FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Socials/ MnG

Socials/ MnG

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So over the years I've been to a few and chatting to a few people lately about different things that are done at them, what do you like or dislike about them? What would make them better? Games or activities, treat it like a speed dating night

Or do you reckon a good dj and let people just chill out and mingle ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally I hate forced fun i.e. party games so good DJ and just let everyone chill is perfect

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Two socials come to mind that did something different and helped make the evening

Indian Restaurant social where we all had to sit at a table picked by picking out a number from a bowl.

After each course we had to move tables by picking another number and this enabled everyone to meet and chat to more people than normal instead of just sitting beside people we knew

Last night Gatsby social had 2 blackjack tables and a roulette wheel

Really good fun and got chatting to a lot of people while playing with the imaginary funds

[Removed by poster at 17/07/22 18:14:48]

"Two socials come to mind that did something different and helped make the evening

Indian Restaurant social where we all had to sit at a table picked by picking out a number from a bowl.

After each course we had to move tables by picking another number and this enabled everyone to meet and chat to more people than normal instead of just sitting beside people we knew

Really good fun and got chatting to a lot of people while playing with the imaginary funds

"

The social in the Indian was a great night,

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Couple of things I've noticed at socials that can be off-putting especially for newbies.

Large tables where it is impossible to have a conversation with more than one person, difficult to navigate between them if you are inclined to mingle and extremely daunting having to approach an entire table.

The other issue are DJ's who have no ear for the room which means unless you are fluent in sign language there's fuck all chance you'll be having any sort of conversation.

It's not a nightclub, it's a meet and greet so the venue and the volume need to encourage rather than hinder both.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Name tags I never remember who I chatted to mind u if ur name is pussy hunter or cockslut it may be a tad embarrasing in a pub or shared venue

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

I’m with RB - they are my two main bugbears at MNGs.

I love when it’s all small tables and loads of chairs and not everyone has to move to let someone sit beside someone else.

I also love when the music isn’t so loud that you have to yell but that it’s easy to sing along when it’s a good tune.

I’ve been to two and both were good, with both venues having quieter spots to chat. One did a raffle for an important cause which I thought was a really good idea.

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

I went to one in Portlaoise last Friday night great crowd lot's of room to chat and the music

was brilliant to dance to and still hear who's talking sitting across from ye....

"I went to one in Portlaoise last Friday night great crowd lot's of room to chat and the music

was brilliant to dance to and still hear who's talking sitting across from ye.... "

Gutted I missed that one

"I went to one in Portlaoise last Friday night great crowd lot's of room to chat and the music

was brilliant to dance to and still hear who's talking sitting across from ye....

Gutted I missed that one "

Brilliant night such a fantastic crowd and hosts

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"Name tags I never remember who I chatted to mind u if ur name is pussy hunter or cockslut it may be a tad embarrasing in a pub or shared venue "
I remember one social whete name tags was worn

By *rank7737Man  over a year ago

"Two socials come to mind that did something different and helped make the evening

"

That restaurant idea sounds really fantastic and moving tables after every course and getting chatting to everyone is brilliant.

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

Gutted I missed that one "

We missed you too xx

Not to worry we will keep u a seat at the next one xxx

Casa Del PURRRR!!

was brilliant to dance to and still hear who's talking sitting across from ye.... "

Thanks lolly..it turned out to be just that a great night

See you at our next one hopefully soon

By *uscious LollyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I've only been to 1, small group of people. Really enjoyed it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have been to a few meet and greets and do prefer smaller groups where everyone can chat and get to know each other. Been to another where it was more of a disco which was a good night but found it harder to mingle with people

By *uscious LollyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I can be quite shy at first

By *inion42Man  over a year ago

minionland

I have been to 2, one was a large gathering and the other was quite small.

The large event was grand, however as I tend to be kinda shy and it was my first event, it was quite overwhelming., there was some great music though which was great and you had spots to chat etc.

The second one was much smaller and I really chatted and connected with the people there.

So in essence an activity is key

By *rinibooWoman  over a year ago

clare

I have been to a few socials . I agree about music being a little loud and your trying to have a conversation it’s hard . I was at last nights social in mayo it was great it was something completely different the theme and the game tables at the start . Another great social I was at recently was the camping it was so relaxed and everyone seemed to mix well. I agree about smaller tables and not too spaced out as it can be hard on singles to join a big table of people

By *tslife222Man  over a year ago

by the sea louth

"

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Agree with RB about massive tables and music volume.

Also from our own perspective:

A few party games - breaks up the night and are a great conversation starter.

Hosting - actively chatting to all guests and introducing people who seem compatible.

Making memories - people spend a lot of money and effort to look the part, it's good to have a place where they can take a nice selfie (obviously of themselves).

Charity - swinging is all about sharing. It's nice to be nice.

"Agree with RB about massive tables and music volume.

Also from our own perspective:

A few party games - breaks up the night and are a great conversation starter.

Hosting - actively chatting to all guests and introducing people who seem compatible.

Making memories - people spend a lot of money and effort to look the part, it's good to have a place where they can take a nice selfie (obviously of themselves).

Charity - swinging is all about sharing. It's nice to be nice.

"

As someone who has attended all of yours (I think) I ca attest they definitely are a great night

By *ensualnFunCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

I agree with RB… the loud music is really a problem when you can’t speak to more than one person at a time and even then you need to shout in their ears! It’s frustrating and a little off putting

Casa Del PURRRR!!

[Removed by poster at 17/07/22 22:59:43]

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"I agree with RB… the loud music is really a problem when you can’t speak to more than one person at a time and even then you need to shout in their ears! It’s frustrating and a little off putting"

Totally agree!

My ears were ringing for days after one particular social, and I literally gave up chatting coz it’s never a good look shouting into someone’s ear

Thanks lolly..it turned out to be just that a great night

See you at our next one hopefully soon "

Most definitely wouldn't miss it

By *iscreetkiMan  over a year ago

Mullingar

Never been to. Social or club

My ex partner wasn’t into the idea and single lads get it hard to get invites

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Seriously considering printing cards with our profile name and QR code to hand out. Often we meet people at socials and can't remember their name afterwards.

Agree with RB on the loud music and large tables. A very small number of tables and chairs is best imo.

Quite like the idea of speed dating as well

Loving all the feedback

By *ensualnFunCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"Seriously considering printing cards with our profile name and QR code to hand out. Often we meet people at socials and can't remember their name afterwards.

Agree with RB on the loud music and large tables. A very small number of tables and chairs is best imo.

Quite like the idea of speed dating as well "

QR codes lol that’s an idea !

Speed dating type social that sounds interesting !

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Weve only been to one (heading for another in august) we didnt know what to expect really. I did notice that a lot was seperated into groups so we just kind grabbed a seat over in the corner. Didnt really chat to many people so will see what the next one brings

» Add a new message to this topic