FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Spin DJ

Spin DJ

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adger Broc OP   Man  over a year ago

Co. Cork

Should AIB hire a DJ to put a spin on their reason for massive debt write off's?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ha ha I like it

The DJ would be scratching like a Cat on the wheels of steel!

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

"Ha ha I like it

The DJ would be scratching like a Cat on the wheels of steel! "

I have to say, it's funny how the "mainstream media" have so easily distracted so many with this story!

I'd go as far as to say the main protagonist is very happy too, as its a nothing story. Especially considering the bigger story will probably see him get jailed!

Eh, this was not an isolated event, there were many well-connected people who got massive write-downs, it's not news, simply a way for the media to keep hounding someone in subversion of the order preventing them being named elsewhere - shoddy and dubious practice at best.

Co. Cork

"Ha ha I like it

The DJ would be scratching like a Cat on the wheels of steel! "

Being a red blooded Rebel it took me a while to get the Kat bit.....very good.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Eh, this was not an isolated event, there were many well-connected people who got massive write-downs, it's not news, simply a way for the media to keep hounding someone in subversion of the order preventing them being named elsewhere - shoddy and dubious practice at best."

I'm of two minds about this tbh.

Yes, I understand what you're saying and don't disagree entirely.

However, after the crash many small businesses were hounded by AIB over debts that were a small fraction of the debt in this case.

I number myself among them. When the shit hit the fan and cash flow just disappeared they refused to even renegotiate the monthly payments on a very small term loan that I had been forced to take out when they decided to cancel my overdraft. .

A close friend of mine who was being chased for money that he didn't have at the time eventually decided to go down the route of personal insolvency but AIB objected as he owed them over €100k at the time. He committed suicide soon after as he couldn't deal with the constant pressure from AIB in particular.

Another friend had bought an investment property that ended up in negative equity and they struggled with repayments when it switched from interest only payments to interest and capital repayments. A property advisor advised them that in two years time they'd be back at break even as the prices were starting to rise. AIB forced them to sell at the time despite this, and then took legal action to get the €25k that was outstanding.

If at the same time they were offering debt reduction of that scale to some, but nothing at all to others, I personally want to hear why or how they made the decisions.

I can understand the debt write downs in relation to construction firms that were trying to get up and running again and make a valuable contribution to the national economy but DJ didn't fall into that category.

Co. Cork

"Ha ha I like it

The DJ would be scratching like a Cat on the wheels of steel!

I have to say, it's funny how the "mainstream media" have so easily distracted so many with this story!

I'd go as far as to say the main protagonist is very happy too, as its a nothing story. Especially considering the bigger story will probably see him get jailed!

"

The "donors" in the "bigger story" mostly have only themselves to blame for being blinded by sports stardom.

AIB on the other hand, as a state controlled bank, have the taxpayers of Ireland to answer to. The main stream media have a moral obligation to keep us informed.

Less ass licking, of those with power, and more ass kicking, of those who do wrong, is what's required to discourage corruption in all areas of society.

"Call it out to stamp it out"

Well done main stream media.

Hopefully the connections between him, the GAA and AIB get exposed. Too many ex county players in middle and higher management within AIB. It’s a proper ‘boys club’ .

"Eh, this was not an isolated event, there were many well-connected people who got massive write-downs, it's not news, simply a way for the media to keep hounding someone in subversion of the order preventing them being named elsewhere - shoddy and dubious practice at best.

However, after the crash many small businesses were hounded by AIB over debts that were a small fraction of the debt in this case.

I number myself among them. When the shit hit the fan and cash flow just disappeared they refused to even renegotiate the monthly payments on a very small term loan that I had been forced to take out when they decided to cancel my overdraft. .

A close friend of mine who was being chased for money that he didn't have at the time eventually decided to go down the route of personal insolvency but AIB objected as he owed them over €100k at the time. He committed suicide soon after as he couldn't deal with the constant pressure from AIB in particular.

Another friend had bought an investment property that ended up in negative equity and they struggled with repayments when it switched from interest only payments to interest and capital repayments. A property advisor advised them that in two years time they'd be back at break even as the prices were starting to rise. AIB forced them to sell at the time despite this, and then took legal action to get the €25k that was outstanding.

If at the same time they were offering debt reduction of that scale to some, but nothing at all to others, I personally want to hear why or how they made the decisions.

I can understand the debt write downs in relation to construction firms that were trying to get up and running again and make a valuable contribution to the national economy but DJ didn't fall into that category. "

Banks will pursue a small debt til the cows come home and write off the big ones. Often the big spenders and celebs are the ones with the most brass neck to hold out too.

Lucan

"Eh, this was not an isolated event, there were many well-connected people who got massive write-downs, it's not news, simply a way for the media to keep hounding someone in subversion of the order preventing them being named elsewhere - shoddy and dubious practice at best.

I can understand the debt write downs in relation to construction firms that were trying to get up and running again and make a valuable contribution to the national economy but DJ didn't fall into that category.

Banks will pursue a small debt til the cows come home and write off the big ones. Often the big spenders and celebs are the ones with the most brass neck to hold out too."

Yes, totally agree with that.

AIB weren't a normal bank though. They were state owned. This puts them into an entirely different category from normal commercial banks.

Banks will pursue a small debt til the cows come home and write off the big ones. Often the big spenders and celebs are the ones with the most brass neck to hold out too.

AIB weren't a normal bank though. They were state owned. This puts them into an entirely different category from normal commercial banks. "

Oh I agree with you on that. I'm just skeptical about the sudden concern years later on the part of the meejya and the focus on one particular scapegoat and it's timing

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

On a sort of related thing

Bertie back in FF in time to stand againt Gerry Adams

Marcus Sweeney still living the high life and on the front of the Indo yesterday

DJ just another in a long line

Lucan

AIB weren't a normal bank though. They were state owned. This puts them into an entirely different category from normal commercial banks.

Oh I agree with you on that. I'm just skeptical about the sudden concern years later on the part of the meejya and the focus on one particular scapegoat and it's timing"

Maybe the Indo has discovered he's a member of SF?

Lucan

"On a sort of related thing

Marcus Sweeney still living the high life and on the front of the Indo yesterday

"

I wonder will Bertie win big in Cheltenham again?

By *nicksjohnTV/TS  over a year ago

Sligo

why is it only coming to light 4 years after the right down and the same week as the sports person collected for cancer

Is there a connection

The West

"

Not to mention the holier than thou Theresa Lowe and Frank McNamara.

When Shane Filan filed for bankruptcy and walked away from €23m in debt all we ever got in papers was "my bankruptcy hell" and poor Shane stories.

Lucan

When Shane Filan filed for bankruptcy and walked away from €23m in debt all we ever got in papers was "my bankruptcy hell" and poor Shane stories."

There is a distinction to be made between what commercial banks do, such as Ulster Bank in the above case, and what a state owned bank like AIB does. They are entirely different enterprises and answer to entirely different people.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I dont have a problem with people having money written off....there's only so much you can do if you're fucked by bad debt

Its the underhand way that certain members of society get given favours that pisses me off

Let everyone do it in public with court appointed officials and stop chasing people that can't pay to their death

Even now DJ is believed to be in a hospital after fears for his safety .....I only want him to explain himself not take his own life

The West

When Shane Filan filed for bankruptcy and walked away from €23m in debt all we ever got in papers was "my bankruptcy hell" and poor Shane stories.

There is a distinction to be made between what commercial banks do, such as Ulster Bank in the above case, and what a state owned bank like AIB does. They are entirely different enterprises and answer to entirely different people. "

A huge chunk of Fillans debt was with AIB, he maxed out there before going to town on Ulster Bank.

But poor Shane, he lost his fortune from Westlife speculating on property in Leitrim.

All depends on who is controlling the narrative. The Killkenny man didnt get a PR team on it like the Sligo man did!

Lucan

There is a distinction to be made between what commercial banks do, such as Ulster Bank in the above case, and what a state owned bank like AIB does. They are entirely different enterprises and answer to entirely different people.

A huge chunk of Fillans debt was with AIB, he maxed out there before going to town on Ulster Bank.

But poor Shane, he lost his fortune from Westlife speculating on property in Leitrim.

All depends on who is controlling the narrative. The Killkenny man didnt get a PR team on it like the Sligo man did!"

To be fair now, given the circumstances, I think he's doing alright in terms of pr at the moment.

The West

"

To be fair now, given the circumstances, I think he's doing alright in terms of pr at the moment. "

I couldn't care much for him anyway. A devious streak in those two siblings, obviously.

But it is interesting how the narrative can be controlled, and you can either get the villain or the poor me story.

Lucan

"

To be fair now, given the circumstances, I think he's doing alright in terms of pr at the moment.

I couldn't care much for him anyway. A devious streak in those two siblings, obviously.

But it is interesting how the narrative can be controlled, and you can either get the villain or the poor me story."

I don't think I've ever heard him being portrayed as a villain really though. He's not really being portrayed as one in this case. The bank is.

I can understand the debt write downs in relation to construction firms that were trying to get up and running again and make a valuable contribution to the national economy but DJ didn't fall into that category. "

Unfortunately a story that can be told my many, cancer, suicide, depression, broken marriages because aib wouldnt negotiate with people.

Wonder if the sister negotiated for him

Co. Cork

Also took a toll on some mid management and lower level staff who had to deal with the front line situation.

» Add a new message to this topic