By *hyeyesMan 45 weeks ago

meath

[Removed by poster at 05/06/23 21:04:09]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hyeyesMan 45 weeks ago

meath

"Any fabbers attending? "

Yip

Hopefully he entertains the crowd Robbie Williams style ...

By *ofusplusCouple 45 weeks ago

Limerick

Yes

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

Each to their own but not for me , there was a time when the main headline act would have had to earn playing at Slane but it's just a sign of the times , they don't anymore, money ..ticket sales ..full house etc etc ..to me there are other acts that would be Justified as headliner's but hey that's life , to whoever is going , enjoy the music , hope the weather is brilliant for an outdoor concert.

By *izzleJMan 45 weeks ago

Galway City

[Removed by poster at 06/06/23 11:00:10]

By *ohn heaneyMan 45 weeks ago

kildare

Yep I'm working at it. 6am till 12 midnight

By *panishRebelMan 45 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

Not my kind of Style!

By *raigk OP   Man 45 weeks ago

Bunclody

Long day! Any idea what time he’s due on stage or what time they move the crowd out at?

By *anillagreenMan 45 weeks ago

omagh

Such a pity, slane used to be about the bands and real legends of the industry. Now look at it.

By *ealitybitesMan 45 weeks ago

Belfast

What's so special about Hair Styles in Slane?

By *og-ManMan 45 weeks ago

somewhere

"Such a pity, slane used to be about the bands and real legends of the industry. Now look at it. "

The real legends that can fill slane are dying out or not able to fill it anymore

Its great that someone that puts on a decent show can fill Slane in a matter of hours that it took to sell out

Mind you its a horrible location to get into and home from so hopefully everything goes well on the day, and no-one gets hurt and all get home safely especially since so many kids are going

By *raigk OP   Man 45 weeks ago

Bunclody

It’s due to be a 90% female attendance according to the RTE news!

"Such a pity, slane used to be about the bands and real legends of the industry. Now look at it. "

Oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

It’s shit to get too shit to get out of its a fuck’n field with a stage

But is that not the fun of it Harry piles (ya I know) he has to be one if not the biggest attraction for our young people and to be honest I would attend if I could

Or should I have said

You know it’s not the same as it was

By *anillagreenMan 45 weeks ago

omagh

"Such a pity, slane used to be about the bands and real legends of the industry. Now look at it.

Oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

"

Iam an auld boy trapped in a young man, let me out!

By *izzleJMan 45 weeks ago

Galway City

Looking forward to it

By *eeperscreepersMan 45 weeks ago

Tipp

Not my cup of tea, do love Slane as a venue though. The access was made a lot better in recent years the walk from the quarry bus parking isn't a bad walk at all but christ if you've to walk the other way it's a nightmare

By *ouple VCouple 44 weeks ago

South East

Working at it, I was.

By *inion42Man 44 weeks ago

minionland

Went never again, very good artist, but it’s too much hassle with 2.7km walk to and from bus etc,

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

I heard he was brutal, sound was very bad too, 80% attendance were female, children were not asked if they had a ticket only parents tickets were checked on the way in even though it was cleary stated everyone needed a ticket regardless of age, €100 a ticket seems steep too

By *ofusplusCouple 44 weeks ago

Limerick

I was there, he was brilliant, the sound and visuals were excellent.

It was a whole-day festival with a festival vibe to it and well worth the €100. 80% female, very few children, boyfriends dragged there but they were happy out.

Getting in and out was a pain but overall it gave my teenager good memories to last a lifetime, so it was well worth the trip

By *hyeyesMan 44 weeks ago

meath

I give Harry 5/10 . Only 3 good songs . He spoke Irish badly - cringe . Slagged of Tallaght ? . And kept downplaying his own gig by stating we could go out afterwards ?? And how he was going out afterwards .

His music is too slow and depressing . He's definitely no Robbie Williams .

Field was wedged , traffic was exceptional bad . Due to the ban on camping .

I was at the VIP after-party and there was no VIPs there lol

"I was there, he was brilliant, the sound and visuals were excellent.

It was a whole-day festival with a festival vibe to it and well worth the €100. 80% female, very few children, boyfriends dragged there but they were happy out.

Getting in and out was a pain but overall it gave my teenager good memories to last a lifetime, so it was well worth the trip "

Regardless of the price it’s all about the memories maybe

Priceless

By *og-ManMan 44 weeks ago

somewhere

He slagged off Tallaght because he went to a party there once and someone head butted him at it ...every gig in Ireland he mentions it

He's fantastic entertainment for his fans....if you don't like his music then you wont like his gigs

The VIP tickets are just a way for the promoter to make extra money ....you probably got a laminate and a poster to make you feel like a VIP

"He slagged off Tallaght because he went to a party there once and someone head butted him at it ...every gig in Ireland he mentions it

He's fantastic entertainment for his fans....if you don't like his music then you wont like his gigs

The VIP tickets are just a way for the promoter to make extra money ....you probably got a laminate and a poster to make you feel like a VIP

"

I lived in tallaght I would have head butted him harder .. he's trying to be a newer version of Robbie Williams .. I'm not a fan of Harry

No one act can replace another but some get older

Some are starting out

"I give Harry 5/10 . Only 3 good songs . He spoke Irish badly - cringe . Slagged of Tallaght ? . And kept downplaying his own gig by stating we could go out afterwards ?? And how he was going out afterwards .

His music is too slow and depressing . He's definitely no Robbie Williams .

Field was wedged , traffic was exceptional bad . Due to the ban on camping .

I was at the VIP after-party and there was no VIPs there lol "

To the real music fans .. people that have seen the brilliant acts that were there once upon a time , that have witnessed " live " iconic songs from Iconic artists, that day is no more sadly as SLANE really has sold it's soul as regards music but it's whatever or whoever is popular now gets to play Slane, it's just a sign of the times , to me their is only one band that deserves to play Slane and that's AC/DC , to me their name is sadly missing from that list , especially when you see who has played there , The Stones, Queen, Springsteen, Dylan , Bowie , G'n'R, Thin Lizzy etc etc .. anyway as l said it's a sign of the times..those that saw who was there last Sat are the same age of those that saw the bands mentioned yonks ago.l won't go there anymore simply because the music wouldn't be my cup of tea.. anyway it's each to their own , kinda like here tbh ...each to their own ..as it should be.

Fair enough but if you’re kids are listening too a certain type of music

Would you not want to go and see the performer with them

That’s why I go if it’s my cup of tea or not

"Fair enough but if you’re kids are listening too a certain type of music

That’s why I go if it’s my cup of tea or not "

I did before, wasn't my cup of tea at all but l did simply because they wanted too.

By *ealitybitesMan 44 weeks ago

Belfast

That’s why I go if it’s my cup of tea or not "

Taken my kids to dozens of gigs over the years and never went to a single one. I've driven all over the country and sat outside and taken them home again.

My eldest went to Springsteen with me last month and that's the first concert I've ever attended with one of them but then again it's only the 4th or 5th show I've ever been to.

I've never been to Slane so can't say how this year compared but some of my nieces were there and vowed they would never be back. They didn't get home until 4am which is nuts considering it's only an hour down the road from where they live.

That’s why I go if it’s my cup of tea or not

Taken my kids to dozens of gigs over the years and never went to a single one. I've driven all over the country and sat outside and taken them home again.

My eldest went to Springsteen with me last month and that's the first concert I've ever attended with one of them but then again it's only the 4th or 5th show I've ever been to.

I've never been to Slane so can't say how this year compared but some of my nieces were there and vowed they would never be back. They didn't get home until 4am which is nuts considering it's only an hour down the road from where they live. "

It’s a lot longer than an hour for us and as I’ve previously posted it’s tough to get there and get out of

But all part of the day out

By *erry12330Man 44 weeks ago

oranmore

"Working at it, I was. "

Worked on it too and it was a good good gig for those who are his fans . Music is of the teens times not ours leave them to it

"Working at it, I was.

Worked on it too and it was a good good gig for those who are his fans . Music is of the teens times not ours leave them to it "

How does one get a job on gigs and sports matches? .. I'd love it? Honestly

By *erry12330Man 44 weeks ago

oranmore

"Working at it, I was.

Worked on it too and it was a good good gig for those who are his fans . Music is of the teens times not ours leave them to it

How does one get a job on gigs and sports matches? .. I'd love it? Honestly "

Will give you a few email addresses

"I was there, he was brilliant, the sound and visuals were excellent.

Getting in and out was a pain but overall it gave my teenager good memories to last a lifetime, so it was well worth the trip "

I'm delighted you enjoyed it. Did ye enjoy wet leg? I find their stuff very catchy.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 44 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I'd have been fuming at the parking situation. I was angry on Sunday eve waiting 20mins to get out of the park and ride after George Ezra.

I'm off to see him at Wembley tonight, not a fan of his music but he looks like he puts on a good show!

Not sure how slane ever became a music venue, I get that it's a wonderful castle and the setting is beautiful but it's an arsehole of a place to get in and out of, I know someone who spent 3 hours just trying to get out of the carpark after harry styles, I think every gig there is the same... Badly planned and organised..

By *og-ManMan 44 weeks ago

somewhere

"Not sure how slane ever became a music venue, I get that it's a wonderful castle and the setting is beautiful but it's an arsehole of a place to get in and out of, I know someone who spent 3 hours just trying to get out of the carpark after harry styles, I think every gig there is the same... Badly planned and organised.. "

In fairness....its very well planned and organised but you can't get that many people into those small roads and into a village that small without delays

Some people were back in their locals getting pints in Dublin before others had even started their cars

» Add a new message to this topic