FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Quiz Tonight for Fabbers (Fri 11-06-21) at around 8pm

Quiz Tonight for Fabbers (Fri 11-06-21) at around 8pm

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man  over a year ago

Belfast

Hey folks,

It's that time of the week again.

For those of you who have done these quizzes before, it's the same format as usual.

For those of you who haven't done one of these quizzes before, here are all the details:

To do the quiz all you need is a laptop, tablet or smart phone. The quiz is fully interactive and is just a case of point and click.

I will post on this thread again between 8pm and 8.30pm when I have made the quiz live.

Once I do this then all you have to do is go to the quiz link / web address. If you are a regular then you should already know the link / web address by now.

If you are new to this then you can message me privately and I shall give the link there.

I cannot post the link here on the thread as forum rules only permits links to specific websites.

Once you are on the website then all you have to do is enter your quiz name and choose an avatar and then wait patiently to give others a chance to get logged in and settled before starting the quiz.

Once the quiz starts you will see each question come up on your screen in turn.

For each question you will see four possible answers.

All you have to do is choose one of the answers and then click submit.

You have 15 seconds to answer each question.

Wrong answers do not score any points.

Each correct answer is worth a maximum of 100 points and a minimum of 50 points (depending on how quickly you answer).

The faster you answer correctly then the more points you will get for that question.

Beware though! Sometimes it is better to take a few extra seconds to consider an answer; as a lower score for a question is still better than zero points for a hasty wrong answer.

There will be ten rounds of questions with an interval at the halfway point of the quiz (after round five), for approximately 15 minutes.

The round topics are:

Art & Literature

General Knowledge

Geography

History

Music

Politics

Science

Sports

TV & Films

Bonus Round

There will be a leaderboard shown at the end of each round to show everybody's total scores and then a final leaderboard shown at the end of the quiz to show the final scores and overall winner.

If any of you have any questions or need any more info then please feel free to message me or post here.

I will also keep an eye on this thread during the quiz in case any of you have any issues or queries.

If doing the quiz then I would advise rebooting whichever device you intend to use, before the quiz starts, and also closing any unnecessary apps running in the background.

I would also recommend disconnecting any devices from your WiFi which you shall not use during the quiz to maximise the bandwidth for the device you shall be using.

In the case of bad or poor internet connection then there is nothing that can be done unfortunately as that is all down to your own internet provider.

Hopefully the hosting website and my own internet connection shall not play up.

Here's hoping.

See you all soon folks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

Woohoo c ye latef en route tk buy wine now

dublin/galway

Hopefully my answers tonight are better than my spelling

Belfast

"Woohoo c ye latef en route tk buy wine now "

I have mine chilled and ready. I have feckin earned it this past week. Lol

Belfast

"Hopefully my answers tonight are better than my spelling "

And they say technology is supposed to make our lives easier.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hopefully my answers tonight are better than my spelling "

You sure you're not on the wine already

dublin/galway

"Hopefully my answers tonight are better than my spelling

And they say technology is supposed to make our lives easier. "

Lol.not for nw

Enjoy the wine

Belfast

Hey Folks,

To take part in tonight's quiz please go to the quiz link / web address

*If you need the link / web address then please message me*

Enter in your quiz name and choose an avatar.

You will see question 1 of...... (whatever amount of questions)

Please then wait patiently to give other players a chance

to get settled and logged in.

We will start around 8.40pm or just after) to give people a chance to get sorted.....

(unless any of you need a bit more time to get ready? If so, just let me know.

I sometimes run a Zoom but am unable to do so this evening.

However, I will refresh this thread page during the quiz every so often to check if any of you have any issues or queries.

See you all soon folks.

Get Ready!

Belfast

Hey folks,

The quiz will be starting in a few minutes.

Have already had a few people messaging for the link / web address.

Get read! Enjoy!

Belfast

MrsC starting to run away with it but only the half way point.

I have seen people doing poorly and then suddenly storming back to win it.

By *ayla and the AdmiralCouple  over a year ago

monaghan

I really need to read more books or something!!

Belfast

A lot of people hate that art and literature round and usually score low on it. Thinking that it's maybe bad as a first round starting off so might switch it to be a middle round somewhere so people don't get immediately disheartened from the first round

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple  over a year ago

nearby

"MrsC starting to run away with it but only the half way point.

I have seen people doing poorly and then suddenly storming back to win it."

it won't last unfortunately! Mr C has just joined me, let the second guessing each other commence!!

Belfast

We're about to start the second half. Get ready folks.

By *ayla and the AdmiralCouple  over a year ago

monaghan

Great quiz, very enjoyable. Got booted just going into the final round, that's why I am on the board twice.

Belfast

"Great quiz, very enjoyable. Got booted just going into the final round, that's why I am on the board twice."

Thanks for the lovely compliment and thanks for joining in. Glad that you enjoyed it. Bit of fun to pass a.few hours. Yes, we have had the odd week where people get booted and then when they rejoin they have a different name. I adjusted the scores there to show the proper scores for those that get booted. In other words I took the score from the name they had when they rejoined and added it to the score they already had before they got booted.

Sometimes there is a glitch happens. If one person gets booted then it is usually their own internet connection but there were about three or four of you got booted so that was either the hosting website I used temporarily dropped for a few seconds or else my own internet dropped for a few seconds.

It happens from time to time but I think I have adjusted the scores in accordance to reflect what should be the proper final scores

Belfast

"MrsC starting to run away with it but only the half way point.

I have seen people doing poorly and then suddenly storming back to win it.

it won't last unfortunately! Mr C has just joined me, let the second guessing each other commence!! "

Hahahaha. Yessssss! I totally get where you're coming from. My Miss and I have taken part in quizzes like this together with a group of friends and we are always second guessing each other or sometimes talking and then the other can't hear themselves think or focus on the question properly.

Belfast

Congratulations MrsC (and partially MrC?) On winning this week. It was very up and down throughout the quiz but once you got that lead, although it wavered a bit through rounds, you managed to maintain that healthy lead.

Please send me a message when you get a chance to let me know what charity you would like any donations from this week to go towards.

Belfast

And to the rest of you. Thanks for joining in and taking part. Really appreciated. Hope you all enjoyed it and got something from it.

By *oisyoctopusWoman  over a year ago

Drogheda

That was so much fun again! Challenging, brilliant fun. Thanks again so much for all the work that goes into it!

nearby

"Congratulations MrsC (and partially MrC?) On winning this week. It was very up and down throughout the quiz but once you got that lead, although it wavered a bit through rounds, you managed to maintain that healthy lead.

Please send me a message when you get a chance to let me know what charity you would like any donations from this week to go towards."

Thanks for another funeral evening of quizzing Justin, always

nearby

"Congratulations MrsC (and partially MrC?) On winning this week. It was very up and down throughout the quiz but once you got that lead, although it wavered a bit through rounds, you managed to maintain that healthy lead.

Please send me a message when you get a chance to let me know what charity you would like any donations from this week to go towards.

Thanks for another funeral evening of quizzing Justin, always "

Ffs, fun evening

Belfast

Thanks for another funeral evening of quizzing Justin, always

Ffs, fun evening "

Was wondering who or what died? Was it the craic or the quiz or your internet connection or the forums or humour?

Hehe, kidding. I knew what you meant, and thank you. Autocorrect is a little beach.

Belfast

Bitch ffs. Point proven.

» Add a new message to this topic