Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astello OP   Woman 44 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

No doubt this was done before, but..

Do you read them?

Do they change your mind?

Do you prefer short or long?

Is it pics before text?

Does the "fill in later" make you scream.

Does the manifesto of 15 paragraphs make you keen?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * la carteCouple 44 weeks ago

Dublin

"No doubt this was done before, but..

Do you read them?

Is it pics before text?

Does the manifesto of 15 paragraphs make you keen?"

I read them, yes.

A profile can't change my mind because it either catches my eyes so I'm interested to find out more or it doesn't, meaning unless it's followed with a catchy message and/or pic, I don't want to find out more.

It's the profile as a whole that gives the vibe so both pics and text are of consideration.

Nothing makes me scream on Fab - it doesn't have that hold over me

If the 15 paragraphs are well written, it'll give loads to start a conversation

By *og-ManMan 44 weeks ago

somewhere

Im just here for the pics

By *electableicecreamMan 44 weeks ago

The West

Age first then pics. I scan the bio and it anything catches my eye I'll take it in with the bigger picture.

I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what's written in the bio of anyone I'm having a conversation with but I always know what they look like.

By *ust M.A.IMan 44 weeks ago

Mullingar

First thing I check it's if they meet smokers, if they do I proceed in looking further at the profile, if they say they aren't looking for single guys I move on, no point in wasting anyone's time.

Fill in later definitely something I run from.

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

I love a blank profile that joined 2 hours ago and says hmu for fun, for 18-99 year olds

Other than that, If I haven’t been grabbed by pics but the bio is something that screams of my kind of person (intelligent , sarcastic , and someone worth talking to) then it’s often been the right call previously to talk to that person..

Do you read them?

Is it pics before text?

Yes

No

Depends

Text,I think a person knows.

Yes

Depends on what's written

By *ealitybitesMan 44 weeks ago

Belfast

I only read them if they fit certain criteria.

First thing I look at is age and then location.

If they don't fit I click out of the profile without looking further.

Pics are the last thing I'll look at in any profile and if they aren't consistent with what it says in the profile that's a no no too.

I have lots of paragraphs so can't really complain about long bios but there's a happy medium between can't be arsed and I'm up my own arse.

By *mmortalValkyrieWoman 44 weeks ago

From a galaxy far far away

"I only read them if they fit certain criteria.

First thing I look at is age and then location.

If they don't fit I click out of the profile without looking further.

Pics are the last thing I'll look at in any profile and if they aren't consistent with what it says in the profile that's a no no too.

I have lots of paragraphs so can't really complain about long bios but there's a happy medium between can't be arsed and I'm up my own arse. "

Yours is very funny, well written and laid out tbh most are kack... mines too long and wordy lol

By *omtom7Man 44 weeks ago

Tralee

Your pictures make up for it, lol.

Location catches my eye first, a meet is unlikely to happen if we’re opposite ends of the country but you never know. I met a lady from Newcastle UK while on hols in the Canaries so anything’s possible.

Bio then pics

Age is important as I prefer nearer to mine but will chat with anyone

“Fill in later” means I won’t be back to check later.

By *hivers2020Woman 44 weeks ago

lolli land

I put song lyrics on mine as I hadn’t planned on being active when I had set up the profile but turns out to be a great opener for people to message about and we can bond over the love of oasis. Although I’ve been asked many a time if I was a poet so not everyone gets it.

I’d read lads profile bio’s after they message me but the content wouldn’t really make any odds in whether I would meet them of not, I’d go off their messages and pictures. I don’t think I’ve ever taken note of someone’s age preferences or the list of what they are into to be honest. I’d read their verifications and look at the profiles of who they have met. If all their meets are with ladies who are slim and beautiful then I’d tell them I’m probably not for them as I’m a bit bigger.

By *yesgreenMan 44 weeks ago

north and south

"I put song lyrics on mine as I hadn’t planned on being active when I had set up the profile but turns out to be a great opener for people to message about and we can bond over the love of oasis. Although I’ve been asked many a time if I was a poet so not everyone gets it.

I’d read lads profile bio’s after they message me but the content wouldn’t really make any odds in whether I would meet them of not, I’d go off their messages and pictures. I don’t think I’ve ever taken note of someone’s age preferences or the list of what they are into to be honest. I’d read their verifications and look at the profiles of who they have met. If all their meets are with ladies who are slim and beautiful then I’d tell them I’m probably not for them as I’m a bit bigger. "

I enjoy the read and funny interesting profile and I think opposites attract , Am never looking for perfect only perfect for me and fun Conversations in or out of the bedroom

I read the bio and sometimes the tone of the wording can give me a slightly bad vibe about the profile

And if I’m engaged in messaging the profile then sometimes my suspicions can be confirmed

By *aucyladMan 44 weeks ago

Dublin

Yes I read them, the ones which ask you to inputt a specific phrase or codeword into the subject to prove you've read the profile......yeah I find that bit total horseshit actually!

somewhere

Some bios very well written,showing a great deal of someone's personality.....then they totally ruin it by posting the warning paragraph about Sydney University or ever the new one about GDPR regulations

By *OCONO5Couple 44 weeks ago

Sensual Center

Smoke or vape first ....

Photos

Then read

Then verification

By *omtom7Man 44 weeks ago

Tralee

See pic of No5s ass. Come to complete halt

By *llthewaysMan 44 weeks ago

Somewhere

First thing I do is check preferences, if I don't match their criteria I leave the profile. No point in reading a bio or looking longingly at pictures of someone who won't want to meet me.

After that I read the bio, check pictures and any visible verifications.

Too short, nothing to say

Too long, nobody's that interesting except presumably to themselves

By *elfastDMan 44 weeks ago

belfast

I almost always read the profile text and a funny witty description makes me want to message them, whereas something with a list of demands or with little effort makes me not want to message them.

It’s a fine balance and long text works for some but not others

By *ensualnFunCouple 44 weeks ago

Midlands

"Some bios very well written,showing a great deal of someone's personality.....then they totally ruin it by posting the warning paragraph about Sydney University or ever the new one about GDPR regulations "

I agree to that!

So many people use it though even though it’s rubbish.

Some people use it instead of a bio too 1 line bio 3 huge paragraphs of Sydney and other such rubbish

A bio WITHOUT the disclaimer bit tend to catch my attention… of course it depends on what they write but I find bios hard to write so as long as people try… you can always find out more by chatting.

By *leasurer77Man 44 weeks ago

Athlone

Essential to read just in case they include an instruction about a key word to include in a message. Also helps to prevent me wasting my time and their time deleting it

By *leasurer77Man 44 weeks ago

Athlone

"Some bios very well written,showing a great deal of someone's personality.....then they totally ruin it by posting the warning paragraph about Sydney University or ever the new one about GDPR regulations "

Proceeds to check if we forgot to remove it...

By *ofusplusCouple 44 weeks ago

Limerick

Ours reads a bit like an FAQ page but it saves on misunderstandings about what we like and look for.

I do find one-liner bios a bit offputting as we like to get an idea of the people behind a profile using both pics and bio. Not a deal breaker though.

Definitely offputting when we receive a wink but the bio states that they are looking specifically for a woman or a couple with a bi-female. Mrs

By *he English OneMan 44 weeks ago

west

Do you read them?

Is it pics before text?

Well it would make sense to read the profiles otherwise how do you know if you are what they are looking for

For profiles that have variations of 'will fill later' or 'whatever age looking to meet men's etc I guess anything goes really like a blank canvas if your attempt doesn't work simply wash away and move on

There’s a fine balance between “I’ll read this” to ah for fuck sake it’s like a James Joyce novel ???? but yeah always good to read to see what they are into. Gamble with the ones who have nothing filled out

By *electableicecreamMan 44 weeks ago

The West

"Ours reads a bit like an FAQ page but it saves on misunderstandings about what we like and look for.

I do find one-liner bios a bit offputting as we like to get an idea of the people behind a profile using both pics and bio. Not a deal breaker though.

Definitely offputting when we receive a wink but the bio states that they are looking specifically for a woman or a couple with a bi-female. Mrs "

You guys have a great profile and was on my hot list within a week of joining!

By *s LollyWoman 44 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

When a profile catches my eye ill always read the bio first to see if id be what their looking for, then it's verfies amount dosent bother me but who does, the length of the bio dosent bother me either once it's not to self absorbed, other then that ill message away

By *oghunter33Woman 44 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

Jaysos Bog, I wouldn't have thought you're that easily irritated.

By *ildGroverMan 44 weeks ago

rathfarnham

What's a bio??

somewhere

"Some bios very well written,showing a great deal of someone's personality.....then they totally ruin it by posting the warning paragraph about Sydney University or ever the new one about GDPR regulations

Jaysos Bog, I wouldn't have thought you're that easily irritated. "

Im more the irritating type DH

I tend to forget bio's anyway to be honest especially when I know I'm not what they're looking for

Personally I don't like to read book about someone life.some basic information why you here what you up to and what is the best way to catch you up.and I hate those bdsm test results I am not analysis person so...and if you have pictures is always good

By *ORBCouple 44 weeks ago

Dundalk

Yes I read profiles,it's my go to before I even open a message from anyone on here is to look at their profile.Look at age etc first,then pics then read the profile. I like it to tell me something about the person,fill in later ones usually just get the message deleted. And ones with the disclaimers on them are usually a border line delete as well.Bo.

By *ichael McCarthyMan 44 weeks ago

Lucan

What's a profile? I just look at the pics

Limerick

"Ours reads a bit like an FAQ page but it saves on misunderstandings about what we like and look for.

Definitely offputting when we receive a wink but the bio states that they are looking specifically for a woman or a couple with a bi-female. Mrs

You guys have a great profile and was on my hot list within a week of joining!"

Remember what I said about PR

But thank you kindly, you're on ours as well

Limerick

"What's a profile? I just look at the pics "

Speaking of which, it's coming up to your 10-year pic posting anniversary Mick, you planning a celebration?

Lucan

"What's a profile? I just look at the pics

Speaking of which, it's coming up to your 10-year pic posting anniversary Mick, you planning a celebration? "

Jaysus, I might even honour you with a new photo!

By *aid backMan 44 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

Speaking of which, it's coming up to your 10-year pic posting anniversary Mick, you planning a celebration? "

He said he'll update pics when Leitrim with the all ireland

Lucan

Speaking of which, it's coming up to your 10-year pic posting anniversary Mick, you planning a celebration?

He said he'll update pics when Leitrim with the all ireland "

Well we're a year closer to it now than we were a year ago!

Limerick

He said he'll update pics when Leitrim with the all ireland

Well we're a year closer to it now than we were a year ago! "

Have Leitrim enough for a football team I wonder?

By *scouple07Couple 44 weeks ago

louth, Ireland

We look at the profile 1st but that's usually after the profile pic intrigues us

By *astello OP   Woman 44 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Those with a 18 to 99 preference.... Humm dilly humm..

Surely you could narrow it down to a decade or two....

By *rish_GuyMan 44 weeks ago

Foxford

Yes, I read them. I read from top to bottom, while I'm doing it I check the age range, are they looking for single guy's, then look at the pictures. I might fab a pic or 2. Hopefully they'll look at mine, if that's all that happens, it's fine with me. Long or short doesn't bother me, as mine is fairly long aswell.

I have the 18 to 99, as a way of keeping my options out, for now anyway's. I might change that in the future.

No pictures & fill in later on a profile that's joined for 6 months or more, is a red flag for me personally. If they're not long on Fab, it's understandable, I'm fine with that really.

» Add a new message to this topic