FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Netflix password sharing

Netflix password sharing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

So next month Netflix are starting to crack down on people sharing their passwords to stop different households using the same account

I have 2 outside my house using mine

Anyone using someone elses ....what will you do

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm using my own, do get to watch Disney+ with my kids on their dad's account though

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

My iPad is signed into my daughter’s boyfriend account . He is unaware of this and must be confused regarding his recently viewed content

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Wonder how it'll work if you use it in 2 locations not at the same time.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've never done this so it won't be an issue.

Reminds me though of a global manufacturing company who have factories all around the world including here and their designers shared passwords for their CAD software across timezones.

They couldn't log in simultaneously but the Irish designers would log in as soon as the Aussies logged out and the yanks took over later in the day.

The software company threatened them with legal action because they didn't have a global licence and they replied to the threat with three words. "Go for it!"

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

We are on the 4k premium plan and share with my parents. We get 4 simultaneous streams. How do they know which is the base household I wonder. What about when IP addresses change with dynamic IP? Will have to see how this pans out.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

"I've never done this so it won't be an issue.

Reminds me though of a global manufacturing company who have factories all around the world including here and their designers shared passwords for their CAD software across timezones.

They couldn't log in simultaneously but the Irish designers would log in as soon as the Aussies logged out and the yanks took over later in the day.

The software company threatened them with legal action because they didn't have a global licence and they replied to the threat with three words. "Go for it!""

...and then Autodesk cancelled all their licences

Belfast

"I've never done this so it won't be an issue.

The software company threatened them with legal action because they didn't have a global licence and they replied to the threat with three words. "Go for it!"

...and then Autodesk cancelled all their licences

"

Apparently not

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman  over a year ago

Cork

I've been paying for TV viewing for a host of people for a while.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

Haven't paid for a streaming service, sure sometimes the quality of series I watch is pretty poor but I genuinely can't think of many things that are worth streaming for.

Disney has somewhat monopolized it and still, can you think of anything you'd want to watch straight away?

somewhere

According to reports every connection to Netflix will have to happen from the main I.P address of the bill payer at least once every 30 days

By *huCullainMan  over a year ago

Rathowen

Myself and my son share a Netflix account and it's on 2 different IP addresses. We also have Disney, Apple and Amazon so netflix will be getting the boot as soon as the start that rubbish.

By *adger BrocMan  over a year ago

Co. Cork

"I've been paying for TV viewing for a host of people for a while.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this "

Your generosity knows no bounds...

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"According to reports every connection to Netflix will have to happen from the main I.P address of the bill payer at least once every 30 days

"

But IP addresses change, and how does Netflix know which one is the main address of the bill payer?

By *escplCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"According to reports every connection to Netflix will have to happen from the main I.P address of the bill payer at least once every 30 days

But IP addresses change, and how does Netflix know which one is the main address of the bill payer?"

Normally they can see more than just your IP. Cookies, router/modem mac address, device mac address, browser ID, app installation ID on phones / tablets. So, with the combination of these they can very likely identify the bill payer’s devices. You can play around, but that is a lot of hassle if you are not familiar with these.

By *an I Kiss youMan  over a year ago

Manchester City Centre

" ....Normally they can see more than just your IP. Cookies, router/modem mac address, device mac address, browser ID, app installation ID on phones / tablets. So, with the combination of these they can very likely identify the bill payer’s devices. You can play around, but that is a lot of hassle if you are not familiar with these..."

Oooooo all that IT talk is turning me on right now, bhahahaha

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I'm legit here.

What I do is I don't have all the streaming services at the same time. I rotate between them to keep costs down, avail of free trials and completely boycott amazon prime.

somewhere

"I'm legit here.

What I do is I don't have all the streaming services at the same time. I rotate between them to keep costs down, avail of free trials and completely boycott amazon prime. "

I have it free because my kids get brown boxes delivered every feckin day

Belfast

"I'm legit here.

What I do is I don't have all the streaming services at the same time. I rotate between them to keep costs down, avail of free trials and completely boycott amazon prime.

I have it free because my kids get brown boxes delivered every feckin day "

Are they paying for it because I've never heard of a free option?

somewhere

"I'm legit here.

I have it free because my kids get brown boxes delivered every feckin day

Are they paying for it because I've never heard of a free option? "

Sorry they pay ....not me...which makes a change

They get free delivery on all their deliveries as far as I know

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman  over a year ago

Cork

Amazon Prime includes free delivery, extra discounts or early offers etc.

It can be worth availing of it close to Prime day. There are some really good offers to be had.

» Add a new message to this topic