FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Amnesty

Amnesty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a thought but.....

It’s been a tough year.

People , myself included spent a disproportionate amount of time on this site, and for many, again myself included it was a saving grace.

With the extended time on site various people pushed things a little too far and ended up losing various rights to the site and some received bans.

I think I speak for a lot of people on here that it would be a nice gesture to grant an amnesty to these wayward souls and bring them back in

I’m not on about the dickheads who are nasty to people and send abusive messages

I’m on about those who recently pushed the mods buttons one to many times

We will shortly pulling lumps out of each other in front rooms, bed rooms, hotel rooms and clubs

We will need all the soldiers we can muster for the big push

#Letthembackin

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nah I don't miss them

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Fuck that. If people are banned they are banned for a reason. I don't think admin hands out permanent bans lightly.

"Fuck that. If people are banned they are banned for a reason. I don't think admin hands out permanent bans lightly."

Sure! But only if I can pick and choose who I wanna see opinions from

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Are we talking a select few people in the Irish forum or would that be extended right across the site because the answer would still be no.

If you join a site you follow the rules. If you challenge those rules or walk the tightrope and get numerous yellow cards you have no right to complain when the red card is issued.

"Are we talking a select few people in the Irish forum or would that be extended right across the site because the answer would still be no.

If you join a site you follow the rules. If you challenge those rules or walk the tightrope and get numerous yellow cards you have no right to complain when the red card is issued. "

By *nickers pants guyMan  over a year ago

Cork killkenny laois Limerick Offaly kildare carlow Dublin Waterford and everywhere else

"Are we talking a select few people in the Irish forum or would that be extended right across the site because the answer would still be no.

If you join a site you follow the rules. If you challenge those rules or walk the tightrope and get numerous yellow cards you have no right to complain when the red card is issued. "

I didn't realise people can get banned from forums I thought it was just a complete site ban. Every day is a school day

I get that but surely lockdown altered peoples behaviour

I’m luckily back at work now and probably spend 10% of the time on the site that I was spending only a month ago

It has a massive bearing on what I post and what I get involved in

[Removed by poster at 29/04/21 21:12:56]

If you join a site you follow the rules. If you challenge those rules or walk the tightrope and get numerous yellow cards you have no right to complain when the red card is issued.

I’m luckily back at work now and probably spend 10% of the time on the site that I was spending only a month ago

It has a massive bearing on what I post and what I get involved in"

I've managed to get through lockdown without my personality changing.

I miss a couple of the peoples input but as others have said if you start reversing lifetime bans they end up being pointless

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

So people should get a break for being pricks because lickdiwn gave them enough time to reveal their true selves?

Belfast

Lockdown is just an excuse. How would this work in practice? Does everyone send in a list of the individuals they are missing? Should we start a wee game and let people vote?

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"Fuck that. If people are banned they are banned for a reason. I don't think admin hands out permanent bans lightly."

"? Should we start a wee game and let people vote? "

Actually.......

"? Should we start a wee game and let people vote?

Actually......."

No

Don't even go there

Actually.......

No

Don't even go there"

Oh come on we could do weekly vote offs, make them do challenges.......

Actually.......

No

Don't even go there

Oh come on we could do weekly vote offs, make them do challenges......."

Not funny

Sick of the moany threads on this topic

Those who got banned need to get over it as do those supporting them

Next!!!!

Actually.......

No

Don't even go there

Oh come on we could do weekly vote offs, make them do challenges.......

Not funny

Sick of the moany threads on this topic

Those who got banned need to get over it as do those supporting them

Next!!!!"

Soooo maybe?

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

I'm sorry but I don't agree at all with lockdown caused a lot to act differently that's a cop out excuse and one that has over used at this point. It most just made some show their true personality show because they spent more time on here so most likely was harder to keep up a false pretence.

"

I'm sorry but I don't agree at all with lockdown caused a lot to act differently that's a cop out excuse and one that has over used at this point. It most just made some show their true personality show because they spent more time on here so most likely was harder to keep up a false pretence. "

Preach

"

I'm sorry but I don't agree at all with lockdown caused a lot to act differently that's a cop out excuse and one that has over used at this point. It most just made some show their true personality show because they spent more time on here so most likely was harder to keep up a false pretence. "

Totally agree

Tough crowd!

Belfast

"Tough crowd! "

No just a crowd that's fed up with the whining and game playing and the do you wanna be in my gang crew.

"Tough crowd!

No just a crowd that's fed up with the whining and game playing and the do you wanna be in my gang crew. "

Hahaha quote of the week

"

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"Tough crowd!

No just a crowd that's fed up with the whining and game playing and the do you wanna be in my gang crew. "

Fab needs a throwing up emoji ...

The main reasons for my post

I struggle to follow rules, always have

So I will always see a gulf of a difference between those who break the rules and dickheads like that bloke who was on here abusing people and being nasty last weekend.

Maybe I’m afraid my innocent infringements will get me banned??

But the main reason I started the thread was 2 people who I really liked on here have quit this week.

They quit the site because of the mood change these last few weeks.

Both made me laugh and I thank them from the bottom of my heart, one of them was nothing but a ray of sunshine to the place

This saddens me and I hoped a bit of forgiveness and togetherness might stop others from leaving

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I mean, it's not like they can't open a new account, take a picture of their sex defining morphological features from the left side this time, and carry on as if nothing happened?

If they step into the proverbial manure, maybe it's time to rethink a few things?

Belfast

"The main reasons for my post

So I will always see a gulf of a difference between those who break the rules and dickheads like that bloke who was on here abusing people and being nasty last weekend.

But the main reason I started the thread was 2 people who I really liked on here have quit this week.

Both made me laugh and I thank them from the bottom of my heart, one of them was nothing but a ray of sunshine to the place

This saddens me and I hoped a bit of forgiveness and togetherness might stop others from leaving

"

You'll never find forgiveness and togetherness in an open forum. That needs to be between the teenagers who are standing on either side of the street shouting insults at each other or taking a potshot from distance and running away.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I mean, it's not like they can't open a new account, take a picture of their sex defining morphological features from the left side this time, and carry on as if nothing happened?

If they step into the proverbial manure, maybe it's time to rethink a few things? "

If you've had a full forum ban, opening a new account won't give you access to the forums again (as a friend of mine discovered after an absolutely mystifying permanent forum ban). Even if you could, if you're found to be evading a forum ban using a different account you can be banned from the whole site permanently.

I have no idea how they police this but they do, and it seems to work.

"

They quit. Weren't banned. Big difference.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"

I absolutely agree that we need to be a bit kinder to each other and be mindful of the decent people here as we don't want nice people leaving. Thats a different issue. People who got more than a day or twos ban did so because the did something bad. Probably repeatedly.

I've had my fair share of forum timeouts for things I generally deserved so I'm not being judgemental, but rules are rules, and this forum is paid for by a private company who get to decide what they want this forum to be. That's fair enough. He who pays the bills decides. Don't like it? Go find another forum.

It's perfectly possible thay one day I'll be banned from here and if I am, so be it. I won't try and convince someone to come back here and beg to be allowed back because thay would be kinda pathetic.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Tough crowd!

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

Who got banned!

[Removed by poster at 29/04/21 22:29:15]

"Who got banned! "

I meant

They quit. Weren't banned. Big difference. "

That is exactly what I was thinking after reading the explanation.

Why would the mods offer an amnesty to people that were being nasty because some other people left the site of their own will?

Doesn't make any sense to me I'm afraid

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"Tough crowd!

No just a crowd that's fed up with the whining and game playing and the do you wanna be in my gang crew.

Fab needs a throwing up emoji ... "

There ya go

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

[Removed by poster at 29/04/21 23:13:08]

"Just a thought but.....

It’s been a tough year.

People , myself included spent a disproportionate amount of time on this site, and for many, again myself included it was a saving grace.

With the extended time on site various people pushed things a little too far and ended up losing various rights to the site and some received bans.

I think I speak for a lot of people on here that it would be a nice gesture to grant an amnesty to these wayward souls and bring them back in

I’m not on about the dickheads who are nasty to people and send abusive messages

I’m on about those who recently pushed the mods buttons one to many times

We will shortly pulling lumps out of each other in front rooms, bed rooms, hotel rooms and clubs

We will need all the soldiers we can muster for the big push

#Letthembackin"

No. Using lockdown as an excuse is shitty behaviour; plenty people were dickheads before lockdown and lockdown didn't change that. A permanent ban is well deserved.

You might have the right to free speech but that doesn't mean you're free of the consequences of it.

Only seeing this thread now but it's the funniest thing I've read all morning. Needed the laugh cheers

By *abraham_LincolnWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

I don't post much I'm a forum lurker but I agree that troublemakers should definitely NOT get a second chance they are all about causing drama and that's not what fab swingers is about in my opinion it's about having fun

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

They all come back sooner or later, or just use their other profile, so what's the fuss all about?

"They all come back sooner or later, or just use their other profile, so what's the fuss all about? "

Just more of the drama that swirls around the same few

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

You don't get a ban for "pushing a mods buttons", you get a ban for breaking rules.

If you have a permanent ban it is normally because of many rule breaks on the forum / for someone who is not likely to come back and stick within the rules/ for posting something really bad on the forum.

If you want it reviewed you would have to ask Admin from the CONTACT link...if they are going to lift the ban they will mail you and let you know

It is nice to see some posts from people who get what the bans are for and why they are given out.