FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Can you go vegan ?

Can you go vegan ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asual777 OP   Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Partially stolen from the lounge and continuing the food theme from yesterday .

I don’t think I could . I tried for a while to only eat ethical meat (free range so the animals had a better life , and the type of sea food where the creatures don’t feel pain). Bloody impossible to keep up . So I would struggle to be a veggie let alone go vegan .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Veggie here for 30 years . I eat no meat , fish or eggs . I do eat cheese and milk chocolate so not fully vegan . My daughters are vegetarian too by their own choices . Still have male carnivores in the house and of course the dogs are carnivores too

Ive heard of vegetarians putting their dogs on veggie diets . Flipping idiots get yourself a rabbit instead

:

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

2 veggies in the house. The carnivores have cut meat down to maybe 3 times a week. It's not too hard once you get used to eating veggie alternatives and learn the best way to cook them..

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

1 vegan in the house,I try not to eat meat one or 2 days a week

Genuinely couldn't do without it completely so just cut down

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've cut my meat consumption way down.

And I think I'd adapt eventually.

I think we will all have to to some degree bring our diets in a more sustainable direction.

Saying all that I haven't yet

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

In the past ive working in catering for years and remember one particular chef who stated after one lady came into the kitchen to remind him she was vegan,to which he replied how is that one vegan when she has a different cock in her mouth behind the clubhouse every Friday night....

"In the past ive working in catering for years and remember one particular chef who stated after one lady came into the kitchen to remind him she was vegan,to which he replied how is that one vegan when she has a different cock in her mouth behind the clubhouse every Friday night.... "

Presumably she didn't swallow

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I do my bit for veganism by eating the cows that have been eating their plants.

I'm nice like that!

I like my meat!

I'm not changing now.

By *lose_encounterMan  over a year ago

Cork city

nope...nope...fuck off...if it has a face i'll eat it

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

No

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

No

1 Vegetarian and 1 semi Vegetarian

I was in a shop yesterday and the Manager was reprimanded by a Lady that they did not stock Vegan footwear, then she was informed that what she was looking for was a byproduct of the PetroChemical industry

Have tried cutting down over last few years. It helps tgat my daughter is vegan. So when she stays with me I eat her foods. We both love indian food and there are millions of lively dishes to try.

By *uriousVoyeurMan  over a year ago

Northside

Nope! I wouldn't even try because I love meat! And fish! And eggs! And chocolate! Basically,all the nice things!!! I have no issues with vegetarians or vegan's and I respect their choice but honestly,nearly every vegan I've ever spoken to has felt the need to have a go because I eat meat. I've given up listening now and just tell them they're wasting their time!

"Partially stolen from the lounge and continuing the food theme from yesterday .

I don’t think I could . I tried for a while to only eat ethical meat (free range so the animals had a better life , and the type of sea food where the creatures don’t feel pain). Bloody impossible to keep up . So I would struggle to be a veggie let alone go vegan ."

I go through phases. I'd love to be full time vegan but I do struggle with it. It's getting a lot easier now though, there are some amazing vegan versions of burgers, sausages etc.

By *entleman PoliteMan  over a year ago

Mars

I would find it to complicated to go vegan. Vegetarian, maybe, or reduce meat yes but Vegan seems to complicated to me.

Nope.

Love my meat too much.

I do eat lots of veg as well though.

East / North, Cork

Full vegan is impossible for me. I taste cheese as part of my job. I also keep hens. Always use quorn in place of mince though.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

I'm vegan.

Very easy cooking for yourself obviously. Not too bad in Dublin when going out but very tricky in the countryside.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Denny do meat free sausages. You can get them in Tesco and Dunnes.

I defy anyone to tell the difference between them and pork sausages

East / North, Cork

"Denny do meat free sausages. You can get them in Tesco and Dunnes.

I defy anyone to tell the difference between them and pork sausages"

Sure some pork sausages have as little as 30% pork in anyway

By *mokey and the bandit 1Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

I could probably go the other way and go carnivore easier than vegan. Most vegetables taste awful where as most meats taste great to me.

By *oseredWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Vegetarian here for most of my life but I think I'd struggle with going Vegan.

By *igglesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Veggie for 20+ years and now fully vegan.. Can't say I miss anything with all the choice now

And if it's vegan it "MUST" be good for you

Honestly no. I like my meat too much. If people can do it more power to them, well done but could never give up meat or dairy.

God no! Bacon exists!

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

I wouldn’t and I couldn’t

I think food is something to be enjoyed and I don’t see the point in denying myself enjoyment.

I also think there’s a moral dimension to veganism that is unhealthy.

By *ewrideMan  over a year ago

KK

Not full-time but I could cut down on meat and dairy a good bit

I love cheese too much

Dublin

"I wouldn’t and I couldn’t

I think food is something to be enjoyed and I don’t see the point in denying myself enjoyment.

I also think there’s a moral dimension to veganism that is unhealthy. "

Which moral dimension? And whats unhealthy?

Dublin

"Vegetarian here for most of my life but I think I'd struggle with going Vegan."

It's not as hard as you might think... I suppose if you like dairy products too much it doesn't help.

Which moral dimension? And whats unhealthy? "

Sorting food into “good” and “bad” and the wellness shite that goes with it

Those vegan energy balls with as much sugar as anything are “good” but pizza is “bad” and by extension you have been bad by eating a burger etc

Nope love beef too much

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Vegetarian-yes. Vegan-probably not. A little too extreme for me.

I eat almost no red meat, but I enjoy milk, good quality cheese and eggs.

By *man79Man  over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

I get my meat eaten every night

Dublin

Those vegan energy balls with as much sugar as anything are “good” but pizza is “bad” and by extension you have been bad by eating a burger etc"

Personally the moral choice for me is to not eat animals or have them suffer.

A vegan 'diet' and I say it loosely can be as unhealthy as a meat 'diet'.

But eating more vegetables and fruit is definitely more healthy than a meat only or mixed.

Im one of those rare vegan that don't really care what the other person eats, if you want to eat meat then go for it, it's more than likely I will live longer and with less health issues than someone that's eating meat all the time.. The only problem I see here is that the planet is probably going to be so un-livable in a few year I don't really see that as a benifit

Kids today will suffer our party hangover

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Doubt it. Pretty much carnivore in our house

Those vegan energy balls with as much sugar as anything are “good” but pizza is “bad” and by extension you have been bad by eating a burger etc

But eating more vegetables and fruit is definitely more healthy than a meat only or mixed.

Im one of those rare vegan that don't really care what the other person eats, if you want to eat meat then go for it, it's more than likely I will live longer and with less health issues than someone that's eating meat all the time.. The only problem I see here is that the planet is probably going to be so un-livable in a few year I don't really see that as a benifit

"

How is it better for the environment to fly avocados and other seasonal fruit from around the world than to eat a steak from a cow reared a few miles away

Dublin

How is it better for the environment to fly avocados and other seasonal fruit from around the world than to eat a steak from a cow reared a few miles away"

It's not, but same can be said for all the different meats on offer. EU including Ireland import Brazilian meat, and that's no sustainable either.

By *reeSpiriT17Man  over a year ago

Chepstow

"I would find it to complicated to go vegan. Vegetarian, maybe, or reduce meat yes but Vegan seems to complicated to me. "

It’s only complicated if you make it Just like anything in life Remember over thinking is the mother of all f*ck up x It’s just a lifestyle just like swinging but the difference is !!! This is One of the 3 fuel sources that we need to keep on running on our day to day activities so just like everything else take it in moderate and pace yourself so you won’t burn out/give in after a few months/years x

Remember you won’t put petrol in your Diesel car or vice versa and if you do in time the car will break down and need repairs done

Our body is the most expensive car/plane/boat in this planet we struggle with spare parts if we break down and if they managed to repair us We be in kind of medication for the rest of your life or without limp’s

Something I found helpful is immediate fasting, break fasting in the evening/lunch depends on routine I try to eat something will heal my body from inside try and find out how long does each food types /groups get through your body from start to finish and fasting is the best time to do this experiments and do it 1 full week long for 3 weeks each week different food type start with your Normal week 2 vegetarian week 3 vegan after that it’s up to what fuel type you need to run your Car On

Keyword : Moderate

For the last 2 years I’ve been vegetarian This year I’ve gone vegan to start the new year fasting minimum for 48hrs and 3x 8 minutes endurance circuit training a day fuel source is water/oxygen after today I’ll see how far I can push my body using these fuel source to the limit HNY ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Vegan for almost 3 years. Much easier to gradually work towards it rather than go cold turkey (for want of a better word)

By *everFullyDressedCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Do love our steaks but have definitely been cutting back on the red meat over the past few months….new year resolution is a couple of meat free days a week, more fish and a serious cut down on the bacon!

They said….there’s going to be a sausage and egg sambo prepared shortly….be a shame to not use up what’s in the fridge!!

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Dont be fooled into thinking these vegan meat free meat type stuff is a healthy alternative, they are not.

The most processed of processed food.

Granted no animals are harmed in its making but imo humans who eat it are

By *olimititisMan  over a year ago

barrow

Make a point of eating more red meat in January as do most of my friends, must not be on my own as total sales of red meat went up significantly in 2021 ??

Each to there own,but theres no way I'd go vegan. Like red meat too much. I don't however eat fish anymore mainly down the seaspiracy documentary on Netflix.

Humans have evolved to be omnivores. I tried the whole vegan thing for a few months several years ago. Yes one can survive on plant based diet for a considerable period of time, but you will eventually begin suffering from all kinds of weird symptoms like tingling hands and feet because of vitamin b12 deficiency and reduced vitality and low of energy because of iron deficiency. brain fog, stomach discomfort, dry skin.

The best dietary strategy that works for me, was to eliminate all piggy products pork and ham, rashes and sausages. Pork is probably one of the worst things you can eat.

I eat mostly fish & poultry, and limited amount of red meat twice per week.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Nope.....vegetarian for a few days as I love my vegetables but do need my meat

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"Nope.....vegetarian for a few days as I love my vegetables but do need my meat "

Don't we all

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

87% fail and go back to meat.

Eyes are in front to see our prey.

We have some sharp teeth for a reason.

Less than 1% of plant life is edible

99% of animals are edible.

My food eats the food that you eat.

And for love of god, stop calling your letting on chicken, chicken goujons?

Do without cheese are ya kidding bad enough I don't get the ride as much as I like but go without cheese?

Down with that sort of thing!

somewhere

"Do without cheese are ya kidding bad enough I don't get the ride as much as I like but go without cheese?

"

You need an easy single

"Do without cheese are ya kidding bad enough I don't get the ride as much as I like but go without cheese?

You need an easy single "

I know its like a unicorn hard to find

somewhere

You need an easy single

I know its like a unicorn hard to find "

I know a unicorn but she loves meat

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

I have veggie days but I don't like meat substitutes, the texture feels horrible & gaggy in my mouth.

Granted I've not tried any in a while so they may have improved but I'd rather just have veggies.

Theres an idiot who read this thread and thought it would be ok to message me and ask if I would fix him up with my daughter!!!. He hasnt posted on this thread. @Bulldog2019. If I get a ban, so be it. I sometimes wonder about peoples mental stability. Strange times we live in.

By *iss KissWoman  over a year ago

near Coventry

"Partially stolen from the lounge and continuing the food theme from yesterday .

I don’t think I could . I tried for a while to only eat ethical meat (free range so the animals had a better life , and the type of sea food where the creatures don’t feel pain). Bloody impossible to keep up . So I would struggle to be a veggie let alone go vegan ."

There is no such thing as ethical meat.

Free range is not a thing, and they don't have good lives. Or deaths.

I've been vegetarian for a few years and recently went vegan when I saw the common horrors these animals go through. I had to do it gradually though.

The food is amazing. It's really tasty. I'm a great cook now. It's one of the best things I've ever done. Truely. I wish I'd done it years ago. But you make the connection in your own time. If at all.

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Theres an idiot who read this thread and thought it would be ok to message me and ask if I would fix him up with my daughter!!!. He hasnt posted on this thread. @Bulldog2019. If I get a ban, so be it. I sometimes wonder about peoples mental stability. Strange times we live in."

Well at least that saves me the effort of a PM.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

I’ve been vegetarian for many years and really would love to go vegan one day! My absolute weakness is chocolate though, and that’s the only thing holding me back! If I found a dairy free choc I liked then happy days, but sadly not yet! Other than that, I have a meat and dairy free house Miss pc

I've been vegetarian since I was 12 years old but I could never ever ever give up cheese or eggs

near Coventry

"I’ve been vegetarian for many years and really would love to go vegan one day! My absolute weakness is chocolate though, and that’s the only thing holding me back! If I found a dairy free choc I liked then happy days, but sadly not yet! Other than that, I have a meat and dairy free house Miss pc "

There's stacks of yummy dairy free chocolate. My favourite is the plant kitchen truffles by m and s. My family steal them from me. Better than real chocolate!.

But for cheap and cheerful, Aldi do big bars.

Also. Morrisons do lovely chocolate cupcakes.

Chocolate is addictive. If you can go without it for about 3 weeks, you'll break your craving.

"I’ve been vegetarian for many years and really would love to go vegan one day! My absolute weakness is chocolate though, and that’s the only thing holding me back! If I found a dairy free choc I liked then happy days, but sadly not yet! Other than that, I have a meat and dairy free house Miss pc "

Booja Booja, really rich truffle type chocolates in a big variety of flavours, in most health stores. One or two will satisfy any chocolate craving - expensive but totally worth it in my book (should this be in the notions thread)

somewhere

Tesco do Dairy free chocolate

Tried vegan, felt weak and lost motivation in most things tbh so went carnivore, keto like, felt had more energy which is important here lol

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Went vegan for 6 approx. Lost a pile of weight. Had a lot of energy it was great. I felt great. My sex drive was through the roof.

Till one day when I was working out, very tired, tore a muscle and a ligament. Went to doctors found out I had also become anaemic.

Went back to eating meat and dairy. Took me nearly a year to get my bloods back to normal and recover from the injury fully.

I should have eaten a wider variety of veggies and fruits. It was my fault I became anaemic. And taken vitamins.

Still eat some vegan meals on a regular basis.

Great for detoxing the body.

chester

"I’ve been vegetarian for many years and really would love to go vegan one day! My absolute weakness is chocolate though, and that’s the only thing holding me back! If I found a dairy free choc I liked then happy days, but sadly not yet! Other than that, I have a meat and dairy free house Miss pc

Booja Booja, really rich truffle type chocolates in a big variety of flavours, in most health stores. One or two will satisfy any chocolate craving - expensive but totally worth it in my book (should this be in the notions thread) "

Ooh thank you for the recommendation, I’ll look them up, love the name Miss pc

chester

"I’ve been vegetarian for many years and really would love to go vegan one day! My absolute weakness is chocolate though, and that’s the only thing holding me back! If I found a dairy free choc I liked then happy days, but sadly not yet! Other than that, I have a meat and dairy free house Miss pc

There's stacks of yummy dairy free chocolate. My favourite is the plant kitchen truffles by m and s. My family steal them from me. Better than real chocolate!.

Chocolate is addictive. If you can go without it for about 3 weeks, you'll break your craving. "

Thanks so much, I’ll have to try another Aldi as ours don’t stock it sadly! My daughters fave is Waitrose vegan choc, the salted caramel smells nice, but no sharing with mum haha Miss pc

God no, I eat a small farm every week

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Never tried to be honest ,my daughter is vegan and gives me a hard time about it all tho so perhaps I might at some stage .

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Wouldn't go completely vegan but have had one vegetarian day each week before and it was great to get a break from the norm

Have you tried NOMO chocolate, it’s my favourite so far. Lidl have a decent vegan hazelnut bar in at the moment too

near Coventry

Chocolate is addictive. If you can go without it for about 3 weeks, you'll break your craving.

Thanks so much, I’ll have to try another Aldi as ours don’t stock it sadly! My daughters fave is Waitrose vegan choc, the salted caramel smells nice, but no sharing with mum haha Miss pc"

Damn. We haven't got a waitrose. Thanks though

In

near Coventry

"Never tried to be honest ,my daughter is vegan and gives me a hard time about it all tho so perhaps I might at some stage ."

What does she say?

By *carlettsBruceCouple  over a year ago

Cullybackey

Both vegan for over 2 years now. No looking back and don't feel we're missing out at all

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

We love meat and if we're honest we don't consider the environment when we buy our meat. We do try to eat clean as much as possible though, minimal processed foods.

We would never consider going vegan and part of that decision is due to the militant nature of some vegans and their need to force their opinions on you and judge you for your meal choices.....just our experience so far.

By *iquidRavenMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Vegan the last few months and as someone who would have scoffed at the idea 10 years ago I've come around slowly but have realised that eating meat, dairy eggs etc from the industries that churn them out is a passively evil act

I know some vegans on TV and social media can come across as militant BUT what is more militant than a society that turns animals into commodities, brutally kills them and causes massive health complications for people and devastates the world environment

The lack of B12, Iron etc can be easily supplemented

And like any diet or way if eating it can be healthy or unhealthy

On a side note the new 'meats' like Beyond Burger are so ear the real thing that they'll probably replace meat in the next few years as the OG industries are so inefficient and devastating and so on

Dublin

And I suppose when people say things like you do you and I'll do me, the difference is that a mental amount of death and destruction and purposeful killing goes into eating meat

Veganism obviously isn't blood free but at least the intension is

Just my 3 cents

Not a chance!I love me meat too much

near Coventry

"Vegan the last few months and as someone who would have scoffed at the idea 10 years ago I've come around slowly but have realised that eating meat, dairy eggs etc from the industries that churn them out is a passively evil act

I know some vegans on TV and social media can come across as militant BUT what is more militant than a society that turns animals into commodities, brutally kills them and causes massive health complications for people and devastates the world environment

On a side note the new 'meats' like Beyond Burger are so ear the real thing that they'll probably replace meat in the next few years as the OG industries are so inefficient and devastating and so on"

I fully agree with you. I guess you're feeling like me. I feel like I've been freed. It's hard to explain. But now that my actions fall in line with my thoughts, it's so freeing. I have never condoned animal cruelty. I don't believe you should cause suffering, distress and ultimately death to any animal. I wouldn't do it to a dog and if I saw anyone kicking a cat to death, I'd be defending that cat. But I strangely drank milk. Knowing what I know. I just couldn't do it anymore. I feel great. Inside and out. My sore knees have become pain free, my head clearer, skin lovely. If that's the price i have to pay to be truely against animal cruelty, then I'm in.

By *ustkrissMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm trying to eat better and buy more local products. I feel bad about massive production and slatter of animals. So I thought buying from smaller farms would be better. But honestly it's the cost that get me. My local farm shop is expensive and I noticed alot of it is still wrapped in plastic boxes then wrapped again in more plastic

Roxy

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

No, I wouldn't want to miss out on dairy and eggs and I don't really buy the concept of veganism. However I believe in organic farming and most food that goes into me is organic.

I eat mostly vegetarian, once or twice a week I've some organic meat. I grow my own spuds and onions, intend to grow my own veg and get my own chickens for eggs.

Dublin

"Vegan the last few months and as someone who would have scoffed at the idea 10 years ago I've come around slowly but have realised that eating meat, dairy eggs etc from the industries that churn them out is a passively evil act

On a side note the new 'meats' like Beyond Burger are so ear the real thing that they'll probably replace meat in the next few years as the OG industries are so inefficient and devastating and so on

I fully agree with you. I guess you're feeling like me. I feel like I've been freed. It's hard to explain. But now that my actions fall in line with my thoughts, it's so freeing. I have never condoned animal cruelty. I don't believe you should cause suffering, distress and ultimately death to any animal. I wouldn't do it to a dog and if I saw anyone kicking a cat to death, I'd be defending that cat. But I strangely drank milk. Knowing what I know. I just couldn't do it anymore. I feel great. Inside and out. My sore knees have become pain free, my head clearer, skin lovely. If that's the price i have to pay to be truely against animal cruelty, then I'm in. "

Big time Miss Kiss, I'm on the same vibe. The only reason that is tolerated is that it's always been done!

If I bred dogs and publicly sliced one's throat after having it exist it's short life in vile conditions I'd literally be lynched by whatever local community I lived in but there'd be a lad with a bacon sarnie in his mouth while he hoisting me up

And yeah having your own chickens as Doghunter said would be a more ethical way to source eggs for sure but whether meat is organic or not it still gets the gruesome end and the welfare standards are nonsense. Happy cows and chickens is Orwellian double speak if anything ever was

PS I'm not preaching as I ignored all this shit for years by blocking it out and not really fully looking into it but the truth is that the industry is a daily animal holocaust that is also wreacking havoc on the environment

Nope. Love the taste and texture of meat iny mouth

"Nope. Love the taste and texture of meat iny mouth "

Me too but I don't swallow

By *asual777 OP   Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Are we still talking about veganism?

"Nope. Love the taste and texture of meat iny mouth

Me too but I don't swallow "

Spitting is such a waste

"Are we still talking about veganism? "

Of course. I'm a vagetarian

Have you watched dominion Seaspiracy and cowspircay?

These are great educational documentary's to see what people buy into when buying meat diary etc etc

Been vegan for 5 years now. And never felt better.

"Have you watched dominion Seaspiracy and cowspircay?

These are great educational documentary's to see what people buy into when buying meat diary etc etc

Been vegan for 5 years now. And never felt better. "

I have watched both. Very well produced.

I am not vegan/vegetarian but spent 10 years in a relationship with a vegetarian who also had strict vegan stages. I embraced the diets to a degree and from time to time I find myself preferring vegetarian food.

"In the past ive working in catering for years and remember one particular chef who stated after one lady came into the kitchen to remind him she was vegan,to which he replied how is that one vegan when she has a different cock in her mouth behind the clubhouse every Friday night.... "

But that was a consenting cock

By *e MasseurMan  over a year ago

lk

I only eat food that's vegan!

Every single cow, pig, or chicken I ate were 100% vegan

I love Barbecue too much to stop with it

By *alwayVixenWoman  over a year ago

Galway

I was vegan for a couple of years, very difficult to adhere to it, particularly when travelling. Cheese & eggs are my main weak points, but having said that, I felt great on a fully vegan diet, if not a bit anti-social.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

From a whole planet stance vegetarianism is the most rational and ethical route we should be taking; red meat production is simply wasteful and produces too much effluent and methane.

But our management of fish stocks worldwide is too shortsighted!

Been vegan 36 years. Its easy now, odd people think it's difficult to do.

By *azirlMan  over a year ago

Marbella

"Dont be fooled into thinking these vegan meat free meat type stuff is a healthy alternative, they are not.

The most processed of processed food.

Granted no animals are harmed in its making but imo humans who eat it are"

It depends on what they’re made out of because animals, birds and insects can all be harmed in the production of vegan meat replacements and their deaths are just a waste.

We're both OK with intercourse with vegans

By *ot neuteredMan  over a year ago

Kildare

Are regular condom's vegan, and before anyone says vegans only use big ones, it's not the size of them I'm talking about

» Add a new message to this topic