FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Women & Motorsport

Women & Motorsport

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    46 weeks ago

Just as a curiosity, I wonder are there any women on this that are into motorsport? I know there’s a good few lads but I haven’t seen too many women about that are into it. As I find myself recently single again and a lot more time to settle in and watch more races (F1, BTCC, WRC etc).

I’ve just come back from a race weekend myself in England and it’s seems more popular over there to the opposite sex than here.

Anyway…. It would be nice to maybe get a few heads together to watch a race in a pub sometime if we had a few? I know there’s plenty in Dublin

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adylaceWoman 46 weeks ago

Waterford City

I am and I know plenty of women into motorsport. The problem with saying it here is that the petrol head community is already pretty small so identities are pretty easily figured out if too much is mentioned here. We are already accused of only being into motorsport to meet men. We don't need to add fuel to that fire.

That’s interesting. I’d never think of it from that perspective. I know a few local girls that are into motorsport or petrol heads and they are defo not into it because of lads ?? If anything the are trying to keep the lads at bay ??.

By *adylaceWoman 46 weeks ago

Waterford City

"That’s interesting. I’d never think of it from that perspective. I know a few local girls that are into motorsport or petrol heads and they are defo not into it because of lads ?? If anything the are trying to keep the lads at bay ??. "

Haha. That's very true. I suppose it's not as bad these days as it was when I was younger. I'm getting old now. Lol

Hahha ah age is but only a number. I know the car scene has certainty changed since I started going though. Avril decent cars not these days of just financed VW’s lowered with a straight through exhaust

» Add a new message to this topic