FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Finding Your Tribe

Finding Your Tribe

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inion42 OP   Man  over a year ago

minionland

As I had an maxing weekend with people I connect with through a shared interest and it’s not what you think, it’s very nerdy, those on here who know me, know what it is, and it is.

Anyway here’s the real feather tickler, I ended up in a hostelry meeting a group of people I have never and we connected on so many levels, they accepted me for who I was and my personality.

So there was a previous post about body confidence, sadly so many now think with the visual and not mental or emotional connection.

We are just a shell, and it’s the intellect and spark that connects us, the real tickler is the kind, but maybe I’m just old and past the hill

Passion is contagious whether it be music, art or drama, however the colour red and stockings work for me.

And for someone whose well over a the hill

Compare and Contrast

Points will be awarded as per leaving cert marking lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't have a tribe, just disparate individuals who appeal to me, generally what they will have in common is honesty, compassion and an absence of bullshit plus a sense of humour about the ironies of life and the ridiculousness of it all

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

My tribe are all individuals with very different interests who just happen to overlap now and again.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"As I had an maxing weekend with people I connect with through a shared interest and it’s not what you think, it’s very nerdy, those on here who know me, know what it is (snip)"

Hmmm... it was either a D&D marathon session, or you finally found a fortnite clan who would accept you

By *inaandterryCouple  over a year ago

Westmeath

Absence makes the heart grow stronger. My tribe are a bunch of lunatics who can handle my lack of filter and dirty mind. They revel in my honesty and embrace my candid attitude towards the world we exist in. Also take me in small doses as the truth is not always recommended and thats what you get when in my company. Note if want to laugh and have fun our tribe is always looking for new members

[Removed by poster at 25/07/22 10:10:39]

Tribalism....meh

I get the joy of sharing a strong passion for a common interest. But that can happen with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of interests.

As soon as you start thinking "these are my people" that's when the trouble starts IMO

I have a wide variety of interests and friends of all walks of life in high places and low places with all different kinds lifestyle. What connection depends on alot of things really interests yes but chemistry and pyscological is what i like most and just respect oh some intelligent helps. I am not sure if i call it tribe or click i just think of it as society and connection, take what works and leave what doesn't.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

I'm a hermit, I don't need or want a tribe

"Tribalism....meh

I get the joy of sharing a strong passion for a common interest. But that can happen with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of interests.

As soon as you start thinking "these are my people" that's when the trouble starts IMO"

Tribalism is the root of many evils

"As I had an maxing weekend with people I connect with through a shared interest and it’s not what you think, it’s very nerdy, those on here who know me, know what it is, and it is.

Anyway here’s the real feather tickler, I ended up in a hostelry meeting a group of people I have never and we connected on so many levels, they accepted me for who I was and my personality.

So there was a previous post about body confidence, sadly so many now think with the visual and not mental or emotional connection.

We are just a shell, and it’s the intellect and spark that connects us, the real tickler is the kind, but maybe I’m just old and past the hill

Passion is contagious whether it be music, art or drama, however the colour red and stockings work for me.

Compare and Contrast

"

What a fantastic experience to have

They wont all be your people in the long term but it certainly seems like you've found a place where you feel safe and can really grow. Thats brilliant.

"Tribalism....meh

As soon as you start thinking "these are my people" that's when the trouble starts IMO

Tribalism is the root of many evils"

Your the root of many evils

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

You're the root of all evil with your "your" rather than your "you're"

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

You lost me at “old”and “over the hill “

I’m neither and I’m older than you

"As I had an maxing weekend with people I connect with through a shared interest and it’s not what you think, it’s very nerdy, those on here who know me, know what it is, and it is.

Compare and Contrast

"

I think that’s really cool that you have found a collective of people that you can really get along with.

Strong social and supports networks are key to healthy life.

By *mmmm300Woman  over a year ago

cork

Compare and Contrast

"

I'm offended at the well over the hill but. Lol but what you say is so true, I have yet to find my tribe, but they are out there missing me dreadfully

Dublin

Compare and Contrast

I'm offended at the well over the hill but. Lol but what you say is so true, I have yet to find my tribe, but they are out there missing me dreadfully "

That comment has come up a couple of times - the way I'm interpreting it, he's referring to himself

cork

Compare and Contrast

I'm offended at the well over the hill but. Lol but what you say is so true, I have yet to find my tribe, but they are out there missing me dreadfully

That comment has come up a couple of times - the way I'm interpreting it, he's referring to himself "

I'm not really offended, I don't get offended, a poor attempt at humour. But 46 is far from over the hill.

Dublin

"

That comment has come up a couple of times - the way I'm interpreting it, he's referring to himself

I'm not really offended, I don't get offended, a poor attempt at humour. But 46 is far from over the hill. "

Sorry, that was lost on me...A matter of interpretation - my children tell me regularly that I'm ancient

cork

"

I'm not really offended, I don't get offended, a poor attempt at humour. But 46 is far from over the hill.

Sorry, that was lost on me...A matter of interpretation - my children tell me regularly that I'm ancient "

Don't mind them, you are only a young one, cheeky pups

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"As I had an maxing weekend with people I connect with through a shared interest and it’s not what you think, it’s very nerdy, those on here who know me, know what it is (snip)

Hmmm... it was either a D&D marathon session, or you finally found a fortnite clan who would accept you "

Nah, it was a 40k Warhammer rules explaining session that went on for 18 hours...

22 yrs in Ireland, haven't managed to scrounge up T from a tribe.

I must have poo on my face or something...

» Add a new message to this topic