FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Trivia

Trivia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *cl2010 OP   Couple  over a year ago

cork

Arnold Schwarzenegger was not alllowed to dub the terminator into german for the international release because he apparently sounds like a country bumpkin in German.

I kinda like the idea of rural Kerryman terminator..

Whats your top trivia today?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

Captain Cook who is celebrated in Australia never actually received the rank Captain, I'm not 100% sure but I think he was promoted beyond captain.

cork

thats good trivia!

Tree sloths will eat only about 2-3 ounces of leaves per days, and get all their water from that too!

They are crazy efficient

Cork

The average human body barely uses 35% of its theoretical strength. It's possible for this to increase with performance training but it still will lay around 60 to 70% even in do or die situations

Cork

I know a lot of weird trivia, could be very helpful if I ever go on who wants to be a millionaire though

cork

"The average human body barely uses 35% of its theoretical strength. It's possible for this to increase with performance training but it still will lay around 60 to 70% even in do or die situations "

Yeah, thats because we have really strong muscles compared to our tendons and bones. If we unlock full strength we generally break one or the other of them. monkies are far stronger with the same muscle mass because they have better tendons

By *unwexcplCouple  over a year ago

Gorey

Lego produce more car Tyres than any other manufacturer

Cork

This one will be fairly topical.

The germans did send a Leopard 2 prototype to US for the trials for what now is considered the Abrams. The Leopard 2 sent wasn't built including Armour package ect in time so they simulated it with an extra heavy turret.

Cork

"This one will be fairly topical.

The germans did send a Leopard 2 prototype to US for the trials for what now is considered the Abrams. The Leopard 2 sent wasn't built including Armour package ect in time so they simulated it with an extra heavy turret."

Actually to clarify I'm not as 100% sure about the turret part but the Leopard was actually competitive in the trials. It went up against GM and Chryslers Abrams prototype with Chrysler winning the contract

cork

"This one will be fairly topical.

The germans did send a Leopard 2 prototype to US for the trials for what now is considered the Abrams. The Leopard 2 sent wasn't built including Armour package ect in time so they simulated it with an extra heavy turret.

Actually to clarify I'm not as 100% sure about the turret part but the Leopard was actually competitive in the trials. It went up against GM and Chryslers Abrams prototype with Chrysler winning the contract"

well I think we're going to see them compared side by side real soon!

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

"The average human body barely uses 35% of its theoretical strength. It's possible for this to increase with performance training but it still will lay around 60 to 70% even in do or die situations "

Nervous system won't allow it.

Can't touch the floor with your legs straight???

If you're getting near your feet its your nervous system preventing you going further, because it knows you're not fit enough. But you can override it.

Put your fists side by side, knuckles forward. Then squeeze them between your knees for 30 seconds. Then immediately try touch the floor!...go on!

cork

"The average human body barely uses 35% of its theoretical strength. It's possible for this to increase with performance training but it still will lay around 60 to 70% even in do or die situations

If you're getting near your feet its your nervous system preventing you going further, because it knows you're not fit enough. But you can override it.

Put your fists side by side, knuckles forward. Then squeeze them between your knees for 30 seconds. Then immediately try touch the floor!...go on!

"

biological wizardry!

By *mmmm300Woman  over a year ago

cork

"The average human body barely uses 35% of its theoretical strength. It's possible for this to increase with performance training but it still will lay around 60 to 70% even in do or die situations

"

Why does that work? What does it do?

By *attooed.dadbodMan  over a year ago

The light between the oceans

Your forearm is the same size as your foot..

And i think your arm span is your height

cork

"Your forearm is the same size as your foot..

And i think your arm span is your height "

Lovely examples of the golden ratio. It used to be a high faluting tailors trick to only measure your finger and calculate all your measurements

Cork

We have the gene that allows us to regrow whole limbs but it's turned off.

It's for the best as our bodies would require a serious amount of nutrition and generally not work well for us

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Normal humans can only withstand 9’g’s for a few seconds

After that the blood rushes to the feet and the heart can’t pump it because it’s too heavy

By *elfastSteamWhistleMan  over a year ago

bangor

This is meant to be true, but my wing span has been 2inches shorter than my height since I was about 16/17ish. It makes driving awkward at times. (I'm 6ft 6 in height)

By *attooed.dadbodMan  over a year ago

The light between the oceans

Your finger tips shrivel when wet to afford you more grip...

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

John Wayne was a white supremacist but don't tell the people of Cong that

cork

Did you know that animals that pee behind them are properly called "retro-mingent"

My neighbour has a red tractor!

Cork

A certain percentage of our DNA is ancient viruses

cork

"My neighbour has a red tractor! "

Lucky him.. I'd love a tractor

A roadrunner's maximum speed is 42 kilometres an hour

An average coyote can run at 70 kilometres an hour

The media are lying to us folks

Meep Meep

cork

The reason for the whole high society manners - stick out the baby finger while drinking - thing comes from syphilis. It causes loss of joint motion often starting in the baby finger. So it was good manners for everyone to do it to hide anyone who wanted to keep their syphilis a secret

By *elfastSteamWhistleMan  over a year ago

bangor

I'm not entirely sure this one is true, but I've been told it various times by various natives so....

The reason Spanish people talk with a what we would call a lisp is because the king had a lisp and everyone had to talk like to save his embarrassment, it got handed down and down and now its just the language.

» Add a new message to this topic