FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > New Smartphone

New Smartphone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so I am looking at the Google pixel 4a. Its discounted because upgrade is coming out. Would anyone recommend it? Can get it for approx 300e. For the reviews this seems like great value. Or can anyone else recommend another phone with 5.8 screen for that price. I'm not interested more expensive phones.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *azzuMan  over a year ago

belfast

Uswitch is a good site for comparing phone deals and a good few other things. Maybe worth a try!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been using redmi phones for years. Can't fault them. Great spec and pretty much bullit proof. And really well priced.

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

Poco x3 Pro..

Best value this year and easy under 300 euro.

Have bought a number of them for friends and work colleagues

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Can only second the recommendation of the Redmi brand. Have owned various of the Note and the Poco mentioned above.

Great value for money.

Cherry

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

"Can only second the recommendation of the Redmi brand. Have owned various of the Note and the Poco mentioned above.

Great value for money.

Cherry"

Does new redmi come with android or are they in the same boat at huawei that they can’t use android because they are from China?

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Can only second the recommendation of the Redmi brand. Have owned various of the Note and the Poco mentioned above.

Great value for money.

Cherry

Does new redmi come with android or are they in the same boat at huawei that they can’t use android because they are from China?"

Android

Cheers for the replies. I have never heard of redmi and ill check out the comparison site. There is soo much choice!

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Cheers for the replies. I have never heard of redmi and ill check out the comparison site. There is soo much choice! "

Just make sure it comes with a secure folder app and you're grand

"Cheers for the replies. I have never heard of redmi and ill check out the comparison site. There is soo much choice!

Just make sure it comes with a secure folder app and you're grand "

Definitely BM

And I'd be interested to know people's opinions about refurbs? Obviously reusing phones and tech is much better for the environment. I am talking about refurbs from trusted companies such as Mint plus for example! Battery is big consideration for example.

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

Not worth it any longer. There are a number of new phones at a couple of hundred euro with all the spec and performance you will ever need and fast charging and big batteries

"Not worth it any longer. There are a number of new phones at a couple of hundred euro with all the spec and performance you will ever need and fast charging and big batteries "

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

dropped mine this morning and they are looking for 250 to fix a fecking screen.. I think going forward I'm not going to go with the really expensive ones!! 250 euro to fix a hooring screen!!

(p.s I do have a cover it just fell on its side and it's a curved screen)

Ouch....

Ill be looking for a new phone next month.... time to compost the old apple?

"dropped mine this morning and they are looking for 250 to fix a fecking screen.. I think going forward I'm not going to go with the really expensive ones!! 250 euro to fix a hooring screen!!

(p.s I do have a cover it just fell on its side and it's a curved screen) "

Is it a Samsung?

By *eth TVTV/TS  over a year ago

Mid Meath

A replacement or repair for your mobile may be covered under your home insurance as contents. Definitely check it out

"dropped mine this morning and they are looking for 250 to fix a fecking screen.. I think going forward I'm not going to go with the really expensive ones!! 250 euro to fix a hooring screen!!

If it's a Samsung phone, Samsung screens are the most expensive to replace. My S8 screen is cracked and I got a price of 180e to replace.

My mate got newish iPhone screen replaced and it was only 40e.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

You spend all the money on a fancy phone that looks great in the ads but you have to put a big cover on to protect it

Then when it drops the screen breaks anyway

If someone ever invents a phone that looks ok,has a plastic screen thats unbreakable with the battery of a nokia 3310 they'll make a fortune

By *azzuMan  over a year ago

belfast

Go into town and you should be able to get it fixed at a wee phone shop for well under 100.

3 of those wee ropey looking shops in Belfast and I had my s9 screen fixed for £50 in one and got a new cover for a 10er in another. Sure Dublin has a few of them, much cheaper than going down official routes and the repair is just as good

By *erticalMan  over a year ago

where the streets have no name

For me its never been anything but iPhones, top of the pops, business pays phone expenses, using iPhone 8 and 11 personal and business both Are the very best 11 is totally magic i’d think its a case of what you want? But i have always gone for what i need than after what i want. Have a nice week end

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

(p.s I do have a cover it just fell on its side and it's a curved screen)

Go into town and you should be able to get it fixed at a wee phone shop for well under 100.

3 of those wee ropey looking shops in Belfast and I had my s9 screen fixed for £50 in one and got a new cover for a 10er in another. Sure Dublin has a few of them, much cheaper than going down official routes and the repair is just as good "

I didn't Try town but I did try and wee shop and was quoted that... I nearly fell into the counter when he said 250!!

By *aradisecircusMan  over a year ago

Derry

"And I'd be interested to know people's opinions about refurbs? Obviously reusing phones and tech is much better for the environment. I am talking about refurbs from trusted companies such as Mint plus for example! Battery is big consideration for example. "

I'm using a Huawei Nova 5T refurb. Bought on O2 for £140 and using on Sky Mobile. Phone looked like new. Battery life and performance still as good as ever 16 months later

By *aradisecircusMan  over a year ago

Derry

Ring your network and ask if they'll cover a fix. EE have previously fixed a phone for me free of charge (UK).

Definitely check out redmi & Poco brilliant phones have them myself and have converted family & friends over the last few years €300- €400 with them can get a very hi spec phone and ya can bin the contract and go with the cheaper monthly SIM with all calls & data for under€15 a month

Just a follow on to this thread, I went with the Google Pixel pixel 4a on Amazon. 335e. New pixel is released so 4a is discounted on Amazon. Though not on Google store.

» Add a new message to this topic