FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The sun and the big C....

The sun and the big C....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ladies this something I have wondered about so for those of you who like to sun bathe , do ye ever worry about the sun directly on the nipples, i want to do it more but worry of possibility of breast

Cancer? I know theirs skin Cancer aswell of course but i don't seem that bothered about that then, discuss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's no evidence that sun exposure causes breast cancer.

"There's no evidence that sun exposure causes breast cancer. "

I was just reading abit about it there online but there seems to be a lot of contradictions about it really. I stopped sun beds years ago when the big talks about them causing Cancer but i love lying out in it and just use oils and don't really use a high factor as I tan easy enough.

When I was in Australia a nurse who worked in a cancer ward in Townsville queensland told me something that stuck with me for life. She said a tan is a scarring of the skin and while temporary it does weaken it, increasing the risk of skin cancer. What also stuck in my mind was the people referred to as "sun hags" basically people whose over exposure to tanning had made their skin take on an almost leather look.

Skin cancer and breast cancer are two different things, I don't sunbathe really, and use very high SPF, skin cancer is very common in Irish people.

And yes, as per the post above, overexposure to the sun over years turns skin lizard-like.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I don't sun bathe, I put a very high factor on, if I wear any make up it has a spf in it.

You want a tan use a fake one don't let the sun damage your skin

If I use a high factor I don't tan as much only if I am out on it for a full day or something. I did recently find a higher oil with spf in it but i find they are not as easy to find. I don't think i am over exposing to it but maybe sometimes, i spend what ever nice days that i can but mostly about three or four hours the odd whole day.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"If I use a high factor I don't tan as much only if I am out on it for a full day or something. I did recently find a higher oil with spf in it but i find they are not as easy to find. I don't think i am over exposing to it but maybe sometimes, i spend what ever nice days that i can but mostly about three or four hours the odd whole day. "
I know 4 people who had or is still suffering from skin cancer,one person has it on there neck...

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Im afraid I'd rather be pale and healthy than risk skin cancer for a tan !

"Im afraid I'd rather be pale and healthy than risk skin cancer for a tan !"

Pale and interesting

A family memember has had to have 11 different patches removed so far. Some from her face. She wasn't a sunbather either but suncream usage is relatively new. I know as a kid I never wore any

I'm like pale which I am for eight or nine months of the year anyway lol.

"Im afraid I'd rather be pale and healthy than risk skin cancer for a tan !

Pale and interesting

A family memember has had to have 11 different patches removed so far. Some from her face. She wasn't a sunbather either but suncream usage is relatively new. I know as a kid I never wore any "

Oh no what you mean by patches? As a kid we were taught to start on a high factor and work down which I do mostly when on holidays.

"Im afraid I'd rather be pale and healthy than risk skin cancer for a tan !

Pale and interesting

A family memember has had to have 11 different patches removed so far. Some from her face. She wasn't a sunbather either but suncream usage is relatively new. I know as a kid I never wore any

Oh no what you mean by patches? As a kid we were taught to start on a high factor and work down which I do mostly when on holidays."

So luckily the patches have been small as in around the size of a 2 euro coin for the biggest, they cut them out so left with scars but not cancer. Some on face, some on back and neck

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It's like with many things, it's about moderation. Overexposure increases the risk of damaging your skin and the possibility of getting skin cancer. There's no exact guidelines but the fairer your skin (especially ginger and strawberry blonde likes) the lesser exposure of direct sun even when using sun cream with a very high sun spf.

I do tan too despite being blonde but it takes a fair while ie 2 weeks sun holiday. I'd never sun bathe more than an hour and only with sun cream of high spf, I wouldn't do a whole afternoon or even day.

Sun cream 'Daylong' is absolutely brilliant, wouldn't use anything else.

By *amson4DelilahCouple  over a year ago

ballina

Pale & healthy isn't always true either. PALE & DEPRESSED, PALE WITH BRoKEM BONES, PALE WITH AuTOIMMUNE DISEASES... THE LIST GOES ON.. vitamin D is vital & the best way to get it is thrugh the skin. Being carful of the type of suncream you use is important so you are not causing more harm with toxic chemicals by slathering in sun cream. There are safer alternatives, Google them & also use clothes to cover up if your going to be out for a while. If nothing else your liver will thank you

"If I use a high factor I don't tan as much only if I am out on it for a full day or something. I did recently find a higher oil with spf in it but i find they are not as easy to find. I don't think i am over exposing to it but maybe sometimes, i spend what ever nice days that i can but mostly about three or four hours the odd whole day. I know 4 people who had or is still suffering from skin cancer,one person has it on there neck... "

Skin cancer is the most common cancer in Ireland now

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"When I was in Australia a nurse who worked in a cancer ward in Townsville queensland told me something that stuck with me for life. She said a tan is a scarring of the skin and while temporary it does weaken it, increasing the risk of skin cancer. What also stuck in my mind was the people referred to as "sun hags" basically people whose over exposure to tanning had made their skin take on an almost leather look. "

I was told the same thing when I lived in Mexico and the States.

Okay after a deep analysis i don't think my skin is quite like leather yet lol. But i a definitely gonna try me morr conscious about the kind sun protection i use going forward. Otherwise i will apparently turn into a lizard of some sorts. Lol

» Add a new message to this topic