FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Dating Apps

Dating Apps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    39 weeks ago

With cuffing season fast approaching.

Time to set up applications for the ole winter BF.

Of course that means downloading of the ole dating apps again (bare in mind last time I used the dating apps was 9 months ago or there abouts )

Accounts reactivated off I go to have a nosey as to who’s near by.

All I see is the same faces all the time still on the apps.

I’ve been using these apps 5 year now on and off.

These users are fairly damn regular users as well.

Surely they would have found someone by now!

I just think it’s mad like.

Fab and dating apps are 2 completely different concepts.

Feel for people on dating apps for such a long long time and no successful outcome.

Is the reality of dating successfully in this day and age completely doomed ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rish_GuyMan 39 weeks ago

Foxford

For personally dating app's, are complete waste of time. For me anyway's. I know they work great for others, not for me. Nearly every woman that I matched with, couldn't be arsed to reply to my message or even send a message to me. I'll be deleting them altogether at the end of the year. So it'll be fresh start to the New Year, next year.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 39 weeks ago

South West London

Only recently joined Bumble and spoke to a few women on there

By *hondrosMan 39 weeks ago

Longford

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've hopped on some dating apps recently since no longer in a relationship and boy, it's tough out there for a dude. Last time I've used any was about 5-10 years ago, and got a few decent dates out of it, fun, no real relationships tho. Most of my previous ltr were from meeting them in person.

Now that I'm way less socialble and live in the sticks I don't see any applicants coming my way soon

By *ingpot!Man 39 weeks ago

West Cork

I have a love/hate relationship with all of them.. on one hand it's great to "window shop" and have an opener that might be easier than approaching someone in real life.

But it also can feel incredibly cold and disconnected and absolutely agree with OP about the same people (bots?) being around time and time again.. I find it all can be a bit soul crushing.

Thanks for posting this OP

By *hondrosMan 39 weeks ago

Longford

"I have a love/hate relationship with all of them.. on one hand it's great to "window shop" and have an opener that might be easier than approaching someone in real life.

But it also can feel incredibly cold and disconnected and absolutely agree with OP about the same people (bots?) being around time and time again.. I find it all can be a bit soul crushing.

Thanks for posting this OP "

Bots are usually ed out quickly after a few reports, also bumble/hinge has less chances of that especially if you're only matching verified.

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

I'd say if you were to look for a winter bf / fwb on here you'd find one quite easily op.

Online dating apps ?..one word .. Horrible...for loads of different reasons..

Each to their own etc but certainly not for me , those that do love them..have a great time there .. Knock yourself out on them ..but I'll pass thanks .

"With cuffing season fast approaching.

Of course that means downloading of the ole dating apps again (bare in mind last time I used the dating apps was 9 months ago or there abouts )

Feel for people on dating apps for such a long long time and no successful outcome.

Is the reality of dating successfully in this day and age completely doomed ? "

There are People of a certain vintage that are there for a long time because they have no intention of ever being with someone , they're far too settled on their own to have another person throw everything in the air as such and upset their routine , they're wine drinking couch surfers who want their ego fed and have no intention of ever being with someone, they're only on those apps to fill their time at night , they're in their routine now and quite happy to be there and nobody will ever take them out of there., they look at a guy and prefer to walk the dog ...maybe l'm completely wrong but that's my take on a certain vintage, they have no intention of ever meeting... they're quite happy to be on their own .

"Only recently joined Bumble and spoke to a few women on there"

I’ve never tried Bumble.

"For personally dating app's, are complete waste of time. For me anyway's. I know they work great for others, not for me. Nearly every woman that I matched with, couldn't be arsed to reply to my message or even send a message to me. I'll be deleting them altogether at the end of the year. So it'll be fresh start to the New Year, next year."

Yes they can be very frustrating that’s why I never stay on them for very long.

By *electableicecreamMan 39 weeks ago

The West

I remember installing Tinder after a 17yr relationship. Had nooooo idea. I had a great time to be honest and I met a woman there I had a great, if short, relationship with.

Went back on Tinder and Feeld a few weeks ago to have a nosey and it's been fun.

Definitely some familiar faces. And a few fabbers.

Definitely soul destroying if that's what your relying on to meet people.

It's fun having a perv at people with faces though.

I have my first tinder coffee meet tomorrow.

"I can't speak for anyone else, but I've hopped on some dating apps recently since no longer in a relationship and boy, it's tough out there for a dude. Last time I've used any was about 5-10 years ago, and got a few decent dates out of it, fun, no real relationships tho. Most of my previous ltr were from meeting them in person.

Now that I'm way less socialble and live in the sticks I don't see any applicants coming my way soon "

Do you think things have changed massivejy on the dating scene since Covid ?

There are People of a certain vintage that are there for a long time because they have no intention of ever being with someone , they're far too settled on their own to have another person throw everything in the air as such and upset their routine , they're wine drinking couch surfers who want their ego fed and have no intention of ever being with someone, they're only on those apps to fill their time at night , they're in their routine now and quite happy to be there and nobody will ever take them out of there., they look at a guy and prefer to walk the dog ...maybe l'm completely wrong but that's my take on a certain vintage, they have no intention of ever meeting... they're quite happy to be on their own ."

This is so true !!!

I’ve been on coffee dates with some of these and found them extremely miserable negative people and are only looking to get their ego stroked.

Majority of women who are serious about finding someone. Simply won’t take part in that behaviour. I think these types of people are aware of this and have grown to be comfortable with this existence and they are just enough under the radar to escape moderators of these apps/sites

By *oy.2022Man 39 weeks ago

Dublin

"Only recently joined Bumble and spoke to a few women on there

I’ve never tried Bumble. "

In Bumble, only the woman can message first

By *eardedvillainMan 39 weeks ago

Bangor N.Ireland

Dating apps and here both the same,not a sniff,90% of all dating apps you need to pay to be able to do anything now.Total rubbish.

West Cork

"Dating apps and here both the same,not a sniff,90% of all dating apps you need to pay to be able to do anything now.Total rubbish."

Fab's not the same at all in my opinion.. you're not inundated with ads and the paid side is for minor quality of life improvements, not necessary at all.

Fab is far more open than dating apps, especially due to discussion spaces like the forums and the ability to open mail filters

By *anda2coxWoman 39 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Is there any actual dating apps that aren't used solely for hook ups? I agree it's soul destroying. I use here for hook ups so don't need another app for that

Bangor N.Ireland

"Dating apps and here both the same,not a sniff,90% of all dating apps you need to pay to be able to do anything now.Total rubbish.

Fab's not the same at all in my opinion.. you're not inundated with ads and the paid side is for minor quality of life improvements, not necessary at all.

Fab is far more open than dating apps, especially due to discussion spaces like the forums and the ability to open mail filters "

Ment the same as in not meeting anyone=not a sniff,but thanks for the detailed reply.

West Cork

"Dating apps and here both the same,not a sniff,90% of all dating apps you need to pay to be able to do anything now.Total rubbish.

Fab is far more open than dating apps, especially due to discussion spaces like the forums and the ability to open mail filters

Ment the same as in not meeting anyone=not a sniff,but thanks for the detailed reply."

Aye the odds are certainly stacked against single guys, especially those not into swinging on a swinger site Best of luck

The West

"Dating apps and here both the same,not a sniff,90% of all dating apps you need to pay to be able to do anything now.Total rubbish."

I guess it might be the same in the sense that your mileage may vary if your trying to get laid.

I've had enough matches in the last two weeks that it's kept my interest. Mostly short but fun chats and a couple that are gonna be a nice coffee and a chat at the very least.

It's important to remember that dating apps have a fiduciary responsibility to their investors to maximize profits and that means keeping people on the app and not getting the matched up and off into the horizon.

Keeping people feeling vaguely inadequate and that the right person is just slightly out of reach but could be just around the corner is very profitable.

I'm obsessed with figuring out to game an algorithm. Tinder is no exception. It has patterns and responds to a smartly constructed profile.

By *heBlowinsCouple 39 weeks ago

West Cork

I guess it might be the same in the sense that your mileage may vary if your trying to get laid.

I've had enough matches in the last two weeks that it's kept my interest. Mostly short but fun chats and a couple that are gonna be a nice coffee and a chat at the very least.

It's important to remember that dating apps have a fiduciary responsibility to their investors to maximize profits and that means keeping people on the app and not getting the matched up and off into the horizon.

Keeping people feeling vaguely inadequate and that the right person is just slightly out of reach but could be just around the corner is very profitable.

I'm obsessed with figuring out to game an algorithm. Tinder is no exception. It has patterns and responds to a smartly constructed profile."

Oof we wish you lived closer

On off them a few years now and definitely notice the same few guys are still there. I get bored and usually delete within a week, I honestly don't think people put any effort into dating anymore , they are always looking over their shoulder for the next sparkly thing that comes along.

As for here, been here before not sure why I've rejoined as I definitely don't consider myself a swinger. I'm going to say it's the sparking conversations on the forums and the hot pics that keep me here.

I'm at a stage in my life where I want companionship rather than a relationship. Companionship with bloody hot sex though

The West

"On off them a few years now and definitely notice the same few guys are still there. I get bored and usually delete within a week, I honestly don't think people put any effort into dating anymore , they are always looking over their shoulder for the next sparkly thing that comes along.

As for here, been here before not sure why I've rejoined as I definitely don't consider myself a swinger. I'm going to say it's the sparking conversations on the forums and the hot pics that keep me here.

I'm at a stage in my life where I want companionship rather than a relationship. Companionship with bloody hot sex though "

"Companionship with bloody hot sex though!"

I honestly got that's in your tinder bio!

My dating bio state's very cleary (at the bottom) that I'm ENM and looking for a local fwb with a nice rapport.

I find I get less time consuming matches like that and don't have to do the dance where we all pretend we are not looking for great sex.

"I have a love/hate relationship with all of them.. on one hand it's great to "window shop" and have an opener that might be easier than approaching someone in real life.

Thanks for posting this OP "

No probs

I totally get the soul crushing part .

I can already feel the will I just delete then all AGAIN vibe coming over me !

[Removed by poster at 19/09/23 10:40:00]

Maybe people are going through the same situation and going on and off them and its pure coincidence ye are all seeing eachother?

Or the guys are just staying on it to get asmuch action as possible haha

There are People of a certain vintage that are there for a long time because they have no intention of ever being with someone , they're far too settled on their own to have another person throw everything in the air as such and upset their routine , they're wine drinking couch surfers who want their ego fed and have no intention of ever being with someone, they're only on those apps to fill their time at night , they're in their routine now and quite happy to be there and nobody will ever take them out of there., they look at a guy and prefer to walk the dog ...maybe l'm completely wrong but that's my take on a certain vintage, they have no intention of ever meeting... they're quite happy to be on their own .

This is so true !!!

I’ve been on coffee dates with some of these and found them extremely miserable negative people and are only looking to get their ego stroked.

Majority of women who are serious about finding someone. Simply won’t take part in that behaviour. I think these types of people are aware of this and have grown to be comfortable with this existence and they are just enough under the radar to escape moderators of these apps/sites"

I try to stay away from negative people wether here or in the real World , people with negative views will always have them and if...If..a person is in their environment all the time then there's only one result..a lot of the time people like that don't want to see you happy .. simply because you don't see things their way ,you're are positive, happy and have a get go attitude... everything they're not .

Maybe people are going through the same situation and going on and off them and its pure coincidence ye are all seeing eachother?

Or the guys are just staying on it to get asmuch action as possible haha"

In an ideal world if sites/apps were used correctly life be way easier.

For example fab is for hook ups/swinging etc but not everyone is here solely for that purpose some are only here purely for a nose that’s it which of course causes major issues for the genuine people who want to use the site for what it’s actual purpose is.

Same applies to dating apps. If people used the dating apps for just dating and nothing else make everyone’s lives far easier.

But there are far too many nosy people out there.

West Cork

For example fab is for hook ups/swinging etc but not everyone is here solely for that purpose some are only here purely for a nose that’s it which of course causes major issues for the genuine people who want to use the site for what it’s actual purpose is.

Same applies to dating apps. If people used the dating apps for just dating and nothing else make everyone’s lives far easier.

But there are far too many nosy people out there. "

Amen... now.. don't mind me while I have another nose around your profile

The West

I wonder if fab has outgrown it's definition of a simple match making site for people to have sex.

There's quite a few people I know that don't meet for sex that are very active in the social scene for example. Fab affords them access to a community of like minded people.

The chat and cam rooms probably have the largest active user base and no one there wants to meet. It's all about exhibitionism and voyeuristic play. And plenty of people, especially in England just use it to hang out with their friends.

Hot pics is another good example. Loads of people go there just to look at amateur porn.

I wonder if fab has outgrown it's definition of a simple match making site for people to have sex.

There's quite a few people I know that don't meet for sex that are very active in the social scene for example. Fab affords them access to a community of like minded people.

The chat and cam rooms probably have the largest active user base and no one there wants to meet. It's all about exhibitionism and voyeuristic play. And plenty of people, especially in England just use it to hang out with their friends.

Hot pics is another good example. Loads of people go there just to look at amateur porn."

I think like a lot of online sites, people's wants and needs change as their life changes, I'm sure a few joined here thinking they should be having wild uninhibited sex daily ( hopefully a few are) , and I'm sure the longer you are here your personal wants and needs change for whatever reason. When I joined first it was to gain confidence and feel better about myself, I definitely have gained confidence but as for the exploring of sex it hasn't really happened so that's on hold for now.

The social side is what keeps me here, the friends I've made,the memories I've made, just need someone to restore my faith in men

By *he MickMan 39 weeks ago

southside

I'm back on tinder and bumble in the last few months, I did meet my last girlfriend on tinder and that lasted 18 months which ended November 22

I find you have to be in the right frame of mind for them to work and be open to coffee dates and such .

I had a date last Thursday and before I met her I knew she wouldn't be called back for a second interview , I just wasn't in the right frame of mind and I didn't want to cancel on her so we had drinks and left it there.

I do believe in this day an age it's your best chance of meeting someone but that said I am still single .

Bangor N.Ireland

Ment the same as in not meeting anyone=not a sniff,but thanks for the detailed reply.

Aye the odds are certainly stacked against single guys, especially those not into swinging on a swinger site Best of luck "

Cheers fella I sure as fook need it lol

"I remember installing Tinder after a 17yr relationship. Had nooooo idea. I had a great time to be honest and I met a woman there I had a great, if short, relationship with.

Went back on Tinder and Feeld a few weeks ago to have a nosey and it's been fun.

Definitely some familiar faces. And a few fabbers.

Definitely soul destroying if that's what your relying on to meet people.

It's fun having a perv at people with faces though.

I have my first tinder coffee meet tomorrow. "

Woooohoooo best of luck

This would be great if it was the case...sadly its probably too good to be true

Hot pics is another good example. Loads of people go there just to look at amateur porn.

I think like a lot of online sites, people's wants and needs change as their life changes, I'm sure a few joined here thinking they should be having wild uninhibited sex daily ( hopefully a few are) , and I'm sure the longer you are here your personal wants and needs change for whatever reason. When I joined first it was to gain confidence and feel better about myself, I definitely have gained confidence but as for the exploring of sex it hasn't really happened so that's on hold for now.

The social side is what keeps me here, the friends I've made,the memories I've made, just need someone to restore my faith in men "

Yes when I 1st joined compared to now my wants and needs have certainly changed.

I am now a fully active member of the swinging community and you’re right the social side that swinging brings is amazing.

Like yourself I have been lucky enough to meet some fabulous people.

I originally signed up to get my hole haha but have gained so much more in the last few years.

Sex part is the bonus really I never have any expectations when it comes to swinging.

"I'm back on tinder and bumble in the last few months, I did meet my last girlfriend on tinder and that lasted 18 months which ended November 22

I find you have to be in the right frame of mind for them to work and be open to coffee dates and such .

I had a date last Thursday and before I met her I knew she wouldn't be called back for a second interview , I just wasn't in the right frame of mind and I didn't want to cancel on her so we had drinks and left it there.

I do believe in this day an age it's your best chance of meeting someone but that said I am still single ."

They need to bring back speed dating.

That was some laugh back in the day hahaha

By *r_Insatiable666Man 39 weeks ago

Cork

"I'm back on tinder and bumble in the last few months, I did meet my last girlfriend on tinder and that lasted 18 months which ended November 22

I do believe in this day an age it's your best chance of meeting someone but that said I am still single .

That was some laugh back in the day hahaha "

I have a hard time believing you have an issue getting dates

I have a hard time believing you have an issue getting dates "

You know me now B I’m a picky bitch hahaha

By *r_Insatiable666Man 39 weeks ago

Cork

"

I have a hard time believing you have an issue getting dates

You know me now B I’m a picky bitch hahaha "

Well you do deserve only the best

Yes this is quite frustrating.

Fab charges a fee for more navigation of the site and it’s very reasonably priced.

Compared to the dating apps .

Also if you don’t want to pay the site supporter fee you can still navigate the site reasonably.

I met loads of women on tinder when I was on it… can’t get a dog to bark at me on fab!

Yeah dating apps just never work for me

By *astelloWoman 39 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

I actually found fab from tinder and kik.. After 17 year relationship, I was like "whats this new world about" .

Realised quickly that dating didn't exist.. More hookups.. So became disillusioned.. Least here you havea clear idea of the world you exist in. Although I'm still in quasi relationship/fwb world.

The West

"I actually found fab from tinder and kik.. After 17 year relationship, I was like "whats this new world about" .

Realised quickly that dating didn't exist.. More hookups.. So became disillusioned.. Least here you havea clear idea of the world you exist in. Although I'm still in quasi relationship/fwb world. "

I was on tinder for about six months before I met my then girl friend. Never had a hook up. Loads of really nice dates. Honestly never had a bad experience.

By *oe Cool xxxMan 39 weeks ago

South Dublin

I went back on to the dating sites and thought how can the same people be here after all this time and then thought they’re prob seeing me and thinking the same thing

By *oe Cool xxxMan 39 weeks ago

South Dublin

That was some laugh back in the day hahaha "

Speed dating is back a company arranges nigjghtz in town

By *ioandPabloCouple 39 weeks ago

Mullingar

mr got ballsy and invited me over for food on a dating app and I haven't left since, and never been happier.

Mind you, he recently told me he hadnt expected me to come over so as I was getting ready the food arrived and he ate it before I even got there.. we were so infatuated with eachother that the hours flew by and we didnt end up ordering more

Speed dating is back a company arranges nigjghtz in town "

Oh really.

Have to arrange a few of the girls to go for the craic

By *oghunter33Woman 39 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

'Is dating doomed?' - I don't think so... there might be an app for these kinda philosophical questions...

South West London

[Removed by poster at 20/09/23 10:04:51]

South West London

According to a survey more and more single men are choosing not to date anymore

The West

"According to a survey more and more single men are choosing not to date anymore"

Survey says!

Any idea of the sample size and what organisation performed the survey?

Most of the information I can find online about usage actually comes from the dating app companies themselves. Personally I wouldn't trust them.

» Add a new message to this topic