FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Pics with first message

Pics with first message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    47 weeks ago

I’m intrigued as to how some people demand a photo/pic with your first message or they won’t reply! And yet their own profile is blank with no photos. Is this a subject for discussion?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

People can demand what they like but you don't have to comply. If there's any part of someone's requirements that we don't, won't or can't meet then we just pass on by

By *rtful dodgerMan 47 weeks ago

behind you

"I’m intrigued as to how some people demand a photo/pic with your first message or they won’t reply! And yet their own profile is blank with no photos. Is this a subject for discussion? "

For me if they are well verified and something piqued my interest I’d be ok with that …. Otherwise red flag

By *ichael McCarthyMan 47 weeks ago

Lucan

Ah sure look..

Send one if you want. Don't send one if you don't want.

Hadn’t intended sending anything! Just putting it out there for people’s opinions

By *ichael McCarthyMan 47 weeks ago

Lucan

"Hadn’t intended sending anything! Just putting it out there for people’s opinions "

Ok, I have to admit it doesn't overly bother me. It's a filter in itself and that's fine as far as I'm concerned.

By *thloneros38Man 47 weeks ago

athlone/roscommon

I dont see anything wrong with sending one but the person requesting should make the 1st move before asking

By *ealitybitesMan 47 weeks ago

Belfast

I don't send messages ever and never sent a pic with a message when I did.

As already said above I wouldn't be messaging profiles that don't appeal to me for many reasons

athlone/roscommon

Aww sure its great craic sending pics to completely random people lol

Think it is more a male thing to send pictures with first messages.

athlone/roscommon

"Think it is more a male thing to send pictures with first messages.

"

i dout it because its the woman who asks 1st

By *og-ManMan 47 weeks ago

somewhere

i dout it because its the woman who asks 1st "

Probably means the unsolicited messages that men send

If women have started sending unsolicited fanny pics ....ladies my box is open

By *s LollyWoman 47 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

If women have started sending unsolicited fanny pics ....ladies my box is open "

Would you like hers to be for said pic

somewhere

If women have started sending unsolicited fanny pics ....ladies my box is open

Would you like hers to be for said pic "

Surprise me

By *affa31Woman 47 weeks ago

Galway

I have never asked for a face pic (unless planning a meet with someone) and yet get sent them all the time in first messages. It boggles my mind that people send face pics to strangers.

athlone/roscommon

"I have never asked for a face pic (unless planning a meet with someone) and yet get sent them all the time in first messages. It boggles my mind that people send face pics to strangers.

"

you dont reply to messages either lol

Galway

"I have never asked for a face pic (unless planning a meet with someone) and yet get sent them all the time in first messages. It boggles my mind that people send face pics to strangers.

you dont reply to messages either lol"

I reply to messages that I’m interested in

athlone/roscommon

I reply to messages that I’m interested in "

lol how would you know if your interested if you havent chatted before

By *electableicecreamMan 47 weeks ago

The West

I reply to messages that I’m interested in lol how would you know if your interested if you havent chatted before "

I'm going to go out on a limb here and refer you to the FAQ. No reply is a reply.

You can read between the empty lines

By *nquisitive ladyWoman 47 weeks ago

meath

I reply to messages that I’m interested in lol how would you know if your interested if you havent chatted before

I'm going to go out on a limb here and refer you to the FAQ. No reply is a reply.

You can read between the empty lines"

athlone/roscommon

I reply to messages that I’m interested in lol how would you know if your interested if you havent chatted before

You can read between the empty lines"

thanks for clearing thank up you a a right knight in shinning armour haha

The West

" thanks for clearing thank up you a a right knight in shinning armour haha "

I get all chivalrous when I see a guy calling out a lady on a public forum for not replying to his message

Galway

I reply to messages that I’m interested in lol how would you know if your interested if you havent chatted before "

I look at the message and the profile and make a decision. I’m around here a long time and my judgement is pretty good.

I would also often have notes on people profiles regarding their interactions on the forums and how whiney they are

I would just be happy to get any message. I have started sending myself some just to feel loved lol

By *leasurer77Man 47 weeks ago

Athlone

I look at the message and the profile and make a decision. I’m around here a long time and my judgement is pretty good.

I would also often have notes on people profiles regarding their interactions on the forums and how whiney they are "

Note to self: Don't be whiney in the forums

By *llthewaysMan 47 weeks ago

Somewhere

Personally I would not be sending face pics to blank/unverified/brand new accounts. But I don't begrudge anyone asking for them, it just doesn't mean you need to send it.

All personally choice in the end, isn't it?

athlone/roscommon

" thanks for clearing thank up you a a right knight in shinning armour haha

I get all chivalrous when I see a guy calling out a lady on a public forum for not replying to his message"

i wasnt calling here out it was abit of a joke thats about it lol

athlone/roscommon

I would also often have notes on people profiles regarding their interactions on the forums and how whiney they are "

lol everybody to their own you can get the knight to put his horse back in the stables his shining armour could put someone off the road with sun reflecting off it

Galway

I would also often have notes on people profiles regarding their interactions on the forums and how whiney they are lol everybody to their own you can get the knight to put his horse back in the stables his shining armour could put someone off the road with sun reflecting off it "

If you’re implying that I asked him to stand up for me, you’d be wrong. Maybe check your attitude on the forums

athlone/roscommon

I would also often have notes on people profiles regarding their interactions on the forums and how whiney they are lol everybody to their own you can get the knight to put his horse back in the stables his shining armour could put someone off the road with sun reflecting off it

If you’re implying that I asked him to stand up for me, you’d be wrong. Maybe check your attitude on the forums "

im not i just made a simple remark and getting ate for it i dont take things like the serious iv never had it was only a joke people needs to move on from it and get back to the orginal topic on here

"I’m intrigued as to how some people demand a photo/pic with your first message or they won’t reply! And yet their own profile is blank with no photos. Is this a subject for discussion? "

Wayyyyyyyyyy too many couples/individuals on here are so egotistical and it doesn't make any sense. We have seen NO person on here above an 8-8.5, but everyone seems to think they are a 10 or wants a 10. The amount of arrogant asses we have blocked on here is ridiculous.

The West

The nice thing about a community is that it supports and helps anyone sincere about joining

The West

And to get back on topic.

Personally I make a judgment call on whether I want to send a pic or not. My need for privacy may not be the same as someone else's. I can respect both my boundaries and theirs. They don't need to be the same.

Galway

"I’m intrigued as to how some people demand a photo/pic with your first message or they won’t reply! And yet their own profile is blank with no photos. Is this a subject for discussion?

Wayyyyyyyyyy too many couples/individuals on here are so egotistical and it doesn't make any sense. We have seen NO person on here above an 8-8.5, but everyone seems to think they are a 10 or wants a 10. The amount of arrogant asses we have blocked on here is ridiculous. "

What constitutes a 10 or any other number for that matter. Ranking someone out of 10 really gives me the ick.

Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’m attracted to guys that my friends have no interested in and I’m sure it’s the same for everyone here.

By *ogladyWoman 47 weeks ago

The bog

Most attach a face pic when message me and I will say I do app it as I have my face pics public..

Athlone

"And to get back on topic.

Personally I make a judgment call on whether I want to send a pic or not. My need for privacy may not be the same as someone else's. I can respect both my boundaries and theirs. They don't need to be the same."

"Need for privacy" is the absolute key to the whole discussion.

Athlone

"Most attach a face pic when message me and I will say I do app it as I have my face pics public.."

And we definitely app that..

somewhere

"I’m intrigued as to how some people demand a photo/pic with your first message or they won’t reply! And yet their own profile is blank with no photos. Is this a subject for discussion?

Wayyyyyyyyyy too many couples/individuals on here are so egotistical and it doesn't make any sense. We have seen NO person on here above an 8-8.5, but everyone seems to think they are a 10 or wants a 10. The amount of arrogant asses we have blocked on here is ridiculous. "

Maybe the ones that are a 10 and above have you blocked as they don't rate you for their reasons

There's always someone better in the sense of the word than someone else so I wouldn't worry about where anyone fits in between 1 and 10

meath

Its an unwritten rule here. If someone asks for your facepic then it is courtesy to send theirs first. Also if someone sends you a face pic without being asked, You are not obliged to return one. Never give in to anyone's demands here and just do what you feel comfortable with. Having said that I wouldn't meet anyone here without having seen who they are.

Athlone

Wayyyyyyyyyy too many couples/individuals on here are so egotistical and it doesn't make any sense. We have seen NO person on here above an 8-8.5, but everyone seems to think they are a 10 or wants a 10. The amount of arrogant asses we have blocked on here is ridiculous.

Maybe the ones that are a 10 and above have you blocked as they don't rate you for their reasons

There's always someone better in the sense of the word than someone else so I wouldn't worry about where anyone fits in between 1 and 10 "

I'm a 10 on modesty!

meath

I'm curious to know what you rate yourselves?

We're happy in our decision to not settle. We give not a single fuck what anyone else thinks about that because this is our life. If someone interprets that as arrogance, crack on

By *oxyvixen99Woman 47 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

We're happy in our decision to not settle. We give not a single fuck what anyone else thinks about that because this is our life. If someone interprets that as arrogance, crack on"

athlone/roscommon

Theres to many people with big ego on here in my opinion iv never seen so my bully on any app as iv seen here as iv been told before this is more a social app then anything else so everyone need to be more respectful to others instead of trying to rate people and have abit of dignity

Somewhere

"Theres to many people with big ego on here in my opinion iv never seen so my bully on any app as iv seen here as iv been told before this is more a social app then anything else so everyone need to be more respectful to others instead of trying to rate people and have abit of dignity "

Always easier to have an ego behind a screen.

athlone/roscommon

Your probably right

"Theres to many people with big ego on here in my opinion iv never seen so my bully on any app as iv seen here as iv been told before this is more a social app then anything else so everyone need to be more respectful to others instead of trying to rate people and have abit of dignity "

Bullying? That's a strong assertion to make.

Whats your type may not be my type

What you find sexy, I might not

What I find hot, leaves you cold

Guys who find you sexy may think I look like Princess Fiona

Is that not life though? If we all liked the same things and the same people, shops would stock less variety of things and there would be a lot of 'Billy No Mates' about lol.

So choose what you like and there is no need to be rude to people who aren't your type.

Everyone is happy!

By *eard and BoobsCouple 47 weeks ago

Portstewart

People can demand whatever they want to but its upto the individual messaging them to decide if they want to send one. We have found that a good number of these types of profiles don't have any public pics so obviously are looking to hide something

Somewhere

"People can demand whatever they want to but its upto the individual messaging them to decide if they want to send one. We have found that a good number of these types of profiles don't have any public pics so obviously are looking to hide something "

this.

athlone/roscommon

"Theres to many people with big ego on here in my opinion iv never seen so my bully on any app as iv seen here as iv been told before this is more a social app then anything else so everyone need to be more respectful to others instead of trying to rate people and have abit of dignity

"

well what would you call it people get ridiculed for things on here if you cant see it you should stand back and take a good hard look

By *rishguy086Man 47 weeks ago

Limerick

Any profiles that ask for a face pic in the 1st message I (mostly) automatically skip. With image search nowdays, there's people out there that try make a "living" off black mailing people when it comes to sites like these..

My 2 cents...

meath

"

Thanks for replying in Pm. If that's how you rate yourself so be it. Most here tend to look at the bigger picture. There's so much more here than a body or looks. Looks may draw you in but personality is what keeps people interested, intrigued and want to be around you. If you can't enjoy someone for how they make you feel inside then looks alone most certainly will not .

By *j TruckerMan 47 weeks ago

monaghan

It is a bit ironic if they don't even have one on their profile itself but at the end of the day to each their own

"Theres to many people with big ego on here in my opinion iv never seen so my bully on any app as iv seen here as iv been told before this is more a social app then anything else so everyone need to be more respectful to others instead of trying to rate people and have abit of dignity

well what would you call it people get ridiculed for things on here if you cant see it you should stand back and take a good hard look "

All I see is a very frustrated man who got blown out in public earlier and who is now feeling a tad bitter.

By *iggBadDaveMan 47 weeks ago

Ards

At the end of the day the ladies on here can ask for whatever they want and if us mails are not prepared to give them it , someone else will.

Thanks for replying in Pm. If that's how you rate yourself so be it. Most here tend to look at the bigger picture. There's so much more here than a body or looks. Looks may draw you in but personality is what keeps people interested, intrigued and want to be around you. If you can't enjoy someone for how they make you feel inside then looks alone most certainly will not ."

Exactly, that's my point. Himself would chat with anyone, regardless of who they are; which can be frustrating at times. He likes to laugh. Herself is very reserved and takes a bit of warming up. We have been asked for our pic and the requester then ghosted us; kind of dishearetening but whatever.

meath

Thanks for replying in Pm. If that's how you rate yourself so be it. Most here tend to look at the bigger picture. There's so much more here than a body or looks. Looks may draw you in but personality is what keeps people interested, intrigued and want to be around you. If you can't enjoy someone for how they make you feel inside then looks alone most certainly will not .

Exactly, that's my point. Himself would chat with anyone, regardless of who they are; which can be frustrating at times. He likes to laugh. Herself is very reserved and takes a bit of warming up. We have been asked for our pic and the requester then ghosted us; kind of dishearetening but whatever. "

I know I wouldn't reply to a profile that has your status .

"sorry, not looking for ugly people"

It doesn't show you in a great light. Thats just my opinion though.

By *oireloveCouple 47 weeks ago

Galway

Men often send them in the first message though. Perhaps women/couples have come to expect this from single men at this stage (I don't). Keep to your boundaries and don't compromise yourself I say!

Ms N

I intend to

athlone/roscommon

well what would you call it people get ridiculed for things on here if you cant see it you should stand back and take a good hard look

All I see is a very frustrated man who got blown out in public earlier and who is now feeling a tad bitter."

lol your a big man with a hidden page it doent say much for you

The West

" your a big man with a hidden page it doent say much for you "

It says he has clear boundaries.

By *empusMan 47 weeks ago

Poole

I (nearly) always send a face pic with my first message, my hope is that it shows I am real and genuine.

Hardly ever message someone with no pics though, there would have to be something else exceptional about their profile and even then I would see it as a bit of a red flag

athlone/roscommon

" your a big man with a hidden page it doent say much for you

It says he has clear boundaries."

i wouldnt be surprise if its your hidden profile to vent at people then look the gentleman with this profile

By *rish_GuyMan 47 weeks ago

Foxford

Personally I'd be abit on my gard. When I seen that on a profile. Asking for 1, but don't tend to send 1 back. I have sent messages to people without a pic, 1 or 2 with a pic. It didn't make much of a difference in the long run, with me. I've no problem sending a pic, if we're going to meetup,aslong as they're willing to send 1 back. Otherwise I keep away from them & move on.

Each to their own,at the same time.

It's just another filter for some on here. Surprisingly some people need to be attracted to someone they've intentions of with playing with.

By *skerMan 47 weeks ago

city

There is way too many picture collectors on this site

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 47 weeks ago

kinkytown

Don't expect them. Don't ask for them unless they have pipped our interest. If people want them in a first mail well that's up to them as it's their profile. No one has to do it.

All I see is a very frustrated man who got blown out in public earlier and who is now feeling a tad bitter.lol your a big man with a hidden page it doent say much for you "

I'm not sure what my profile, or lack of it , has to do with you losing your shit and acting like an aggressive ,entitled little man.

You said there was bullying. I disagree.

athlone/roscommon

All I see is a very frustrated man who got blown out in public earlier and who is now feeling a tad bitter.lol your a big man with a hidden page it doent say much for you

I'm not sure what my profile, or lack of it , has to do with you losing your shit and acting like an aggressive ,entitled little man.

You said there was bullying. I disagree.

"

come back to me when you actually have information on your profile . Your profile is hidden your location says jupiter and your calling me a little man go and get your mommy to put your big boy pants on and grow up. What i joked about was only a passing joke it didnt have anything to do with you or your other profile

By *ustBoWoman 47 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Well op it became a discussion alright

In answer to your question is it worthy of discussion who knows.

I know wouldn't message a profile that asks for face pics straight away I also don't expect someone to send one to me straight away .In fact I don't ask anyhow, but I've found pics are usually exchanged once you chat for a while.

Also I think if someone asks then they should send theirs first. It has worked well for me I don't care what others do.

On another wee tangent there are too many on here who share others pics so that alone puts me off sharing mine anymore as mine has been shared in the past by someone. And no it wasn't a guy either.

athlone/roscommon

There is an auto delete of photos when the message is read which can be handy and OP my apologies today for anything that took away from the orginal topic on here

By *astelloWoman 47 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

I feel if they've a blank profile then they can send a pic.. Especially if I've my pics up. Helps the balance.

Thanks to everybody that took part in the discussion today, it drifted away from the original topic a few times but “Hey” it’s good to talk. Thanks again

By *panishRebelMan 47 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"

I read the bio on profiles every single time. So many couples and ladies mention that unless there is a pic with the message they won't even read it.

I would imagine that much like Maslow's laws many fellas just assume that's the way to do it. Sort of a reward to navigation of the maze correctly.

I don't like feeling manipulated so if a decent message (at least I try any how) isn't good enough then so be it.

Each to their own.

» Add a new message to this topic