FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > True purpose of verifications

True purpose of verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ungry Cat OP   Couple  over a year ago

Belfast

Didn't want to hijack a different thread, so making up a new one.

Someone mentioned that social/coffee veris aren't worth anything, which made me wonder:

What veris are you looking out for?

Does it matter more who wrote the veri or what is written in it?

What do they mean to you and why?

If you are only looking for people confirming that they had sex in verifications:

Why?

Do graphic veris attract you or put you off?

Please spill the beans on pretty much everything you think that a veri should be and why do you think that way?

Curiosity got the best of me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

If I'm reading a verification it means that the person is real and turned up for someone else

As long as the person leaving it is real...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Graphic ones do nothing for me.

As for socials veri I take them with a pinch of salt now as I think we can all like or dislike different things about me, I've met people who were verified and been disappointed but also met people and been surprised. I'm sure people would say the same about me.

I have in the past judged people by their verifications but I'm trying to be more open and make up my own mind.

Belfast

Personally we are looking at veris to see if we have mutual friends.

We also gauge what kind of meets that person prefers (i.e. if all veris describe how someone meets others just for sex - we do question if it's a good match for us as we assume they would be steering things in that direction instead of letting things take its course naturally).

We personally love seeing coffee/social veris as they tend to describe what people are like in person and the fact that they show up in a first place (obviously if one shows up once doesn't mean they'll show up every time).

It also means to us that said person isn't pushy and can control themselves in a social scenario.

Play veris don't do anything to us , apart from the fact of letting us know that someone had sex with someone else. Personally we don't like telling the whole world who we slept with and don't really ask anyone else about their bedroom business either, but we do get that there's many people who love being exhibitionist and recognise that it's a mix of a turn on as well as added safety.

They all sound the same, blah , blah , blah, sometimes it's someone licking someone's arse hoping for another ride .

Sometimes it's genuine, and sometimes it's a lie.....

They really ain't that nice, or attractive or whatever.

Happy Sunday

But you have your own mind so use it

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Veris to me show someone showed up.

I don't care if someone has graphic veris if that's what they want to show then that's their thing. I personally don't give or have any that are graphic as it's not my thing.

I don't know why people out so much emphasis on veris anyhow one person's great sex is another person's meh sex.

Social veris are good to see I have no issue with someone having mostly social showing or all social at least you know the person shows up .Most of mine on display are social I think I haven't actually looked at mine in ages.

Sometimes tho I do use veris to know to avoid someone if they have met someone who I know likes the drama on here. Easier to avoid them then be dragged into that crap on here I learnt that a long time ago.

Veris are not tho the holy grail that will open the gates to unlimited meets on here,you see it all the time on here people asking to be veried because they seem to think that will be the case.

Belfast

Oh yes, Bo, you're dead right about veris not being some holy grail of endless meets.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Since i was the one who made that comment ill explain where we are coming from. We have limited time for when we do get out (and manage to get a babysitter) if the guy we are meeting (since we do look for single guys for mfms) we want to know that he has played previously with couples. We have too many fellas who have only been verified socially arranging meets then either

A ghosting us

B not showing up

C getting a message while we are already on the way saying they cant make it.

So for us when it comes to arranging meets going forward social/coffee meets verifications are basically ignored.

Thats where we stand on things anyway

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

If I was thinking about meeting someone I look at their veries to see if they are consistent with the rest of their profile and the messages we had exchanged up to that point.

90 percent of all the veries I have received in 5 years spread over 4 profiles have been social meets.

In more recent times however I look more closely at who they have met rather than what is said in their veries.

If I see a pattern where someone only meets people who are deemed popular or well known in the forums then I know they have no interest in me and just want to be able to display a new veri to suit their particular agenda.

Linking in to the friendship thread I think some people like to pretend to themselves that a verification from someone is a sign that they are besties.

I've had people actually suggest that I would be better off if I had a verification from them.

I've had private messages from people telling me how horrible someone else has been to them and a few weeks later they display a shiny new veri from that persons fb.

That has drama, fomo and a need for validation written all over it so that's a big no no straight away.

I now use verifications as another filter. If they aren't consistent with their profile or what they say in private I've no interest.

Belfast

"Since i was the one who made that comment ill explain where we are coming from. We have limited time for when we do get out (and manage to get a babysitter) if the guy we are meeting (since we do look for single guys for mfms) we want to know that he has played previously with couples. We have too many fellas who have only been verified socially arranging meets then either

A ghosting us

B not showing up

So for us when it comes to arranging meets going forward social/coffee meets verifications are basically ignored.

Thats where we stand on things anyway "

That makes perfect sense!

And I feel you 100% when it comes to single men's reliability when it comes to showing up.

Waterford

"Since i was the one who made that comment ill explain where we are coming from. We have limited time for when we do get out (and manage to get a babysitter) if the guy we are meeting (since we do look for single guys for mfms) we want to know that he has played previously with couples. We have too many fellas who have only been verified socially arranging meets then either

A ghosting us

B not showing up

That makes perfect sense!

And I feel you 100% when it comes to single men's reliability when it comes to showing up. "

Dont get me wrong there are lovely guys on the site but we really dont have time for hand holding and the guy is wiped out of his head because himself is there which has had happened and has been admitted to why they didnt show up.

By *onderingpurposeMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I have given myself some great verifications.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

A ghosting us

B not showing up

Thats where we stand on things anyway "

But that's what veris are for

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

C...they didn't send a message,they showed up

Belfast

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

C...they didn't send a message,they showed up"

Showing up for a coffee in a public place and showing up to have sex with people you never met, especially when it's a couple - another man who you don't know will be involved in it...

Two very different things. It can be scary and intimidating for people, who are not experienced in this.

By *umpkinnMan  over a year ago

Dublin

For me, depending upon the type/timing, verifications mean the person is real and is not just window shopping.

If it's detailed it might give a good clue about what the person likes and how they like it.

tipperary

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

Showing up for a coffee in a public place and showing up to have sex with people you never met, especially when it's a couple - another man who you don't know will be involved in it...

Two very different things. It can be scary and intimidating for people, who are not experienced in this. "

Yeah and that's fair,but social veris still mean the person is genuine and had shown up!!

tipperary

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

Two very different things. It can be scary and intimidating for people, who are not experienced in this. "

And if meeting a guy,do ye do a social meet first?

By *XlalaXXWoman  over a year ago

tipperary

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 14:57:20]

"Graphic ones do nothing for me.

As for socials veri I take them with a pinch of salt now as I think we can all like or dislike different things about me, I've met people who were verified and been disappointed but also met people and been surprised. I'm sure people would say the same about me.

I have in the past judged people by their verifications but I'm trying to be more open and make up my own mind.

"

I think along the same lines as you about trying to be more open about a persons previous meets.

I make my own mind up about a person as chemistry will be different with different people.

I have been on and off fab for a number of years and have yet to see a bad verification. So do they exist?

Waterford

"Graphic ones do nothing for me.

I think along the same lines as you about trying to be more open about a persons previous meets.

I make my own mind up about a person as chemistry will be different with different people.

I have been on and off fab for a number of years and have yet to see a bad verification. So do they exist?"

You can choose whether or not to display verifications so even if someone did get a bad one they arent going to display it

Belfast

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

Two very different things. It can be scary and intimidating for people, who are not experienced in this.

And if meeting a guy,do ye do a social meet first?"

We recognise that different people look for different things and everyone will be in a different scenario.

Personally we are not interested in meeting anyone to go and have sex with them right away no matter how hot they are or how many people described them as sex gods.

We are more than happy with people having social only veris.

We prefer meeting people socially and getting to know them first. And not just some random 30 min coffee. We like going out for dinner, pints, game of pool etc.

To us if someone expresses that social side is a chore - it's a no love loss situation as we clearly are looking for different things.

Us is us and what we are looking for doesn't and shouldn't define what other people are into and how they operate their own profile and what preferences they should have.

Sole purpose of this thread is to understand and appreciate different perspectives

Waterford

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

Yeah and that's fair,but social veris still mean the person is genuine and had shown up!!"

No it doesnt. It just means they showed up for a coffee.

tipperary

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

We recognise that different people look for different things and everyone will be in a different scenario.

Personally we are not interested in meeting anyone to go and have sex with them right away no matter how hot they are or how many people described them as sex gods.

We prefer meeting people socially and getting to know them first. And not just some random 30 min coffee. We like going out for dinner, pints, game of pool etc.

To us if someone expresses that social side is a chore - it's a no love loss situation as we clearly are looking for different things.

Us is us and what we are looking for doesn't and shouldn't define what other people are into and how they operate their own profile and what preferences they should have.

Sole purpose of this thread is to understand and appreciate different perspectives

"

Absolutely,each to their own,so what veris do ye look for?

tipperary

This is where I have issue with verifications , what is actually being verified?? Is it about numbers ?

Or is there any weight in what’s actually being written?

tbh it’s personality first for me

If someone can grab ur attention in a message or two I’m gonna give them the time of day regardless of what’s written on any verification. That’s just me

tipperary

Boo32 u owe me a veri lolllllllll

tipperary

"This is where I have issue with verifications , what is actually being verified?? Is it about numbers ?

If someone can grab ur attention in a message or two I’m gonna give them the time of day regardless of what’s written on any verification. That’s just me "

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 15:19:30]

"This is where I have issue with verifications , what is actually being verified?? Is it about numbers ?

If someone can grab ur attention in a message or two I’m gonna give them the time of day regardless of what’s written on any verification. That’s just me "

Belfast

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

Absolutely,each to their own,so what veris do ye look for?"

We answered that question in the very first comment of this thread

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I pay no heed to them.

All they say to me is that the person is a woman and probably within roughly 10 years of her stated age.

They don't me if she'll turn up to meet me, they don't tell me if she'll cancel before hand, they don't me if I'll be attracted to her, they don't tell me if I find her a good kisser, they don't tell me if she's good in bed, they don't tell me if she's sound and they don't tell me if she really does give a great blowjob.

I'm a big boy who is perfectly capable of deciding for myself what someone is like and if I will like them or not. I don't need someone else to tell me that she's not to be missed if the opportunity comes.

Most veris are just cringe inducing.

tipperary

A ghosting us

B not showing up

A...they didn't ghost

B...they showed up

Absolutely,each to their own,so what veris do ye look for?

We answered that question in the very first comment of this thread "

I suppose the initial benefit is verifying the profile is not bogus. In addition to site photo verification. Seen some bogus accounts in past, young lads messing, meet verification can give that extra peace of mind. Still have to rely on your own judgement too though...

"I pay no heed to them.

All they say to me is that the person is a woman and probably within roughly 10 years of her stated age.

They don't me if she'll turn up to meet me, they don't tell me if she'll cancel before hand, they don't me if I'll be attracted to her, they don't tell me if I find her a good kisser, they don't tell me if she's good in bed, they don't tell me if she's sound and they don't tell me if she really does give a great blowjob.

I'm a big boy who is perfectly capable of deciding for myself what someone is like and if I will like them or not. I don't need someone else to tell me that she's not to be missed if the opportunity comes.

Most veris are just cringe inducing. "

Most are pretty much the same great meet, great person etc which is the purpose of them.

It's the ones that say things like 'the best meet Fab has ever offered' or 'I won't go into details as she is so special...' sorta insults previous meets they had. And would put you off meeting them.

tipperary

Met lala and another very hungover lady in limerick one morning...I had the coffee they got sympathy and the offer of neurofen.....she has pestered me since then with promises of unlimited sex and that "she'll do that thing with her tongue" she has sharp wit and is very very good at saying what's on her mind...

As for me...I'm a fucking delight

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Interesting questions. I find it difficult to give a one fits all answer, to be honest.

It's not about the verifications. It's the entire way a profile has been put together. The smallest of details that some might never have thought of, like the name given to a profile, can have a conscious/subconscious effect on my decision making.

Once a profile has been thoroughly inspected, possibly Forum contributions seen, or status updates etc...

And I know I use gut instinct...

So for me, I don't look for particular verifications. I'm not overly put off by verifications either. I just don't put too much substance to a verification or lack of because at the end of the day, what is actually true, and will it also be my truth?

It's all about perspective - and let's face it, someone who's not what they depict to be they are, who's unreliable or even dangerous isn't going to display a veri to that extent.

If I feel, someone has managed to grab my interest/attention, then I'm happy to chat, exchange pics and meet socially, safely out in public and I'll make up my own mind regardless of what verifications are on this person's profile.

tipperary

If someone can grab ur attention in a message or two I’m gonna give them the time of day regardless of what’s written on any verification. That’s just me

Met lala and another very hungover lady in limerick one morning...I had the coffee they got sympathy and the offer of neurofen.....she has pestered me since then with promises of unlimited sex and that "she'll do that thing with her tongue" she has sharp wit and is very very good at saying what's on her mind...

As for me...I'm a fucking delight"

Pretty accurate there boo persistence gets u everywhere

tipperary

"Interesting questions. I find it difficult to give a one fits all answer, to be honest.

It's not about the verifications. It's the entire way a profile has been put together. The smallest of details that some might never have thought of, like the name given to a profile, can have a conscious/subconscious effect on my decision making.

Once a profile has been thoroughly inspected, possibly Forum contributions seen, or status updates etc...

And I know I use gut instinct...

So for me, I don't look for particular verifications. I'm not overly put off by verifications either. I just don't put too much substance to a verification or lack of because at the end of the day, what is actually true, and will it also be my truth?

It's all about perspective - and let's face it, someone who's not what they depict to be they are, who's unreliable or even dangerous isn't going to display a veri to that extent.

If I feel, someone has managed to grab my interest/attention, then I'm happy to chat, exchange pics and meet socially, safely out in public and I'll make up my own mind regardless of what verifications are on this person's profile.

"

I always look if they can accommodate or not dunno what that says about me ??

By *lay rock69Man  over a year ago

monaghan

Want a road trip

tipperary

"Want a road trip "

Where?

By *oredchap20Man  over a year ago

anywhere

I ask on a daily basis for coffee dates a drink or even gym, walking etc. Not so much to get or give a verification but to see how a person is. Years ago i met some absolute balloons that just arent my cup of tea and i'm sure they felt equally as unimpressed.

I much prefer meeting and even meeting again and again before a verification for anything more physical. I'd prefer peoole connected with me on a different level first.

I tend not to ask hugely verified people though as i've found this place very cliquey over the years and it a waste of time to ask more popular ladies or couples.

But for me... veris don't really mean much other than if a person is a timewaster or not maybe.

"Didn't want to hijack a different thread, so making up a new one.

Someone mentioned that social/coffee veris aren't worth anything, which made me wonder:

What veris are you looking out for?

Does it matter more who wrote the veri or what is written in it?

What do they mean to you and why?

If you are only looking for people confirming that they had sex in verifications:

Why?

Do graphic veris attract you or put you off?

Please spill the beans on pretty much everything you think that a veri should be and why do you think that way?

Curiosity got the best of me "

I read them to give me a fuller picture of the person, who and what they like. Descriptive play veris are a turn-off, one persons perfume is anothers poison.

Do people I know and trust know them? That puts me more at ease, im more likely to chat to someone who is verified by a friend, then see if we click.

Multiple consistent veris also reassure me a bit that they are real, reasonably reliable, and safe to be around.

For us veris give us a sense of a person. What they are like etc. We don't care for overly graphic sexualised veri rather keep it as classy as possible. As for who verified them yes we do look at this for our reasons.

To me I like the veris that give a sense of personality of the person. The other detail is subjective . Litres

By *igglebutt and FoamyCouple  over a year ago

Kildare, Cork

For us a verification

1) proves it is not a fake profile , although if its 1 verification from a non verified accout that's a bit suspect

2) shows the person is capable of stringing a sentence together if its a social verification

3) if there are verifications from men, women or couples it shows us who they actually meet

When profiles give each other a veri and all they both have is that one verification each we tend to ignore.

"For us a verification

1) proves it is not a fake profile , although if its 1 verification from a non verified accout that's a bit suspect

2) shows the person is capable of stringing a sentence together if its a social verification

3) if there are verifications from men, women or couples it shows us who they actually meet"

Not entirely in agreement with 2, some people can only carry on a conversation with the aid of alcohol or other psychotropics, we tend to avoid those who are feted as the life and soul of every boozy social

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

To me picture veris are a joke.

Coffee and social meet veris I find rather pointless. Surely it's not that tricky to turn up, have a coffee in public and behave. While the ones from m&g/club nights etc. always read like party stickers. But sure they might serve as selection filters now and then....

The only ones I can draw bit more information from are play veris, I don't mind if they're graphic or not.

"To me picture veris are a joke.

Coffee and social meet veris I find rather pointless. Surely it's not that tricky to turn up, have a coffee in public and behave. While the ones from m&g/club nights etc. always read like party stickers. But sure they might serve as selection filters now and then....

The only ones I can draw bit more information from are play veris, I don't mind if they're graphic or not.

"

As always, you speak common sense. Although veris can be useful to assess if someone is likely to be our type of personality, based on who they're hanging out with

Iv never seen a bad verification ( who would show a bad one ) but we can all read in between the lines

As time goes on I find I'm more likely to be put off by a verification than encouraged by one. Overtly sexually graphic ones tend to turn me a bit.

I think though as someone else said there's no one size fits all answer for us when it comes to veries - except the graphic ones! - and we use them as part of the overall picture

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I'm looking for reassurance they are gonna turn up

I wouldn’t have a whole lot of mass in them, for instance I’m convinced there’s a sock account in and around the Kildare/Dublin at the moment. They have about 4/5 accounts and are verifying one another

By *eadue stallionMan  over a year ago

N/Cashel

My first veri was a Coffee meet with a Lady here!

I tirned up on time, could hold a conversation and whem meet was over we went separate ways.

She was able to verify my profiles details also

And confirm I was as ugly as I said I was

After that I got invited to Socials etc

They do have a certain value!

» Add a new message to this topic