FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Preferred shaving methods

Preferred shaving methods

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    43 weeks ago

Morning all! Question about groin shaving, not face

For a long time I shaved my bits with an electric trimmer which was marketed as being for that purpose. Was reasonably happy with the results but it was never 100% smooth and I’d get the occasional nick which is always a pain especially if it happens the day of a meet.

Asking around for other options it was suggested I try the good old fashioned razor and gel which to be honest had never occurred to me. I’ve had a beard for over 20 years so don’t even own a razor. I always assumed I’d cut myself to ribbons if I went manual.

I went out, got the necessaries and couldn’t believe how much faster and easier it was, and how much better of a result, too.

So my question is - for both ladies and guys- how do you shave and did you ever have a similar epiphany? Or am I just slow?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eanjamescoolMan 43 weeks ago

cork

"Morning all! Question about groin shaving, not face

For a long time I shaved my bits with an electric trimmer which was marketed as being for that purpose. Was reasonably happy with the results but it was never 100% smooth and I’d get the occasional nick which is always a pain especially if it happens the day of a meet.

Asking around for other options it was suggested I try the good old fashioned razor and gel which to be honest had never occurred to me. I’ve had a beard for over 20 years so don’t even own a razor. I always assumed I’d cut myself to ribbons if I went manual.

I went out, got the necessaries and couldn’t believe how much faster and easier it was, and how much better of a result, too.

So my question is - for both ladies and guys- how do you shave and did you ever have a similar epiphany? Or am I just slow? "

By *eanjamescoolMan 43 weeks ago

cork

Waxing a little painful on the day but we'll worth it

By *oxyvixen99Woman 43 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

Sugaring

By (user no longer on site) OP    43 weeks ago

Ah yes, forgot to mention waxing/sugaring. I suppose I steer away from that because yeah it gives a great result but how long does it last before you’d feel like shaving/waxing again? I do prefer to be smooth for any given encounter.

I confess to never having tried waxing. Maybe I’ll have to.

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

For me, K, I use a gentle exfoliator then a shave gel for sensitive skin with a men's 5 blade razor (always use a new blade every time for best results and to prevent any germs getting into accidental nicks), then a very light moisturiser afterwards.

E tends to keep himself tightly trimmed these days rather than completely smooth

By *oxyvixen99Woman 43 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

"Ah yes, forgot to mention waxing/sugaring. I suppose I steer away from that because yeah it gives a great result but how long does it last before you’d feel like shaving/waxing again? I do prefer to be smooth for any given encounter.

I confess to never having tried waxing. Maybe I’ll have to. "

3-4 weeks

Same as above, gotta be a new 5 blade or the job won’t get done

By *ealitybitesMan 43 weeks ago

Belfast

Philips groin gouger when trimming but if going smooth I'll always use a razor with hair conditioner rather than shaving gel or foam.

It's a game changer.

By *eard and BoobsCouple 43 weeks ago

Portstewart

Veet or nair also do a decent job just don't overdo it

By * la carteCouple 43 weeks ago

Dublin

Electric trimmer for a close trim, wet shave with shaving gel for a clean shave

By *otownkid1967Man 43 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Personally, I tend to use a good razorback with plenty of shaving foam after a bath,then moisturiser 2 x times a week.

"Philips groin gouger when trimming but if going smooth I'll always use a razor with hair conditioner rather than shaving gel or foam.

It's a game changer. "

Groin gouger

By *thDubSubTV/TS 43 weeks ago

Southside

Cutthroat blade all the way, living on the edge

» Add a new message to this topic