FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Men… body confidence

Men… body confidence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Obviously men suffer from body confidence, being overweight etc. but why is it celebrated for women(countless dove ads for example etc, portraying women’s body positivity, imagine an ad celebrating men having beer bellies !!) and yet it’s never spoken about for men ?

It’s more socially acceptable/celebrated for women to overweight than men

Don’t get me wrong I’m not having a dig at anyone I find all women regardless of shape/size attractive , I just think there’s a huge double standard there

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I know... it must be so nice for women that they aren't fat shamed like the men are.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The media treats men and women differently.

You might see more outright celebration if women's diversity now than men.

But that's a direct counter movement to the fact there was whole issues of magazines that sold on a celebrity cellulite watch and that kind of shit that never featured men.

Hi everyone has the right to feel comfortable in there body's man or woman, well Al come in different shape and sizes,for me at the moment I am on a journey to find myself again after a hard few years, my diet went out of control and weight went on,

So been in a bad relationship over weight I struggled with confidence, made a break from the relationship nearly 6 months, hit the gym now back to taekwondo training and bit of running, change my diet around,

In the last few weeks people have started to commit on my weight loss with that bring a smile to my face.i have nearly 2 stone lost and around 1 to 2 more to shift,but it in the last week or two I have really started to feel confident in myself.

So that my story and journey let's have a few more..

By *dible_KinkCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I was absolutely miserable in a loveless relationship for years and felt no need look after myself - ate too much and never exercised, and I had no body confidence whatsoever. One day I just snapped, decided to loose weight in preparation for the split, and I lost 5 stone. I now have the body I should have had my whole life and I feel fantastic for it. My confidence has gone through the roof- I'm never going to be thin, but I have absolutely no quams in taking my clothes off anymore - and taking pics which I could never have dreamed of in the past!!!

Mr.

By *hin_chillinWoman  over a year ago

secret location Cork

There has always and probably will always be double standards... but it can work both ways, a simple, albeit a slightly off topic example is when a man’s hair begins to grey general consensus is it makes him look more distinguished, whereas with women they are almost expected to dye their hair to maintain a more youthful appearance.

Women are also sexualised far more in advertising etc.

On a more basic level a women’s weight could impact on her ability to fall pregnant, whereas a man’s weight (within reason) has less of an impact on fertility.

Ultimately your body shape or size shouldn’t be relevant if you are happy and comfortable in your own skin.

Well done guys genuinely great to hear your stories/journey to weight loss it’s so easy to fall into rut and very hard to make the first steps to get fit again.

Definitely a huge double standard in media/advertising for men and women.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/22 10:12:39]

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Maybe I'm the exception but when I was 18/19 stone I was popular enough here and I never felt like I was fat shamed

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

Just had a breakfast roll

"Obviously men suffer from body confidence, being overweight etc. but why is it celebrated for women(countless dove ads for example etc, portraying women’s body positivity, imagine an ad celebrating men having beer bellies !!) and yet it’s never spoken about for men ?

It’s more socially acceptable/celebrated for women to overweight than men

Don’t get me wrong I’m not having a dig at anyone I find all women regardless of shape/size attractive , I just think there’s a huge double standard there"

As an overweight woman I can assure you there is little social acceptance and celebration, especially if you are content with the status quo. It's so subtle as well. Even on this thread.

» Add a new message to this topic