FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Have any of you been recognised from here

Have any of you been recognised from here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ancy38 OP   Woman  over a year ago

galway

This has probably been asked loads on here. Just wondering if anyone has ever been recognised by someone they know on here?

I have recognised a few cples from here and I know they know its me from my cple profile, although we never say anything but I am abit uncomfortable with some knowing about me in the town I live in.

Ireland has moved on so much in recent times, but there is still the small town mentality amongst some people who like to ridicule people for having adult fun. I think its going to take maybe another decade or two for swinging to be socially acceptable here in Ireland without any feelings of embarrassment for having adult fun.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think the majority of people who are on here would hope anyone that recognises them on here would have the decency to say nothing.

I've had the odd message from blank profiles saying they recognise or seen me on the local shop. I just says thanks but wasn't me and if they persist I just block.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

On a previous profile I recognised a guy who worked for me and had a facepic on his couples profile.

He messaged me but I ignored it and then blocked.

A few weeks later he disobeyed a direct order from me and said he would tell everyone my secret if I didn't let him do things his own way. There was nothing in my profile that could have identified me as I only had 2 pics so I called his bluff and he was sent to a disciplinary and then went on long term sick after that.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The perverse morality of the Cathic Church in Ireland will take another generation or two to be eradicated from living memory.

Regrettably, the small town (valley of the squinting windows) mentality still persists in places, but is slowly dissipating.

Sex is a normal part of the human animal's life, and it will come to be accepted that monogamy is only one manifestation of sexual relationships that not all of the Irish population adhere to.

In the meantime, for at least another 20+ years, swinging will have to continue to be a private personal secret interest.

The legacy of conservative narrow-minded Catholic morality is long-lasting, regrettably.

Oh, and no-one has ever mentioned my interest in swinging to me; I keep that aspect of my life very carefully under wraps.

galway

"I think the majority of people who are on here would hope anyone that recognises them on here would have the decency to say nothing.

I've had the odd message from blank profiles saying they recognise or seen me on the local shop. I just says thanks but wasn't me and if they persist I just block. "

I think this too although there is a small minority that like to talk which is disturbing. I did get one msg about 8 years ago when I was part of cple profile thst mentioned our names but then the profile blocked us. It does get you paranoid.

galway

"The perverse morality of the Cathic Church in Ireland will take another generation or two to be eradicated from living memory.

Regrettably, the small town (valley of the squinting windows) mentality still persists in places, but is slowly dissipating.

Sex is a normal part of the human animal's life, and it will come to be accepted that monogamy is only one manifestation of sexual relationships that not all of the Irish population adhere to.

In the meantime, for at least another 20+ years, swinging will have to continue to be a private personal secret interest.

The legacy of conservative narrow-minded Catholic morality is long-lasting, regrettably.

Oh, and no-one has ever mentioned my interest in swinging to me; I keep that aspect of my life very carefully under wraps. "

You do have valid points about the Catholic Church having a part in this mindset. I do prefer mine to be very private but you an only keep it private to a certain extent because it does involve meeting people.

galway

"On a previous profile I recognised a guy who worked for me and had a facepic on his couples profile.

A few weeks later he disobeyed a direct order from me and said he would tell everyone my secret if I didn't let him do things his own way. There was nothing in my profile that could have identified me as I only had 2 pics so I called his bluff and he was sent to a disciplinary and then went on long term sick after that. "

WOW!

I was recognised after I sent a message to someone we had matched on tinder, we spoke briefly but nothing came of it.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"On a previous profile I recognised a guy who worked for me and had a facepic on his couples profile.

A few weeks later he disobeyed a direct order from me and said he would tell everyone my secret if I didn't let him do things his own way. There was nothing in my profile that could have identified me as I only had 2 pics so I called his bluff and he was sent to a disciplinary and then went on long term sick after that. "

How did he recognise you if there was nothing in your profile that could identify you?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

A few weeks later he disobeyed a direct order from me and said he would tell everyone my secret if I didn't let him do things his own way. There was nothing in my profile that could have identified me as I only had 2 pics so I called his bluff and he was sent to a disciplinary and then went on long term sick after that.

How did he recognise you if there was nothing in your profile that could identify you?"

I didn't say he did. That's why I called his bluff. I recognised him from his facepic and when he made the threat so soon after it was the only thing I could think he might be referring to.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Not that I know of but I have had a couple of men claiming they know me in messages one even telling me he went to school with me which is highly unlikely as we lived at opposite ends of the country then. I had two convinced I was someone else,one sent me a woman's name and address trying to convince me I was her. All just went on my block list.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Recently heard of a business near us going downhill when word got out. The business is still going, so hopefully they get over the 'hump'.

Ridiculous really.

I got two creepy messages saying they either recognised me or knew where I lived.

First time I was in local shop wearing a distinct pair of yoga pants that appeared on Fab. They sent me a very creepy message saying they knew my arse anywhere

Second time I had taken photos in my bell tent which was up on my front lawn at the time. A guy message asking me did I live on such a road and could he pop over.

By *uskysoundsCouple  over a year ago

west

We were recognised by a couple that lived across the road, our dogs head was in the bottom of one of our pics and we never noticed him.. we have had great fun with them as they are a lovely couple.

Still friends 5 years later

By *aidRXTV/TS  over a year ago

ashbourne

I dont so much have an issue being recognised as I believe were all in the same boat so still respect the discreetness of our hobby.

That said... years ago... me and my partner were on another site and she was recognised... got a couple of messages and then one christmas when she was in her hometown at a bar, the guy started shouting things across the bar "Mistress xxx" and such.

Obviously gave her a fright and now due to that bad experience, coupled with that she was trying all this for me, she is no longer involved.

Some people just dont have any sense!!!

We all just need to respect each other and the privacy of our hobby!

Yeah I know a few people but since we're all in the same boat it doesn't bother me too much. That said, I wouldn't be keen to play on my own doorstep

Wouldn't bother me as such...

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

I’ve had people recognise me from tinder by my lips apparently

Doesn’t particularly bother me but it’s creepy when they refuse to tell you where they recognise you from.

By *j1981Man  over a year ago

cork

"I’ve had people recognise me from tinder by my lips apparently

Doesn’t particularly bother me but it’s creepy when they refuse to tell you where they recognise you from. "

Yeh thats a bit one way.....

"Recently heard of a business near us going downhill when word got out. The business is still going, so hopefully they get over the 'hump'.

Ridiculous really."

Heard of a similar situation in a small town but after fee months was forgotten..business as usual then

By *organ DeanWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

On a previous profile a person told me they were friends with my brother and knew who I was. He thought that because we lived a few streets away that we should be fwbs.

From what he said he absolutely did know my brother. I've never known who he was.

I possibly have been but I am not even aware of it. I don't care at this stage as I am single and it is not affecting anyone else. I am still careful and discreet because I do not want unwanted attention.

"We were recognised by a couple that lived across the road, our dogs head was in the bottom of one of our pics and we never noticed him.. we have had great fun with them as they are a lovely couple.

Still friends 5 years later "

Lovely story. So it's not always a bad thing to be recognised. Hope you gave that dog a reward!

By *ford dudeMan  over a year ago

County

Have recognised a handful of people and also been recognised myself by others. Few minutes embarrassment followed then by the realisation that we are all on this for similar reasons and its not a biggie.

I'd never go broadcasting it about them and they don't about me. Works out.

I guess I'm lucky that way!

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"We were recognised by a couple that lived across the road, our dogs head was in the bottom of one of our pics and we never noticed him.. we have had great fun with them as they are a lovely couple.

Looked at your very sexy pictures 15 times so far....still can't see the dog....I'll have another look

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

We have recognised a couple of people but we just blocked and said nothing, not sure if we have been recognised though

By *edknobsMan  over a year ago

mullingar

"On a previous profile a person told me they were friends with my brother and knew who I was. He thought that because we lived a few streets away that we should be fwbs.

From what he said he absolutely did know my brother. I've never known who he was.

"

That's scary.... creepy

The only thing that resonates here with me is recognising women who ended up on here after I had told them about the site

By *reative ideasMan  over a year ago

Next door

I've been recognised twice, once by a cousin's husbands sister. She recognised me from the wedding, no issues or awkwardness at all in fairness.

We still chat.

I don't think I've ever recognised anyone.

By *anto3087Man  over a year ago

dun laoghaire

Recognised by fellow tennis club member at meet and greet.

It eas a couple, the fem was a member of club. Very sexy lady.

No issues.

By *uskysoundsCouple  over a year ago

west

Looked at your very sexy pictures 15 times so far....still can't see the dog....I'll have another look "

Lol... removed coz he had a distinctive head

Looked at your very sexy pictures 15 times so far....still can't see the dog....I'll have another look

Lol... removed coz he had a distinctive head "

I would settle for regular head

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Lol... removed coz he had a distinctive head "

It can't be just me that actually wants to see the doggie now

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

yes more then once.

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

I was only helping a couple in their hour of need . They were looking for a plumber but since I was in her locality I think I frightened her cos they disappeared .I would not have outed them

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Anyone got the fix for a broken record?

By *annah HuntWoman  over a year ago

K

"Anyone got the fix for a broken record?"

It's just an echo silly

"Anyone got the fix for a broken record?"
I guess a muzzle will do.

By *razygoalsMan  over a year ago

Dundalk

Ive had a few messages saying they know me, mostly recently actually, my profile makes me fairly recognisable to anyone who would know me...

People here are roughly one in the same, those who arnt, fuck em, their opinions mean fuck all

Lucky people. Tigger here was actually recognised by a couple in our Legion yesterday. We will post more if things develop

Wearing a disguise out in public always helps.

Or does it??

https://youtu.be/oCERfa8LcS4

My buddy recognises his ex wife on here . Someone tipped him off . I met my ex brother in law at a m+g ended up hanging out with him and his wife for the night. They got a free hotel room with me for their troubles

By *ru9137Man  over a year ago

Billingham

I work all around the UK for a large distribution company. I was in Scotland and went to Strathclyde park the first night there and met a couple who took me back to there home for some fun. the next day she was introduced to me as my contact and I ended up working with her for 6 weeks.

The look on her face when she walked in the room was priceless, I was a regular at there house and had many meeting through her, a very good few weeks.

Haven't been recognized but it's a major fantasy of mine to be recognized by someone at work who proceeds to make me their bitch on the basis of it

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple  over a year ago

nearby

We have been recognised but no idea by who, he put our names in the subject bar and that was it

Have been recognised, had a lad message me and ask me if I was (name) and if I worked in (workplace). He just wanted to drop a message and say hello. I don’t really mind people I know messaging me at all aslong as they are discrete and open with me also I’ve recognised a few people on here from working in local shops, in my year in school ect but I wouldn’t dream of messaging them and saying I know them due to the fact they might not be comfortable with it

By *inkyKaty33Woman  over a year ago

cork

I've recognised a good few people on here, never close connections thankfully! but work colleagues & acquaintances over the yrs & just blocked & never thought of them in that instance again. Each to there own im not aware that ive ever been recognised thankfully ha!

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

"We have been recognised but no idea by who, he put our names in the subject bar and that was it "

People should either introduce themselves or stay quite. But thats kinda creepy and just weird behaviour!

Dee's been recognized a few times by people work related or locals. Only had to block one of them. I got recognized by one of the lads in work. Said to me on here who he was and nothing else.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Person on website....recognises other person on website....

Don't be a dickhead...

Say hello or stay quiet...

Try and not be creepy...

Again don't be a dickhead..

"Have been recognised, had a lad message me and ask me if I was (name) and if I worked in (workplace). He just wanted to drop a message and say hello. I don’t really mind people I know messaging me at all aslong as they are discrete and open with me also I’ve recognised a few people on here from working in local shops, in my year in school ect but I wouldn’t dream of messaging them and saying I know them due to the fact they might not be comfortable with it "

How do you think they recognised you in the first place. Your profile doesn’t give away much at all

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple  over a year ago

nearby

"We have been recognised but no idea by who, he put our names in the subject bar and that was it

People should either introduce themselves or stay quite. But thats kinda creepy and just weird behaviour!

ya we were totally freaked out and deleted profile, this was a while back but said f××k it and f××k him!

"

"We have been recognised but no idea by who, he put our names in the subject bar and that was it

ya we were totally freaked out and deleted profile, this was a while back but said f××k it and f××k him!

"

Well done you guys we hopefully will react the same way it’s our time now and we can’t wait and fuck the begrudgers

By *murphMan  over a year ago

drogheda

Have been recognised a few times on here both local and a few times outside my area as I travel for work I’m single so it dosnt mater I have had a good few meets off here and they didn’t want to be verified or verify me I respect their prificy it is only fun and respect

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Probably, but I'm not concerned about it because this is not a mainstream site that is well known!

"Have been recognised, had a lad message me and ask me if I was (name) and if I worked in (workplace). He just wanted to drop a message and say hello. I don’t really mind people I know messaging me at all aslong as they are discrete and open with me also I’ve recognised a few people on here from working in local shops, in my year in school ect but I wouldn’t dream of messaging them and saying I know them due to the fact they might not be comfortable with it "

That’s my attitude but people in Derry have no discretion

» Add a new message to this topic