FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Which Pronouns?

Which Pronouns?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amien9010 OP   Man 36 weeks ago

ashbourne

So with all the new sexuality and fluidity about,it’s going to make it difficult to make out the he’s from the She’s, the them from the they’s, the it’s from the single blokes pretending to be couples . Just a thought from an ageing he him horny single bloke with a devilish sense of humour

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

If in doubt, politely ask the person which pronoun they prefer to use. It's not difficult.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 36 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

"If in doubt, politely ask the person which pronoun they prefer to use. It's not difficult. "

Ah, I don't think it's that simple. It's in the same ballpark as politely asking a woman if she's pregnant just because she is fat.

What happens when they get upset, thinking that she's so ugly that someone actualy confused her for a man.

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan 36 weeks ago

South Limerick

Tipp/county

By *exesrangerMan 36 weeks ago

tralee

[Removed by poster at 21/09/23 16:20:41]

By *exesrangerMan 36 weeks ago

tralee

Is it popcorn time??.

By *andy and ZukoCouple 36 weeks ago

Dublin

"So with all the new sexuality and fluidity about,it’s going to make it difficult to make out the he’s from the She’s, the them from the they’s, the it’s from the single blokes pretending to be couples . Just a thought from an ageing he him horny single bloke with a devilish sense of humour "

Single blokes with couples profiles verifying themselves over and over

By *ilthyNightsCouple 36 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"If in doubt, politely ask the person which pronoun they prefer to use. It's not difficult.

Ah, I don't think it's that simple. It's in the same ballpark as politely asking a woman if she's pregnant just because she is fat.

What happens when they get upset, thinking that she's so ugly that someone actualy confused her for a man.

"

A good solution of you're unsure and uncomfortable asking is to introduce yourself alongside your pronouns and offer them the opportunity to do the same. Either that or just avoid gendering language completely unless absolutely necessary.

By *electableicecreamMan 36 weeks ago

The West

Better to politely ask what they prefer rather than misgender in my experience.

It's generally acceptable to use they if talking about someone when your not sure.

By *aptain Caveman41Man 36 weeks ago

Home

How about we go by our names cuts out any chance of someone getting offended.

By *adger BrocMan 36 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Pat, Ger, Sam, Lou, Bobby, Jackie, Georgie, just a few of the gender ambiguous names in common use.

Kinda Dublin

"If in doubt, politely ask the person which pronoun they prefer to use. It's not difficult.

A good solution of you're unsure and uncomfortable asking is to introduce yourself alongside your pronouns and offer them the opportunity to do the same. Either that or just avoid gendering language completely unless absolutely necessary. "

I'm simply not going to introduce myself by my pronouns unless i'm directly asked. If someone is worried about being misgendered, then it's up to them to introduce themselves by their pronouns.

But if I'm unsure, yeah, I would just use their name to avoid the whole situation

Kinda Dublin

"Better to politely ask what they prefer rather than misgender in my experience.

It's generally acceptable to use they if talking about someone when your not sure."

I dunno if it's better. If someone asked my mother if she was a man, it would ruin her Christmas

ashbourne

Some people taking this very seriously ??

I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Thankfully the disabled toilets are gender neutral lol

Kinda Dublin

"Some people taking this very seriously ??

I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Thankfully the disabled toilets are gender neutral lol "

It'll be a cold day in hell when there's a gender neutral toilet in my household!

Haha

The West

"Better to politely ask what they prefer rather than misgender in my experience.

It's generally acceptable to use they if talking about someone when your not sure.

I dunno if it's better. If someone asked my mother if she was a man, it would ruin her Christmas "

She is Santa though right? Right?

I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Thankfully the disabled toilets are gender neutral lol "

The toilets are not disabled, the people who use them are.

ashbourne

I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Thankfully the disabled toilets are gender neutral lol

The toilets are not disabled, the people who use them are."

Very true but the word is challenged mea culpa but if it’s challenged anyone can use them. Back to square 1

By *ilthyNightsCouple 36 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

A good solution of you're unsure and uncomfortable asking is to introduce yourself alongside your pronouns and offer them the opportunity to do the same. Either that or just avoid gendering language completely unless absolutely necessary.

I'm simply not going to introduce myself by my pronouns unless i'm directly asked. If someone is worried about being misgendered, then it's up to them to introduce themselves by their pronouns.

But if I'm unsure, yeah, I would just use their name to avoid the whole situation "

If you go and read what I said again you'll see I was talking about how to potentially deal with not being comfortable asking someone how they like to be addressed. I wasn't talking about someone being worried about being misgendered... I was talking about how to respectfully find out how they like to be addressed.

Most people don't mind being misgendered by accident in my experience, it's the deliberate shit that's bothersome

The West

"Most people don't mind being misgendered by accident in my experience, it's the deliberate shit that's bothersome "

Yep.

ashbourne

What I was really talking about was the fluid people and how they should identify on here hood you are all so pent up . Chill pills needed guys

The West

"What I was really talking about was the fluid people and how they should identify on here hood you are all so pent up . Chill pills needed guys "

The Genderqueer, non-binary and gender fluid people I know tend to go with they/them

I don't see anyone pent up. I know I was just giving an honest - and hopefully informative - answer.

By *arry HornhillMan 36 weeks ago

Outside Belfast

"What I was really talking about was the fluid people and how they should identify on here hood you are all so pent up . Chill pills needed guys "

Male, female, trans man or woman... I've met and talked to people with all of these identities and can understand their thoughts and feelings on all of them.

But non binary and gender fluid people who's gender can change literally hourly or daily, they should both come under the umbrella term of "attention seekers"

By *emper-fudgeMan 36 weeks ago

Blackrock

I think the Australians have it best, just call everyone a Cunt

By *indenMan 36 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

Me, you…..

By *unnitoesWoman 36 weeks ago

Belfast

"So with all the new sexuality and fluidity about,it’s going to make it difficult to make out the he’s from the She’s, the them from the they’s, the it’s from the single blokes pretending to be couples . Just a thought from an ageing he him horny single bloke with a devilish sense of humour "

Definitely a personal pronoun nightmare! Btw, you don't need the apostrophes in your pronouns there, they are all just plurals

» Add a new message to this topic