FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Close to your family?

Close to your family?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I find this time of the year difficult if I’m honest because I’m not close to my family. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I find this time of the year difficult if I’m honest because I’m not close to my family. Is anyone else in the same boat? "

Sorry to hear that Johnny

"I find this time of the year difficult if I’m honest because I’m not close to my family. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Sorry to hear that Johnny "

Just got to make the best of it Dee

Not close to family but not upset either as it was my choice to distance myself

I have no family apart from my children who are with me and a sibling in Australia, we were never close anyway.

This year is difficult for many people for different reasons - the ridiculous level of hype makes it worse, no such thing as the picture postcard family Christmas

"This year is difficult for many people for different reasons - the ridiculous level of hype makes it worse, no such thing as the picture postcard family Christmas "

*this time of year

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"I find this time of the year difficult if I’m honest because I’m not close to my family. Is anyone else in the same boat? "

I'm sorry to hear that you don't have family you are close to.

I do hope that you may have some close friends who might include you in some of their Christmas festivities - even if it's just for a cuppa while they're preparing Christmas dinner.

I know that I had friends who took me in in the times my children are with their dad and I don't want to travel across the country to see my relatives. But I know I'm lucky with my support group, I know not everyone is.

If you are spending it on your own, try and stay somewhat active, go for a walk/run, make plans and stick to them. Prepare your own food and make it festive while enjoying a movie maybe.

Whereas I believe Christmas is about family, it has gotten wayyyy too commercial. Make it what it is for yourself - some extra time away from work.

"I find this time of the year difficult if I’m honest because I’m not close to my family. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I'm sorry to hear that you don't have family you are close to.

I do hope that you may have some close friends who might include you in some of their Christmas festivities - even if it's just for a cuppa while they're preparing Christmas dinner.

I know that I had friends who took me in in the times my children are with their dad and I don't want to travel across the country to see my relatives. But I know I'm lucky with my support group, I know not everyone is.

If you are spending it on your own, try and stay somewhat active, go for a walk/run, make plans and stick to them. Prepare your own food and make it festive while enjoying a movie maybe.

Whereas I believe Christmas is about family, it has gotten wayyyy too commercial. Make it what it is for yourself - some extra time away from work. "

I would thank you privately but I can’t

» Add a new message to this topic