FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Why the hate

Why the hate

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why are there so many keyboard warriors and hate merchants on a site created for pleasure?

Is it jealousy, lonliness maybe mental health. Surely the numbers suggest theres more to it.

Positive vibes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandsashaCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Some people are arseholes.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"Why are there so many keyboard warriors and hate merchants on a site created for pleasure?

Is it jealousy, lonliness maybe mental health. Surely the numbers suggest theres more to it.

Positive vibes. "

id say a big aspect of it and gets ignored is frustration. alot of men view this as a free site for sex but get a shock when they sign up the hurdles that have to be jumped. it leads to alot then turning nasty/aggressive.

By *obshortMan  over a year ago

Cork

At the end of the day. There is never an excuse for being rude or aggressive to someone on here. Especially when it's someone you have never meet and only exchanged a few messages with. Come on people, we are supposed to be adults here. For feck sake.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unfortunately its part of life and part of here, I've been told to suck it up etc

But seriously it actually says more about them than you, keep your head high and enjoy fab on your terms.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I don't see much hate here really... certainly no more than on other platforms. I do see a lot of impatience, sexual frustration, and firey debate, including people of differing opinions, but that's a healthy part of life. It very very rarely gets personal.

"Some people are arseholes."

Yours is lovely

Barring a few snotty comments today from people who can't help themselves I haven't seen any hate etc

By *icklowbiguyMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

"Why are there so many keyboard warriors and hate merchants on a site created for pleasure?

Positive vibes. "

Some people just like to give a fuck when its not their turn to give a fuck, just ignore them and carry on regardless.

For the record, i am not getting any hate, i just have heard its happening a lot to others!

Most folk here are okay, although on any online forum unfortunately there will always a tiny minority of hateful trolling types who have nothing positive happening in their own lives. I've always been a passionate advocate of free speech and freedom of expression and ideas. I may disagree with someone's point of view, but will always defend their right to say it.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Positive vibes. "

Not sure if I'd use the word hate but a bit of nastiness, disagreement and a few arguments can be positive as it often brings out people's true nature and serves as a useful filter.

It could be because they're bipolar or simply to play to their audience.

Either way I'd be more wary of the too nice brigade who cause much more harm by stealth.

Positive vibes.

Not sure if I'd use the word hate but a bit of nastiness, disagreement and a few arguments can be positive as it often brings out people's true nature and serves as a useful filter.

It could be because they're bipolar or simply to play to their audience.

Either way I'd be more wary of the too nice brigade who cause much more harm by stealth. "

By *unner4funMan  over a year ago

Belfast-Coleraine

What ever excuses people choose to come up with there can be no justification for some of the messages I have seen on here, both male and female....

If someone is rude or abusive to you, do not respond or you will become part of the problem.

People take this site way to serious. If it starts to cause you problems, leave and let others enjoy what it has to offer, do not take your negativity out on someone else

Positive vibes. "

The human condition.

By *ackandsashaCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

"Some people are arseholes.

Yours is lovely "

:

Thanks

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Some people find it difficult to accept rejection and think they deserve an answer as to why

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Wankometer!

Nobody allowed on forums or direct comments to users unless Wankometer registered at least one click.

That would likely reduce the disparaging remarks considerably.

I'm off to Kickstart to see if I can get funding

By *ford dudeMan  over a year ago

County

Anonymity. Most people here would never dream of saying some of the abusive stuff they type to a person's face. Whether it's on a post or a message to someone.

It's the way of the Internet. Fabs far from the worst offender. The block button works wonders too

By *teppenwolfMan  over a year ago

Cork and Limerick

Haters gonna hate

By *on Draper2.0Man  over a year ago

Maynooth

Positive vibes. id say a big aspect of it and gets ignored is frustration. alot of men view this as a free site for sex but get a shock when they sign up the hurdles that have to be jumped. it leads to alot then turning nasty/aggressive. "

Some people can't deal with rejection. They don't understand why a complete stranger doesn't want to engage with them. Yea, sure, it can sting and hurt but how you deal with it says something about you. For myself, I've been on here ages and not found anyone who wants to do more than talk to me. It makes me sad but I'm not about to throw my toys out of the pram over it. I still talk to some really lovely women and simply block anyone who I find to be ignorant or not to my liking as a person. I might find someone, i might not, but it's all part of the journey.

"Some people find it difficult to accept rejection and think they deserve an answer as to why "

Yeah I would agree and go a little further and say they are unable to handle rejection in a constructive manner. Rejection is a positive thing if you digest it correctly, learn and move on. It's actually harder on them as the behaviour is reinforced and continued. Every rejection internalised just building up.

Some people just can't accept the word NO

No not interested thanks.

Most people are cool here but there's immature drama driven individuals in every club

Fab is no different ...

Try focus on the genuine positive people , there's some gems here

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

"Some people are arseholes."

100% love it

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I don't see much evidence of hateful comments on this site; but anonymity does bring out the worst in some people, and the most adventurousness in others.

Some trolling one hears about is horrific and is designed to damage the target, but this site seems to be monitored carefully.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Some people are arseholes.

100% love it "

Some are dickheads and cunts

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Some people just can't accept the word NO

No not interested thanks.

Most people are cool here but there's immature drama driven individuals in every club

Fab is no different ...

Try focus on the genuine positive people , there's some gems here

"

So do you consider yourself a rare and precious gemstone or are you one of those common as muck

Positive vibes. "

I am so glad you bought this up there is so much bitterness and bullying on here and people who think they own the forums. It's such a shame really but i have learned to avoid it as best i can and stay as neutral as i can possibly be.

By *on Draper2.0Man  over a year ago

Maynooth

Positive vibes.

I am so glad you bought this up there is so much bitterness and bullying on here and people who think they own the forums. It's such a shame really but i have learned to avoid it as best i can and stay as neutral as i can possibly be."

Sometimes it's so hard to stay neutral when you see someone being treated badly but I guess you're right to stay out of it. Sometimes getting involved in someone else's mess can only hurt you.

Ask me how I know lol.

» Add a new message to this topic