FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Sexually transmitted infection

Sexually transmitted infection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lue eyes OP   Man  over a year ago

cavan

Three thousand two hundred cases reported for the first seven weeks of the year!

Huge numbers, frightening when you sit and think about it .

And according to the news home test kits are unacccurat for some infection.

How often do you test and would it put you off meeting people who haven't tested lately.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People not using condoms?

Last tested before xnas haven't been sexually active since Oct. Regularly tested and have used the sh24 kits and attended the gum clinic, people should be more aware of testing regularly

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Elderly daters have a very high infection rate for STIs that are now becoming increasingly untreatable due to worldwideantibiotic resistance, principally caused by overprescription and widespread use in intensive farming business

Elderly folk also more frequently go bareback.

Last tested end of October. We haven't had sex with anyone except each other since August though

This is my soapbox to die on.

It's all good fun and just adult good times until someone gets horrendously or incurably ill or a 'loved one' does.

More horrifying is that those figures are only the ones reported.

Multiply out for the untested or undetected and that's the true horror story.

Ignorance of how little those kits catch. Ignorance of testing mouth/throat.

People choosing to potentially pass on who knows what.... they either don't know or don't care.

Bringing it home to unsuspecting innocent spouses or children or elderly relatives or those who share accommodation or facilities. Who tests before kissing others or their kids goodnight?

Who out of all who test waits the 2 weeks incubation without being sexual with anyone between new partners?

There are folk meeting different people several nights a week according to veris.

People at events/parties... you play with a half dozen, they play with a half dozen more yadda yadda. One night and you'll have had sexual contact by 2nd/3rd hand that numbers in three figures.

Covid taught folk nothing, kissing all around at any moving target, it's not only full penetrative sex to be mindful of.

Grim doesn't really cover it.

But perhaps I'm in the minority on here as far as promiscuity goes.... "It's a sex site!!!!"

By *ORBCouple  over a year ago

Dundalk

Both tested 6 months ago but neither of us has had sex with anyone else in 3 years and not even with each other in about 3 months.

By *lue eyes OP   Man  over a year ago

cavan

"This is my soapbox to die on.

It's all good fun and just adult good times until someone gets horrendously or incurably ill or a 'loved one' does.

People choosing to potentially pass on who knows what.... they either don't know or don't care.

Bringing it home to unsuspecting innocent spouses or children or elderly relatives or those who share accommodation or facilities. Who tests before kissing others or their kids goodnight?

Who out of all who test waits the 2 weeks incubation without being sexual with anyone between new partners?

There are folk meeting different people several nights a week according to veris.

People at events/parties... you play with a half dozen, they play with a half dozen more yadda yadda. One night and you'll have had sexual contact by 2nd/3rd hand that numbers in three figures.

Covid taught folk nothing, kissing all around at any moving target, it's not only full penetrative sex to be mindful of.

But perhaps I'm in the minority on here as far as promiscuity goes.... "It's a sex site!!!!""

This is the frightening side of fab!

People need to be made more aware and test regular.

You may not worry about your sexual partner or partners but think about your direct family.

Thats why you should always use a jonny for everything apart from oral and non penatrative of course and unless its with someone who your in a long term relationship with

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman  over a year ago

Naughty Lane

I don't even have sex as often as I've been tested

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Erm 3 partners since the last test. We are due. Will order the kit thanks for the reminder.

Its not jus on fab ...

Unsafe safe with random people is Russian roulette and reeks on lack of education and self respect..Sexual health is everyone's responsibility.

Sh24.ie

No excuses not to be tested regularly even if playing safe...

East / North, Cork

I wonder if cases are REALLY up that much or are we just testing more and so seeing positives that have been in the wild a while.

I wouldn't be TOO quick to hysteria. We have our hepatitis vaccine, and regular testing will pick up the most common other ones, most of which are simple enough to treat except hiv which is ridiculously unlikely to conttact from vaginal sex and not the death sentence it once was. Still... condoms reduce the tiny risk to statistical irrelevance. No need to freak out.

It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

It's not only STIs either, it's all viruses and infections.

I know of someone who had a highly highly infectious non-sexual disease and they continued with socials and their spouse continued to meet with men.

It's intimate contact without any common sense.

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

Its weird that this subject comes up today. I'm literally just after getting my test results back from the doctors. All clear again thankfully. I use my local GP because unfortunately the home tests aren't available here and our local clinic is a bit rubbish since covid. I think I prefer using my GP at this stage. She knows me and I don't trust myself to do the home test properly.

"I wonder if cases are REALLY up that much or are we just testing more and so seeing positives that have been in the wild a while.

I wouldn't be TOO quick to hysteria. We have our hepatitis vaccine, and regular testing will pick up the most common other ones, most of which are simple enough to treat except hiv which is ridiculously unlikely to conttact from vaginal sex and not the death sentence it once was. Still... condoms reduce the tiny risk to statistical irrelevance. No need to freak out."

This, and tbh isn't it better that numbers of people testing are up, heard them saying today numbers are up.because of dating sites on last year, well course they are , we have literally been locked down for 3 years.

The sh24 service is great and now that it's available for all counties is great.

"It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

I know of someone who had a highly highly infectious non-sexual disease and they continued with socials and their spouse continued to meet with men.

It's intimate contact without any common sense."

What highly highly infectious non-sexual disease am I going to contract at a Fab social that I couldn’t pick up in Sainsburys, the pub,

or sitting in the office at work?

"It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

What highly highly infectious non-sexual disease am I going to contract at a Fab social that I couldn’t pick up in Sainsburys, the pub,

or sitting in the office at work? "

I guess you're more likely to be closer to people at socials than those other instances: hugs, kisses, chatting with multiple people

By *rAndMrsRightCouple  over a year ago

newtownabbey

"It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

I guess you're more likely to be closer to people at socials than those other instances: hugs, kisses, chatting with multiple people "

Non fab night out in any bar seems to be posing same risks...

East / North, Cork

"It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

It's intimate contact without any common sense."

All intimate contact is inherently risky (even for tested people). Not wearing a mask is a risk. Obviously risk can be minimised, but different people have different levels of risk aversion and so we all draw the line depending on our own comfort levels.

"It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

I guess you're more likely to be closer to people at socials than those other instances: hugs, kisses, chatting with multiple people

"

For a lot of people,no doubt yeah. I was taking a punt at what the difference might be for some.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple  over a year ago

newtownabbey

"It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

For a lot of people,no doubt yeah. I was taking a punt at what the difference might be for some. "

I know xx

Just pointing out that fab social night is exactly the same as any other night in any bar in any country.

Some people imagine fab socials to be some kind of borderline orgies

By *ford dudeMan  over a year ago

County

I get tested at least every 3 months. Do a mix between sh24 and gum clinic. Mild hypochondriac so prefer to get checked regularly. Better to find something early and not spread it than the alternative. Thankfully never had a problem and hope to stay that way.

It's mostly common sense really and since you can get tests free, there's no excuse!

"It's not hysteria.

It's not pious.

It's common sense.

For a lot of people,no doubt yeah. I was taking a punt at what the difference might be for some.

I know xx

Just pointing out that fab social night is exactly the same as any other night in any bar in any country.

Some people imagine fab socials to be some kind of borderline orgies "

Ain't that the truth

If you talk to your "muggle" friends, I bet most of them will never have had an sti test and if they did it was probably only once

I think the swing community would be significantly more likely to have regular tests and use jonnies.

If we see a pic or video of a single going bareback we wouldnt even consider meeting them for example.

Mrs S

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"

"

Which home test kits? Have you a link to an article?

By *uess.who30Man  over a year ago

City

Coming out of a few years where millions if not a billion or 2 didn't protect themselves or others against a virus that was known to be killing others... are we really suprised... really?

[Removed by poster at 23/02/23 23:19:46]

But perhaps I'm in the minority on here as far as promiscuity goes.... "It's a sex site!!!!""

Oh dear and the profile is hidden

"Three thousand two hundred cases reported for the first seven weeks of the year!

How often do you test and would it put you off meeting people who haven't tested lately."

Op not sure if your figures are correct

And what news your reading or listening too

But would the same not be said for any transmissible infections that are in circulation at the moment

And god knows we don’t know what’s coming down the track

By *rinibooWoman  over a year ago

clare

If anything people on this site are more aware of getting tested . I have friends who have never been to a clinic or do a at home test . My last test was Christmas next one in next few weeks as due a smear

"If anything people on this site are more aware of getting tested . I have friends who have never been to a clinic or do a at home test . My last test was Christmas next one in next few weeks as due a smear "

Get that done girl

L

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Three thousand two hundred cases reported for the first seven weeks of the year!

How often do you test and would it put you off meeting people who haven't tested lately.

Op not sure if your figures are correct

And what news your reading or listening too

But would the same not be said for any transmissible infections that are in circulation at the moment

And god knows we don’t know what’s coming down the track "

This data is readily available on the HPSC website as STI's are notifiable diseases.

But perhaps I'm in the minority on here as far as promiscuity goes.... "It's a sex site!!!!"

Oh dear and the profile is hidden "

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Tested with Sh24 about two weeks ago. Top tip: don't use ring finger to draw blood for the test! Ouch. Index is far less painful

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

"Thats why you should always use a jonny for everything apart from oral and non penatrative of course and unless its with someone who your in a long term relationship with"

I've read somewhere that stis like clamidya, warts etc.. can be spread without condoms. How true this is I'm not certain but I think I've read it before.

"Thats why you should always use a jonny for everything apart from oral and non penatrative of course and unless its with someone who your in a long term relationship with

I've read somewhere that stis like clamidya, warts etc.. can be spread without condoms. How true this is I'm not certain but I think I've read it before. "

Syphilis, herpes and HPV can all be contracted even when using a condom for intercourse. Many stis can spread via oral or rimming without protection. HPV infection is linked to throat as well as penile and cervical cancers. Regardless of whether or not condoms are used, anyone who is non- monogamous should be getting tested regularly.

There is no test for herpes or hpv though, many people have hsv1 and hsv2 and carry on as normal same with hpv many people have multiple strains of it and know no different, they might live happily and healthily with it but the person they pass it onto could take a bad reaction and get cancer.. Everyone who is sexually active has at least 1 strain of hpv its that contagious

"There is no test for herpes or hpv though, many people have hsv1 and hsv2 and carry on as normal same with hpv many people have multiple strains of it and know no different, they might live happily and healthily with it but the person they pass it onto could take a bad reaction and get cancer.. Everyone who is sexually active has at least 1 strain of hpv its that contagious "

HPV is tested for as part of regular cervical screening though, and the HPV vaccine is offered as a routine part of NHS vaccination programme which will reduce the risks for those in the younger generation

Worth pointing out too that you can have hpv without being sexually active

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"People not using condoms? "

Oral fluid condom issues etc . I'd say not wearing condoms isn't the only factor

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"Thats why you should always use a jonny for everything apart from oral and non penatrative of course and unless its with someone who your in a long term relationship with

I've read somewhere that stis like clamidya, warts etc.. can be spread without condoms. How true this is I'm not certain but I think I've read it before.

Syphilis, herpes and HPV can all be contracted even when using a condom for intercourse. Many stis can spread via oral or rimming without protection. HPV infection is linked to throat as well as penile and cervical cancers. Regardless of whether or not condoms are used, anyone who is non- monogamous should be getting tested regularly."

This

"There is no test for herpes or hpv though, many people have hsv1 and hsv2 and carry on as normal same with hpv many people have multiple strains of it and know no different, they might live happily and healthily with it but the person they pass it onto could take a bad reaction and get cancer.. Everyone who is sexually active has at least 1 strain of hpv its that contagious

HPV is tested for as part of regular cervical screening though, and the HPV vaccine is offered as a routine part of NHS vaccination programme which will reduce the risks for those in the younger generation "

I'm talking about a regular sti screening with bloods and urine samples taken, they don't test for herpes and hpv. I have reservations about that hpv vaccine so many reports of teenage girls taking bad reactions to it

"Worth pointing out too that you can have hpv without being sexually active"

Some people have warts on their hands.. That's a form of hpv not sexually transmitted though, skin to skin contact is all that's needed to transmit hpv

By *icker434Man  over a year ago

Limerick/Clare

Sh24 is quite slow to receive the test. Can't moan since its free I suppose. Any good clinics in Limerick besides the hospital?

By *arkfemparadiseTV/TS  over a year ago

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 25/02/23 15:55:58]

By *arkfemparadiseTV/TS  over a year ago

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 25/02/23 15:56:15]

By *izzesTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin south

True. You can get it through oral sex, wanking, rubbing etc. Condoms reduce the risk , but not entirely. Also rarely hear someone using condoms for oral or handjobs.

Dublin south

It used to be very fast, but now mine which was dispatched 12 days ago still did not arrive. Before it would arrive after like 2 days. To be fair, they wrote in an sms there are delays from the UK, but unaware why. Hopefully this will not be a norm.

Dublin south

"It used to be very fast, but now mine which was dispatched 12 days ago still did not arrive. Before it would arrive after like 2 days. To be fair, they wrote in an sms there are delays from the UK, but unaware why. Hopefully this will not be a norm.

"

Just found out there are strikes at Royal Mail so post from UK is delayed.. https://www.thejournal.ie/an-post-delays-post-uk-royal-mail-5965169-Jan2023/ Better to then go to a local clinic for the time being. Otherwise sh24 is great.

East / North, Cork

I was told by one of the nurses at the clinic that they don't test for hpv because it's so common that nearly everyone would test positive.

Dublin south

"Sh24 is quite slow to receive the test. Can't moan since its free I suppose. Any good clinics in Limerick besides the hospital? "

There is a delay with mail from UK so probably better go to a local clinic. Answering again as I did not quote my previous reaponse. No idea bout limerick though.

Dublin south

I've read somewhere that stis like clamidya, warts etc.. can be spread without condoms. How true this is I'm not certain but I think I've read it before. "

You are correct. Close contact in that area, handjobs, oral can transmit these (chlamydia, gonorrhea). Responded without quoting before so writing again.

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Last test 2nd week December 2022 haven't had sex since then.

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

The lack of awareness of the ease of transmission is quite scary.

People in this lifestyle should be much more aware of the risks in ALL encounters.

It is far easier, quicker and cheaper to get tested these days. You may need a swingfone for the test results though

"I was told by one of the nurses at the clinic that they don't test for hpv because it's so common that nearly everyone would test positive. "

There are over 100 types of hpv, most are harmless some produce warts, some types cause cancer of the penis, vagina, anus and throat, this is what is causing women to develop cancer of the cervix, there has also been an explosion in throat cancers in recent years.

And then there are sex toys.

A recent pic posted of a private party had them scattered on the floor.

Do folk bring and only use their own? Somehow I doubt it.

Is there a party organiser designated to clean them before they get inserted in the next party player? Does ANYONE clean them during the party or after? Or maybe they just get used over and over all day and night and next day and night and then binned?

Do they put a condom on a dildo before or after it's used in someone else's ass or vagina?

If meeting 1-1 would you let someone use their toys on you?

"And then there are sex toys.

Is there a party organiser designated to clean them before they get inserted in the next party player? Does ANYONE clean them during the party or after? Or maybe they just get used over and over all day and night and next day and night and then binned?

Do they put a condom on a dildo before or after it's used in someone else's ass or vagina?

"

Sh24 did take ages to arrive i must admit

6-7 weeks

Tested Wednesday

Posted Thur

Text to say arrived Sat

Text to indicate negative Sunday morning literally reading this topic

Status update Timmy is clean

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"Sh24 is quite slow to receive the test. Can't moan since its free I suppose. Any good clinics in Limerick besides the hospital? "

Family planning clinic Mallow st limerick ring first for an appointment

East / North, Cork

"The lack of awareness of the ease of transmission is quite scary.

People in this lifestyle should be much more aware of the risks in ALL encounters.

"

The ease of transmission depends on what sex you are, what you're doing, and what STI it is. Just to out some numbers on this...

For example a man having completely unprotected full vaginal sex with a woman who has full blown untreated hiv has approx 4 in 10,000 chance of getting the infection per time.

By far the highest risk with hiv is unprotected receptive anal sex, which has a transmission rate of about about 138 in every 10,000 sessions.

The rate of transmission from one sexual encounter per sex act with a chlamydia-positive individual is approx. 4.5 %, but this rate is slightly higher for receptive sex.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I often wonder about unprotected oral sex

How risky is it especially in group play

East / North, Cork

"I often wonder about unprotected oral sex

How risky is it especially in group play "

With regards chlamydia. About 4.5% risk if the other person is positive. With regards hiv the risk is nearly zero. I can't find good stats on oral hpv transmission rates, but I can imagine its higher than these.

"I wonder if cases are REALLY up that much or are we just testing more and so seeing positives that have been in the wild a while.

I wouldn't be TOO quick to hysteria. We have our hepatitis vaccine, and regular testing will pick up the most common other ones, most of which are simple enough to treat except hiv which is ridiculously unlikely to conttact from vaginal sex and not the death sentence it once was. Still... condoms reduce the tiny risk to statistical irrelevance. No need to freak out."

yes it is really that bad ..there's been an explosion of extremely drug resistant STIs and contrary to what one poster said here it's equally rampant across all age groups of individuals who have multiple sexual partners...

How risky is it especially in group play "

It's very risky, all it takes is 1 person to have oral chlaymidia probably everyone in the group will get it then, as far as I'm aware a standard sti screening doesn't test for chlaymia in the throat, it tests for chlaymidia in the genitals hence why they will take a urine sample so a person could get a clean bill of sexual health from a gum clinic and still have have infection in their throat.. Good news is a dose of biomycin or amoxycillan will clear for chlaymidia anywhere in the body

"And then there are sex toys.

"

Swinging in general is not the cleanest lifestyle, anyone who has sex outside a monogamous relationship is at risk, if having sex with multiple partners the risk is increased 10 fold, I think most people go into this lifestyle with their eyes open and if they didn't have them open they were opened very fast, contracting stds will invariably go hand in hand with swinging even with protection

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I wouldn't be TOO quick to hysteria. We have our hepatitis vaccine, and regular testing will pick up the most common other ones, most of which are simple enough to treat except hiv which is ridiculously unlikely to conttact from vaginal sex and not the death sentence it once was. Still... condoms reduce the tiny risk to statistical irrelevance. No need to freak out. yes it is really that bad ..there's been an explosion of extremely drug resistant STIs and contrary to what one poster said here it's equally rampant across all age groups of individuals who have multiple sexual partners..."

No it's not equal across age groups.

Roughly two thirds of all the cases (2000+) are 29 years or younger. This is explained partly by it being the most sexually active age group but I guess also by youth carelessness and lack of awareness/knowledge/education.

Also the overall increase in cases has to be put in context. The availability of tests became much easier in the last 2years with free home testing kits. So I'd assume that triggers increased testing and consequently more dedected cases. Which means the free tests are sucessful measure to fight stis.

Also last winter we were just coming out of the pandemic so social contacts were still reduced. Therefore comparing last year's figures with this year's will show big increases.

There's no need for panicking or becoming abstinent. Just don't behave reckless, protect yourself, get tested regularly and you're grand.

... oh yeah and stay away from the young ones...

I test every 6 weeks, but I always wear protection too. I’m also careful with who I have sex with. It’s worked perfectly so far!

I do think it is perfectly okay to swing and perfectly safe IF YOU USE COMMON SENSE to manage and minimise the risks.

For ALL to test effectively between EVERY different partner.

By effectively I mean fully: including mouth/throat/genitals.

To wait the incubation period before testing.

To screen for behaviours when choosing who you are meeting and check out who they are meeting not just as far as veris content goes.

To hold them to standards of sexual health. To normalise providing proof of a clear test within a certain timeframe of agreeing to the meet. Trusting them as far as abstaining from meeting others after the test.

And this will of course stretch out timeframes for arranging meetings. It would mean people planning well ahead and abstaining for periods before meeting 1-1 or before events/parties/etc

But is your health and others not worth it?

Is your libido running things or your brain?

Is meeting a new partner every other night of the week a need you can’t stop? That'd be a potential worry as far as mental/emotional issues as much as the sexual health risks.

Is it the risky nature of playing sexual roulette a big part of the thrill? ....'Check us out, we're liberated adults rolling the dice in pursuit of illicit desires. How cool are we...'

Would the planning and such make it too vanilla?

East / North, Cork

It's very risky, all it takes is 1 person to have oral chlaymidia probably everyone in the group will get it then, as far as I'm aware a standard sti screening doesn't test for chlaymia in the throat, it tests for chlaymidia in the genitals hence why they will take a urine sample so a person could get a clean bill of sexual health from a gum clinic and still have have infection in their throat.. Good news is a dose of biomycin or amoxycillan will clear for chlaymidia anywhere in the body "

Go look at the actual stats. One person in a group WILL NOT give it to everyone else. There is a 4.5% transmission rate from an infected person. I'm not saying its sage because it isn't, but let's not exaggerate it out of all proportion.

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

Very informative information here and good advice but just curious all are being tested n safe tg it must be possible that some must actually have got infected be interesting to hear symptoms or how they dealt with it but of course prevention is way better that cure

East / North, Cork

I wouldn't be TOO quick to hysteria. We have our hepatitis vaccine, and regular testing will pick up the most common other ones, most of which are simple enough to treat except hiv which is ridiculously unlikely to conttact from vaginal sex and not the death sentence it once was. Still... condoms reduce the tiny risk to statistical irrelevance. No need to freak out. yes it is really that bad ..there's been an explosion of extremely drug resistant STIs and contrary to what one poster said here it's equally rampant across all age groups of individuals who have multiple sexual partners..."

I didn't say its not bad, I said not to quickly jump to hysteria.

By *ancylaceloverTV/TS  over a year ago

Limerick

I test regulary .practice safe sex ,

What more can you do

"Very informative information here and good advice but just curious all are being tested n safe tg it must be possible that some must actually have got infected be interesting to hear symptoms or how they dealt with it but of course prevention is way better that cure"

I doubt anyone will post on here about a positive result.

East / North, Cork

"I test regulary .practice safe sex ,

What more can you do "

Not much.

It's very risky, all it takes is 1 person to have oral chlaymidia probably everyone in the group will get it then, as far as I'm aware a standard sti screening doesn't test for chlaymia in the throat, it tests for chlaymidia in the genitals hence why they will take a urine sample so a person could get a clean bill of sexual health from a gum clinic and still have have infection in their throat.. Good news is a dose of biomycin or amoxycillan will clear for chlaymidia anywhere in the body

Go look at the actual stats. One person in a group WILL NOT give it to everyone else. There is a 4.5% transmission rate from an infected person. I'm not saying its sage because it isn't, but let's not exaggerate it out of all proportion.

"

If you read again I said probably, nothing is sure in life, for me I wouldn't engage in a multiple oral meet because imo it's high risk but if other people want to then fire away, no need for block capitals I can understand without thank you, where are you getting these statistics just for information purposes?

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Most of us grew up with Aids constantly in the news, it was a big deal and I think most people from Generation x are serious about safe sex.

It's unfortunately the younger generation that dont give a crap about it.

They dont have any fear.

East / North, Cork

If you read again I said probably, nothing is sure in life, for me I wouldn't engage in a multiple oral meet because imo it's high risk but if other people want to then fire away, no need for block capitals I can understand without thank you, where are you getting these statistics just for information purposes? "

In order for something to be probable it needs to have a risk higher than 4.5 percent in my opinion. Google it. There are lots of quality scientific studies in the area.

If you read again I said probably, nothing is sure in life, for me I wouldn't engage in a multiple oral meet because imo it's high risk but if other people want to then fire away, no need for block capitals I can understand without thank you, where are you getting these statistics just for information purposes?

In order for something to be probable it needs to have a risk higher than 4.5 percent in my opinion. Google it. There are lots of quality scientific studies in the area."

Not all scientific studies will produce the same results so don't take what you read on Google as verbatim, 4.5% is not definitive

East / North, Cork

Of course nothing is definitive. It's all about risks and probabilities. The risk of everyone in the group being infected by 1 person is ridiculously tiny though. Not probable

By *ohn400Man  over a year ago

Dublin or anywhere

Get tested every time you have sex with some body new you meet up with..its a free test /

I did statistics as part of my maths alevel and always remember one thing we were taught.

Statistics will say whatever the report writer wants them to.

Edits work wonders.

I'd not be taking any reassurance from them no matter how low the risk. Someone, or many someones, fall in that portion of the results. I'd not be making it any easier than it need be for myself to be one of them.

The only guarante is abstinence but stupid choices win stupid prizes.

"Of course nothing is definitive. It's all about risks and probabilities. The risk of everyone in the group being infected by 1 person is ridiculously tiny though. Not probable "

How many is in a group though? How long is a piece of string?

I want to see this scientific study you are basing everything on and who is funding this scientific research

"I did statistics as part of my maths alevel and always remember one thing we were taught.

Statistics will say whatever the report writer wants them to"

Percisely

East / North, Cork

"Of course nothing is definitive. It's all about risks and probabilities. The risk of everyone in the group being infected by 1 person is ridiculously tiny though. Not probable

I want to see this scientific study you are basing everything on and who is funding this scientific research "

https://sti.bmj.com/content/87/Suppl_1/A175.2

East / North, Cork

https://www.gofreddie.com/resources/exposure-chlamydia#:~:text=The%20rate%20of%20transmission%20from,receving%20vaginal%20or%20anal%20sex).

"Of course nothing is definitive. It's all about risks and probabilities. The risk of everyone in the group being infected by 1 person is ridiculously tiny though. Not probable

I want to see this scientific study you are basing everything on and who is funding this scientific research

https://sti.bmj.com/content/87/Suppl_1/A175.2"

No were in that study does it mention oral to genital transmission of chlaymidia or vice versa, that 4.5% is based upon one act of coital sex per week, coitus is penile to vaginal sex and according to this study 4.5% is only probable

East / North, Cork

I m not gonna let this turn into an argument for arguments sake. I'm just suggesting that making blanket hysterical statements that everyone is going home with chlaymidia if one person has it is not probable and that STIs are scary enough without making very unlikely claims.

Can we stop using the word 'hysterical'

No one is.

It's a chat.

By *inkiepairCouple  over a year ago

dublin

I studied Law, Sex, and Society in University, it was the most interesting module but frightening.

You will always have people taken risks thinking there untouchable, maybe a lack of self worth, not educated enough on the subject of sti/std or just a plain and simple gobshite.

For us if we read a profile that mentions "Bareback" it's a no from us and block them as we just wouldn't entertain them.

People need to use there own judgement when choosing partners/groups to play with.

As been stated here already even safe play has risks, so many ways to get tested compared to 20 years.

Great forum post.

"Can we stop using the word 'hysterical'

No one is.

It's a chat."

» Add a new message to this topic