FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Free Sti screens

Free Sti screens

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know I've posted this few times here but it's such a important topic. I was doing mine this morning. https://sh24.ie check this site out it's a free confidential at home service. If you're counties aren't listed or you don't want to get it delivered to your home I know some Fabbers use Parcel Motel. It's very simple process for ladies it's bloods and a vaginal swab. The blood can be tricky to get flowing. But I did it immediately as soon as I got out of bed while I was warm and it was no trouble. You could have a really warm shower before or hot beverage. They will text you results if negative and get in contact if you need treatment. The turnaround time is usually a week. I think it's a wonderful service from the HSE and I wish more people availed of it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Well done Rosy for highlighting this again. We got ours done last month and Limerick is finally on the list. We used Parcel Motel for delivery before then.

The hardest part is getting enough blood into the tube so the hot shower is great but also running your finger under a warm tap for a few minutes will help.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have availed of it, the turnaround is great and the fact you get the text message is even better. The gum clinic I went to you just ring and they tell you the result

It's a pity this forum doesn't have the ability to sticky a post to top of the list permanently as this is probably one of the single most important topics of information and thr more it's visible and discussed as a norm the better for everyone.....

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Meath & Birmingham

It's a super service and all very straightforward

Brilliant to highlight it.

It’s so simple, quick and easy to do.

By *ibbw2022Woman  over a year ago

Co.Kildare

Thanks for highlighting this, I never knew about this service

Yes nurse I'm bisexual I sleep with men and women ....Will ya do the test.now.please tks

"Yes nurse I'm bisexual I sleep with men and women ....Will ya do the test.now.please tks

"

I'll play nurse with you if you want! You'll feel a little prick!

By *angtasticallyMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

Absolutely brilliant op thanks for sharing that....

As of 10th August, free home testing is available in the following counties:

Carlow

Cavan

Clare

Cork

Donegal

Dublin

Galway

Kerry

Kildare

Kilkenny

Laois

Leitrim

Limerick

Longford

Louth

Mayo

Meath

Monaghan

Offaly

Roscommon

Sligo

Tipperary

Westmeath

Wicklow

If yours isn't listed use Parcel Motel it's not that expensive especially considering a test like this would average at €120 if you are paying private

Now for my rant I posted a picture up and a link to the website. I got a message from someone saying...."strange status update did you catch something" It happened the last time as well nasty messages saying I must be riddled with everything going . I hate the presumption that I value my sexual Health and get tested regularly that I'm riddled with STIs. Like ffs this attitude engages me no wonder people don't openly discuss this topic

Thanks for Posting Rose .

You'll meet idiots everywhere unfortunately. ignore and block

By *otorman20021Man  over a year ago

East Cork

Great post Rosy with very important details, I had a look at your profile too while I was here and I must say it was worth the read, very entertaining. Pity I’m outside your age limits and can’t send you a message privately.

By *otownkid1967Man  over a year ago

Portlaoise

"Now for my rant I posted a picture up and a link to the website. I got a message from someone saying...."strange status update did you catch something" It happened the last time as well nasty messages saying I must be riddled with everything going . I hate the presumption that I value my sexual Health and get tested regularly that I'm riddled with STIs. Like ffs this attitude engages me no wonder people don't openly discuss this topic "

There's always one

By *onderingpurposeMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'd make an awful nurse. I leave the bathroom looking a scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

its a great service - and very discrete. no excuses lads (or lassies)

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman  over a year ago

Naughty Lane

They are great...use their services every 6 weeks.

Limerick

"Now for my rant I posted a picture up and a link to the website. I got a message from someone saying...."strange status update did you catch something" It happened the last time as well nasty messages saying I must be riddled with everything going . I hate the presumption that I value my sexual Health and get tested regularly that I'm riddled with STIs. Like ffs this attitude engages me no wonder people don't openly discuss this topic "

They're jealous that you're getting the ride and they're not

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

If you are a Blood Donor, I think the donor's blood is automatically screened for STIs.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I'd make an awful nurse. I leave the bathroom looking a scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

I can't even get the blood out ffs

"They are great...use their services every 6 weeks."

Fair play regular check ups are the way to go. Before they rolled out this service I used to attend the local clinic . I got to know all the lovely midwifes from attending every six months. One evening I was last person they saw had been only person in waiting room I hadn't seen anyone else waiting. Nurse said well aren't I glad to see you you're the only one all day not presenting with symptoms. She said she wished people got over the stigma of regular testing rather than waiting until they suspected they have something.

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

There are a couple of places in town, one in particular off Grafton St, that do very reasonable standard tests with results in 15 minutes.

Limerick

"There are a couple of places in town, one in particular off Grafton St, that do very reasonable standard tests with results in 15 minutes.

"

Isn't 'free' better than 'very reasonable'?

"They are great...use their services every 6 weeks.

Fair play regular check ups are the way to go. Before they rolled out this service I used to attend the local clinic . I got to know all the lovely midwifes from attending every six months. One evening I was last person they saw had been only person in waiting room I hadn't seen anyone else waiting. Nurse said well aren't I glad to see you you're the only one all day not presenting with symptoms. She said she wished people got over the stigma of regular testing rather than waiting until they suspected they have something. "

I don't get the stigma about attending the clinic, the ladies in the sligo clinic are absolutely lovely. I don't go that often ( no need as not sexually active ) but they are always full of chat.

By *iggusClitusMan  over a year ago

Near Naas

Reminds me of the Head and Shoulders advert , "but you dont have dandruff", "exactly" ....

By *aidbare5Couple  over a year ago

down the road

Thanks for posting Rosy

We have used this service through parcel motel, its now serving our county so thats even better.

Very quick turnaround and very discreet.

On the subject of STI's - can anyone tell me how hi-risk is unprotected oral (m2f and /m2m/f2m/f2f) - is oral something that should not be taken (or given) lightly? Thank you.

By *umpkinnMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Just ordering one and I see that the kits could be different if you pick heterosexual or homosexual. Feels like the toy in the cereal box all over again...what am I missing out on? I MUST COLLECT THEM ALL!

"On the subject of STI's - can anyone tell me how hi-risk is unprotected oral (m2f and /m2m/f2m/f2f) - is oral something that should not be taken (or given) lightly? Thank you. "

Thats why along with the at home test be no harm to attend the clinic for a full test if you are very active.

"On the subject of STI's - can anyone tell me how hi-risk is unprotected oral (m2f and /m2m/f2m/f2f) - is oral something that should not be taken (or given) lightly? Thank you.

Thats why along with the at home test be no harm to attend the clinic for a full test if you are very active."

Not active at all. But if I am in the near future, I'd like to take a test beforehand to make sure I'm clear

"On the subject of STI's - can anyone tell me how hi-risk is unprotected oral (m2f and /m2m/f2m/f2f) - is oral something that should not be taken (or given) lightly? Thank you.

Thats why along with the at home test be no harm to attend the clinic for a full test if you are very active.

Not active at all. But if I am in the near future, I'd like to take a test beforehand to make sure I'm clear"

They take a swab from the back of your throat , but you may have to ask for it at the gum clinic

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

"I know I've posted this few times here but it's such a important topic. I was doing mine this morning. https://sh24.ie check this site out it's a free confidential at home service. If you're counties aren't listed or you don't want to get it delivered to your home I know some Fabbers use Parcel Motel. It's very simple process for ladies it's bloods and a vaginal swab. The blood can be tricky to get flowing. But I did it immediately as soon as I got out of bed while I was warm and it was no trouble. You could have a really warm shower before or hot beverage. They will text you results if negative and get in contact if you need treatment. The turnaround time is usually a week. I think it's a wonderful service from the HSE and I wish more people availed of it. "

Do these tests not give a false sense of safety as they would only test for a very small amount of stis or am I wrong. What actually do they test for.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"I know I've posted this few times here but it's such a important topic. I was doing mine this morning. https://sh24.ie check this site out it's a free confidential at home service. If you're counties aren't listed or you don't want to get it delivered to your home I know some Fabbers use Parcel Motel. It's very simple process for ladies it's bloods and a vaginal swab. The blood can be tricky to get flowing. But I did it immediately as soon as I got out of bed while I was warm and it was no trouble. You could have a really warm shower before or hot beverage. They will text you results if negative and get in contact if you need treatment. The turnaround time is usually a week. I think it's a wonderful service from the HSE and I wish more people availed of it.

Do these tests not give a false sense of safety as they would only test for a very small amount of stis or am I wrong. What actually do they test for."

Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, syphilis and HIV.

"I know I've posted this few times here but it's such a important topic. I was doing mine this morning. https://sh24.ie check this site out it's a free confidential at home service. If you're counties aren't listed or you don't want to get it delivered to your home I know some Fabbers use Parcel Motel. It's very simple process for ladies it's bloods and a vaginal swab. The blood can be tricky to get flowing. But I did it immediately as soon as I got out of bed while I was warm and it was no trouble. You could have a really warm shower before or hot beverage. They will text you results if negative and get in contact if you need treatment. The turnaround time is usually a week. I think it's a wonderful service from the HSE and I wish more people availed of it.

Do these tests not give a false sense of safety as they would only test for a very small amount of stis or am I wrong. What actually do they test for."

Well I think the roll out of this by HSE is normalising regular STI testing. No it's not perfect as doesn't test for everything. But you can still attend local clinics for full testing or pay and go private. I personally attend a private clinic in Kildare once a year and get full test for €75

galway

Do these tests not give a false sense of safety as they would only test for a very small amount of stis or am I wrong. What actually do they test for.

Well I think the roll out of this by HSE is normalising regular STI testing. No it's not perfect as doesn't test for everything. But you can still attend local clinics for full testing or pay and go private. I personally attend a private clinic in Kildare once a year and get full test for €75 "

It's been a long time since I've been tested although I've only been with one partner in this time along with 3 3sums and both where wearing condoms. The partner hasn't had sex with anyone else in all this time either . I Don't have any symptoms that I know off so don't really see the need to get tested although if its free, I might just avail of it. Better to know than not just incase.

Well I think the roll out of this by HSE is normalising regular STI testing. No it's not perfect as doesn't test for everything. But you can still attend local clinics for full testing or pay and go private. I personally attend a private clinic in Kildare once a year and get full test for €75

It's been a long time since I've been tested although I've only been with one partner in this time along with 3 3sums and both where wearing condoms. The partner hasn't had sex with anyone else in all this time either . I Don't have any symptoms that I know off so don't really see the need to get tested although if its free, I might just avail of it. Better to know than not just incase. "

A lot of STIS can have no symptoms especially Chlamydia it's known as the silent infection. This is a interesting article on it. People presume if they've have no symptoms they don't have anything

https://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/g27080071/stds-without-symptoms/

galway

It's been a long time since I've been tested although I've only been with one partner in this time along with 3 3sums and both where wearing condoms. The partner hasn't had sex with anyone else in all this time either . I Don't have any symptoms that I know off so don't really see the need to get tested although if its free, I might just avail of it. Better to know than not just incase.

A lot of STIS can have no symptoms especially Chlamydia it's known as the silent infection. This is a interesting article on it. People presume if they've have no symptoms they don't have anything

https://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/g27080071/stds-without-symptoms/"

O I understand this.

TY. x

It's been a long time since I've been tested although I've only been with one partner in this time along with 3 3sums and both where wearing condoms. The partner hasn't had sex with anyone else in all this time either . I Don't have any symptoms that I know off so don't really see the need to get tested although if its free, I might just avail of it. Better to know than not just incase. "

Did you participate in oral sex using a condom? Condoms also aren't foolproof either. I wouldn't just ever presume because I used a condom with someone that I was safe, have they had bareback sex? Plenty on here say into safe sex yet their photos tell a different story, the fact the service is free and available I wouldnt hesitate to use it, and attend a gum clinic for full reassurance depending on how sexually active you are.

galway

[Removed by poster at 27/09/22 21:11:39]

galway

Did you participate in oral sex using a condom? Condoms also aren't foolproof either. I wouldn't just ever presume because I used a condom with someone that I was safe, have they had bareback sex? Plenty on here say into safe sex yet their photos tell a different story, the fact the service is free and available I wouldnt hesitate to use it, and attend a gum clinic for full reassurance depending on how sexually active you are.

"

Yes I did do oral sex without condoms on each occasion I had a threesome. The one partner been sleeping with for a very long time hasn't been with anyone else. He was in all 3 of the 3sums and he and I aren't showing any symptoms however I now understand moreso today that showing no symptoms doesn't mean one doesn't have anything. I haven't had any full sex swinging meets in over a year although I'm planning to very soon. I will get a checked before anymore playing.

As much as I love my playtime, this thread is worrying to say the least.

xx

By *ettaManMan  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

It's an excellent service. I use it every 3 months. So convenient.

That's amazing, I never knew about it.

Thank you so much.

This is example of text you will get

You tested negative for HIV, chlamydia (genital), gonorrhoea (genital) and syphilis (EIA). When testing in the future, click this link to learn more about when infections show up in tests, so you don't re-test too soon: https://sh24.org.uk/sexual-health/stis/sti-testing. Thanks, SH:24

This is example of text you will get

You tested negative for HIV, chlamydia (genital), gonorrhoea (genital) and syphilis (EIA). When testing in the future, click this link to learn more about when infections show up in tests, so you don't re-test too soon: https://sh24.org.uk/sexual-health/stis/sti-testing. Thanks, SH:24

By *oulernerMan  over a year ago

Dublin City

Sexual health is paramount and I always have the date of my most recent negative test results written in my profile along with a nudge to use sh24 both on my personal profile and the profile with my wife.

It's always a good thing to nudge more people to avail of these free services, so kudos to you!

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

"There are a couple of places in town, one in particular off Grafton St, that do very reasonable standard tests with results in 15 minutes.

Isn't 'free' better than 'very reasonable'? "

It can be

But for this I’d prefer to pay a professional to take samples…. Have a goo…. Etc….

So the turnaround time is pretty fast these days. I sent off Monday and my results were texted this morning. This is what the text will look

You tested negative for HIV, chlamydia (genital), gonorrhoea (genital) and syphilis (EIA). If you'd like to test again, check when to test here: https://sh24.org.uk/when Thanks, SH:24

https://www.sexualwellbeing.ie/sexual-health/hse-sti-services-in-ireland.html

If you feel like you need to avail of full testing this is a list of HSE clinics. I've attended the Portlaoise for my regular check ups and honestly the team of midwives do amazing work.

By *endi LiquorTV/TS  over a year ago

Newry

"https://www.sexualwellbeing.ie/sexual-health/hse-sti-services-in-ireland.html

If you feel like you need to avail of full testing this is a list of HSE clinics. I've attended the Portlaoise for my regular check ups and honestly the team of midwives do amazing work. "

Well done missus for hilighting this. Its sh24 in the North.

A hot shower seems to be the easiest for getting blood also if you use two of the finger pricks in two different directions like a cross or x it's far easier to get the blood out.

It is bewildering that people would message you with nastiness having read your status. From what I gather you are extraordinarily responsible and a great advocate for sexual health. Keep doing you and let the nasties keep identifying themselves with their hideous messages.

By *amian300Man  over a year ago

dub city closer than you think not in uk

Really good service and discreet have used it

Costs nothing compared to going private

"I know I've posted this few times here but it's such a important topic. I was doing mine this morning. https://sh24.ie check this site out it's a free confidential at home service. If you're counties aren't listed or you don't want to get it delivered to your home I know some Fabbers use Parcel Motel. It's very simple process for ladies it's bloods and a vaginal swab. The blood can be tricky to get flowing. But I did it immediately as soon as I got out of bed while I was warm and it was no trouble. You could have a really warm shower before or hot beverage. They will text you results if negative and get in contact if you need treatment. The turnaround time is usually a week. I think it's a wonderful service from the HSE and I wish more people availed of it. "

By *exysamXXXWoman  over a year ago

The Land of Make Believe

Thanks to Rosy for informing me of this service a while back. I now use it regularly and cannot fault it in any way.

Always best to look after your sexual health in the swing scene

» Add a new message to this topic