FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Best area/town for a doss and a few pints?

Best area/town for a doss and a few pints?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rdman OP   Man  over a year ago

North west for weekend

So I've the full week off thinking of heading off in my camper for a doss around, a few drinks and whatever else.. midweek

Anyone recommend a good spot to hit?or better still any invitations

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urFabFun21Couple  over a year ago

Somewhere

"So I've the full week off thinking of heading off in my camper for a doss around, a few drinks and whatever else.. midweek

Anyone recommend a good spot to hit?or better still any invitations "

I always enjoy knocking around Dingle on my own. So many choices for pints and grub.

Enjoyed Castlebar too when I found myself there alone a couple of years back.

Enjoy wherever you head

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Kilkenny op we always find it a great town or portlaoise nice people and the bars and grub is good

S

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

Manorhamilton in Leitrim. A good place to chill and do nothing. Then head over to Strandhill, in Sligo for a sea bath. Campers welcome.

North west for weekend

Some good options there!

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Manorhamilton in Leitrim. A good place to chill and do nothing. Then head over to Strandhill, in Sligo for a sea bath. Campers welcome. "

Manirhamilton is a great place to do nothing alright as there's nothing to do there.

It has fuck all going from it apart from me being born in the hospital there in the 1960s. It's been downhill for it ever since though.

By *tonearmyMan  over a year ago

galway

Galway city has 2 be worth a visit ..some cracking bars and places to eat ....safe travels and enjoy wherever it is u end up

North west for weekend

Galway is my favourite of all what times bars close Wednesday night any late bar?

"Galway is my favourite of all what times bars close Wednesday night any late bar?"

Dail bar, front door & the quays are open till 2am I think anyways

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

"Galway is my favourite of all what times bars close Wednesday night any late bar?

Dail bar, front door & the quays are open till 2am I think anyways"

Take yourself to Freeneys and Tigh Chóilí first though!!..

If it was me in a camper, I'd probbaly head for Ennis, Ennistymon, Lehinch and Doolin!

galway

Ya the bars around quay street are all 2am with good live music aswell and charcoal grill is only around the corner for a yummy kebab after

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

"Galway is my favourite of all what times bars close Wednesday night any late bar?

If it was me in a camper, I'd probbaly head for Ennis, Ennistymon, Lehinch and Doolin!"

Don’t you mean Lahinch

West Cork is beautiful. Scull is a great little town but there are plenty others in the area all worth a visit.

North west for weekend

"West Cork is beautiful. Scull is a great little town but there are plenty others in the area all worth a visit."

West Cork is a long spin for me and only thinking of thr 2 nights. Now if I had an invitation on the other hand I'd be straight down

North west for weekend

If it was me in a camper, I'd probbaly head for Ennis, Ennistymon, Lehinch and Doolin!"

Some sound info there anything cool to see within a 30 45 min drive of galway

I know some of my Galway friends would park up near the Docks. The West Side of town is great Roisin Dubh, Blue Note,Massimos, Monroe (great pizza) all close together it's less touristy down the Whest of town you'll run into more of the locals.

North west for weekend

"I know some of my Galway friends would park up near the Docks. The West Side of town is great Roisin Dubh, Blue Note,Massimos, Monroe (great pizza) all close together it's less touristy down the Whest of town you'll run into more of the locals."

Ok cool ill keep that in mind, are the locals more gamey have you found

"I know some of my Galway friends would park up near the Docks. The West Side of town is great Roisin Dubh, Blue Note,Massimos, Monroe (great pizza) all close together it's less touristy down the Whest of town you'll run into more of the locals."

Down whest is definitely the best also got the crane bar & bierhaus but not much late night drinking on a Wednesday down there but it's 100% more of a chilled vibe down that side

galway

If it was me in a camper, I'd probbaly head for Ennis, Ennistymon, Lehinch and Doolin!

Some sound info there anything cool to see within a 30 45 min drive of galway"

hit for morans the weir about 30 minutes outside galway city the best fresh fish food restaurant in galway some beautiful scenic views there and plenty of room to park your camper aswell

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Manorhamilton in Leitrim. A good place to chill and do nothing. Then head over to Strandhill, in Sligo for a sea bath. Campers welcome.

Manirhamilton is a great place to do nothing alright as there's nothing to do there.

It has fuck all going from it apart from me being born in the hospital there in the 1960s. It's been downhill for it ever since though. "

I knew Leitrim had to have something going for it - lightbulb moment

Le Petite Delice in Galway does a great Coffee and the best Ham and Cheese croissant ive ever indulged in.

"I know some of my Galway friends would park up near the Docks. The West Side of town is great Roisin Dubh, Blue Note,Massimos, Monroe (great pizza) all close together it's less touristy down the Whest of town you'll run into more of the locals.

Ok cool ill keep that in mind, are the locals more gamey have you found"

Well no certainty of Fab fun but the locals are full of craic and divilment. Best way to visit anywhere is go with zero expectations and everything else is a bonus

North west for weekend

Some great info there thanks, think I'll do galway so!

galway

Cool enjoy our wonderful city.... dont be afraid to ask for tips etc on what to do if need be

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Manorhamilton in Leitrim. A good place to chill and do nothing. Then head over to Strandhill, in Sligo for a sea bath. Campers welcome.

It has fuck all going from it apart from me being born in the hospital there in the 1960s. It's been downhill for it ever since though.

I knew Leitrim had to have something going for it - lightbulb moment "

Well now, I'll have you know that Leitrim has plenty going for it, just not Manorhamilton

» Add a new message to this topic