FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > US presidential visit- Ireland

US presidential visit- Ireland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubal1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Joe Biden's visit to the Island of Ireland, north and south of the border, essentially to mark the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Good Friday Agreement,will be worth seeing, particularly the massive entourage and retinue of Secret Service staff who accompany the US President of foreign tours

However,although Joe Biden has two ancestral ties to Ireland, his visit will be a pale imitation of the adulation that Kennedy got in the early 1960s, before his assassination in Dallas.

But then, Ireland (and the world) is a very different place now!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm sure there will be plenty to fly the flag for arse-lickery and cap-doffing

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I'm sure there will be plenty to fly the flag for arse-lickery and cap-doffing "

Hopefully they keep him away from The Guinness Storehouse

"I'm sure there will be plenty to fly the flag for arse-lickery and cap-doffing

Hopefully they keep him away from The Guinness Storehouse "

First port of call sure, just before we complain about being stereotyped as alcoholics

It's not such a big deal, I know I won't pay much attention to it, Biden doesn't have the same pull factor as the likes of clinton had on his visit in the 90s

Not really interested in a US president, to me he represents a country which has inflicted more harm in the world since ww2 than everyone combined

By *onnrodMan  over a year ago

moira

" a pale imitation of the adulation that Kennedy got in the early 1960s, before his assassination in Dallas

"

It would have been a shit visit if they'd done it after.....

somewhere

" a pale imitation of the adulation that Kennedy got in the early 1960s, before his assassination in Dallas

It would have been a shit visit if they'd done it after....."

Brilliant

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"It's not such a big deal, I know I won't pay much attention to it, Biden doesn't have the same pull factor as the likes of clinton had on his visit in the 90s "

Clinton was able to pullem alright

By *im44Man  over a year ago

traveling with work, but mainly cork

Biden is a war criminal, along with his family and every other us president, if right was right, that man should be in jail, note how the un war crimes commision does not apply in the usa

"Biden is a war criminal, along with his family and every other us president, if right was right, that man should be in jail, note how the un war crimes commision does not apply in the usa"

Or the uk or France

Newry Down

All American Presidents have their own personae: Clinton was a womaniser, par excellence; Trump is narcissistic and with an air of arrogance that is off the scale; Kennedy built his political career on his ambitious father's connections the Mafia; but Joe Biden, in my opinion, seems to be lacking in any form of notable charisma, and gives the impression in his speeches, that he is starting to lose his marbles!

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"All American Presidents have their own personae: Clinton was a womaniser, par excellence; Trump is narcissistic and with an air of arrogance that is off the scale; Kennedy built his political career on his ambitious father's connections the Mafia; but Joe Biden, in my opinion, seems to be lacking in any form of notable charisma, and gives the impression in his speeches, that he is starting to lose his marbles! "

Starting to?! They were long lost before he took office

By *ey-Enigma2Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

Will there be a new Biden Plaza built somewhere in the next few weeks then....!

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

"Biden is a war criminal, along with his family and every other us president, if right was right, that man should be in jail, note how the un war crimes commision does not apply in the usa"
so should everyone who was involved in a war be tried for war crimes now before you answer this think about it.

By *carlett AngelWoman  over a year ago

NI

It would have been a shit visit if they'd done it after....."

Weekend at Bernie’s!

He’s basically a puppet anyway.

"Biden is a war criminal, along with his family and every other us president, if right was right, that man should be in jail, note how the un war crimes commision does not apply in the usaso should everyone who was involved in a war be tried for war crimes now before you answer this think about it. "

Yes they should

All governments not the people even though it was the electoral process but they made decisions that shouldn’t have been made without the elctioral discussion

"It's not such a big deal, I know I won't pay much attention to it, Biden doesn't have the same pull factor as the likes of clinton had on his visit in the 90s "

Not just a pull factor Clinton had

By *!nksgirlWoman  over a year ago

IRELAND

[Removed by poster at 01/04/23 15:28:40]

By *!nksgirlWoman  over a year ago

IRELAND

Pmsl too funny

Newry Down

So, Biden's schedule has been released; I will be interested to see what he looks like in real life, in Carlingford, Co. Louth.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"So, Biden's schedule has been released; I will be interested to see what he looks like in real life, in Carlingford, Co. Louth."

Will he look different there?

I'm now interested myself

"So, Biden's schedule has been released; I will be interested to see what he looks like in real life, in Carlingford, Co. Louth.

I'm now interested myself "

He might look orange like his buddy

Newry Down

I want see, at very close quarters, how old Biden really looks, and if his speech is incoherent!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"So, Biden's schedule has been released; I will be interested to see what he looks like in real life, in Carlingford, Co. Louth.

I'm now interested myself "

He might go for a dip with Finn the dolphin.

somewhere

"I want see, at very close quarters, how old Biden really looks, and if his speech is incoherent!"

I was wondering the same about you to be honest

By *huCullainMan  over a year ago

Rathowen

"Will there be a new Biden Plaza built somewhere in the next few weeks then....!"

Can never have to many presidential super macs

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"Biden is a war criminal, along with his family and every other us president, if right was right, that man should be in jail, note how the un war crimes commision does not apply in the usaso should everyone who was involved in a war be tried for war crimes now before you answer this think about it. "

No just everyone who committed war crimes

Wexford

"I want see, at very close quarters, how old Biden really looks, and if his speech is incoherent!"

Thats not very nice ? I'm sure he dosnt give a fuck how old you look

Newry Down

But I'm not the principal politician, in what is touted as being the most powerful country on this planet, and therefore responsible for making important decisions; I think Joe Biden is too old for such an onerous job.

somewhere

[Removed by poster at 05/04/23 14:11:11]

By *atriceWoman  over a year ago

ballymena northern ireland not donegal

Better putting all the money they going to spend into homeless youth housing there will be some ball lickers for a couple of days

By *rish_GuyMan  over a year ago

Foxford

Ya & I heard that there's suppose to up to 1,000 staff with him aswell. Money seems to be able to be pulled out of thin air for these type of visits.

Personally I couldn't give a dam about it. Just hope I'm not stuck in traffic for long cause of it.

Newry Down

From business perspective, this presidential visit is important because Ireland is a secure base in which to operate; if taxation of all types that US firms in Ireland pay into the Irish exchequer was to end, this country would be in dire straits.

The business elite of Wall Street and Silicon Valley will recognise this long visit as being a stamp of approval that Ireland is a good place to do business, and that the GFA had made a safe place to visit too.

Ireland depends on taxes from US firms in order be financially liquid, just as NI depends on money from the UK exchequer to artificially sustain living standards.

Biden will open the new Ulster University campus on York Street, Belfast on Monday 11th.

By *ubberNumbersCouple  over a year ago

dublin

From an aviation point of view it's a nice change from seeing usual ryanair/aer Lingus in our sky's

I’m thinking of driving to Dublin just to see Air Force 1

By *ensualandslow321Man  over a year ago

Tullamore

"From business perspective, this presidential visit is important because Ireland is a secure base in which to operate; if taxation of all types that US firms in Ireland pay into the Irish exchequer was to end, this country would be in dire straits.

The business elite of Wall Street and Silicon Valley will recognise this long visit as being a stamp of approval that Ireland is a good place to do business, and that the GFA had made a safe place to visit too.

Ireland depends on taxes from US firms in order be financially liquid, just as NI depends on money from the UK exchequer to artificially sustain living standards.

Biden will open the new Ulster University campus on York Street, Belfast on Monday 11th."

Foxford

Ya, exactly, this Country would be lost(so to speak), without the US business in this Country, for sure.

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

More hyped up shite for the masses with empty rethoric and populist sound bites. Biden appealing to the US Irish vote by going home to the old sod. Biden is about as Irish as Putin.

Newry Down

"More hyped up shite for the masses with empty rethoric and populist sound bites. Biden appealing to the US Irish vote by going home to the old sod. Biden is about as Irish as Putin."

All presidential and royal visits are media events, but in this day and age, the images assumes greater importance than reality.

But if Joseph Biden was to announce that he is afraid to come that would send an adverse message.

Crucially, if Jimmy Carter dies, Joe Biden won't be coming; Carter is close to his demise.

Wexford

"But I'm not the principal politician, in what is touted as being the most powerful country on this planet, and therefore responsible for making important decisions; I think Joe Biden is too old for such an onerous job."

We are all responsible for making important decisions.. I'd even argue more important to our loved ones that Joe bidens decisions

You want to see how old he looks to judge weather or not he is too old !

Interesting

Wexford

"More hyped up shite for the masses with empty rethoric and populist sound bites. Biden appealing to the US Irish vote by going home to the old sod. Biden is about as Irish as Putin."

I know which one I'd rather have in me corner if European war spills over ... don't think there isn't a silent undertone to this visit aimed at Russia too

By *aucyladMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Keeps relations between the country strong, we need American investment and rely upon it to keep our economy going. Welcome him with open arms to keep relations nice and strong. A fair bit of Irish American tomfoolery but sure when hasn't that been the case when the US president visits. Alot of money spend on the visit but a tiny amount compared to the employment from American companies in this country.

By *ubberNumbersCouple  over a year ago

dublin

There's the tourism benefits aswell.

We all hate seeing another president knocking back a Guinness in some country pub but the yanks love it.

And we need them to come here and spend loads of money chasing their ancestral routes

By *huCullainMan  over a year ago

Rathowen

"Will there be a new Biden Plaza built somewhere in the next few weeks then....!"

With the price of everything being what it is they'll probably just rename Obama plaza.

By *ick manMan  over a year ago

Longford

"There's the tourism benefits aswell.

We all hate seeing another president knocking back a Guinness in some country pub but the yanks love it.

And we need them to come here and spend loads of money chasing their ancestral routes "

exactly I went into the pub in moneygall the week after Obama was here and the place was jammed and this was midweek the Guinness was great as well as they put in all new taps and lines ??

Let's go Brandon

Lucan

And we need them to come here and spend loads of money chasing their ancestral routes "

I think the Americans have copped on to the fact that they were being ridden sideways by Irish hotels, car hire etc, and I can't see this bringing them back.

I have a cousin in Massachusetts who used to visit regularly but he hasn't been since 2016 as he felt that he was seen as a money tree by our hospitality industry. Another cousin in Connecticut is the same.

We were also told that tourism from Britain would increase in the wake of the royal visit back in 2012. The numbers actually dropped after it.

Newry Down

The Irish tourism sector is shooting itself in the foot, via the prices it charges. Short-sighted exploitation!

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

And we need them to come here and spend loads of money chasing their ancestral routes

I think the Americans have copped on to the fact that they were being ridden sideways by Irish hotels, car hire etc, and I can't see this bringing them back.

I have a cousin in Massachusetts who used to visit regularly but he hasn't been since 2016 as he felt that he was seen as a money tree by our hospitality industry. Another cousin in Connecticut is the same.

We were also told that tourism from Britain would increase in the wake of the royal visit back in 2012. The numbers actually dropped after it. "

Someone is still paying those extortion prices, surely if no one would they came down quickly.

Templebar and the Guinness brewery made it into the top ten rip off places worldwide. I mean it's not bad for a small country like ireland to occupy 2 spaces in the top ten.

Newry Down

The security in Belfast city centre this morning was unprecedented, esp around Grand Central Hotel

Dozens of secret service personnel with earpieces and dozens of minibuses with special codes on the windscreens.

I suspect Biden will be staying in the Culloden Hotel at Holywood; very secure, discreet and easily reached by road and chopper too.

"The security in Belfast city centre this morning was unprecedented, esp around Grand Central Hotel

Dozens of secret service personnel with earpieces and dozens of minibuses with special codes on the windscreens.

I suspect Biden will be staying in the Culloden Hotel at Holywood; very secure, discreet and easily reached by road and chopper too."

Jesus jubal minibuses do you think they are after reading Mc carthy’s post on here and doing it on the cheap

And we need them to come here and spend loads of money chasing their ancestral routes exactly I went into the pub in moneygall the week after Obama was here and the place was jammed and this was midweek the Guinness was great as well as they put in all new taps and lines ??"

A long shot but that pub in ballyporeen is it still there

I went there once

By *indenMan  over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"The security in Belfast city centre this morning was unprecedented, esp around Grand Central Hotel

I suspect Biden will be staying in the Culloden Hotel at Holywood; very secure, discreet and easily reached by road and chopper too."

Probably more to do with it being Easter Monday.

By *arry HornhillMan  over a year ago

Outside Belfast

Oh great, The Walking Dead kid sniffer is in town.

Newry Down

Whilst his Belfast visit was brief and perfunctory he is really taking time to press the flesh in both Carlingford and Dundalk and seems to be much more relaxed and at home!

By *rAndMrsRightCouple  over a year ago

newtownabbey

Glad he's away. His departure ruined my whole afternoon and wasted 3h of my time sitting in gridlocked traffic.

Because of him I didn't get to call much needed doctor too

Let’s go Brandon!

Oh Jesus joe it’s the all blacks not the Black and Tans

Newry Down

President Joe's tiredness after a long and arduous day eventually became evident with his faux pas about the Black and Tans, rather than the All Blacks

This end of the day mistake will have gone down well with some people, but not with others!

somewhere

"President Joe's tiredness after a long and arduous day eventually became evident with his faux pas about the Black and Tans, rather than the All Blacks

This end of the day mistake will have gone down well with some people, but not with others!"

He called them the Black and Tans 3 weeks ago at the white house Saint Patricks day event.....its what he does .....

somewhere

"Let’s go Brandon!"

I take it your a Trump supporter as I've seen that said on Twitter by Republicans

Too be fair to the man he put in great effort I’m not a trump supporter or a Leo supporter but I honestly think he should be welcomed with open arms

After all when the pandemic hit it was the returns from mostly American companies that kept us afloat

By *rAndMrsRightCouple  over a year ago

newtownabbey

"Let’s go Brandon!

I take it your a Trump supporter as I've seen that said on Twitter by Republicans"

Don't think you have to be a trump supporter to see sleepy Joe for what he is - a very old, confused man who gets lost in his own thoughts, doesn't have an original thought of his own any more and has this real strange addiction of sniffing underaged peoples hair.

Nothing against the man except the latter, but genuinely don't think he's fit to be a president of a fold, neverming a super influential country that could potentially get involved in WWIII

Missus

We have had the Russians sniffing around our coast not too far from us so I know who I’d like in my corner

somewhere

I like the guy ......prefer him to Trump anyday

"I like the guy ......prefer him to Trump anyday "

This times a million

"Let’s go Brandon!

I take it your a Trump supporter as I've seen that said on Twitter by Republicans

Don't think you have to be a trump supporter to see sleepy Joe for what he is - a very old, confused man who gets lost in his own thoughts, doesn't have an original thought of his own any more and has this real strange addiction of sniffing underaged peoples hair.

Nothing against the man except the latter, but genuinely don't think he's fit to be a president of a fold, neverming a super influential country that could potentially get involved in WWIII

Missus "

He just looks old and sorry but not capable of doing the job but than again I reckon the majority of presidents are puppets and it's the people behind that run the country. Trump was a loose cannon that they couldn't and never will.control but a lot of middle America love him

But is this not a visit by a man that has connections to this country and the uk but he’s been beaten with the stick

Coz he didn’t stop in London on his way here let the man see where his people came from before he meets his maker

"But is this not a visit by a man that has connections to this country and the uk but he’s been beaten with the stick

Coz he didn’t stop in London on his way here let the man see where his people came from before he meets his maker "

Well said

"But is this not a visit by a man that has connections to this country and the uk but he’s been beaten with the stick

Coz he didn’t stop in London on his way here let the man see where his people came from before he meets his maker "

Hes in Ballina on Friday and the celebrations have begun, if it brings money to the area why not.

somewhere

Lets be honest the main reason is because hes looking for the Irish American vote and no harm to us

We punch way above our weight internationally

2 countries are know worldwide for their national holidays

Us and America

Lets use everything we can to bring good news to our country and sell it so we can to get inward investment

"Lets be honest the main reason is because hes looking for the Irish American vote and no harm to us

Us and America

Lets use everything we can to bring good news to our country and sell it so we can to get inward investment "

Yes but there was a lot of plastic paddies before joe in my opinion that got a better reception than he has

And if you go anywhere in the states and you say you’re Irish man I’m not joking but they will treat you like one of their own if not better

"Lets be honest the main reason is because hes looking for the Irish American vote and no harm to us

Us and America

Lets use everything we can to bring good news to our country and sell it so we can to get inward investment

Yes but there was a lot of plastic paddies before joe in my opinion that got a better reception than he has "

All true and being honest its great for Ireland. The country is top of the International news cycle for the week and there is no such thing as bad publicity!

"President Joe's tiredness after a long and arduous day eventually became evident with his faux pas about the Black and Tans, rather than the All Blacks

This end of the day mistake will have gone down well with some people, but not with others!"

I saw a 10 second clip of him earlier from what I can see he can barely walk stumbling along his speech is no better jumbling up his words, wonder what was the wisdom in making a geriatric the president of the US

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

Coz he didn’t stop in London on his way here let the man see where his people came from before he meets his maker

Hes in Ballina on Friday and the celebrations have begun, if it brings money to the area why not. "

He will be there today not Friday, he's leaving later this evening too.

Been a great little earner for those who have been working with his detail for the past few weeks, I'll have a visit every year

Gods Own Country

Hes in Ballina on Friday and the celebrations have begun, if it brings money to the area why not.

He will be there today not Friday, he's leaving later this evening too.

Been a great little earner for those who have been working with his detail for the past few weeks, I'll have a visit every year "

I stand corrected on the leaving time, my bad

By *onster-ManMan  over a year ago

Dublin

This end of the day mistake will have gone down well with some people, but not with others!

I saw a 10 second clip of him earlier from what I can see he can barely walk stumbling along his speech is no better jumbling up his words, wonder what was the wisdom in making a geriatric the president of the US"

When you're forced to pick between a geriatric and another geriatric who's also an unrepentant fraud who is beloved by fascists, the "geriatric" element becomes moot.

Foxford

Hopefully it'll be worth it in the long run. If not it'll have been a right mess a day tomorrow. With traffic disruption going & coming from work.

Newry Down

Biden's visit seems to be going remarkably well; US business executives will be pleased at the positivity.

somewhere

I saw a 10 second clip of him earlier from what I can see he can barely walk stumbling along his speech is no better jumbling up his words, wonder what was the wisdom in making a geriatric the president of the US"

He has to speak the way he does to overcome a massive stuttering problem he has .....then again you'd probably have a go if he stuttered

Lucan

I heard him on the radio earlier while I was driving home from work and having read some of the stuff here was really surprised at how eloquent he actually sounded, and that from someone who is a bit sceptical about a lot of American interference in world politics.

I saw a 10 second clip of him earlier from what I can see he can barely walk stumbling along his speech is no better jumbling up his words, wonder what was the wisdom in making a geriatric the president of the US

He has to speak the way he does to overcome a massive stuttering problem he has .....then again you'd probably have a go if he stuttered "

Not once have I heard him stutter and to suggest I'd have a go at him for that is a low blow, the point I was making is why an elderly man who can barely stand straight is the president of the US, it's not a good look, trump has even criticised his Ireland visit, the world on the cusp of WW3 and he's wandering around Ireland visiting 5th cousins and places his ancestors lives,silly stuff, hes about as Irish as refugee who's just landed in Dublin Airport

Lucan

He has to speak the way he does to overcome a massive stuttering problem he has .....then again you'd probably have a go if he stuttered

Not once have I heard him stutter and to suggest I'd have a go at him for that is a low blow, the point I was making is why an elderly man who can barely stand straight is the president of the US, it's not a good look, trump has even criticised his Ireland visit, the world on the cusp of WW3 and he's wandering around Ireland visiting 5th cousins and places his ancestors lives,silly stuff, hes about as Irish as refugee who's just landed in Dublin Airport "

I love the way you say "Trump has even criticised his visit" as if that was supposed to mean something.

If Biden is so old and pathetic, what does it say about the orange one that he couldn't even beat such a hopeless individual in an election? That's democracy for ya.

somewhere

Maybe Trump has criticised the visit because he knows himself and his family are hated everywhere they go except the Redneck states

Not once have I heard him stutter and to suggest I'd have a go at him for that is a low blow, the point I was making is why an elderly man who can barely stand straight is the president of the US, it's not a good look, trump has even criticised his Ireland visit, the world on the cusp of WW3 and he's wandering around Ireland visiting 5th cousins and places his ancestors lives,silly stuff, hes about as Irish as refugee who's just landed in Dublin Airport

I love the way you say "Trump has even criticised his visit" as if that was supposed to mean something.

If Biden is so old and pathetic, what does it say about the orange one that he couldn't even beat such a hopeless individual in an election? That's democracy for ya. "

Biden will be gone next year

Trump will be reelected in 2024 hands down the US public are not happy with this courtroom charade just trying to blacken his name so he won't be able to stand for election

"Maybe Trump has criticised the visit because he knows himself and his family are hated everywhere they go except the Redneck states "

Trump has criticised Biden because he's behaving like an idiot parading around Ireland nearly tripping over himself meeting 5th cousins when he should be at home looking after American matters

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

Trump won't win hands down as that's simply impossible in a US presidential election given how divided the country is blue v red.

His supporters are pissed but will the small number who actually decide the election think the same way??

Remains to be seen.

Wexford

"Let’s go Brandon!

Missus "

How does one get lost in their own thoughts if their own thoughts aren't their original own thoughts?

I think that's what I meant to say anyway

Wexford

The wisdom was in not allowing the alternative to be selected as president

Wexford

Not once have I heard him stutter and to suggest I'd have a go at him for that is a low blow, the point I was making is why an elderly man who can barely stand straight is the president of the US, it's not a good look, trump has even criticised his Ireland visit, the world on the cusp of WW3 and he's wandering around Ireland visiting 5th cousins and places his ancestors lives,silly stuff, hes about as Irish as refugee who's just landed in Dublin Airport "

Your Christian life is shining bright again as usual.

To mock somebody for their ability to walk or talk is no different than to mock somebody for stuttering, so it is a very accurate assumption to make I would think

Wexford

"Maybe Trump has criticised the visit because he knows himself and his family are hated everywhere they go except the Redneck states

Trump has criticised Biden because he's behaving like an idiot parading around Ireland nearly tripping over himself meeting 5th cousins when he should be at home looking after American matters "

That's the difference between trump and Biden. Trump was never fit to be president because hes like a child, his mind can only focus one thing and on his opinion on that wanting only.

Biden can make diplomatic and cultural toys while also taking care of his s***.

Trump sucks

To mock somebody for their ability to walk or talk is no different than to mock somebody for stuttering, so it is a very accurate assumption to make I would think "

The ability to walk and talk are 2 seperate bodily functions both involve the brain no doubt, row back there and realise I haven't mocked anyone I'm just observing what I saw with my own 2 eyes, he's unsteady on his feet and his speech is jumbled up, I have a very good friend who developed a severe stutter as a result of being sexually abused as a young child so don't preach to me I know way more about this than you ever will

Lucan

To mock somebody for their ability to walk or talk is no different than to mock somebody for stuttering, so it is a very accurate assumption to make I would think

The ability to walk and talk are 2 seperate bodily functions both involve the brain no doubt, row back there and realise I haven't mocked anyone I'm just observing what I saw with my own 2 eyes, he's unsteady on his feet and his speech is jumbled up, I have a very good friend who developed a severe stutter as a result of being sexually abused as a young child so don't preach to me I know way more about this than you ever will "

You're starting to sound like the orange one now with that last line

May I just respectfully point out that only idiots make statements like that last line in relation to someone you don't know.

Wexford

The ability to walk and talk are 2 seperate bodily functions both involve the brain no doubt, row back there and realise I haven't mocked anyone I'm just observing what I saw with my own 2 eyes, he's unsteady on his feet and his speech is jumbled up, I have a very good friend who developed a severe stutter as a result of being sexually abused as a young child so don't preach to me I know way more about this than you ever will "

You mention Joe Biden struggle with motion and speech in the drug free form stating that it meant that he was not able for his job.

Because you have experience of a friend with a stutter does not give you monopoly on knowledge around stutters

For my own interest do you actually turn the saddle on your bike backwards considering you spend so much time peddling back

Take a break lads message some ladies maybe try get a meet for yourselves

Wexford

"Take a break lads message some ladies maybe try get a meet for yourselves "

God bless the rednecks

Newry Down

My opinion of Joe Biden's ability and political nous has been elevated as I have watched him each day this week; no-one can rise to be the President of the USA and be an incompetent idiot!

His share of the Irish American vote is bound to have jumped several notches since last Tuesday.

Fair play too the man he deserves all the applause for what must have been a long hard week

Still didn’t get to see Air Force 1 maybe someday

I'm not into politics but looking at the TV now so many people out to see his speech is priceless..

[Removed by poster at 14/04/23 21:50:49]

There's no show like a Joe show

"My opinion of Joe Biden's ability and political nous has been elevated as I have watched him each day this week; no-one can rise to be the President of the USA and be an incompetent idiot!

His share of the Irish American vote is bound to have jumped several notches since last Tuesday."

I fear you might be wrong , clear signs of delusion in his Ballina speech....Mayo for Sam!! ,he's clearly off his Meds

Not sure about the grenade bit too be honest lots of kids turned out with the parents too see him

Don’t think he should have gone with that

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

Unbelievable speech in ballina. Totally hope if he goes for second term that he makes it

"Unbelievable speech in ballina. Totally hope if he goes for second term that he makes it "

Me too

By *irkmcquickleyMan  over a year ago

drogheda

Senile old fart. Not a fan of his creepy sniffing antics

"Senile old fart. Not a fan of his creepy sniffing antics "

Nauseating to say the least

somewhere

Jesus lads don't ever get old ....attitudes from a bygone era towards old people

Foxford

"Jesus lads don't ever get old ....attitudes from a bygone era towards old people"

Exactly

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Is he gone yet?

Foxford

"Is he gone yet? "

Ya, He left Knock between 11 & 12 O'Clock last night. I'm sure he's turning over for his second sleep

By *ildarekinkstersCouple  over a year ago

kinkytown

The shit on Twitter is hilarious over his visit. The UK are saying he hates them and complaining about our defense forces (it's in the torygraph) while him saying mayo for sam is being inteperted as some sort of code "fighting the Brits"

somewhere

"The shit on Twitter is hilarious over his visit. The UK are saying he hates them and complaining about our defense forces (it's in the torygraph) while him saying mayo for sam is being inteperted as some sort of code "fighting the Brits" "

Just reading it....the replies are brilliant

Wexford

"Senile old fart. Not a fan of his creepy sniffing antics "

Ah don't be so rough on yourself... your not that old

Wexford

"Senile old fart. Not a fan of his creepy sniffing antics

Nauseating to say the least "

Nauseating like a bitter begrudger?

Wexford

"The shit on Twitter is hilarious over his visit. The UK are saying he hates them and complaining about our defense forces (it's in the torygraph) while him saying mayo for sam is being inteperted as some sort of code "fighting the Brits" "

Fuck em

Gods Own Country

Could we go off topic and praise your raspberry ripples

It happened about five months after his visit to Ireland, but JFK said that it was the the best four days of his life

Newry Down

American psephologists are currently assessing every political aspect of Joe's visit to the homeland and the impact it may have on his potential re-election in 2024.

Political trips like this are essentially a vanguard for future US campaigns; it's a cynical business!

By *nother 1Man  over a year ago

sligo

Was in ballina Friday the place looked great and big crowds not enough food or coffee vans for the amount of people there.that part u couldn't see was run badly.but otherwise it was brill.

Well let’s just see how long it will be before the next president of the USA has Irish connections

That’s not counting joe if he gets the second term

By *ollinrock77Man  over a year ago

mullingar

That's utter Bullshit talk

From all of the G7 who isn’t

Newry Down

I thought the security in Belfast was tight last week for Joe Biden's visit but I passed by Queen's University today and the security was phenomenal: Sunak, Clinton's, Blair, Johnson, Truss, Mitchell, Varadkar, Ahern all in the same location together.

The number of undercover cops in Botanic Park was incredible, with uniformed cops tripping over each other; the park rangers told me sniffer dogs had combed the park for hours, every building, bush, bin, path, seat and fence. The lot!

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"I thought the security in Belfast was tight last week for Joe Biden's visit but I passed by Queen's University today and the security was phenomenal: Sunak, Clinton's, Blair, Johnson, Truss, Mitchell, Varadkar, Ahern all in the same location together.

The number of undercover cops in Botanic Park was incredible, with uniformed cops tripping over each other; the park rangers told me sniffer dogs had combed the park for hours, every building, bush, bin, path, seat and fence. The lot! "

If I was mean, I'd say... what a pity - on both occasions

Newry Down

Ireland is awah with US presidents recently: Biden has just returned home to Wilmington Delaware; the Clintons were here a few days ago in Belfast; and Trump is about to land in Shannon enroute to the solebIrish outpost of his sprawling business empire at Doonbeg in Co. Clare!

Where are the drones when you need them

» Add a new message to this topic