FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Connecting flight

Connecting flight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rish_Guy OP   Man 35 weeks ago

Foxford

A boring thread AGAIN.

I'm sure there's a few flying gurus on here. So I'm looking for info on Munich Airport.

Some flight details.

(Nothing fully booked yet).

1 airline, with a stop in Munich, for 50mins, before flying on again.

I'm wondering is this long enough of time, to get through security & onto the connecting flight?

Bear in mind the 2 flights could be at different terminals & also the first flight could be delayed by 30mins.

Personally I'm (IFFY) about it time wise.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilderMan 35 weeks ago

dublin

If you've booked through Ryanair then I'd not trust that short time period, also they won't look after you if you miss the second flight.

If booked through another (non budget) airline (for both flights) then if you miss the second leg you'll be looked after.

Time is not on your side so any snag at all and you'll miss that second flight.

By *og-ManMan 35 weeks ago

somewhere

Definitely not enough time Id allow a minimum of 2 hours

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS 35 weeks ago

Dublin

If both flights are with the same airline then even if you miss it they should put you on the next one.

If different and you miss it you're goosed

By *ohng69Man 35 weeks ago

athenry

If you booked a connecting flight then it's up to the airline to get you to your final destination. If you can't make your connection they have to rebook you on a subsequent flight and accommodate you overnight if there's no other same day flight. If you booked 2 separate flights then you take the hit for rebooking, overnight etc

Foxford

It's not with Ryanair.

I'm looking to go from A to B. It's the airline that making the stop in Munich, not me. I think the timing is very tight inbetween the 2 flight's. The same airline has another flight going to the same destination. But stopping in Frankfurt for 1hr & 20mins, for up to €300,if not more than going to Munich route.

By *og-ManMan 35 weeks ago

somewhere

"It's not with Ryanair.

I'm looking to go from A to B. It's the airline that making the stop in Munich, not me. I think the timing is very tight inbetween the 2 flight's. The same airline has another flight going to the same destination. But stopping in Frankfurt for 1hr & 20mins, for up to €300,if not more than going to Munich route. "

If its a connection to another place in Germany sometimes a train is the second flight

Its very handy

Foxford

"It's not with Ryanair.

I'm looking to go from A to B. It's the airline that making the stop in Munich, not me. I think the timing is very tight inbetween the 2 flight's. The same airline has another flight going to the same destination. But stopping in Frankfurt for 1hr & 20mins, for up to €300,if not more than going to Munich route.

If its a connection to another place in Germany sometimes a train is the second flight

Its very handy "

No it's not sadly.

It's a connection flight to another Country altogether. Nothing to do with any Country in the EU. Apart from the airport's of Munich or Frankfurt, depending on which flight I take.

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

Pay the money it’s better to be safe than sorry if you miss your connection you’ll pay a lot more probably

Foxford

"Pay the money it’s better to be safe than sorry if you miss your connection you’ll pay a lot more probably "

Ya,that's true alright. I'm thinking about it alright. I was wondering if I was right by thinking that 50mins is to tight of a time inbetween flights. Aswell as hoping someone would know what it's like to go through Munich Airport, to confirm or contradict my way of thinking.

It says 45 minutes is enough but if you’re leaving the schengen you will have to go through security personally I would pay but hey enjoy either way

Munich airport is not that big in comparison to some of the large airports, ie Schiphol of CDG, but 50 minutes is borderline. It will be stressful. On the plus side , Lufthansa have the best lounges , really good selection of food, snacks and drinks. So if you get stuck it's a good place to be stuck.

If the flight is delayed because of leaving from Munich to Dublin then there is a good chance the second flight you have will be delayed too.

It's a coin toss

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS 35 weeks ago

Dublin

But if you're booking with the same airline and going from A to B and theres a stop in Munich then it stands to reason that some of those passengers will have booked from Munich to B.

If that's the case then if your first flight is delayed they will also delay the next flight to make sure passengers get it.

Is it Lufthansa we are talking about?

By *antas_number_one_elfWoman 35 weeks ago

dublin

I’d pay the extra to be honest. 50 minutes just wouldn’t be enough time. Also, what you save by not paying the extra 300, you’re losing by stress (if you miss your flight) and if you’re hanging around the airport, you’ll spend a huge portion on food and drinks and different things.

» Add a new message to this topic