FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > € per kilometres

€ per kilometres

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi

I do a lot of driving for my job and the fuel prices is causing a big problem and the company won’t increase the rate.

Can anyone tell me what the rate is these days and how i could approach the boss to change his mind

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/05/22 10:28:11]

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

The official rates that you can use without tax issues are based on civil service rates and agreed with The Revenue

It all depends on the size of the engine and the rates are available online

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/employee-expenses/travel-and-subsistence/civil-service-rates.aspx

somewhere

Also you can claim a daily tax free allowance if you're away from your normal place of work

14.01 or 33.61 depending on how long you're out on the road for

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

We get 20p per mile, it doesn't cover all of our required travel, but it adds up and helps out.

The way we see it - we would be paying for fuel to get to and from work from our own pocket anyway.

My accountant told me i can’t

I used to keep recits for meal’s and he said that the revenue look at it as it’s your problem take a lunch

"We get 20p per mile, it doesn't cover all of our required travel, but it adds up and helps out.

The way we see it - we would be paying for fuel to get to and from work from our own pocket anyway. "

I know lad’s getting 18c per km and they tell me it’s not enough to cover today’s fuel costs not to mention wear and tear and extra kms on your car

One lad worked it out saying you’d want 35c/km to break even

Belfast

"My accountant told me i can’t

I used to keep recits for meal’s and he said that the revenue look at it as it’s your problem take a lunch "

To be fair in none of my employments have I ever expected my employers to pay for my lunch (especially compensate me for lunch I decided to purchase for premium price in a shop or cafe) and always seen those that do provide staff discount/odd treat voucher or serve free staff lunch just as added bonus.

Missus

"The official rates that you can use without tax issues are based on civil service rates and agreed with The Revenue

It all depends on the size of the engine and the rates are available online

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/employee-expenses/travel-and-subsistence/civil-service-rates.aspx

"

I near band 4

They could really update this band.

Belfast

"We get 20p per mile, it doesn't cover all of our required travel, but it adds up and helps out.

The way we see it - we would be paying for fuel to get to and from work from our own pocket anyway.

I know lad’s getting 18c per km and they tell me it’s not enough to cover today’s fuel costs not to mention wear and tear and extra kms on your car

One lad worked it out saying you’d want 35c/km to break even "

We also get a car payment separate to cover wear and tear and general maintenance costs.

Many take a loan on a good quality car and use that payment to just pay off that loan.

I used to keep recits for meal’s and he said that the revenue look at it as it’s your problem take a lunch

To be fair in none of my employments have I ever expected my employers to pay for my lunch (especially compensate me for lunch I decided to purchase for premium price in a shop or cafe) and always seen those that do provide staff discount/odd treat voucher or serve free staff lunch just as added bonus.

Missus "

What do you think if you’re employer ask’s you to stay overnight. Would you expect them to at least pay for your dinner???

somewhere

Bit of confusion with different revenue between the north and south

Op ....are you working for a company as a paye worker

Or are you a self employed contractor

Yes too and from work is on yourself

I’m talking about the employer sending his employees around the country and only paying 18c/km not enough

somewhere

If you're an employee check the link I sent you

All the details are there...print them out and talk to the boss

I pay full milage rates as per the list

Daily allowance for being away from the office to cover lunch and dinner on the road

Hotels are either paid by employee out of their own funds and they can claim 140 per night for the first 10 nights a year ...they used to make money on this ...

Or they can just use company credit card to pay for lunch/ dinner/hotel

Its the cost of doing business...talk to the boss

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Private businesses are under no obligation to pay any particular rate per km. Its down to how reasonable your employer is.

Travel to and from work is not normally covered. Lunch is not normally covered. If staying over night then the cost of dinner is generally covered as well as accommodation costs obviously.

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 18/05/22 10:56:01]

somewhere

Travel to and from work is not normally covered unless you're a feckin TD ....bastards

East / North, Cork

I provide company vehicles as required and use fuel cards. Its easier

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Never had a mileage allowance in any job but one employer used to put half a tank of diesel in my car if I was using it on company business. Another paid 45p per mile for one off uses of my own vehicle.

I've never seen an employer pay for lunch and I spent 25 years on the road across different companies.

None of the reps in any business I've worked for had company credit cards.

One who was based 100 miles from base had a fuel card. The others all used the on site fuel pump and if they topped up elsewhere they could claim that back.

They all had company cars and mileage was recorded and they only had to pay for fuel for personal use but no other allowances.

I've never had to stay overnight on company business so I can't answer that one.

"Bit of confusion with different revenue between the north and south

Op ....are you working for a company as a paye worker

Or are you a self employed contractor "

Self employed on a Daly rate plus €/km

Sounds fair

Belfast

Missus

What do you think if you’re employer ask’s you to stay overnight. Would you expect them to at least pay for your dinner???"

Depends where I'm staying and for what purpose.

If I ever had to travel and stay somewhere over - food was always provided, never compensated.

I've spent close to 2 years having to work pretty much overnight 3pm till 4-5am (not by choice, workload was crazy and I was on one of those 5out of 7 contracts with no real written schedule that was worth paper it was written on and no overtime pay) and never got any dinner provided or payed for except for rare occasions when events involving food were taking place.

Oh time and a half on holidays or weekends also didn't exist.

Missus

I agree

Seems to be a big problem for you and i don’t blame you

"Private businesses are under no obligation to pay any particular rate per km. Its down to how reasonable your employer is.

Travel to and from work is not normally covered. Lunch is not normally covered. If staying over night then the cost of dinner is generally covered as well as accommodation costs obviously.

"

Some employers just ain’t reasonable

"I provide company vehicles as required and use fuel cards. Its easier"

That’s fine for full time employees

What about subcontractors

Belfast

Missus

What do you think if you’re employer ask’s you to stay overnight. Would you expect them to at least pay for your dinner???

If I ever had to travel and stay somewhere over - food was always provided, never compensated.

I've spent close to 2 years having to work pretty much overnight 3pm till 4-5am (not by choice, workload was crazy and I was on one of those 5out of 7 contracts with no real written schedule that was worth paper it was written on and no overtime pay) and never got any dinner provided or payed for except for rare occasions when events involving food were taking place.

Missus "

Last Easter Monday was the first Bank Holiday I've ever had off. I've never been paid time and a half or double time for working weekends or holidays and only once got time and half in lieu for one particular weekend. Three days off for working those two days.

somewhere

Everything I posted was based on being a paye worker like a sales rep using your own car...

If you're self employed the rules are completely different

Belfast

Missus

Missus

Last Easter Monday was the first Bank Holiday I've ever had off. I've never been paid time and a half or double time for working weekends or holidays and only once got time and half in lieu for one particular weekend. Three days off for working those two days. "

Yip. Same here. Makes me laugh when I see people complain about not getting time and a half if god forbid someone asks them to cover extra shift or stay on extra hour...

Current company I work for are very good, but still would never expect them to pay me overtime if I didn't finish my own designated work in assigned time, pay for lunch or dinner or any other expenses aside from mileage, occasional parking costs and car payment.

East / North, Cork

"I provide company vehicles as required and use fuel cards. Its easier

What about subcontractors "

If you're self employed obviously you are responsible for your own costs unless you have an agreement/contract that specifies that certain costs will be reimbursed.

If you're working for an agency then they are your employer and see previous post

East / North, Cork

Salaried staff don't get extra pay for extra time worked incl potential bank holidays. Those on hourly rates are entitled to additional pay.

Belfast

"Salaried staff don't get extra pay for extra time worked incl potential bank holidays. Those on hourly rates are entitled to additional pay."

I worked for the same company group for 34 years including 22 years managing one of their subsidiaries and I was always on an hourly rate with no extra allowance for weekends or holidays.

All similar companies were offering exactly the same or less which is why I never moved.

The only salaried position I've ever had was the one that gave me time and a half in lieu.

somewhere

Huge differences across different companies

My hourly rate staff get all overtime at the correct rates and they're on the clock

Salaried staff don't get overtime as very rarely we have a tender document that runs late so we stay on

I also dont clock them in or out so time off is never an issue

If you're self employed obviously you are responsible for your own costs unless you have an agreement/contract that specifies that certain costs will be reimbursed.

If you're working for an agency then they are your employer and see previous post

"

Hi again

Thanks for your info

I have an agreement no written contract but that agreement was made 4 years ago.

My point is that the company won’t move on that agreement and fuel is gone crazy as you know.

I think they want us to just absorb it but that’s eating into the daily rate then.

I know it’s a battle I’ll have to fight myself but it’s the same battle for everyone these days and i think the people paying out should pay more attention to this problem otherwise people like me will just re edjucate and move on. And look where that’s got us shortage in all tradesmen.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Salaried staff don't get extra pay for extra time worked incl potential bank holidays. Those on hourly rates are entitled to additional pay."

I've always been paid hourly and have never gotten anything extra for working weekends or bank holidays etc.

East / North, Cork

"Salaried staff don't get extra pay for extra time worked incl potential bank holidays. Those on hourly rates are entitled to additional pay.

I've always been paid hourly and have never gotten anything extra for working weekends or bank holidays etc. "

Sorry i was unclear. You got paid your hourly rate for the extra hours you worked (at a weekend for example), but you didn't get a higher rate is that right? Personally I think it's wrong to not give a higher rate for out of hours work, but at least you were paid for your extra time.

What I meant is a salaried worker might be expected to work out of hours as required without pay for those hours, because they get a flat monthly amount.

Belfast

"Salaried staff don't get extra pay for extra time worked incl potential bank holidays. Those on hourly rates are entitled to additional pay.

I've always been paid hourly and have never gotten anything extra for working weekends or bank holidays etc.

Sorry i was unclear. You got paid your hourly rate for the extra hours you worked (at a weekend for example), but you didn't get a higher rate is that right? Personally I think it's wrong to not give a higher rate for out of hours work, but at least you were paid for your extra time.

What I meant is a salaried worker might be expected to work out of hours as required without pay for those hours, because they get a flat monthly amount."

Do you think it's fair?

East / North, Cork

For salaried workers not to get overtime? I'm not sure. I haven't worked a job by the hour since I was a teenager so I guess I'm used to it. The justification is that they are employed to fulfil a role in a business, and trusted with some responsibility, and the employer might be happy with the performance if the results achieved/exceeded expectations regardless of the hours that were necessary.

Belfast

"For salaried workers not to get overtime? I'm not sure. I haven't worked a job by the hour since I was a teenager so I guess I'm used to it. The justification is that they are employed to fulfil a role in a business, and trusted with some responsibility, and the employer might be happy with the performance if the results achieved/exceeded expectations regardless of the hours that were necessary."

Probably because I've been in certain jobs where employers were taking a piss by not hiring enough staff to fulfill all the necessary duties and just expected salaried staff in managerial positions (all workers got paid by the hour) to work 70+ hours with no extra pay or any other compensation for spent time spent completing them extra duties that were, yes within contracted duties, but the amount of those duties was not humanly possible to fulfill withing regular 8h shift, not even 10h shift, often 16h shifts weren't enough to complete them either (and I'm not talking about myself, every single middle manager and general manager aside from managing directors were in the same position).

Makes you question why the lines of legality of free Labour (rhymes with savoury act) are blurred for one position and not the other.

Missus

East / North, Cork

That's shit missus. That sounds like a failure of setting good goals. Goals should be SMART. Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely. Setting goals that can't be achieved without everyone working silly hours speaks of a very poor corporate culture and upper management. In the long run it will end up with a high staff turnover and burnout. It's very unfair on staff and not great for the business either.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Hi again

Thanks for your info

I have an agreement no written contract but that agreement was made 4 years ago.

My point is that the company won’t move on that agreement and fuel is gone crazy as you know.

I think they want us to just absorb it but that’s eating into the daily rate then.

I know it’s a battle I’ll have to fight myself but it’s the same battle for everyone these days and i think the people paying out should pay more attention to this problem otherwise people like me will just re edjucate and move on. And look where that’s got us shortage in all tradesmen. "

If your a trades man on a subcontract but its not written then tell the boss ur finished on friday that you moving to a job that pays over time milage and daily rates

There is a massive shortage of trades men there no need to be underselling your selfs I as am employer know this and within reason ill pay mind u we provide a veichle aad fuel service and maintaince but even subies using their own van will get fuel abd a service abd insurance allowance

I am in buisness to make money but not at the detirment of others theres plenty out there that will so if u employed by them take a look around theres so many goid employers around

Belfast

"For salaried workers not to get overtime? I'm not sure. I haven't worked a job by the hour since I was a teenager so I guess I'm used to it. The justification is that they are employed to fulfil a role in a business, and trusted with some responsibility, and the employer might be happy with the performance if the results achieved/exceeded expectations regardless of the hours that were necessary.

Probably because I've been in certain jobs where employers were taking a piss by not hiring enough staff to fulfill all the necessary duties and just expected salaried staff in managerial positions (all workers got paid by the hour) to work 70+ hours with no extra pay or any other compensation for spent time spent completing them extra duties that were, yes within contracted duties, but the amount of those duties was not humanly possible to fulfill withing regular 8h shift, not even 10h shift, often 16h shifts weren't enough to complete them either (and I'm not talking about myself, every single middle manager and general manager aside from managing directors were in the same position).

Makes you question why the lines of legality of free Labour (rhymes with savoury act) are blurred for one position and not the other.

Missus "

This has been my experience too but even though I was in a managerial or supervisory role I was still on an hourly rate. I was getting paid for the hours I was working but it never made sense why they insisted on paying me and a couple of others an extra 80 hours per week combined rather than employ a couple of extra staff.

That was one of the reasons I left that company. The new role after that was salaried but it was impossible to complete the fault tasks within my staff's contracted hours so they ask took it in turns to work an extra 3-4 hrs every day and as the only keyholder I was also there but not getting overtime.

I was not allowed to employ one more member of staff which would have negated the need for any overtime at all.

The reason given was that they preferred to reward the existing staff with overtime.

Belfast

"For salaried workers not to get overtime? I'm not sure. I haven't worked a job by the hour since I was a teenager so I guess I'm used to it. The justification is that they are employed to fulfil a role in a business, and trusted with some responsibility, and the employer might be happy with the performance if the results achieved/exceeded expectations regardless of the hours that were necessary.

Missus

This has been my experience too but even though I was in a managerial or supervisory role I was still on an hourly rate. I was getting paid for the hours I was working but it never made sense why they insisted on paying me and a couple of others an extra 80 hours per week combined rather than employ a couple of extra staff.

That was one of the reasons I left that company. The new role after that was salaried but it was impossible to complete the fault tasks within my staff's contracted hours so they ask took it in turns to work an extra 3-4 hrs every day and as the only keyholder I was also there but not getting overtime.

I was not allowed to employ one more member of staff which would have negated the need for any overtime at all.

The reason given was that they preferred to reward the existing staff with overtime. "

*Daily tasks

Belfast

Missus

The reason given was that they preferred to reward the existing staff with overtime. "

Makes you feel so valued doesn't it

I did end up stepping down to supervisory level on paper while still working my old role, got paid by the hour (meant I was getting almost double of my previous salary) for just over 2 years, earned a crazy amount of holidays (hourly workers got 14 minutes of paid holidays for every worked hour)... but after 2 years of recouping for all that crap company I was working for moved back out of Belfast, new company took over the tender and exactly two months later covid lockdowns hit making me essentially redundant with no furlough lol

Can't bloody win

"Hi

I do a lot of driving for my job and the fuel prices is causing a big problem and the company won’t increase the rate.

Can anyone tell me what the rate is these days and how i could approach the boss to change his mind "

Go to the revenue website and it will tell you the rate you should be getting, I get 44 cent a km for a 1.8 diesel which imo is very good, i think this is the highest rate you can get anything over a 1.6 litre engine I believe, if you are not happy with the rate you are being given just print off the page which deals with travel expenses on revenue.ie with the rate applicable to you and present it to your boss/hr department, I'm sure they won't be long sorting you out, if nothing comes out of it go to a solicitor..

East / North, Cork

"Hi

Can anyone tell me what the rate is these days and how i could approach the boss to change his mind

Go to the revenue website and it will tell you the rate you should be getting, I get 44 cent a km for a 1.8 diesel which imo is very good, i think this is the highest rate you can get anything over a 1.6 litre engine I believe, if you are not happy with the rate you are being given just print off the page which deals with travel expenses on revenue.ie with the rate applicable to you and present it to your boss/hr department, I'm sure they won't be long sorting you out, if nothing comes out of it go to a solicitor.. "

You can't force a private business to pay any expense that's not specified in a contract. You can't take legal action that you didn't get something you weren't promised.

"Hi

Go to the revenue website and it will tell you the rate you should be getting, I get 44 cent a km for a 1.8 diesel which imo is very good, i think this is the highest rate you can get anything over a 1.6 litre engine I believe, if you are not happy with the rate you are being given just print off the page which deals with travel expenses on revenue.ie with the rate applicable to you and present it to your boss/hr department, I'm sure they won't be long sorting you out, if nothing comes out of it go to a solicitor..

You can't force a private business to pay any expense that's not specified in a contract. You can't take legal action that you didn't get something you weren't promised. "

Provided it's in his contract he can, he would be a foolish man if he took a job the includes a lot of driving with no travel expenses or a rate that's too low

East / North, Cork

Milage rates arent included in employment contracts.

limerick

"Milage rates arent included in employment contracts."

They are if your expected to do milage as are the other expense incurred

East / North, Cork

"Milage rates arent included in employment contracts.

They are if your expected to do milage as are the other expense incurred"

Your contract of employment states the amount you're to be paid per mile? And that you will be repaid other expenses incurred?? I've seen (and written) quite a few employment contracts but I've never seen this. Do they issue you a new employment contract when rates change?

limerick

"Milage rates arent included in employment contracts.

They are if your expected to do milage as are the other expense incurred

Your contract of employment states the amount you're to be paid per mile? And that you will be repaid other expenses incurred?? I've seen (and written) quite a few employment contracts but I've never seen this. Do they issue you a new employment contract when rates change?"

Its being years since i had one and yes it gave hr rates, callout allowance,milage meal allowances we knew exactly we had or hadnt

somewhere

My contracts say that legitimate milage carried out in work will be paid at the agreed civil service rate as agreed with revenue

It doesn't quote the rate

East / North, Cork

"My contracts say that legitimate milage carried out in work will be paid at the agreed civil service rate as agreed with revenue

It doesn't quote the rate

"

That makes a lot of sense

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

Bloody hell, I thought I had it bad!...What sort of misers are some ye working for!?

I've a fuel card.

I get paid mileage at 50p/mile when travelling for work.

Get a company Credit Card when required for expenses on the go like parking, trains etc.

Currently in UK for work. Goes without saying flights,parking and accommodation all covered. The breakfast, lunch and dinner along with a few beers will all be getting swiped.

Trust me, I'm not some big executive type, or on big money.

The West

Bloody hell, I thought I had it bad!...What sort of misers are some ye working for!?

I've a fuel card.

Get a company Credit Card when required for expenses on the go like parking, trains etc.

Currently in UK for work. Goes without saying flights,parking and accommodation all covered. The breakfast, lunch and dinner along with a few beers will all be getting swiped.

The West

I've a fuel card.

Jobs are a lot like relationships, you tend to get the treatment you're willing to put up with. We have virtually full employment right now, there's absolutely no reason to put up with being badly treated, there's a shortage of reliable workers.

East / North, Cork

"Bloody hell, I thought I had it bad!...What sort of misers are some ye working for!?

I've a fuel card.

Trust me, I'm not some big executive type, or on big money. "

Either IT or pharma. Which one?

The West

"Jobs are a lot like relationships, you tend to get the treatment you're willing to put up with. We have virtually full employment right now, there's absolutely no reason to put up with being badly treated, there's a shortage of reliable workers. "

Absolutely this!

Even in my work place, some of the longer serving people or those there since day one, ask for and get fuck all. Most employers won't come looking to give you stuff!

As you said reliable people and also competent people are in short supply. I do my job to the best of my ability, I'm reliable and motivated. When I go looking for expenses, extras etc. I have backup.

Don't ever be afraid to pull plant either, even if you can't. Dont let anybody know you can't!!!

(Sorry, gone a bit off topic!)

"Bloody hell, I thought I had it bad!...What sort of misers are some ye working for!?

I've a fuel card.

Trust me, I'm not some big executive type, or on big money. "

We got it the 1st time

No need to rub our noses in it 3 times

Belfast

"Jobs are a lot like relationships, you tend to get the treatment you're willing to put up with. We have virtually full employment right now, there's absolutely no reason to put up with being badly treated, there's a shortage of reliable workers. "

Some people are abusing this though. Company I used to work for have employed 40 new staff since the start of the year. They have invested a fortune in training and offered flexible working hours only for almost half of them to leave as soon as they finished training and go to a company who were offering 50p ph more for trained staff without the training costs.

Exactly the same in a 4 star hotel where 2 of my kids work with a percentage of newly trained staff leaving almost immediately.

The West

"

We got it the 1st time

No need to rub our noses in it 3 times "

Wtf happened there!!

Belfast

A lot of people put up with it because they want a shiny line in their cv and even more shiny reference letter to be able to securely climb their carrier ladder.

"Jobs are a lot like relationships, you tend to get the treatment you're willing to put up with. We have virtually full employment right now, there's absolutely no reason to put up with being badly treated, there's a shortage of reliable workers.

Some people are abusing this though. Company I used to work for have employed 40 new staff since the start of the year. They have invested a fortune in training and offered flexible working hours only for almost half of them to leave as soon as they finished training and go to a company who were offering 50p ph more for trained staff without the training costs.

Exactly the same in a 4 star hotel where 2 of my kids work with a percentage of newly trained staff leaving almost immediately. "

Also true

"Jobs are a lot like relationships, you tend to get the treatment you're willing to put up with. We have virtually full employment right now, there's absolutely no reason to put up with being badly treated, there's a shortage of reliable workers.

A lot of people put up with it because they want a shiny line in their cv and even more shiny reference letter to be able to securely climb their carrier ladder. "

Then that's very much their choice.

Belfast

A lot of people put up with it because they want a shiny line in their cv and even more shiny reference letter to be able to securely climb their carrier ladder.

Then that's very much their choice. "

It sure is, but there's not much else they can do if they don't want to end up being bottom tier disposable workers all their lives.

I get. 49c per mile

I have to say a massive thank you to all who participated in my thread it’s been interesting reading.

To finish

I did ask for extra money recently for millage and i was told ok it’s not that we won’t pay you the extra we will BUT we may not call on you as often because there are others out there working for less than me.

So after that chat I taught I’d better mind my job.

Imagine that

And I’m well respected in my job. I’ve never let them down and i always do my best etc etc

somewhere

"I have to say a massive thank you to all who participated in my thread it’s been interesting reading.

To finish

I did ask for extra money recently for millage and i was told ok it’s not that we won’t pay you the extra we will BUT we may not call on you as often because there are others out there working for less than me.

Imagine that

And I’m well respected in my job. I’ve never let them down and i always do my best etc etc "

Can you do the same job for somebody else at a higher rate

To be honest you sound like an asset to any company at the moment and every company is hiring

I definitely wouldn't be afraid of calling their bluff

In my company the service I get from suppliers is more important than the price since prices are going up across the board anyway

A thanks for the confidence boost

The West

"I have to say a massive thank you to all who participated in my thread it’s been interesting reading.

To finish

Imagine that

And I’m well respected in my job. I’ve never let them down and i always do my best etc etc "

Just on a side note to the money. A friend recently shopping for insurance (commercial vehicle) was told his insurance would be more expensive if he was using vehicle for the company he worked for. His standard insurance would be void.

I.e. small pieces of equipment, tools, packages etc.

Travel Allowance doesn't just cover your fuel bill it is supposed to cover the maintenance of your vehicle the wear and tear.. Tyres, brakes servicing that kind of thing..

I dont care about the rest of ye i get 2.3l per kilometre

East / North, Cork

To finish

Imagine that

Their intention was clearly to make you act as you did. Not the best way to treat employees. I absolutely respect your decision, but I think it's a bit unfair of them to play one employee off against another. Maybe time to see what else is out there for you. Good luck.

Maybe u need to get all your colleagues together and have a chat and ask them if they are happy and do as a group. You may find they said same thing to them

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

I’m getting 38 cent a km . Working in social care

To finish

Imagine that

And I’m well respected in my job. I’ve never let them down and i always do my best etc etc

Their intention was clearly to make you act as you did. Not the best way to treat employees. I absolutely respect your decision, but I think it's a bit unfair of them to play one employee off against another. Maybe time to see what else is out there for you. Good luck."

Thanks

"Maybe u need to get all your colleagues together and have a chat and ask them if they are happy and do as a group. You may find they said same thing to them "

Taught of that one

Thanks

somewhere

"I’m getting 38 cent a km . Working in social care "

Is that for every km you do

My rates are 45 cent on first 1500km

84 cent on next 4000 km

33 cent on next 20,000km

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"Hi

Can anyone tell me what the rate is these days and how i could approach the boss to change his mind "

Ask for a fuel card or a company vehicle

» Add a new message to this topic