FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > BACK TO SCHOO TIMEL...

BACK TO SCHOO TIMEL...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *easingTim OP   Man  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

As some of you are very well aware, back to school time and FREEDOM is only around the corner!

But the focus of this thread is on you!

So I'm wondering...

What were you like at school?

What was the recurring point that came up in each school report card?

Did you even win any award? (Don't be humble)

Do you see any of your mates from school anymore??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Loughlinstown

Forgive the typo heading

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

At school I was very social, school to me was more the social side. If I put as much effort into my school days as I did with the lads in my school I'd be smarter then Einstein

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

I loathed school. I was good student and i was into all kinds of sports but i was bullied like hell, had an ed and it was just horrible. I hope to f*** my girls dont have to deal with any that when they go to secondary

By *olouWoman  over a year ago

Swords

Always day dreaming, had bigger plans going on in my head staring out the window lol

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I was an average student who had to work very hard to get decent grades and I didn't enjoy it at all.

Seven years busting my balls in secondary school was in all in vain because of a vindictive teacher who was jealous of another teachers popularity and ruined the lives of 12 students in the process.

An extra year of repeats was pointless because of an admin mistake at my chosen Uni and my place was given to someone else in error.

I walked away from every single form of education as a result and haven't sat an exam of any consequence since and have very little respect for the education system.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

The ghost of the theme from Glenroe is playing.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was a "top grammar school" cliché...clever, diligent, always interested, never in trouble, popular, sporty. Never won any academic prizes because they didn't exist when I was at my particular school but always got good grades but I helped my House win the athletics shield by being the highest point scoring female in the school, and was also invited to trial for the NI netball squad.

I'm not sure where it all went wrong

K

"At school I was very social, school to me was more the social side. If I put as much effort into my school days as I did with the lads in my school I'd be smarter then Einstein "

Likewise!

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"The ghost of the theme from Glenroe is playing....."

(Insert shiver emoji)

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"The ghost of the theme from Glenroe is playing.....

(Insert shiver emoji) "

I was actually there when I typed it earlier

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

I absolutely hated secondary school , I had lazy eyes that weren’t corrected until I was 19 , the constant teasing in school was horrible . Best days of your life … absolute bollocks

"The ghost of the theme from Glenroe is playing....."

The dreaded feeling of school in the morning

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"The ghost of the theme from Glenroe is playing.....

The dreaded feeling of school in the morning "

Oh I hear ya

By *eart-shaped-foxMan  over a year ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

I was a social anxiety disaster in school, worked hard to mask my difficulties but I hated the crowds, noise and general vibe. I couldn't think straight in the environment, i always felt i was behind. I got through exams with help from some incredible friends and I made it to 3rd level.

College was a whole new world, great people, space to dig in to the course and enjoy learning. I definitely developed socially in college, probably the skills most people learn in school

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

I hated school, I attended 6 different schools until leaving cert and I hated each and every one of them, always an outsider, never fitting in...I was shy and quiet, didn't want to be seen or heard...

Loughlinstown

I went to an All Boys school so was like Raj from The Big Bang Theory around girls for a few years after I got out Anyway, am happy to say have changed my tune a little since then

Now was quiet enough in the classroom but stick me on a football pitch and you'd see a different man! Anyway the teachers couldn't believe I was the same person...

I'd usually do abysmal at the start of a term only to pick up the MOST IMPROVED STUDENT at the end of the term which happened a few times. Apart from that I nailed a Gold in the under 8's local 3 legged race although my partner has since let himself go

Hang out with my mates from secondary school now

By *umon337Man  over a year ago

Offaly

At a parent teacher meeting my mother was told that I was doing to much "ladding about the town" to get a descent leaving.

"

As some of you are very well aware, back to school time and FREEDOM is only around the corner!

But the focus of this thread is on you!

So I'm wondering...

What were you like at school?

What was the recurring point that came up in each school report card?

Did you even win any award? (Don't be humble)

Do you see any of your mates from school anymore??"

I was quiet, cripplingly shy, never did anything I could get in trouble over, studious, overly religious and nominated for student of the year in my leaving cert year.

I hated school.

» Add a new message to this topic