FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Time wasters - what's your definition?

Time wasters - what's your definition?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rAndMrsRight OP   Couple  over a year ago

newtownabbey

As it says on a tin...

Lots of people talk about time wasters. What's your definition of a time waster?

Is it someone who only chats here and never meets?

Is it someone who says they want to meet and never arranges anything?

Is it someone who agrees to meet and doesn't turn up or cancels last minute?

Is it someone who turns up but changes their mind about wanting to have sex with you?

Is it someone who turns up, has sex with you but leaves within an hour?

Basically what's a time waster to you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m all of the above, but actively trying to improve.

And some people have just joined.

You can make friends too I imagine.

I may be wrong.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It seems to be a "catch all" insult here. I've been called a timewaster for just not wanting to meet someone. Its not a phrase I'd use unless very thoroughly deserved.

If somebody called me a time waster at a dinner party.

It wouldn’t end well

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've never had a no show or been stood up so my definition of a timewaster is someone who wastes their own time by not reading my profile.

The only time I've been called a timewaster was by a couple I'd never spoken to before who asked me to meet them at RVC the following night.

I refused because I don't meet like that, it was a 10 hour round trip and there was feck all chance of me even being allowed into the club with no ticket.

Apparently that made me a timewaster.

I agree, I was thinking I should charge for my time..

For me it's someone who makes arrangements to meet and after 3 attempts still hasn't met a timewaster.

I've been called a timewaster a fantasist among other things cause I'm not willing to drop all and meet some random profile.

I've on my profile I'm not meeting as I just seem to attract the ones that want it on their terms.

For me it would, at it's simplest level, be someone who arranges to meet, confirms right to the end,

then doesn't show and doesn't let you know because they never intended to meet.

However more complex are the charlatans who talk the talk. Who make all the right noises but will never back it up with action. Not a case where they change their mind, more that their thrill is purely all talk. I think many are taken in by them. In some cases it's because the hope of the ride is stronger than their bullshit meter. Sometimes it might just be a case of placing a bit too much faith in that person. Some people are incredibly adept at their trade. Thankfully, as time goes on here and cynicism grows, it's easier to spot the nefarious timewaster and avoid them

Making arrangements and not showing

By *antas_number_one_elfWoman  over a year ago

dublin

Time wasters to me are people I know in person who take some of my time and don’t do what they say or let me down last minute. What I don’t expect is, someone who adds nothing to my life, to oblige me in any way. Who cares if they don’t want to meet? Move on, next. They don’t owe me anything

All my friends and family know if they ask to pick them up or arrange a time.

For example, if we arrange it for 5 and they are not there.

I’m gone, il just drive away. I don’t care what excuses.

I’m probably seen as a time waster cause I’m single.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

On here...Blank profiles that post on the forums

By *isnameismargaretMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I got as far as someone's front door once and they wouldn't open it.

Sent a message saying someone had called to say they were on the way back. Then blocked me.

No harm at all that I'm not your cup of tea but Jesus, ask for a photo first before dragging someone to a different town only to decide on the doorstep.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I suppose to me it's people who say they want to meet but never actually do.It has happened before to me on here when I was first on and I realised pretty fast to not engage in sex talk or pics and that tends to make them move on fairly quick when they don't get any wank material.

Or people who don't show when they have agreed to a meet. I'm lucky as so far it has never happened to me.But it probably will at some point .

I'm not doing any new meets right now so I'm probably seen as one,but to be fair it is said twice on my profile .I also tell anyone that I reply to in the first message that I'm not,so anyone who keeps messaging thinking I will meet them after a couple of messages is just wasting their own time.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Anyone who feigns interest but has no intention of following thru on their (falsified) commitments.

Experiences of this type of individual in the past, means that they usually 'leak' their true nature and intentions, and can be 'binned' fairly quickly.

Crudely put, they are full of 'it'!

Dude, you don’t even have a photo?

What are you on about?

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

I think on here that nobody really owes you anything. So if somebody just wishes to engage in chat, that's fine, you don't have to engage. Others just like to swap pics/vids etc. again you dont have to engage if you dont wish to. They're not timewasters.

Those who agree to meet and don't show up, or those who cancel at the very last minute with very short notice...those are timewasters, in my opinion.

Thankfully, we've never experienced any yet!

"I think on here that nobody really owes you anything. So if somebody just wishes to engage in chat, that's fine, you don't have to engage. Others just like to swap pics/vids etc. again you dont have to engage if you dont wish to. They're not timewasters.

Those who agree to meet and don't show up, or those who cancel at the very last minute with very short notice...those are timewasters, in my opinion.

Thankfully, we've never experienced any yet!"

That’s actually what will happen if I stay, I can’t stop engaging, and I’m pretty confident eventually I will be considered an asshole….if I do, it’s been good though…A lot of good people here.

By *abcouple2022Couple  over a year ago

All around Mayo.

"As it says on a tin...

Lots of people talk about time wasters. What's your definition of a time waster?

Is it someone who turns up but changes their mind about wanting to have sex with you?

Basically what's a time waster to you? "

The first 4 you've listed we would definitely consider time wasters!

The last 2 not so much because at least they've turned up, people change their minds about having sex for any number of reasons and we don't really see a problem with people heading off an hour after having sex. Just our opinion.

Chatted to 2 "couples" well verified by people from here, complete time wasters, well I reckon they were a couple but broke up and now just the single guy operating the couples profile

By *eard and BoobsCouple  over a year ago

Portstewart

We would say that those who make plans for meeting with us and them either cancelling last min or just not turning up. Child care is expensive and can be hard to organise even if it's just a social at least they should give you notice if they decide there scared or whatever

We've cancelled twice at the very last minute and unfortunately it couldn't be avoided.

On the first occasion I was actually walking to the hotel when I got a call from my oldest's school to say he was ill and I had to collect him. Sorry but that's a no-brainer decision to make...my children will always come before any meet.

On the second occasion we were actually in the hotel and my period arrived unexpectedly - the joys of, at the time, being peri-menopausal.

If someone wants to call that time-wasting so be it. The truth is though that, despite best laid plans, life does get in the way sometimes.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"Chatted to 2 "couples" well verified by people from here, complete time wasters, well I reckon they were a couple but broke up and now just the single guy operating the couples profile"

We've had that too, sent face pics and all. Took ages for the penny to drop that they'd probably split up ages ago.

"Chatted to 2 "couples" well verified by people from here, complete time wasters, well I reckon they were a couple but broke up and now just the single guy operating the couples profile

We've had that too, sent face pics and all. Took ages for the penny to drop that they'd probably split up ages ago."

yep, chatted on kik, arranged to meet before vanilla, they, or he, even sent hotel booking screenshot!!!

By *ll about fun timeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/Wmeath

Says they need to get a taxi to the meet

Women who don't talk despite a bloke putting his best foot forward and using the excuse 'we get so many messages and it's hard to reply to them'. Heard that one a billion times here

It’s is as you reads I guess.. if someone makes you feel like you have put the effort in for no reward and therefore your time has been wasted

There are reason for some people having to change plans etc but when someone just block/disappears/ignores/doesn’t turn up that’s rude to say the least..

But if you feel that the effort is all one sided then that’s a sign that maybe you should have given up..

Many people will decide differently at what point they decide their time has been wasted

So I guess there is no catch all for the phrase

Jay

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Taking up a considerable amount of my time with no intention to meet or no capacity to meet at times or locations which one would consider reasonable

"Women who don't talk despite a bloke putting his best foot forward and using the excuse 'we get so many messages and it's hard to reply to them'. Heard that one a billion times here"

If they're not talking to you then how are they wasting your time?

Time wasters? What a post!! thanks to my pints of corrs light…fizzed up with the fancy full tall glass…gulping my 4th pint and expressing my experience here…

For me these lovely people who wants all the virtual fun with Bob the sailor and promises ya di yada , BUT never ever effing arrange any real meet. Sick psych of this virtual fake lads…Women ye all genius…don’t reply lol that’s grand nor ye don’t read my message that’s super grand. BAAT lads time to grow up. Say it loud…most of ye don’t want to meet and ye all just wank the fluid out when you feel horny…anyone who is not ready for social I call them as time ****ing wasters.

By *amson4DelilahCouple  over a year ago

ballina

Last minute let downs, is one, but come to think of it there are so much more..

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The one that arranges a meet and never turns up, no explanation no excuse, is the classic time waster imo.

Anyhow there's good chance to avoid any of those lined out in the opening post if you do your homework and use your brain. It's down to your selection process, the ability to read the clues in the profiles and behaviour and of course to keep a clear head and listen to your gut feeling.

Some use that allegation if they don't get what they want and often are the source of time wasting themselves.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

"Women who don't talk despite a bloke putting his best foot forward and using the excuse 'we get so many messages and it's hard to reply to them'. Heard that one a billion times here"

By that logic, your comment is a waste of my time on this thread!

I refer you to the Faq section to answer this

There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here

By *onster-ManMan  over a year ago

Dublin

So you learned nothing at all from the thread you started about this?

Also could it be you've heard that one "a billion times" because it's true?

Dublin

"Women who don't talk despite a bloke putting his best foot forward and using the excuse 'we get so many messages and it's hard to reply to them'. Heard that one a billion times here

Also could it be you've heard that one "a billion times" because it's true?"

Correction, you didn't start that thread, you just posted to it. My point stands otherwise.

The ones that I consider time-wasters reply to messages but don’t actually engage in the conversation so it just turns into an interview

By *latinumBlondWoman  over a year ago

"Last minute let downs, is one, but come to think of it there are so much more.. "

This

"The ones that I consider time-wasters reply to messages but don’t actually engage in the conversation so it just turns into an interview"

Why do you allow them to waste your time though? If they're not engaging in conversation with you surely that's sending a very strong message? Would you not just stop messaging at the first sign of their disinterest?

"As it says on a tin...

Basically what's a time waster to you? "

Timewasters ??? ..as the song says .. Welcome to the Jungle..I've gave my tuppence worth on Timewasters so I'll say no more but best avoided at all costs for your own well being .

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"If somebody called me a time waster at a dinner party.

It wouldn’t end well"

What if they called you angry???

Wexford

"Women who don't talk despite a bloke putting his best foot forward and using the excuse 'we get so many messages and it's hard to reply to them'. Heard that one a billion times here

Also could it be you've heard that one "a billion times" because it's true?"

Dose this quest for brownie points yield any actual results ? I ask as I notice you try very hard to score them

People who always talk about meeting but never do.

I have somebody that’s not even on fab who has made plans with me numerous times and I know every time she’ll cancel right before. Happened like 3 times already. They literally cancelled with me this morning and we were supposed to meet for a morning coffee !

I don’t mind people cancelling we all have real lives but when people don’t give you proper notice then that’s a real waste of time.

You had something come up ? No problem! You have cold feet ? You’re human and we’re both strangers I totally understand but for the love of god just let me know before I leave my house!

Those are just some of my icks

"The ones that I consider time-wasters reply to messages but don’t actually engage in the conversation so it just turns into an interview

Why do you allow them to waste your time though? If they're not engaging in conversation with you surely that's sending a very strong message? Would you not just stop messaging at the first sign of their disinterest?"

Bit of a mixed signal. You don’t know they’re a time waster until you’ve actually tried to get some convo out of them. Of course I stop talking once it becomes apparent they’re about as much craic as a DUP work do

Wexford

Time wasters... tbh we are all time wasters to others on here in one way or another.

I find it annoying when people Arrange a meet or say they want to arrange a meet but really all they want to do is send a load of texts and have company for a couple of days via the Internet. I personally think the term time wasters is banded around far too much and has little meaning. We can probably never know if another person is wasting our time are is nervous or something came up or any other reason

"Last minute let downs, is one, but come to think of it there are so much more..

This

"

Had a no show last night and also 2 weeks ago. Absolutely furious I was! Put the time and effort in and to be let down is frustrating!

Dublin

Also could it be you've heard that one "a billion times" because it's true?Dose this quest for brownie points yield any actual results ? I ask as I notice you try very hard to score them "

Do you have a substantive response to what I said?

Wexford

Also could it be you've heard that one "a billion times" because it's true?Dose this quest for brownie points yield any actual results ? I ask as I notice you try very hard to score them

Do you have a substantive response to what I said?"

I have a face wipe for the ass licking stains if its any good

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

There's a few people one here id even go as far as on this thread who have zero interest in meeting anyone for what ever reason mabey a wife or girlfriend who knows but just love the attention and the chase, when it comes to meeting they'll constantly makes excuses to why they can't in the hopes of keeping you interested for there own egotistical needs.....

Dublin

Also could it be you've heard that one "a billion times" because it's true?Dose this quest for brownie points yield any actual results ? I ask as I notice you try very hard to score them

I have a face wipe for the ass licking stains if its any good "

Do you keep those handy in case you ever manage to pull your head out of your arsehole?

A simple "no" would have sufficed, btw.

By *taylor122Man  over a year ago

dublin

This, 10000%

"Time wasters... tbh we are all time wasters to others on here in one way or another.

I find it annoying when people Arrange a meet or say they want to arrange a meet but really all they want to do is send a load of texts and have company for a couple of days via the Internet. I personally think the term time wasters is banded around far too much and has little meaning. We can probably never know if another person is wasting our time are is nervous or something came up or any other reason "

Not everyone here is a Timewaster, so don't tar everyone with the same brush,so I'll say it again not everyone here is a Timewaster, the genuine people will let the other person know if anything happens or changes.

"Last minute let downs, is one, but come to think of it there are so much more..

This

Had a no show last night and also 2 weeks ago. Absolutely furious I was! Put the time and effort in and to be let down is frustrating!"

Should never happen tbh.

By *issC_UseMeWoman  over a year ago

London & South Coast

I was called a time waster for suggesting a postponement when I realised the place I would be travelling from one the day would mean a 90+ minute journey, meaning I would end up with a grand total of about 30 minutes before having to turn straight round and go back. I mean, I know the guy was disappointed but he didn't have to be an arse about it. The cock would have to be fricking magical to be qorth a 3 hr round trip

By *pringbok95Couple  over a year ago

Limavady

For us definitely a no show. We work,have a family so free time is important to us. To give up our free time to make the effort to drive the distance etc to meet someone who has no intention of showing up that is big time a waste.

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Definitions may vary but (to me) a time waster is...

- Someone who chats with the intention of only chatting but doesn't have "not meeting' or "chats only" written on their profile

- Is someone who will chat, ask for yet never give out pics (no exchange of value)

- Someone or "couple" who expresses interest and will talk about meeting for more than 6 months but when a meet is mentioned will feed you back "soon" again and again...

- A "couple" who wants to meet but she either needs to be convinced about swinging by him or has a fantasy about "being chatted up by a stranger"

- No shows are of course time waster whether they organise a meet and ghost you or an hour after the meet time try and convince you that they were there and you weren't

I'm sure there's more to add to this list

By *exytvlegsTV/TS  over a year ago

North co dublin Ireland

I feel that someone or cpl that are all talk or make a date and time as you get there block you.its happens more than once to me.

Do you have a substantive response to what I said?"

sorry just seen this now as I'm not on here 24/7 as I have a life.

Do you have a substantive response to what I said? sorry just seen this now as I'm not on here 24/7 as I have a life. "

Also I'm not going for brownie points I'm just telling the truth of my experience on here with time wasters. You and a lot of others on here can't handle the truth.

By *taylor122Man  over a year ago

dublin

"

- Someone or "couple" who expresses interest and will talk about meeting for more than 6 months but when a meet is mentioned will feed you back "soon" again and again...

"

I’ve had this a few times, very disheartening and not the best for the mental health if honest

Do you have a substantive response to what I said? sorry just seen this now as I'm not on here 24/7 as I have a life. "

It wasn't directed at you

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

Also I'm not going for brownie points I'm just telling the truth of my experience on here with time wasters. You and a lot of others on here can't handle the truth."

What truth would that be. The truth you sprouted on your last few profiles about what you thought of the women on here before you left. How little regard you had for any woman on here is it ? A shiny new profile does not mean people forget what was said before by people on old profiles.

Maybe that could be the issue you have now rather than everyone else being wrong.

"

Also I'm not going for brownie points I'm just telling the truth of my experience on here with time wasters. You and a lot of others on here can't handle the truth.

What truth would that be. The truth you sprouted on your last few profiles about what you thought of the women on here before you left. How little regard you had for any woman on here is it ? A shiny new profile does not mean people forget what was said before by people on old profiles.

Maybe that could be the issue you have now rather than everyone else being wrong."

If you think I'm going to be lectured from a woman with her tits out in her pic you are sadly mistaken

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Someone who doesn't turn up. That's about it really.

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

Maybe that could be the issue you have now rather than everyone else being wrong.

If you think I'm going to be lectured from a woman with her tits out in her pic you are sadly mistaken"

I wouldn't waste my time I'm not a timewaster

"

If you think I'm going to be lectured from a woman with her tits out in her pic you are sadly mistaken"

And THIS is why you have no luck here

"

If you think I'm going to be lectured from a woman with her tits out in her pic you are sadly mistaken

And THIS is why you have no luck here "

Why cause I'm standing up for myself and not letting someone belittle me.

"

And THIS is why you have no luck here

Why cause I'm standing up for myself and not letting someone belittle me."

No, not at all. Because you could have said you're not going to be lectured by anyone. Instead you chose to say "by a woman with her tits out". What difference does that make?

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"

Wow. What a shitty attitude.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm just off to stable my white horse.

Apparently we aren't needed around here.

I actually lolled

Anyway, OP, to us a timewaster is someone who simply doesn't turn up for a meet. Persistent interaction with someone who isn't doing what you want them to - that's wasting your own time

By *ittlekinks38Woman  over a year ago

outside belfast x

Ohh for me it's several reasons really probably a good part of what you've said..

But for me it's the folk who chat for ages with the intentions of not meeting..they are kinda forming a friendship then just ghost ya...

Or the ones that meet you once and have fun but don't turn up the second time but they are coming to meet you then fall of the face of the earth on the night they are meeting you and others...with no message to say why? But insist on keep chatting and asking to meet again...you blew it second time buddy...

Or yeh the type that you have a friendship with 6 months of meeting then they are too busy (i mean still pretty much married)and others I've met several times and yet still manage to leave ya hanging even if it is for a coffee social cause your in their area...and their car manages to have issues..heard that all too many times..especially when am happy enough to pick them up...

So yeh basically people who waste your time and effort and not even much as a "sorry I can't make it message" even an hour before meeting would be nice ...not telling people your on your way and don't bother showing up!!!

Hence why I take lots of time off fab! Too many timewasters

Wexford

I have a face wipe for the ass licking stains if its any good

Do you keep those handy in case you ever manage to pull your head out of your arsehole?

A simple "no" would have sufficed, btw."

No

Wexford

"Time wasters... tbh we are all time wasters to others on here in one way or another.

I find it annoying when people Arrange a meet or say they want to arrange a meet but really all they want to do is send a load of texts and have company for a couple of days via the Internet. I personally think the term time wasters is banded around far too much and has little meaning. We can probably never know if another person is wasting our time are is nervous or something came up or any other reason

Not everyone here is a Timewaster, so don't tar everyone with the same brush,so I'll say it again not everyone here is a Timewaster, the genuine people will let the other person know if anything happens or changes. "

I'm sure you have been considered a time waster on here on some occasion do you think not ?

It may not have been an accurate assumption of you . My point was , its very easy for someone to think of another as a time waster given its so open to interpretation.

Wexford

"

Definitions may vary but (to me) a time waster is...

- Someone who chats with the intention of only chatting but doesn't have "not meeting' or "chats only" written on their profile

- Is someone who will chat, ask for yet never give out pics (no exchange of value)

- A "couple" who wants to meet but she either needs to be convinced about swinging by him or has a fantasy about "being chatted up by a stranger"

- No shows are of course time waster whether they organise a meet and ghost you or an hour after the meet time try and convince you that they were there and you weren't

I'm sure there's more to add to this list "

This sums it up v well

Wexford

Do you have a substantive response to what I said? sorry just seen this now as I'm not on here 24/7 as I have a life.

Also I'm not going for brownie points I'm just telling the truth of my experience on here with time wasters. You and a lot of others on here can't handle the truth."

You want the truth ... you can't handle the truth

By *onny1969Man  over a year ago

local

Time waster is just a euphemism for someone that irks somebody

Wexford

"

Dude . It seems your so caught up in being defensive that you are shooting yourself in the foot ,, which is dangerous considering its firmly in your mouth . Might be worth remembering why your here . To socialize!!!!

Maybe try being a lil more social

By *adger BrocMan  over a year ago

Co. Cork

"

Dude . It seems your so caught up in being defensive that you are shooting yourself in the foot ,, which is dangerous considering its firmly in your mouth . Might be worth remembering why your here . To socialize!!!!

Maybe try being a lil more social"

Good advice but wasted imho.

If you have to tell someone how to behave its already too late. They may disguise the bad behaviour for a while but it is part of their character and will resurface sooner or later.

A leopard never changes its spots.

Wexford

"

Maybe try being a lil more social

Good advice but wasted imho.

If you have to tell someone how to behave its already too late. They may disguise the bad behaviour for a while but it is part of their character and will resurface sooner or later.

A leopard never changes its spots."

I don't think I'd fully agree with that sometimes people act out because of difficulties in life or because they feel excluded, sometimes its easier to express anger than whatever your really feeling ... so I wouldn't make a call on a person based on their low points only . Imo

"

I'm confused on that basis you too have your dick out in your picture so what gives you the right to lecture us women

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

Hmmm...

Someone who clearly doesn't read my profile and messages me anyway.

Someone who is all talk and has no intention of ever meeting..I am not here for penpals!

Someone who cancels last minute without a valid excuse. Worse again you give them a second chance and they do it again! Seriously...

B x

"Hmmm...

Someone who is all talk and has no intention of ever meeting..I am not here for penpals!

Someone who cancels last minute without a valid excuse. Worse again you give them a second chance and they do it again! Seriously...

B x

The fact that happens is outrageous.

"

How did I miss this...

Just so it's clear....

I would like to be lectured exclusively by women with their tits out

"How did I miss this...

Just so it's clear....

I would like to be lectured exclusively by women with their tits out"

You called?

"Hmmm...

B x

"

That's the worst when in good faith you give them a second chance and very last minute they cancelled again with the most weak ass excuse. I know one poor fella here whose Granny died three times in one year always on a Saturday night funnily enough

By *olverineMan  over a year ago

ennis

I hour round trip last night for a no show, this lady called me a time waster, been chatting with her on and off for months, she said I had no intention of meeting her,called her bluff turned up she never saw it trough,

"Hmmm...

B x

That's the worst when in good faith you give them a second chance and very last minute they cancelled again with the most weak ass excuse. I know one poor fella here whose Granny died three times in one year always on a Saturday night funnily enough "

Jesus thats outrageous. 3 times!!

Poor nana!

"

"

Could you elaborate more on this point?

"How did I miss this...

Just so it's clear....

You called?"

They aren't out ffs

Could write a book. Mother died, family member just diagnosed with cancer, car broke down, broke my toe, worked called have to go in now.

The worst is when you ask more than once are they single, yes I share a house etc why I don't accom, then get sorry wife has come home from night out so can't meet now

By *irdyxWoman  over a year ago

dublin/ Birmingham

I'm always being called a time wasters by single males who pm for a meets I'm not looking for .

I have a job family and home I meet when I feel like it and if I have free time .

Vanilla life is busy.

"

Could you elaborate more on this point? "

I will give you examples they add you on kik and all they want is pictures they never want to meet or you're chatting to them and ask to meet for coffee. Suddenly this guy who said he was very single and looking forward to meeting actually turned out to be happily married and was just on Fab for the chats!

"How did I miss this...

Just so it's clear....

You called?

They aren't out ffs"

It's cold today ffs

"How did I miss this...

Just so it's clear....

You called?

They aren't out ffs

It's cold today ffs"

Time waster

"

I will give you examples they add you on kik and all they want is pictures they never want to meet or you're chatting to them and ask to meet for coffee. Suddenly this guy who said he was very single and looking forward to meeting actually turned out to be happily married and was just on Fab for the chats!

"

Thanks Rosy, I can relax now knowing I haven’t wasted anyones time here, according to opinions posted here, regardless of what others think of me.

"

Thanks Rosy, I can relax now knowing I haven’t wasted anyones time here, according to opinions posted here, regardless of what others think of me. "

The term time waster gets thrown around here all the time. Recently a guy called me a time waster over my very sarcastic reply to him being pulled over on the hard shoulder near Junction 14 and looking to meet. Apparently me replying saying I love nothing more than blowing randomers off the Internet on the Motorway was feeding his hopes that I was going to pop over to relieve his erection

By *ndqtMan  over a year ago

The Wild West

LOL.... I've heard of "asking the universe" Roise, but that takes beating right there.... LOL... some carry on

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

I get if your here just to chat and use the forum page with zero interest in meeting anyone and that's fine no worries with that but at least say that on your profile, it's the one's who have stated there looking to meet but just make excuses after excuses as to why they can't it's wasting my time and id rather spend it on the genuine people who do...

By *on Juan the MADridMan  over a year ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

Time waster is someone promising a meet up and putting it back forever, even worse if a last minute cancellation happens… then it calls “disrespect”.

By *ndqtMan  over a year ago

The Wild West

"I get if your here just to chat and use the forum page with zero interest in meeting anyone and that's fine no worries with that but at least say that on your profile, it's the one's who have stated there looking to meet but just make excuses after excuses as to why they can't it's wasting my time and id rather spend it on the genuine people who do..."

Especially when they bring cakes and help you eat them... LOL

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

"

"

Exactly this pic collectors who are all talk...keep messaging you wanting to meet. Then when you agree (and my time is very limited busy job/kids etc) they don't have a minute. If I can make time in my busy life I cannot understand why you can't.

My conclusion is you never intended in meeting in the first place

If you clearly state on your profile you are here just for the chats/ forums that is completely different

B x

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

Personally it's someone who wants a coffee meet first but wants to chat for 2 weeks before that...

I've had a meet after 4 hours (ok that was a once off) and I don't need much to arrange a coffee

Don't have the time

By *olverineMan  over a year ago

ennis

Was chatting with a lady from different site after Christmas everything going well chatting on the phone, I was mad busy with work at the time emergency work for over a week 12 hours shift, she was fine about it, so things went back to normal for me so I ask to meet up,that did not suit, keep in touch,but things did not sit right with me about her..very weekend ihad my child she was all talk.. but the weekend I was free not a word so set up a date during a week day with her massage in the morning still OK for tonight yes I said, got back great..know that it was not right, at about 3 that day she had pulled out again, so I just said take care not putting up with your bs anymore..two months chatting for nothing..

By *amson4DelilahCouple  over a year ago

ballina

Ones that don't read the profile.. & then they are attached and cannot meet anyway...

By *ind PaddyMan  over a year ago

South County Dublin

"Time wasters to me are people I know in person who take some of my time and don’t do what they say or let me down last minute. What I don’t expect is, someone who adds nothing to my life, to oblige me in any way. Who cares if they don’t want to meet? Move on, next. They don’t owe me anything "

Well there must be at least 7 or more replies who are no longer on site. Nothing worse than been let down by so called friends. If they do not want to met there lost. You hold you head high, you are very attractive.

By *ixedAestheticMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"

Exactly this pic collectors who are all talk...keep messaging you wanting to meet. Then when you agree (and my time is very limited busy job/kids etc) they don't have a minute. If I can make time in my busy life I cannot understand why you can't.

My conclusion is you never intended in meeting in the first place

If you clearly state on your profile you are here just for the chats/ forums that is completely different

B x"

I'd agree with this. Nothing wrong with people who want pen pals. Just don't mislead people who are looking for meets/socials into your own little fantasy when you're in Botswana and will never be within 100km of Dublin lol.

Obviously, I think we can all agree that what constitutes "timewasting" is going to depend on the individual. People are here for different kicks

By *taylor122Man 41 weeks ago

dublin

Just bubbling this thread back again.

Is it just me or does there seem to be an uptick in the amount of time wasters on here ?

By *MCOUPLECouple 41 weeks ago

North Coast

"Just bubbling this thread back again.

Is it just me or does there seem to be an uptick in the amount of time wasters on here ?

"

100% yes. We had wanted a meet this week. Had it on the meet’s calendar for a week prior and despite many many many offers nobody would commit for a whole plethora of reasons. Very very frustrating given how limited we ourselves with time for fun.

By *ogladyWoman 41 weeks ago

The bog

For me I was half way to Galway for a meet then he decided he couldn't meet then another today decided to go drinking last night and want me to sit here waiting to see if he would be recovered enough or not to meet.. so to me there time wasters..

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 29/07/23 19:56:40]

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

"For me I was half way to Galway for a meet then he decided he couldn't meet then another today decided to go drinking last night and want me to sit here waiting to see if he would be recovered enough or not to meet.. so to me there time wasters.."

Seriously? I really can’t get over how ridiculously some people behave towards others. The hangover one takes the biscuit.

By *itemeagainMan 41 weeks ago

Wexford

"Just bubbling this thread back again.

"

Thats what that radio interview did

By *taylor122Man 40 weeks ago

dublin

"For me I was half way to Galway for a meet then he decided he couldn't meet then another today decided to go drinking last night and want me to sit here waiting to see if he would be recovered enough or not to meet.. so to me there time wasters.."

That’s shocking

By *1CorkCouple 40 weeks ago

Cork

After a lot of great positive and enthusiastic messaging, we had meet organised for week just gone, checked to confirm that morning, and got a wishy-washy “I should be” response. We know from experience that a change in tone with qualified responses is someone backing out. In the past we’ve gone ahead in hope and been stood up.

You just have to accept that you have to waste a lot of time with many profiles here, in order to have the time of your life with some great people from this site.

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 40 weeks ago

kinkytown

Our definition of a time waster is simple. Message for weeks finally sort a day where we can meet for a social and radio silence. Message we're there... Nothing. See they have been online still radio silence. Get a piss poor excuse after saying sorry something came up, blah blah blah. Has happened twice from well verified fabbers. One even messaged us after we came back and had apparently forgot what they had done.

By *jwexladMan 40 weeks ago

new ross

I’ve been accused of being a time waster by a lady who I’d never spoken to before

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

I’d say a time wasters is someone who arranges a meet but doesn’t show up and doesn’t let you know why they didn’t show up.

Somebody who doesn’t want to have sex with me I don’t see as a time wasters, mostly because the first meet is only ever going to be a social one.

"If somebody called me a time waster at a dinner party.

It wouldn’t end well

What if they called you angry??? "

Why?

By *SinfullyCuriousCouple 40 weeks ago

Co. Antrim

For us it is someone who agrees to meet and doesn't turn up or cancels last minute or doesn't reply to messages when you are confirming time and location to meet

Co. Antrim

"Our definition of a time waster is simple. Message for weeks finally sort a day where we can meet for a social and radio silence. Message we're there... Nothing. See they have been online still radio silence. Get a piss poor excuse after saying sorry something came up, blah blah blah. Has happened twice from well verified fabbers. One even messaged us after we came back and had apparently forgot what they had done. "

Feeling your pain. People can be hard work sometimes

Co. Antrim

"

And THIS is why you have no luck here "

He's definitely a waste of time. Can't even treat women with respect

By *angtasticallyMan 40 weeks ago

Drogheda

I've you have arrange to meet you should up hold your arrangement it speak volumes about who you are

But I suppose sometime life can so up at funny time but a simple text to rearrange are to explain is all so good manners to

By *kuedMan 40 weeks ago

Derry

People who don't turn up or stop texting the day before.....

If u arrange, u always have to turn up....

By *eijaWoman 40 weeks ago

City Centre

Recently penpals...people who talk the talk but can't walk the walk...major gripe of mine people wasting my time. If I say I'm going to do something I will.

B x

A Timewaster can be anything..being a Timewaster is a huge umbrella that covers a multitude, the only thing to have to do with one is absolutely nothing but the sad part of it you don't a Timewaster until it's too late .

By *ymbunny2016Man 40 weeks ago

Bangor

People who arrange to meet you, then disappear on the day in question!

By *amesy6918Man 40 weeks ago

newry

Agreed

» Add a new message to this topic