FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Neil Young

Neil Young

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Neil Young demanding his music be taken off Spotify until Joe Rogan is removed from it...

Anyone else think Neil Young can fuck off!!!

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

It’s his music so he can do what he wants with it.

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

He can fuck off on every level

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Can’t say I’d notice Neil Young being gone but I’d rather Joe Rogan fucked off into the ether tbh.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Neil Young demanding his music be taken off Spotify until Joe Rogan is removed from it...

Anyone else think Neil Young can fuck off!!!"

I'd take listening to Neil Young over listening to Joe Rogan anyday of the week.

Joe Rogan is a twat and Neil Young is perfectly right.

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

One of the lads just sent me a link to an interview Joe Rogan did with Jordan Peterson where they duscuss climate change being a myth. Even if you really did believe that the argument these to scholars put up would make you doubt black was white...which is another thing the state. Aw God my head, dopes.

"Joe Rogan is a twat and Neil Young is perfectly right."

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Joe Rogan is a twat and Neil Young is perfectly right."

100% this. Neil Young is a legend.. and he is using the platform he has to protest Joe Rogan who is a total cunt

Cant see Joe Rogan going anywhere. He has approx 11 million viewers per episode and was no 1 spotify news podcast for 2021

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/25/neil-young-demands-spotify-remove-his-music-over-joe-rogan-vaccine-misinformation#:~:text=Rogan%20signed%20a%20US%24100,podcast%20and%20has%20tremendous%20influence.

By *xBelMorriganMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Neil Young is right and every since artist should threaten the same because Joe Rogan shouldn't be given a platform to spew misinformation and bigotry. He's well entitled to say that stuff but he should not be given a platform. Plus Spotify is terrible for artists anyway,and their CEO has started investing millions in military tech so that's another reason to no longer use the platform

"Joe Rogan is a twat and Neil Young is perfectly right.

100% this. Neil Young is a legend.. and he is using the platform he has to protest Joe Rogan who is a total cunt"

Gets my vote too

Joe Rogan is peddling dangerous misinformation and lies that puts people's lives in danger. The WHO and 270 international medical doctors and virolists have called on Spotify to remove these Joe Rogan lies and misinformation from Spotify. Rogan does this to pander to the American right wing public, the MAGA headaches, and ultimately to the millions of dollars he is making from this conspiracy bullshit.

Joe Rogan is shameful and dangerous.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

It's perfectly understandable for anybody to want to distance themselves from someone like Rogan!

East / North, Cork

Spotify should actually take a leaf out of Neil Youngs book and take a moral stance rather than always chasing the dollar. Its good for business to have ethics.

By *anddswingCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin & Kilkenny 'ish

"Neil Young demanding his music be taken off Spotify until Joe Rogan is removed from it...

Anyone else think Neil Young can fuck off!!!"

Neil Young, is foolish to pursue this. It's sad that he'd winge because he disagrees with another's interviews and beliefs.

What makes the world tolerable is that we can all voice our opinions, the act of science itself is to question and debate.

In fairness Joe Rogan is a pretty good interviewer, he is not an academic. He has an opinion and trying to silence someone for a different view is simply wrong.

Many of Joe Rogan's guests have been proven correct - but we'd prefer not to visit that if it doesn't agree with our belief's which is sad really.

You can always not listen to Him or Neil Young for that matter, it's called choice, but trying to silence someone is very childish and silly.

Many on here have a big problem with having a choice but are very vocal for a choice that suits them.

I think Neil Young is very wrong for his threats - let's see if he follows through. I'd bet he does not, and for a few reasons, One being he has obligations to his labels.

The current appetite in the world is that we must all only follow one narrative, the world we live in today was not built by the masses, it was the very few that changed the world.

"When the whole world is running towards the edge of a cliff, he who runs in the opposite direction seems to have lost his mind"

"Spotify should actually take a leaf out of Neil Youngs book and take a moral stance rather than always chasing the dollar. Its good for business to have ethics."

Unfortunately it won't happen because it would be a very poor business move and considering how Spotify decimated the music industry with the pitiful royalties they give artists they have proved without a shadow of a doubt that profit if their only motivation

East / North, Cork

Neil Young, is foolish to pursue this. It's sad that he'd winge because he disagrees with another's interviews and beliefs.

What makes the world tolerable is that we can all voice our opinions, the act of science itself is to question and debate.

In fairness Joe Rogan is a pretty good interviewer, he is not an academic. He has an opinion and trying to silence someone for a different view is simply wrong.

Many of Joe Rogan's guests have been proven correct - but we'd prefer not to visit that if it doesn't agree with our belief's which is sad really.

You can always not listen to Him or Neil Young for that matter, it's called choice, but trying to silence someone is very childish and silly.

Many on here have a big problem with having a choice but are very vocal for a choice that suits them.

I think Neil Young is very wrong for his threats - let's see if he follows through. I'd bet he does not, and for a few reasons, One being he has obligations to his labels.

The current appetite in the world is that we must all only follow one narrative, the world we live in today was not built by the masses, it was the very few that changed the world.

"When the whole world is running towards the edge of a cliff, he who runs in the opposite direction seems to have lost his mind" "

Hahaha how did I know you'd be a fan of this conspiracy twat.

"When the whole world is running towards the edge of a cliff, he who runs in the opposite direction seems to have lost his mind" "

You state

"What makes the world tolerable is that we can all voice our opinions, the act of science itself is to question and debate"

Yet in almost every single covid and misinformation debate you commented on recently you start by insulting those "debating" with. As a woman far smarter than you orvi once said, the moment you lower yourself to demeaning or insulting someone in a debate you have already lost regardless of how valid you think your point is. And on that not...I'm out

Perfectly said, I am in no way a fan of joe rogan but he's entitled to have his podcast and share his opinion.

"When the whole world is running towards the edge of a cliff, he who runs in the opposite direction seems to have lost his mind"

You state

"What makes the world tolerable is that we can all voice our opinions, the act of science itself is to question and debate"

Yet in almost every single covid and misinformation debate you commented on recently you start by insulting those "debating" with. As a woman far smarter than you orvi once said, the moment you lower yourself to demeaning or insulting someone in a debate you have already lost regardless of how valid you think your point is. And on that not...I'm out "

WOW - what's doesn't suit your narrative you bow out, I've never insulted anyone personally, I've voiced my opinion which like you I'm entitled to.

I may be able to articulate an argument better than most - and reading your opinion it seems you've resorted to misinformation.

I'd suggest you have a re-read of what I post, I'd not insult anyone personally, you should be able to see this. Don't make up an argument that does not exist.

Challenge everything that's what science teaches.

Finally, you have voiced an opinion of how I interact, which has nothing to do with the topic, are you looking for attention? or just wanted something to say?

East / North, Cork

I think you forgot the virtue signalling accusation. You might want to add that next time

Hahaha how did I know you'd be a fan of this conspiracy twat."

You're like Mystic Meg - you infer something that you could not possibly know as truth. I spoke about opinions and choice and how Neil Young was foolish for trying to silence another for a different viewpoint. I merely pointed out facts. Why do people make up points just to say something? I infer it's attention-seeking.

East / North, Cork

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Ive never heard of the guy

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 26/01/22 11:15:33]

"If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...."

Roast it and add plum sauce?

Okay so why aren't you challenging the misinformation that Joe Rogan spreads?

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

Belfast, Dublin

Is it worth reading the long posts?

Not sure if I can be fucked today

"Is it worth reading the long posts?

Not sure if I can be fucked today"

No, it's the usual bullshit where someone is wrong but trying to sound clever by talking about "challenging science" etc. Snoozefest.

No, it's the usual bullshit where someone is wrong but trying to sound clever by talking about "challenging science" etc. Snoozefest."

A fairly condescending one at that.

Belfast, Dublin

No, it's the usual bullshit where someone is wrong but trying to sound clever by talking about "challenging science" etc. Snoozefest."

Oh right, one of those ones where opinions are just as good as facts

No, it's the usual bullshit where someone is wrong but trying to sound clever by talking about "challenging science" etc. Snoozefest.

Oh right, one of those ones where opinions are just as good as facts "

The very same!

Okay so why aren't you challenging the misinformation that Joe Rogan spreads?"

What misinformation is he spreading, and what has that got to do with Neil Young trying to silence his guests and speakers.

I merely commented on the topic? we all understand how to focus on the topic at hand yes?

By *azirlMan  over a year ago

Marbella

Okay so why aren't you challenging the misinformation that Joe Rogan spreads?"

Highlight the misinformation. For the most part him and his guests have been right.

The media and powers to be were saying the lab leak theory was a conspiracy and racist but now even they’ve admitted that it’s a likely cause.

Being fat is still one of the most unhealthy things you can chose to be and puts you at greater risk when it comes to things like covid. That’s not misinformation.

Most people that die with covid have multiple co-morbidities.

On the podcast people have talked about died with covid not from covid and that was brushed off but all of a sudden that’s what governments are saying now.

Ivermectin is a proven safe drug for people, if it works or not for covid I don’t care. Are you going to call out all the lies and misinformation spread about that when it comes to him?

Of course there will be things that are said during interviews that are wrong but for the most part it’s usually right and unlike most he owns up to and corrects mistakes.

"What misinformation is he spreading, and what has that got to do with Neil Young trying to silence his guests and speakers.

I merely commented on the topic? we all understand how to focus on the topic at hand yes? "

He discourages people from getting despite its proven efficiency in stopping COVID hospitalizations.

He says the vaccine is gene therapy.

He invites discredited doctors on his show to help further these lies and add a veneer of professionalism to them.

The funny thing is I don't think even Joe Rogan believes this bullshit. I think he knows it will get him money and an audience to peddle it.

East / North, Cork

Highlight the misinformation. For the most part him and his guests have been right.

The media and powers to be were saying the lab leak theory was a conspiracy and racist but now even they’ve admitted that it’s a likely cause.

Being fat is still one of the most unhealthy things you can chose to be and puts you at greater risk when it comes to things like covid. That’s not misinformation.

On the podcast people have talked about died with covid not from covid and that was brushed off but all of a sudden that’s what governments are saying now.

Ivermectin is a proven safe drug for people, if it works or not for covid I don’t care. Are you going to call out all the lies and misinformation spread about that when it comes to him?

Of course there will be things that are said during interviews that are wrong but for the most part it’s usually right and unlike most he owns up to and corrects mistakes. "

It's only "things that are said" that were wrong you say?

Ahh well that's cool with me so

"What misinformation is he spreading, and what has that got to do with Neil Young trying to silence his guests and speakers.

I merely commented on the topic? we all understand how to focus on the topic at hand yes?

He discourages people from getting despite its proven efficiency in stopping COVID hospitalizations.

He invites discredited doctors on his show to help further these lies and add a veneer of professionalism to them.

The funny thing is I don't think even Joe Rogan believes this bullshit. I think he knows it will get him money and an audience to peddle it. "

I've never heard him say that people should not get the Covid Injection, (BTW it's not a vaccine in the true sense of a vaccine) here is the Collins dictionary description of a vaccine "A vaccine is a substance containing a harmless form of the germs that cause a particular disease. It is given to people, usually by injection, to prevent them getting that disease." Our Covid Vaccine, doesn't match that description does it, were we given misinformation, yep we were. That's a fact.

Who are these discredited doctors - he had a very eminent Doctor on Dr McCullough. (one of the most published Doctors in the world) I've listened to that podcast and found it very informative, and when no one will debate him on his remarks it seems odd, no?

You do understand that the technology may not be gene therapy in the truest sense of the word, but for laypeople, it is easier to understand being called this. It does attach and add to DNA or mRNA depending on the product, to produce an immune response. Again, Joe is not a medical professional so he may not have the correct terminology. (I'd listen to his guests who are, that would be more helpful).

Neil Young threatening to pull his music because he disagrees with someone and their guests is childish. He is a musician after all, why would his opinion matter more than Joe Rogan's, and certainly not more than some of the professionals who understand this far more than someone not in the medical profession, particularly epidemiology.

What Joe is doing is allowing debate, we all once thought the world was flat, and that Zeus was the god who made people, and you would have been killed for disagreeing.

Challenge everything that is the essence of science.

The funny thing is I don't think even Joe Rogan believes this bullshit. I think he knows it will get him money and an audience to peddle it.

I've never heard him say that people should not get the Covid Injection, (BTW it's not a vaccine in the true sense of a vaccine) here is the Collins dictionary description of a vaccine "A vaccine is a substance containing a harmless form of the germs that cause a particular disease. It is given to people, usually by injection, to prevent them getting that disease." Our Covid Vaccine, doesn't match that description does it, were we given misinformation, yep we were. That's a fact.

Who are these discredited doctors - he had a very eminent Doctor on Dr McCullough. (one of the most published Doctors in the world) I've listened to that podcast and found it very informative, and when no one will debate him on his remarks it seems odd, no?

You do understand that the technology may not be gene therapy in the truest sense of the word, but for laypeople, it is easier to understand being called this. It does attach and add to DNA or mRNA depending on the product, to produce an immune response. Again, Joe is not a medical professional so he may not have the correct terminology. (I'd listen to his guests who are, that would be more helpful).

Neil Young threatening to pull his music because he disagrees with someone and their guests is childish. He is a musician after all, why would his opinion matter more than Joe Rogan's, and certainly not more than some of the professionals who understand this far more than someone not in the medical profession, particularly epidemiology.

What Joe is doing is allowing debate, we all once thought the world was flat, and that Zeus was the god who made people, and you would have been killed for disagreeing.

"

Thanks for quoting the dictionary at me.

Yes Dr McCullough is the discredited quack. He might be widely published, but that doesn't make him correct. Andrew Wakefield is also highly published but we all know he's a proven liar.

Glad to hear you don't support the flat earth theory, that truly is a surprise.

Marbella

Of course there will be things that are said during interviews that are wrong but for the most part it’s usually right and unlike most he owns up to and corrects mistakes.

It's only "things that are said" that were wrong you say?

Ahh well that's cool with me so "

During all of this hasn’t pretty much everyone in high up position that are in charge of the response said things that were blatantly wrong.

Are you holding them to at least the same standard? It should be to a higher standard but somehow they get a free pass.

Marbella

Yes Dr McCullough is the discredited quack. He might be widely published, but that doesn't make him correct. Andrew Wakefield is also highly published but we all know he's a proven liar.

Glad to hear you don't support the flat earth theory, that truly is a surprise."

How is he a discredited quack? He was(is) actually treating people and from the sounds of it had a lot more success than most doctors but shouldn’t that be something that is compared so we actually see what the best process is.

Waiting for people to be on deaths door before trying anything to help them certainly didn’t work, chucking sick people back into nursing homes certainly didn’t minimise deaths.

Why would you be upset with someone that didn’t want to let it get that far before helping them?

Seems pretty crazy to me that someone basically said they don't think someone should be silenced for their opinion. Is then met with condescending and sort of hostile responses.

Guys, doesn't matter what opinion you hold, the active encouragement of censorship is mind boggling.

Marbella

"Seems pretty crazy to me that someone basically said they don't think someone should be silenced for their opinion. Is then met with condescending and sort of hostile responses.

Guys, doesn't matter what opinion you hold, the active encouragement of censorship is mind boggling. "

100%

I cant believe how nasty people are here.

East / North, Cork

"Seems pretty crazy to me that someone basically said they don't think someone should be silenced for their opinion. Is then met with condescending and sort of hostile responses.

Guys, doesn't matter what opinion you hold, the active encouragement of censorship is mind boggling. "

Choosing not to be on the same platform as someone you find abhorrent isn't censorship. There are plenty of other places for him to broadcast. He's not going to be silenced as a broadcaster. The awful shite isn't going to disappear don't worry.

East / North, Cork

..even if he was going to be removed from Spotify, which he isn't, as Spotify paid him millions to use their services.

Guys, doesn't matter what opinion you hold, the active encouragement of censorship is mind boggling.

Choosing not to be on the same platform as someone you find abhorrent isn't censorship. There are plenty of other places for him to broadcast. He's not going to be silenced as a broadcaster. The awful shite isn't going to disappear don't worry."

Yeah if he just chooses not too. If he's saying I'm not streaming my music until he is removed from spotify then yes it is an attempt at censoring him.

I'm sorry but as I have already stated I'm not a fan of joe rogan, quite the opposite actually, but I'm even less of a fan of people dictating to other what opinions they should hold or where they are allowed conduct their broadcasting.

Like as much as you or I hate his message, I think setting the tone of censorship this way is a net negative.

Belfast, Dublin

Presenting beliefs and opinions as facts or equivalent to facts is wrong.

This behaviour should not be accepted at a large organisation as it has very serious real life consequences.

There are standards at most other broadcasting entities to counter this, there isn’t on Spotify podcasts, so saying that Spotify should be held responsible for their content isn’t controversial

East / North, Cork

Choosing not to be on the same platform as someone you find abhorrent isn't censorship. There are plenty of other places for him to broadcast. He's not going to be silenced as a broadcaster. The awful shite isn't going to disappear don't worry.

Yeah if he just chooses not too. If he's saying I'm not streaming my music until he is removed from spotify then yes it is an attempt at censoring him.

I'm sorry but as I have already stated I'm not a fan of joe rogan, quite the opposite actually, but I'm even less of a fan of people dictating to other what opinions they should hold or where they are allowed conduct their broadcasting.

Like as much as you or I hate his message, I think setting the tone of censorship this way is a net negative."

I don't think Joe Rogan potentially not being on Spotify is censorship. That's where we disagree I guess

Spotify is great tho

Like as much as you or I hate his message, I think setting the tone of censorship this way is a net negative.

I don't think Joe Rogan potentially not being on Spotify is censorship. That's where we disagree I guess"

There is a difference between just not being on spotify and being removed from spotify cause someone doesn't like his opinion.

The act of removing him from spotify because of his opinion is textbook censorship, its literally imposing our beliefs (as much as we know we are right and he is wrong) on others and silencing him because he doesn't agree.

Belfast, Dublin

Neil Young asked Trump not to play his music at his rallies as he didn’t want to be associated with him

So he’s used the exact same principle here

So Neil is either censoring himself or censoring someone else or a more calm balanced take is “I don’t want people associating me and him so I don’t want to be on the same platform as him”

East / North, Cork

I don't think Joe Rogan potentially not being on Spotify is censorship. That's where we disagree I guess

There is a difference between just not being on spotify and being removed from spotify cause someone doesn't like his opinion.

The act of removing him from spotify because of his opinion is textbook censorship, its literally imposing our beliefs (as much as we know we are right and he is wrong) on others and silencing him because he doesn't agree."

That's not silencing him. He has plenty of other platforms. Other braodcasters who are not on spotify aren't considered as censored.

[Removed by poster at 26/01/22 14:00:59]

East / North, Cork

Collins dictionary...

"Censorship is the censoring of books, plays, films, or reports, especially by government officials, because they are considered immoral or secret in some way"

If Spotify remove him then they are censoring him and their own content.

Buy censoring is part of everyday life and isn't always a bad thing.

Spotify removed several podcasts that had racist content before Christmas. If something is deemed to be against what ever their company standards are they will remove them.

Of course with listener numbers like JRE those standards may shift.

Glad to hear you don't support the flat earth theory, that truly is a surprise."

You are completely wrong, and a capable intellect would be able to back up their assertions, your not. I suppose Luke O'Neill is who you'd reference? Don't be silly, you have not pointed to where Joe Rogan told people not to get the injection, you've not been able to show this injection is a Vaccine, you're angry and incapable of confident argument. You are spreading misinformation as fact and you are wrong. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm factual and coherent this is a quality you don't possess.

I'm glad though you have an opinion, it's incorrect but you're entitled to it, and I'd not be so patronising for you having it. The world would be very boring if we all agreed with the same incorrect information wouldn't it, we'd also be at a loss for intelligence.

Belfast, Dublin

What in the name of fuck has happened to the world where people are arguing over their own preferred Dr and own preferred medical studies

Jesus Christ, chill the fuck out

Watch tv or listen to music and enjoy communal stuff rather than focusing on shite that people are using to divide communities up for their own personal gain

Glad to hear you don't support the flat earth theory, that truly is a surprise.

You are completely wrong, and a capable intellect would be able to back up their assertions, your not. I suppose Luke O'Neill is who you'd reference? Don't be silly, you have not pointed to where Joe Rogan told people not to get the injection, you've not been able to show this injection is a Vaccine, you're angry and incapable of confident argument. You are spreading misinformation as fact and you are wrong. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm factual and coherent this is a quality you don't possess.

I'm glad though you have an opinion, it's incorrect but you're entitled to it, and I'd not be so patronising for you having it. The world would be very boring if we all agreed with the same incorrect information wouldn't it, we'd also be at a loss for intelligence. "

*you're not, fixed that for you

By *issLipsandhipsWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"What in the name of fuck has happened to the world where people are arguing over their own preferred Dr and own preferred medical studies

Jesus Christ, chill the fuck out

Watch tv or listen to music and enjoy communal stuff rather than focusing on shite that people are using to divide communities up for their own personal gain"

It's actually pretty sad :-/