FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Anti valentines

Anti valentines

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So for some valentines is just another day, as someone who has never had a significant other to celebrate it, I've learnt to realise its just another "hallmark" day but seen this on Facebook so thought I'd share xx

LOVE ISN’T ALL HEARTS AND FLOWERS

Sometimes, love is asking if you’ve remembered to take your vitamins or d*unk enough water.

Love is a friend who checks in on you, even when you say you’re fine.

Love is a family member who worries you’re making the wrong choices, and that can often feel like anything but love, but the truth is, they live in fear of you getting hurt because they feel every inch of your pain along with you.

Love can come in all shapes and sizes but never does unconditional love look like an expensive gift or a romantic weekend away. That’s just frosting.

You’re more likely to find it in a cup of tea, made just for you.

Love is real and ugly and shouty sometimes.

Lots of tears and lots of pain as the people involved break and bond and grow together as humans.

Valentines Day should be about counting all the love you have in your world and giving gratitude for it - that may not look like a steak dinner for two...

and that’s ok.

If you are loved my friend, at all, you are blessed. And if you have found some love for yourself along the way, then you are really winning at life.

That’s worth celebrating.

Happy Valentine’s Day ??

(And let’s not forget the actual St Valentine, the man who sacrificed his life to let young couples marry in the eyes of God, when it was banned for all. What a guy. He’s worth celebrating too ??).

Donna Ashworth

From ‘love’ ??

#valentinesday #valentinespoem #truelove

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ngel and EvilCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

We love ya DD xx Mwah xx

Happy Valentines Day xx

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"So for some valentines is just another day, as someone who has never had a significant other to celebrate it, I've learnt to realise its just another "hallmark" day but seen this on Facebook so thought I'd share xx

Sometimes, love is asking if you’ve remembered to take your vitamins or d*unk enough water.

Love is a family member who worries you’re making the wrong choices, and that can often feel like anything but love, but the truth is, they live in fear of you getting hurt because they feel every inch of your pain along with you.

Love can come in all shapes and sizes but never does unconditional love look like an expensive gift or a romantic weekend away. That’s just frosting.

Lots of tears and lots of pain as the people involved break and bond and grow together as humans.

Valentines Day should be about counting all the love you have in your world and giving gratitude for it - that may not look like a steak dinner for two...

and that’s ok.

If you are loved my friend, at all, you are blessed. And if you have found some love for yourself along the way, then you are really winning at life.

Happy Valentine’s Day ??

(And let’s not forget the actual St Valentine, the man who sacrificed his life to let young couples marry in the eyes of God, when it was banned for all. What a guy. He’s worth celebrating too ??).

Donna Ashworth

From ‘love’ ??

#valentinesday #valentinespoem #truelove"

By *othantaiochtMan  over a year ago

DC

"So for some valentines is just another day, as someone who has never had a significant other to celebrate it, I've learnt to realise its just another "hallmark" day but seen this on Facebook so thought I'd share xx

and that’s ok.

Happy Valentine’s Day ??

Donna Ashworth

From ‘love’ ??

#valentinesday #valentinespoem #truelove"

Spot on!

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

So much is made of valentine's day

Never bothered with it even when in a relationship, I don't need to know the people I love or care about have to show it on this money making day. I got a bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice from my daughter yesterday, said to me I got this for you cause I know you love it. Means so much more.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That is a good sentiment.

» Add a new message to this topic