FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Cool item of clothing

Cool item of clothing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man 45 weeks ago

somewhere

So we all reached an age where we saved for something special to wear, it felt great and we hoped it made us look cool.

For me...a black leather jacket from a shop in The Ilac Centre

Soft black leather that look like bat wings under my arms and patterned all over....went great with my baggy jeans at the time

Wore it with everything...no matter the occasion ...I lived in it....I loved it

Then last night I dreamt about it and I can't remember what happened to it .....

What was your favourite item of clothing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple 45 weeks ago

Waterford

Pair of tommy hilfiger jeans that i still have and ill fit back into them one of these days.

By *amsevenMan 45 weeks ago

cork

Mid 80s cork city fc Jersey I bought off a guy for a tenner in 90s I saw wearing it in the street. That jersey is pure sex

By *eard and BoobsCouple 45 weeks ago

Portstewart

Hub likes his sketchers slipons and gets years outta them

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

Tight white sasperilla jeans with a white blouse that tied above the waist…always scored a slow set with those

By *ealitybitesMan 45 weeks ago

Belfast

Not something I bought but was given a wool coat back in the 80s by a great uncle who had it hand made in Philadelphia in the late 1940s or early 50s.

Calf length but the sleeves are just slightly too short for me.

Didn't stop me wearing it every Saturday night and always got compliments on it.

Still hanging in my wardrobe in good as new condition and still fits apart from the sleeves obviously.

Haven't worn it in a few years though but I'll never give it away because it has so much history.

By *ichael McCarthyMan 45 weeks ago

Lucan

"Hub likes his sketchers slipons and gets years outta them"

I have a couple of pairs of them. God bless Costco!

They're the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet.

By *leasurer77Man 45 weeks ago

Athlone

Black Barbour Steve McQueen edition jacket. Every man should have one!

Saved up my grass cutting money one summer to buy a pair of them massive New Rock boots with all the steel bits

By *llthewaysMan 45 weeks ago

Somewhere

I had a hat that I had through most of my teens, flat top baseball cap style. Sadly no idea where it is now.

My favourite was an Aviator Bomber jacket with fur lining and collar my cousin in the USA sent me when I was about 15. Had to wait a couple of years before it fitted me but boy was it worth the wait!!

By *ichael McCarthyMan 45 weeks ago

Lucan

A pair of Patrick "Keegan Gold" football boots.

They were so light and felt incredible to wear. The only problem was that they were obviously soccer boots and because they were so light and fit like a glove, the ould O'Neill's size 5 stung the foot off you when you got good contact as it felt like you were kicking it with your bare foot. Beautiful boots though.

By *ural delightMan 45 weeks ago

Enniskillen

Xwork jeans they where so comfy. All the rage back in the day

By *otownkid1967Man 45 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Wrangler denim jacket

By *electableicecreamMan 45 weeks ago

The West

A pair of white xworks

God so many over the years but notable ones were the full length leather coat - double breasted, nipped in at the waist and flared out to just below the calf; a pure silk padded bomber jacket in a coral colour that was so soft and light as air; and an off white silk sleeveless swing blouse with a little rounded collar that I ended up buying twice because my mum put the first one in a boil wash

By *eanR2023Man 45 weeks ago

Dublin

They’re used to a shoe shop in the ilac centre back in the day “80’s” that sold way out there cool shoes can’t remember the name of it. Something mark I think and I love the shoes there

By *oxyvixen99Woman 45 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

Oxblood red zip up DMs. Worn them until the sole fell apart. They were the softest leather ever

By *s LollyWoman 45 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Chocolate brown Uggs boots that i bought in Canada a good few years ago wore them all year round till they fell off my feet was gutted but my brother went to Oz and brought me back the exact same pair a few years later alas over wearing them they to got old and battered

When I was a teenager my relatives in the states sent me over a jacket. Similar to what tom cruise wore in top gun. Soft leather, badges stitched all over it and fur on collar. I was the evvy with all the kids in school.felt super cool wearing it

By *astelloWoman 45 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Paisley print jacket. Must have it 18 years now, everyone compliments me on it. Multi coloured so wears with everything. Bought it out of my first wage packet in Cork city in a boutique.

By *og-Man OP   Man 45 weeks ago

somewhere

"They’re used to a shoe shop in the ilac centre back in the day “80’s” that sold way out there cool shoes can’t remember the name of it. Something mark I think and I love the shoes there "

Was it Simon Hart

By *eanR2023Man 45 weeks ago

Dublin

"They’re used to a shoe shop in the ilac centre back in the day “80’s” that sold way out there cool shoes can’t remember the name of it. Something mark I think and I love the shoes there

Was it Simon Hart "

That’s the place

Cream/off-white wrangler knitted jumper. Got it as a Xmas present off an aunt in my late teens, still get compliments

By *affa31Woman 45 weeks ago

Galway

Anyone that still has their “cool” clothes and they still fit should do a fab pic with them

By *adger BrocMan 45 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"Anyone that still has their “cool” clothes and they still fit should do a fab pic with them "

Most of my "cool clothes" would probably not fit comfortably but I don't have them to try on for a pic as I tend not to hold onto things I no longer have much use for.

Oh.....except for my "birthday suit".

That still fits perfectly...(see my friends only pics).

By * la carteCouple 45 weeks ago

Dublin

A pair of black knee high "riding style" boots, laces running full length of the shaft, bought in Arnotts in the 90s. I got a couple of decades out of them and believe my sister still has them to this day

By *ot neuteredMan 45 weeks ago

Kildare

I still have the black leather jacket I bought when I was 17, and it still fits. but the 2 items I most fondly remember were a long sleeved french fisherman's top, blue and white striped, and a white t-shirt which looked a bit like the old type wool vests, as in Long John's, both appearntly showed off the wide shoulders I had, but I hadn't realised that girls liked, but I always shifted wearing either

I gave up on being cool longer ago than I care to remember

By *oo32Man 45 weeks ago

tipperary

"Tight white sasperilla jeans with a white blouse that tied above the waist…always scored a slow set with those "

And what about cat

By *oo32Man 45 weeks ago

tipperary

16 hole docs...

Black leather jacket

I had a wee part time job as a waiter and saved up my meagre wages to buy a pair of Bay City Roller jeans and white short sleeved shirt - both edged in red tartan. Fuck I walked around the place as if I was Eric their lead singer

Simon Hart

By *eart-shaped-foxMan 45 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

My mother's cousin gave me a pair of doc Martins he had modified, steel rings, studs, buckles. The lot. They were 15 years old when I got them in 2001ish.. I wore them everywhere for years, got slagged to fuck over them. Still have them somewhere but my taste in clothes evolved with my grá for cailíní

Black suede over the knee boots from biba in Kensington high st

By *-4pleasureCouple 45 weeks ago

Belfast

"Mid 80s cork city fc Jersey I bought off a guy for a tenner in 90s I saw wearing it in the street. That jersey is pure sex "

Is that the one in the style of the west Germany top ? If so it’s brilliant!!

By *electableicecreamMan 45 weeks ago

The West

Last year I bought a pair of Blundstone boots with my first post packet from the biggest contract I ever landed. They are my favourite thing I wear

By *adger BrocMan 45 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"Last year I bought a pair of Blundstone boots with my first post packet from the biggest contract I ever landed. They are my favourite thing I wear"

Bought a pair of Blunnies in Hobart years ago. Best boots ever.

My Bros Shoes with the bottle tops, saw them in the Point was my first concert I thought I looked to cool with them lol

By *ri382Man 45 weeks ago

cork

I had the xworks dungarees back in the day no one else had them thought i was the biz, then got my first shift at a disco wearing em slaggers weren't long with their bottom lips turned out! still rock em maybe not as cool anymore

By *ealitybitesMan 45 weeks ago

Belfast

Ok. Cool item new pic up.

Guaranteed to make you moist so get fabbing when you recover.

PS. Slight amendment to the original post. It was tailored in Rochester New York in the late 1940s.

» Add a new message to this topic