FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Healthy Eating.

Healthy Eating.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fabbers since new year new start restrictions lifting people back to their activities, let's talk about diet.

I had a thought earlier which promots my first question, what kind of protein do people buy that one can add to a beverage? I have heard of people doing it and i have tried with the protein i use and nope it doesn't work the consistency ends up all lumpy. Anyone know?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

That's meant to day prompt lol and a hot beverage.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you taking it for post-workout or just to boost your protein intake..

Always best to get it through your nutritional intake of your meals, but if you don't like the powdered drinks you could always eat protein puddings

By *NawtyCplCouple  over a year ago

Around and about

I hate milkshake or protein shakes and I struggle to get enough protein in most days. Although I eat meatand fish etc, at least two meals a day I eat are vegetarian

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

I use My Protein but with a shaker doofer that mixes it so its not lumpy.

You might just need one of them. Its a metal line curvy round thing haha thats the best description I can come up with after 2 whiskies and very little food

"I use My Protein but with a shaker doofer that mixes it so its not lumpy.

You might just need one of them. Its a metal line curvy round thing haha thats the best description I can come up with after 2 whiskies and very little food "

Thank you actual i got an idea from that i could just shake it first with water then add to the hot drink. Good woman yourself why didn't think of that before. Sugar is my down fall i can cut carbs easily enough. I just thought of a good idea why not add protein to your whisky lol.

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"I use My Protein but with a shaker doofer that mixes it so its not lumpy.

You might just need one of them. Its a metal line curvy round thing haha thats the best description I can come up with after 2 whiskies and very little food

Thank you actual i got an idea from that i could just shake it first with water then add to the hot drink. Good woman yourself why didn't think of that before. Sugar is my down fall i can cut carbs easily enough. I just thought of a good idea why not add protein to your whisky lol. "

Carbs are good for you though, don't cut them out too much or you'll attack a bakery for all the bread

Scrap that, I'll come along to make sure no one gets in the way of your refeed

By *rkkidMan  over a year ago

Cork

Could use a milk frother.. obviously on cold setting ..

Or maybe try a hot latte protein shake

By *MagCouple  over a year ago

Cork

I use a nutribullet to get rid of the lump ..can add almonds and oats aswell !

"Fabbers since new year new start restrictions lifting people back to their activities, let's talk about diet.

I had a thought earlier which promots my first question, what kind of protein do people buy that one can add to a beverage? I have heard of people doing it and i have tried with the protein i use and nope it doesn't work the consistency ends up all lumpy. Anyone know? "

Why do you need to take protein powder? Why not eat more foods full of protein?

Avonmore do a fantastic protein milk which has 21g of protein in it. I’d highly recommend it.

By *rkkidMan  over a year ago

Cork

[Removed by poster at 28/01/22 21:33:11]

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Fabbers since new year new start restrictions lifting people back to their activities, let's talk about diet.

I had a thought earlier which promots my first question, what kind of protein do people buy that one can add to a beverage? I have heard of people doing it and i have tried with the protein i use and nope it doesn't work the consistency ends up all lumpy. Anyone know?

Avonmore do a fantastic protein milk which has 21g of protein in it. I’d highly recommend it. "

Why buy Avonmore protein milk and not just get your protein from food?

Avonmore do a fantastic protein milk which has 21g of protein in it. I’d highly recommend it. "

Because i can't eat as much as i need and have poor digestion so protein shakes work i make them with water because i don't like to have to much milk, i add berries, banana, spinach and other fruits depending on what's there. I will check out that milk though sounds good thanks.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

Aldi do Skyr Icelandic yogurt pots and pouches that are high in protein 10-12g and the Brooklea yogurt is 25g...Great snacks!

By *ara198Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

"Aldi do Skyr Icelandic yogurt pots and pouches that are high in protein 10-12g and the Brooklea yogurt is 25g...Great snacks!"

These are a great source, you should be able to match all dietary needs from natural protein food sources, the powders are convenient so of course heavily processed and there are impacts on your digestion, liver and kidneys, they are a short term rather than long term thing. I'd talk to a nutritionist rather than a swingers chat forum for health advice.

"Aldi do Skyr Icelandic yogurt pots and pouches that are high in protein 10-12g and the Brooklea yogurt is 25g...Great snacks!

These are a great source, you should be able to match all dietary needs from natural protein food sources, the powders are convenient so of course heavily processed and there are impacts on your digestion, liver and kidneys, they are a short term rather than long term thing. I'd talk to a nutritionist rather than a swingers chat forum for health advice. "

I am not looking for a nutritionist i actually have one but only spoke once with her so far, just chatting about diet because i enjoy it. I know what my digestion issue it has been diagnosed and i will not go into is here but there's no quick fix to it. Yes convenience suits me with protein powder everyone to there own way if doing it.

By *addybucksMan  over a year ago

Protein milk is good.Its cheap and has 50g protein per litre.How many grams of protein do you need per day?

"Protein milk is good.Its cheap and has 50g protein per litre.How many grams of protein do you need per day?"

Not sure must check again but am sure it's 45/60grams it does change with the amount of training as well. I just remember it was two or three times a day. But i get as much with food as i can but sometimes with the busy schedule it's doesn't work out to be prepared all the time every single day.

Could get some protein water. 10grams per 500ml

"Protein milk is good.Its cheap and has 50g protein per litre.How many grams of protein do you need per day?"
Its a load of dirt

"Protein milk is good.Its cheap and has 50g protein per litre.How many grams of protein do you need per day?

Not sure must check again but am sure it's 45/60grams it does change with the amount of training as well. I just remember it was two or three times a day. But i get as much with food as i can but sometimes with the busy schedule it's doesn't work out to be prepared all the time every single day.

"

You need about 1.2 to 1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight. If your tyring to build muscle its 1.7 to 2.2 per kg of body weight

"Protein milk is good.Its cheap and has 50g protein per litre.How many grams of protein do you need per day?

You need about 1.2 to 1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight. If your tyring to build muscle its 1.7 to 2.2 per kg of body weight "

Yeah am sure it was definitely more because i remember it being hard to get the amount i need in. Thanks.

Around and about

You need about 1.2 to 1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight. If your tyring to build muscle its 1.7 to 2.2 per kg of body weight "

So if I weigh 64kg and I am strength training 3 or 4 times a week to build muscle, I need about 110grams of protein a day! Id say I struggle to get in 50 or 60.

Whats the upshot of not eating enough protein? Is it that you will never build the muscle?

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

I had a thought earlier which promots my first question, what kind of protein do people buy that one can add to a beverage? I have heard of people doing it and i have tried with the protein i use and nope it doesn't work the consistency ends up all lumpy. Anyone know? "

Buy the metal shaker on amazon its only about 3.50

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Chia seeds

Chicken

Ham

Protein shake

You need about 1.2 to 1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight. If your tyring to build muscle its 1.7 to 2.2 per kg of body weight

So if I weigh 64kg and I am strength training 3 or 4 times a week to build muscle, I need about 110grams of protein a day! Id say I struggle to get in 50 or 60.

Whats the upshot of not eating enough protein? Is it that you will never build the muscle? "

You need to eat calories and protien to build muscle. You should be eating around 2100 cals a day maybe 2300. You can't build muscle unless your in a calori3 surplus. Protein helps with repair the muscle and allowing it to grow. Forget the protein if your not eating enough calories you'll never grow muscles.

Also there is protien in almost everything. Its the own nutrient most people hit daily. Track it on my fitness pal and see how much you eat.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

I use Herbalife by far the best I've tasted & when I was marathon training I tried them all

Around and about

Whats the upshot of not eating enough protein? Is it that you will never build the muscle?

You need to eat calories and protien to build muscle. You should be eating around 2100 cals a day maybe 2300. You can't build muscle unless your in a calori3 surplus. Protein helps with repair the muscle and allowing it to grow. Forget the protein if your not eating enough calories you'll never grow muscles. "

Ah ok, im trying to stay in a calorie deficit to loose fat. Combining cardio and the weights to build muscle and cut weight at same time. Might be wasting my time

You need to eat calories and protien to build muscle. You should be eating around 2100 cals a day maybe 2300. You can't build muscle unless your in a calori3 surplus. Protein helps with repair the muscle and allowing it to grow. Forget the protein if your not eating enough calories you'll never grow muscles.

Ah ok, im trying to stay in a calorie deficit to loose fat. Combining cardio and the weights to build muscle and cut weight at same time. Might be wasting my time "

Without being blunt you really are. It's not scientifically possible to do both at the same time.

By *iquidRavenMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Ah ok, im trying to stay in a calorie deficit to loose fat. Combining cardio and the weights to build muscle and cut weight at same time. Might be wasting my time

Without being blunt you really are. It's not scientifically possible to do both at the same time. "

Not fully sure that's correct, I read its unlikely and hard to do but possible. But yeah it's obviously better to be in a surplus for building. Though I'd still say being in a deficit whilst hitting your protein target will at least maintain muscle... hopefully

And OP why don't you get a plant based protein shake... digestive issues are usually down to dairy and whey and casein can have a bad effect on some people

Without being blunt you really are. It's not scientifically possible to do both at the same time.

Not fully sure that's correct, I read its unlikely and hard to do but possible. But yeah it's obviously better to be in a surplus for building. Though I'd still say being in a deficit whilst hitting your protein target will at least maintain muscle... hopefully

And OP why don't you get a plant based protein shake... digestive issues are usually down to dairy and whey and casein can have a bad effect on some people "

Being in a deficit whilst hitting a protein target will still result in muscle loss.

Dublin

And OP why don't you get a plant based protein shake... digestive issues are usually down to dairy and whey and casein can have a bad effect on some people

Being in a deficit whilst hitting a protein target will still result in muscle loss. "

What if your in a protein surplus but calorie deficit?? Genuinely asking as you've somewhat decent gainage

[Removed by poster at 29/01/22 13:55:33]

Dublin

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm

Give that a read.

Being in a deficit whilst hitting a protein target will still result in muscle loss.

What if your in a protein surplus but calorie deficit?? Genuinely asking as you've somewhat decent gainage "

Won't matter. Deficit for loss

Maintenance for maintaining and surplus for gains. Those are the 3 stages. Ideally want to be spending as little time as possible in a deficit.

Dublin

Sound

"https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm

Give that a read. "

Working out 6 days a week. Extremely overweight young men and no previous experience working out. I don't think thay applies to anyone on this site.

To answer the question try iso whey clear. 8& calories a shake, 21g protein and it’s like dilute juice it’s that light.

Tuna , blend that into your coffee in the morning.

Protein keeps you fuller for longer and it actually helps lose weight because of the thermic effect of food and the presence of nitrogen on the protein,makes it slightly harder for the body to breakdown than carbs which have the same amount of calories, 4 per gram.Fat is the daddy , it has 9 per gram but if you gave an abundance you store it instead of using it as fuel.

As for sugar and craving it, it's like most addictions, will power and goals will help. It is the body's preferred source of energy and the problem we have is it's too easily available and absorbable.

As for adding protein to your whiskey , whiskey sour, the whites of the egg contain nearly all the protein and none of the fat, although the alcohol contains 7calories per gram and it's easily absorbed.

Only joking about the tuna.

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Without being blunt you really are. It's not scientifically possible to do both at the same time. "

Off course its possible....if someone is looking to improve there body in some way and if they have excess bodyfat then yes you need to be in a caloric deficit...nothing major...300-500 calories below maintainence and yes keep your protein high....as domeone said atleast 1 gram per lb of bodyweight...protein keeps you full longer,takes more energy to breakdown(thermogenic)and feeds your muscle.

Do your cardio and resistant training...eat well within reason...dont fret over everything...enjoy the journey

But def if you do those things you will see changes in weeks,months...may it be a drop in dress size...some shape changes...baby steps

Newtownabbey

I personally use bodybuildingwarehouse whey80....they slways have %deals on every week/month so ya can get it for like 50-60% off...i never do shakes...dont fill ya tbh...i put it in my breakfasts...may it be porridge/cream of rice or french toast...aswell as a scoop in a cup of greek yogart for the flavour boost and the extra 20-25gm protein ontop of the 15 in the low fat yogart...mix in some berries.

Even shake a scoop or 2 in 300ml or water then pour that over your cereal of choice...theres an extra 40-50gm of easy digesting flavoured protein and say 200-240 calories(if using water) depending on your protein powder nutrition figures

Newtownabbey

Save ££££ just use whatever milk you enjoy...may it be cow milk,almond milk,whatever then add your 25-30gm of whey powder to it....way cheaper...and tastier

By *indenMan  over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"

Off course its possible....if someone is looking to improve there body in some way and if they have excess bodyfat then yes you need to be in a caloric deficit...nothing major...300-500 calories below maintainence and yes keep your protein high....as domeone said atleast 1 gram per lb of bodyweight...protein keeps you full longer,takes more energy to breakdown(thermogenic)and feeds your muscle.

Do your cardio and resistant training...eat well within reason...dont fret over everything...enjoy the journey

But def if you do those things you will see changes in weeks,months...may it be a drop in dress size...some shape changes...baby steps "

Is there an easier way which doesn’t involve any lifestyle changes or work?

Asking for a friend…..

Newtownabbey

"

But def if you do those things you will see changes in weeks,months...may it be a drop in dress size...some shape changes...baby steps

Asking for a friend….. "

Nope..its all on you tbh.

Little changes and mini milestones and goals on your journey

Small changes make a big difference..try n get into a routine wgere it becomes basically a normal thing u do and enjoy,and work on you for you

By *indenMan  over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"

Asking for a friend…..

Small changes make a big difference..try n get into a routine wgere it becomes basically a normal thing u do and enjoy,and work on you for you "

Got to be honest with you, not the answer I for was hoping for…..

But I do appreciate the input and advice, it’s the one thing I do have control over

I’ve been guilty of over rewarding myself for being good till it’s just a trade off between one and the other and nothing really gained….

By the way, what’s your take on grapes?

I’ve an awful weakness for them, a 500g serving is quite common…….

Is it a thumbs up or down for them?…….

Newtownabbey

"

Asking for a friend…..

Small changes make a big difference..try n get into a routine wgere it becomes basically a normal thing u do and enjoy,and work on you for you

But I do appreciate the input and advice, it’s the one thing I do have control over

I’ve been guilty of over rewarding myself for being good till it’s just a trade off between one and the other and nothing really gained….

Is it a thumbs up or down for them?……."

Def wouldnt fo u any harm...plenty of nutrients and anti oxidants....fruit is good for ya...fruit and plenty of vegtables are the best thing for ya. add in your proteins and healthy fats....induldge now n then...enjoy life....try and track your calories to some degree and go from there...work things out around your day to day life.. everyones different...busy jobs....manual jobs...desk jobs and so on.hope this helps a bit of info

"

Asking for a friend…..

Is it a thumbs up or down for them?……."

If your doing the exercise eating well and not getting anywhere then 500g of grapes could be the 300-400kcals that make the difference in loss.

Of you are having them as a daily extra treat.

I'm just saying cause the same thing caught me back in the day I used to eat about the same amount frozen every evening as a not of a treat.

I trained myself to not crave that post 8pm snack anymore just by lowering portions and distracting myself with more active stuff in the evening than to.

It's not that the grapes were bad it was that I was using them to kill boredom than anything I didn't need that extra food and don't miss them now.

"

Asking for a friend…..

Is it a thumbs up or down for them?…….

Def wouldnt fo u any harm...plenty of nutrients and anti oxidants....fruit is good for ya...fruit and plenty of vegtables are the best thing for ya. add in your proteins and healthy fats....induldge now n then...enjoy life....try and track your calories to some degree and go from there...work things out around your day to day life.. everyones different...busy jobs....manual jobs...desk jobs and so on.hope this helps a bit of info"

This is my big let down is tracking calories i find it's to much work trying to find the items and put them in and just thinking about it all the time. I tried and every time i gave up after a few days of it.

» Add a new message to this topic