FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > People who don’t drink

People who don’t drink

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orkGuyFunGuy OP   Man  over a year ago

Cork

Love the lifestyle, but drinking seems to be a big part of it. Do people find almost all meets or most meets or socials involve alcohol?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope never been to a social or meet where I was expected to drink.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Most socials are held in places with a bar. A lot of drink is taken. That doesn't mean that you can't jist not drink. Plenty of people choose not to drink though and you can do the same.

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

Just say you have to drive in the morning, I've avoided drinking almost altogether but I do enjoy the odd drink sometimes

"Just say you have to drive in the morning, I've avoided drinking almost altogether but I do enjoy the odd drink sometimes"

Why it's noone business whether you drinking or not. If I'm asked I just say " I'm not end of story."

By *igglefunWoman  over a year ago

Cork

There is no pressure on anyone to drink its a choice u make for urself

I went to a social recently and did not drink. I've been to other events and have not drank either. It depends on the location and if I am driving also. But I think it is very valuable to be able to go to a social or party and not have to have a drink to settle any nerves.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

To be fair we do prefer going out for a drink rather than a coffee as we know we can make a nice night out of it if the mood and company is right while if you're having a coffee - you're kinda limited to that coffee cup or two as there's only so much coffee and cake one can eat and drink

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I don't drink and never have done so I won't be making up excuses for not doing so. Everyone is free to have a drink if they wish and as long as they respect my choice not to, it's all good.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Everyone at our social on friday was drinking pints of Heineken Zero

Next weekend I'd have 2 or 3 pints over the night..thats all...I've often had pints of ...nobody cares to be honest

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Sorry should have typed cola

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Nope we dont drink and its never been an issue

By *igglebutt and FoamyCouple  over a year ago

Kildare, Cork

I dont drink at all and i have never felt any pressure at any of the parties or clubs to have one. Its a personal choice but i do draw the line at playing with people who are obviously too d*unk to give meaningful consent.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I rarely drink and have never felt pressured to at any meet or social.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Love the lifestyle, but drinking seems to be a big part of it. Do people find almost all meets or most meets or socials involve alcohol?"

I think drinking at these events is a bad idea.. Consent is a major factor if someone is plastered d*unk.. I've never met anyone whilst d*unk.. Its messy and you can't have a quick getaway of things get a bit hairy..

By and large; alcohol and excessive amounts of alcohol seem to permeate a lot of meets. Sometimes things stronger than drink!

Perhaps it’s something to do with nerves - but I don’t think that’s a good way to deal with the emotions of swinging.

Plus it just pushes the action back and back.

I’d genuinely jump at an early bird, teetotaller session at this point. Can’t be dealing with the hangovers.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Love the lifestyle, but drinking seems to be a big part of it. Do people find almost all meets or most meets or socials involve alcohol?"

I can only drink so much alcohol. I always say I'm tipsy after one, d*unk after 2, and anyone's after 3 .

I have rarely had socials involving alcohol. I prefer my judgement not to be impaired, hence rarely drink at a social.

That opinion is reinforced by my first ever partnered social with a previous partner (met one other couple) which did involve all others taking drink. They all wanted to play at the end of the night. I was the spoilsport so it didn't happen.

Yet I was messaged later by the other male that they only want to meet me again as she had changed her mind on my ex partner...

Not only will I be very cautious with my own intake of alcohol if I do consume it, but that experience means I'll be extra watchful of others taking alcohol because as another mentioned - meaningful consent is a thing and I'd hate to be at the receiving end of a decision with regret.

I do respect others decision to drink but it'll remain chit chat on the day/night with me

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

On normal meets I don’t tend to drink, unless it’s a night away in a hotel with someone I know well and we go for dinner and a couple of drinks. The few socials I’ve been to, I’ve drank but would never allow myself to get d*unk at one for safety’s sake.

Tbh I do find it mad how langered some people get at socials and then go off with people. Asking for trouble imo

"Most socials are held in places with a bar. A lot of drink is taken. That doesn't mean that you can't jist not drink. Plenty of people choose not to drink though and you can do the same.

"

This is my experience also.

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

Unfortunately alcohol has a major part to play in any social setting in Ireland, don't drink myself and when asked why I don't I say I'm crazy enough without it , imagine I took drink lol. Have no problem people having a drink but won't play if I think uve too much drink taken .

it amazes me the amount of people will want to play with u when there well on with a few drinks and when there sober at the beginning of the night they would hardly speak to u lol.

Mr crazy

Never felt under pressure to drink in a social setting and I prefer meets for sex to be sober

By *ara198Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

I've never seen someone very d*unk at a party or social, some people drink, some don't, either way it's fine..but I'd very staying away from d*unk people. It's a personal choice

Been to plenty of socials and parties where people got plastered or worse before playing. Never felt the need to drink to be honest or felt like we had to. Prefer teetotal meets as someone above described now. Can't be dealing with the hangovers.

By *unsigntwoCouple  over a year ago

athlone

"Unfortunately alcohol has a major part to play in any social setting in Ireland, don't drink myself and when asked why I don't I say I'm crazy enough without it , imagine I took drink lol. Have no problem people having a drink but won't play if I think uve too much drink taken .

it amazes me the amount of people will want to play with u when there well on with a few drinks and when there sober at the beginning of the night they would hardly speak to u lol.

Mr crazy "

I wouldn't be much of a drinker, and have cancelled meets when it became clear large quantities of alcohol would be flowing. I guess lots of folk need some Dutch courage to relax and lower their inhibitions. I just prefer to not have all those feel good endorphins dulled by alcohol.

By *DSGCouple  over a year ago

That place in

We dont drink and have as much fun as those who drink, each other own

Up to a person if they want to drink or not

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Only the good ones

"Unfortunately alcohol has a major part to play in any social setting in Ireland, "

This is the crux of it, we wouldn't play with anyone who appeared to be dependent on alcohol for social skills or the courage to take their clothes off.

By *ogladyWoman  over a year ago

The bog

I drink at socials and not once has it ever impaired my judgement...

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Rarely drink, at a social i might have one or 2

By *hett and scarlettCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Scarlett doesn’t drink and has still enjoyed meeting guys. While it can help with the nerves, she kinda just rolls with the butterflies now.

Two of the lads that we’ve seen over the last 18 months were drinkers either.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I never drink alcohol, and I respect the rights of those who wish to do so,in moderation, whatever the venue or occasion.

Loutishness precipitated by excessive drinking is a different matter!

» Add a new message to this topic