FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Speeding on roads...

Speeding on roads...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I see there's alot of new speed vans out around the place. So tell me what's the the worst thing for you in regards this. For me it's when you're driving along sticking to the limit religious 50/60 then everyone is going outrageous speeds passing you out lol. Dicuss your pet hates in relation to this topic.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Stuck behind someone doing 70 in a 100 zone and then when you come into a town they still keep doing 70

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fast lane drivers policing the lane sticking to the limit, motherf#$kers drive me crazy , #getoutofthelane .... It's a passing lane !!!!!!

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"Fast lane drivers policing the lane sticking to the limit, motherf#$kers drive me crazy , #getoutofthelane .... It's a passing lane !!!!!! "

Maybe not wanting to get a fine a points for speeding....

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Drivers with southern VRN plates who hog the outside overtaking lane, when they come of the border.

Frankly, the overall quality of driving is evidentially significantly lower than in the north; the rates if driving related deaths, serious injuries and accidents is statistically higher.

Southern drivers carry out much riskier and more dangerous manoeuvers, such as overtaking on blind corners, driving at speeds unsuited to road conditions and overtaking long lines of traffic.

The driving skills of very young drivers is evidenced by the number of single driver accidents where the youthful driver is killed.

The situation will improve, but gradually over the next decade.

By *OCONO5Couple  over a year ago

Sensual Center

Passing out slow drivers on any roads who speed up as you try pass them

By *teppenwolfMan  over a year ago

Cork and Limerick

"Fast lane drivers policing the lane sticking to the limit, motherf#$kers drive me crazy , #getoutofthelane .... It's a passing lane !!!!!! "

No such thing as a fast lane.....its an overtaking lane

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

I was stuck behind a slow driver for 15 km yesterday, driving at 40km. He slowed down going up hills, braked at every bend, while conducting an animated conversation with his passenger. Frustrating

By *lassycpl22Couple  over a year ago

Cork

[Removed by poster at 24/07/22 09:28:43]

By *lassycpl22Couple  over a year ago

Cork

Got to be for me people doing 50/60 km along safe roads and all of a sudden they see a straight bit of road they speed up just to make sure you can get past. Drives me nuts.

[Removed by poster at 24/07/22 09:34:46]

Regardless of it being a passing lane you shouldn’t break the speed limit even if you’re over taking. I break the limit too when I over take but it’s a bit dumb to get annoyed at somebody for doing nothing wrong haha

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

People doing 80kph on The M50

People staying in the middle lane on any motorway

Drivers that refuse to move over to the hard shoulder on a decent stretch of road so that you can't overtake safely

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

People who pull over on hardshoulder to let drivers pass. Very dangerous practice. I remember a accident few yes ago when a lorry did it and ploughed into a parked car on hardshoulder.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Idiots driving with an 80km on a boreen where two cars cannot even cross. Absolutely insane.

I'm aware those roads have an assigned speed limit of 80km - assigned by some civil servant on his/her desk without taking the road layout into consideration.

Go mall on boreens!

By *icole FanningTV/TS  over a year ago

Navan

People driving up your hole when you’re in the outside lane (doing the max speed) … flashing away for you to pull over & when you do, they immediately take the next exit slip road.

"Drivers with southern VRN plates who hog the outside overtaking lane, when they come of the border.

Frankly, the overall quality of driving is evidentially significantly lower than in the north; the rates if driving related deaths, serious injuries and accidents is statistically higher.

Southern drivers carry out much riskier and more dangerous manoeuvers, such as overtaking on blind corners, driving at speeds unsuited to road conditions and overtaking long lines of traffic.

The driving skills of very young drivers is evidenced by the number of single driver accidents where the youthful driver is killed.

"

Absolute rubbish if I've ever heard it I've driven North of the border and I find I'm not even given a chance to overtake when I have some arsehole on top of me flashing lights, an overtaking lane is for overtaking and overtaking takes time if the manouver is to be performed correctly, something people in the 6 counties cannot seem to fathom and to mention spending I drive the M1 from the border to Dublin most days and virtually every speeding vehicle has a yellow reg and I'm not talking about speeding I'm talking about driving as fast as the car will allow them, I drive at 110kmph... The speed limit is 120,,every minute I'm left sitting almost as if I'm standing still by a northern / UK reg, they have zero respect for our speed limits and the sooner we get those average speed cameras like the ones in Scotland the better to sort out smart alecs from the 6 counties who think public roads are a racetrack

"Fast lane drivers policing the lane sticking to the limit, motherf#$kers drive me crazy , #getoutofthelane .... It's a passing lane !!!!!!

Regardless of it being a passing lane you shouldn’t break the speed limit even if you’re over taking. I break the limit too when I over take but it’s a bit dumb to get annoyed at somebody for doing nothing wrong haha"

The are going wrong if breaking the limit overtaking which is the same limit for both lanes, i think that's what he is getting at. So both lanes are 60km and the others are going 100km plus in the overtaking lane.

By *clcCouple  over a year ago

Athlone/Dublin

What is best excuse to use to get off speeding if you are stopped by a Garda

"What is best excuse to use to get off speeding if you are stopped by a Garda"

I am on the way to play with your friend he's waiting. Lol

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"What is best excuse to use to get off speeding if you are stopped by a Garda"

Tell him your name is Carla

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"What is best excuse to use to get off speeding if you are stopped by a Garda

Tell him your name is Carla "

"What is best excuse to use to get off speeding if you are stopped by a Garda

Tell him your name is Carla "

Lol

I am waiting for the perfect excuse.

By *indenMan  over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"Idiots driving with an 80km on a boreen where two cars cannot even cross. Absolutely insane.

I'm aware those roads have an assigned speed limit of 80km - assigned by some civil servant on his/her desk without taking the road layout into consideration.

Go mall on boreens! "

People think the 80km is a target…..

By *ot neuteredMan  over a year ago

Kildare

For me its lane hogging and stopping at roundabouts, even though there is no other car in sight.

If stopped for speeding,just tell the Garda your on the way to Centra for a chicken roll, they will understand fully

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

I (Dirk) always have this bad habit when I cross the border into the South. I tend to just floor it after the border crossing until I get to where I'm going. I see 120km/h and I treat it as 120miles/h.

Although on my last trip I was saved from the guards twice as I got stuck behind someone in the outside lane doing 120km/h. He obviously knew where they where sitting. Although with the price of fuel too now I can no longer afford to sit at 180km/h

By *lytrucker32Man  over a year ago

Killeagh

I have seen many many crazy things, couldn't begin to list them all. Most recently the cannon run, waterford to dungarvan Road.....insane speeds and insanely dangerous overtakes against oncoming traffic

Watch out today 61 new speed cameras around the country clock from today i think there's list up online.

"I have seen many many crazy things, couldn't begin to list them all. Most recently the cannon run, waterford to dungarvan Road.....insane speeds and insanely dangerous overtakes against oncoming traffic "

There's one going on that road.

Middle lane drivers…..aaaggghhhhhrrrrhhhh!!!

Inconsistent speeds on back roads, hard braking for every slight bend and every time a car passes the opposite direction then accelerating away when they notice you close i their rear view!

By *andR2019Couple  over a year ago

Nunya

"Drivers with southern VRN plates who hog the outside overtaking lane, when they come of the border.

"

As a neutral from Scotland, I do get the point your making. However I think standards in general are just worse, I passed my test and built up my experience back home and though the driving level here was bad when I came over but it’s slipping back home too.

Women drivers. Surprised I am the first to say

Nunya

Absolute rubbish if I've ever heard it I've driven North of the border and I find I'm not even given a chance to overtake when I have some arsehole on top of me flashing lights, an overtaking lane is for overtaking and overtaking takes time if the manouver is to be performed correctly, something people in the 6 counties cannot seem to fathom and to mention spending I drive the M1 from the border to Dublin most days and virtually every speeding vehicle has a yellow reg and I'm not talking about speeding I'm talking about driving as fast as the car will allow them, I drive at 110kmph... The speed limit is 120,,every minute I'm left sitting almost as if I'm standing still by a northern / UK reg, they have zero respect for our speed limits and the sooner we get those average speed cameras like the ones in Scotland the better to sort out smart alecs from the 6 counties who think public roads are a racetrack "

Everyone is Scotland hates them as they cannot speed. Everytime we go home I easily see plenty spending on through them, I guess it’s a case of it will deter the majority.

Nunya

"Middle lane drivers…..aaaggghhhhhrrrrhhhh!!!

Inconsistent speeds on back roads, hard braking for every slight bend and every time a car passes the opposite direction then accelerating away when they notice you close i their rear view! "

I agree with the braking when people pass them, I don’t get why you would. The speeding up part is most likely ensuring they create a two second/length gap between you and them for their safety if your right behind them.

"Women drivers. Surprised I am the first to say "

First to be sexist, boy drivers lol

"Women drivers. Surprised I am the first to say

First to be sexist, boy drivers lol "

Touchee!

By *umpkinnMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Apart from the middle lane hoggers.

The worst type of motorway driver will do 120 consistently in the left lane for ages, but as soon as they have to overtake a truck, they will slow down to 100. Then speed up again after passing.

WHY?

Difficult to speed on mud trscks so roads are probably your best bets

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The crucial statistical evidence of appalling driving standards, south if the border, is the high number of single vehicle accidents very late at night usually involving the death of a single occupant or a young driver and passenger.

The persons I feel for are the parents who receive devastating news from the Gardai into middle of the night.

Those parents' lives are destroyed forever; and it cannot be an easy task for the Gardai.

The solution: rigorous driver training, a stringent test, and a nightly driving curfew for the first two years after passing the driving test.

By *oxy_xxxWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

When you try overtake someone and they speed up and don't let you overtake!!

Driving lessons should be taught in our schools, first car should be nothing bigger than a 1.2 engine , the speed limits on roads should be adjust to the actual road layout etc not whether its local, national or regional,

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

Unfortunately a number of single car/single occupant fatalities are young drivers, usually male, taking their own lives. I am from a small town and I can think of 3 accidents here over the years where this was the case.

"Unfortunately a number of single car/single occupant fatalities are young drivers, usually male, taking their own lives. I am from a small town and I can think of 3 accidents here over the years where this was the case. "

Exactly. I do not know how but they should not be included in the statistics as "accidents" because sadly they are anything but.

"When you try overtake someone and they speed up and don't let you overtake!! "

Lol the boy drivers

I think there should be more zone signs in certain areas because i have often been driving along looking for signs thinking what zone is this. They change one into the other so quickly sometimes aswell and sometimes it's kind of a case of why is this changing especially on main link roads.

"The crucial statistical evidence of appalling driving standards, south if the border, is the high number of single vehicle accidents very late at night usually involving the death of a single occupant or a young driver and passenger.

The persons I feel for are the parents who receive devastating news from the Gardai into middle of the night.

Those parents' lives are destroyed forever; and it cannot be an easy task for the Gardai.

The solution: rigorous driver training, a stringent test, and a nightly driving curfew for the first two years after passing the driving test."

Can you provide evidence to back up these statistics, perhaps a link or is this just hyperbole??

By *ermbiMan  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

"Driving lessons should be taught in our schools, first car should be nothing bigger than a 1.2 engine , the speed limits on roads should be adjust to the actual road layout etc not whether its local, national or regional,"

Don't agree that schools should provide driving lessons. Schools are not the fix for everything in this country.

By *ermbiMan  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

Frustrated by Southern drivers driving slowly looking around them instead of the road ahead. They have sn awful habit of slowing down and indicating so you can pass. Sometimes this happens on a bend.

Southern drivers overtaking on the worst spot possible.

By *exesrangerMan  over a year ago

tralee

"Stuck behind someone doing 70 in a 100 zone and then when you come into a town they still keep doing 70"

This ,I do be screaming

» Add a new message to this topic