FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How long should a social meet last

How long should a social meet last

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornywife20 OP   Couple  over a year ago

North Cork

How long should you spend on a social before you ask if they are interested in taking it to the bedroom

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Its only happened once before that a social meet has gone straight to bed same day, with me it's a social meet first and then we organise a play meet for another time when time suits us both..

North Cork

"Its only happened once before that a social meet has gone straight to bed same day, with me it's a social meet first and then we organise a play meet for another time when time suits us both.. "

We have done both too it depends on how everyone feels we often said oh its just a social and ended up with an amazing play.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"How long should you spend on a social before you ask if they are interested in taking it to the bedroom "

Anywhere between 5 seconds and well, how long have you got...?

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule really. It always depends on the vibes, doesn't it?

I've always found it pretty obvious if someone wanted to take it further...whereas after a social which may have felt like it went well, suddenly brings on a deadly silence .

I find it's more difficult to find compatibility with others as part of a couple because attraction has to be there for all parties involved... certainly for us - I understand that other couples have their own rules and boundaries.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It's personal choice. Based on previous experience for me a social is a social regardless of chemistry and will never go beyond that.

As lolly said, if there is a connection I'll arrange to meet again but that doesn't suit everyone.

For some a couple of socials isn't enough and for others 10 mins could be all it takes.

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

I’ve had 4 hour long socials and I’ve had 20 minute socials…both have their place and most were great!

Then again, I think a social between two single people is different to a social between a couple and a third person.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't think there's a prescribed time, I've had social meets that have last 4 hours also had one where the guy didn't have a coffee he just left lol

I'm useless at making a move or suggesting meeting up again, even asking for a kiss on a social.

The few socials I've had where we have met again was always at some other time

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

It depends on som many factors: if the profile pics were bogus, just one second as steps are retraced.

If you really hit it off, favourably and instantly, ideally until the next mid-morning!

Laying the groundwork beforehand is essential!

By *usbyXXXMan  over a year ago

County Waterford

"How long should you spend on a social before you ask if they are interested in taking it to the bedroom "

Chance would a fine thing

How long is a piece of string OP? It's whatever suits both parties at the end of the day.

By *eart-shaped-foxMan  over a year ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

You get a vibe pretty quickly, a 2hr social can feel like 20 mins with good craic and a laugh . A 20min coffee can feel like 2hours when there's no real craic. Soundness is key

By *tslife222Man  over a year ago

by the sea louth

Hopefully you’ll get a feeling there’s an attraction in the 1st 5- 10 mins.

If so, a social can last as long as you both want it too.

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

All depends.... if you've had the banter online then 15-20 minutes because the attraction for a playdate is fairly instant...

I did have a couple of social meets where the bedroom was booked but subject to compatibility.... 15-20 was all that was required

Mostly i would have had the social first on a separate date though

I have went for a social to end up in the bedroom and than had the social afterwards kinda backways

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

There's no set length I'd have thought

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

If it's dragging on then something is going wrong methinks

Yes have to agree its hard to call....we have had socials that led to the bedroom a few hours later, had ones that have been several coffee and dinner meets but nothing happened and also had a few that have led to second playdate meets....haven't help at all with thst answer have I....covered all the bases lmao

By *ccasional couple 32Couple  over a year ago

mayo

As soon as you feel like it’s the question you want to ask , no point wasting time talking when there’s better things you can using your mouth for !

59 seconds

By *inaandterryCouple  over a year ago

Westmeath

Socials are in essence a night out or meet up. Unless there is amazing chemistry or we have met before, as a rule we dont play. But its been broken a few times and sometimes wished it had been broken. As most have said its a personal choice for everyone.

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Dublin/Birmingham

No set time really. Depends on the circumstances - sometimes I'll have a couple of hours free from work and fit one in and with travel time might only have an hour free before having to get back to it.

Other times I'll have a half or fully free day and there's no rush.

But I'll always give a heads up that I've to head off by a certain time if that's the case - I'd be conscious it might sound like an excuse to leave early if not. Generally any socials have been 1-2 hours... and I will add thst anyone I've had a social with has been dead sound and they've all been really enjoyable too. You don't feel the time flying.

"No set time really. Depends on the circumstances - sometimes I'll have a couple of hours free from work and fit one in and with travel time might only have an hour free before having to get back to it.

Other times I'll have a half or fully free day and there's no rush.

But I'll always give a heads up that I've to head off by a certain time if that's the case - I'd be conscious it might sound like an excuse to leave early if not. Generally any socials have been 1-2 hours... and I will add thst anyone I've had a social with has been dead sound and they've all been really enjoyable too. You don't feel the time flying."

Ours definitely was a while

North Cork

"You get a vibe pretty quickly, a 2hr social can feel like 20 mins with good craic and a laugh . A 20min coffee can feel like 2hours when there's no real craic. Soundness is key

That is so true have experiencedboth recently"

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

I once chatted to a lady in irish chat room on and off over three years we were good friends then she offered a social as wd being chatting so long and that we were friends so to speak knowing it was going no where. We met for coffee within five mins the sparkle in her eye had me hooked and ten mins later we she kissed me and asked are we going for dinner or booking a room we ate well that night and went home hungry for more

Spent six hrs one day in a coffee shop(upstairs in a quiet corner ordered coffee every hr ate lunch) with a fab friend chatting and laughing dont think i slept for three days,after that one wired is the word id use

By *un on fabMan  over a year ago

Mallow

When you know, you know. xXx

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

I’ve skipped socials completely twice and both men became significant lovers. One social went straight back to mine, like within 20mins.

They were exceptional circumstances and exceptional men.

The length of a social shouldn’t be significant but I’ve found it can be. If a second coffee js considered then there is an obvious click. If there’s lunch, yep, most likely there’ll be a shag pretty soon after. Sometimes I just don’t want to stop chatting?

The most profound was coffee on a Tuesday, a second coffee cos we were chatting so much, then text and video chats all Wednesday and met privately on Thursday morning.

I have my first social meet this coming Monday and really looking forward to it and I guess i will find the answer then.

By *asputinMan  over a year ago

Tower

Dont think theres any hard fast rule ,if theres chemistry and the location and time is right it can be instant

"Dont think theres any hard fast rule ,if theres chemistry and the location and time is right it can be instant"

Totally. If it feels right just run with it. Old saying "Catch the bus while its running"

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

The optimal length is 42m and 21 seconds

Until you wear em down

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The shorter, the better or even better none. Plenty of time to talk between rounds.

Had socials that after the first 5 mins I'd have sworn it was a lifetime and other that I didn't notice how long it went.

The didn't notice is always better imo

By *ocktailsdreamsMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

How longs a piece of string.

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

Exactly could be half an hr or couple of hrs or an allnighter depends on what's talked about and arranged... sometimes spontaneous does it for me after a social may not be for the next person though...different strokes for different folks..

Cj xx

» Add a new message to this topic