FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Blast from the past

Blast from the past

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thloneros38 OP   Man 35 weeks ago

athlone/roscommon

So i got a missed call on my phone today from someone that i have'nt heard from in years i was let it ring out it was a friend from a pass life that i wouldnt be to gone in getting caught up again in.

Just wondering has anyone got those calls and thinking will i answer or not

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aughty MilfCouple 35 weeks ago

Fermanagh/Monaghan Ireland , Northern Ireland

Depends why you stopped chatting to begin with

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

Never a phone call but yeah, have had messages from people from years ago. I guess my measure for whether to follow it up is whether I think of them fondly or not

athlone/roscommon

"Depends why you stopped chatting to begin with"
to big of a story to tell here but i was asking did anyone here have that sore of call lol

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan 35 weeks ago

Midlands

Plenty of times.

The genuine ones are still genuine.

The messers are still messers and don’t meet or they stop replying to txts out of nowhere.

Move along block number and get some “fresh “. If they not the genuine kind.

athlone/roscommon

"Plenty of times.

The genuine ones are still genuine.

The messers are still messers and don’t meet or they stop replying to txts out of nowhere.

Move along block number and get some “fresh “. If they not the genuine kind. "

good advice but still a friend just havent heard from in years

By *ornywife20Couple 35 weeks ago

North Cork

Mr here and Yeah . It's always good to connect with old friends.

Some people never change but some do for the better. I have good friends now that were only friends in passing before. And find good friends I had before I no longer have that much in common with some of them. Life tends to change everyone most people for the better. But the odd one for worse. But thankfully more for the better.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman 35 weeks ago

Dublin

Curiosity would lead me to answer the call.

athlone/roscommon

"Curiosity would lead me to answer the call. "
curiosity always got the cat as they say

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

I just heard my phone ringing in my pocket. I was whatsapp calling a girl I worked with 7 or 8 years ago. Her name begins with an A, and was just at the top of the contacts list.

Should I text and say "woops pocket dial", or just let her wonder what that weirdo wants?

By *erverts AnonymousMan 35 weeks ago

Darkest desires

The Person might be just checking in, however your gut obviously told you answering wasn't a good idea.

I have been getting emails from an ex fwb.

I reply and he replies weeks later.

Not sure of his agenda yet so time will tell.

athlone/roscommon

"I just heard my phone ringing in my pocket. I was whatsapp calling a girl I worked with 7 or 8 years ago. Her name begins with an A, and was just at the top of the contacts list.

Should I text and say "woops pocket dial", or just let her wonder what that weirdo wants?"

athlone/roscommon

"The Person might be just checking in, however your gut obviously told you answering wasn't a good idea.

"

nk my gut was telling me not to go there im not looking for what to do i know that already just want to know if anyone here had a call like that

Have a rule if we haven’t spoken in the last twelve months

Well you’re on your own unless you’re close family of course

By *astelloWoman 35 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

I actually a good friend cultivator. I love having people in my life and some for over 35 years. It may be we don't chat a lot but when we do it's no recriminations just enjoy the time we have.

I would have definitely answered.

awkward if it was a pocket dial though

By *rish_GuyMan 35 weeks ago

Foxford

I've friend that I did a college course with, after college he as good as disappeared off the face of the earth. I didn't hear anything from him for 3 year's or more at the time. Then out of the blue he contacted me. For now we're back in contact & friends aswell. More than likely that'll change again in the future. As he's married now, starting a family & lives on the other side of the Country from me.

That said I've a friend here, we've been friends all our lives. He's my best friend, I'm not his. We're really only still friends cause I live here. So if I was to move away, it'd be gone, for ever.

That's life sometimes.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 35 weeks ago

The West

"Have a rule if we haven’t spoken in the last twelve months

Well you’re on your own unless you’re close family of course "

I have some old friends that I spent some great years with. Later as the years went by we drifted a little, working in different countries, marriage, families etc.

But I'd answer their calls in a heart beat, even if we hadn't spoken in years!

By *rystalsswingCouple 35 weeks ago

Galway

"I actually a good friend cultivator. I love having people in my life and some for over 35 years. It may be we don't chat a lot but when we do it's no recriminations just enjoy the time we have. "

I'm the same! The majority of my closest friends are people I went to school with - a long time ago!!

But, when I see a number come up, 9/10 times I'll let it ring, not coz I don't want to talk to them, more like I don't have time to chat. Busy fool!

Having said that I talk to my bessie mate 3/4 times a day and that's my Mam! Talking about the 'no news' we both have

"So i got a missed call on my phone today from someone that i have'nt heard from in years i was let it ring out it was a friend from a pass life that i wouldnt be to gone in getting caught up again in.

Just wondering has anyone got those calls and thinking will i answer or not "

I would bear in mind the original reason for breaking communication but i would answer out of a mix of courtesy and curiosity. After all everyone changes through time. If the call became 'strained' then I would just hang up - no harm no foul.

I think this would be better than the ongoing itch of why they called in the first place.

athlone/roscommon

Just an update i rang them back and it has been a pleasent conversation which was nice and we have arranged a get together for a proper chat

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman 35 weeks ago

Cork

That's a lovely update. I hope it all works out well

"Just an update i rang them back and it has been a pleasent conversation which was nice and we have arranged a get together for a proper chat "

Fair play op hopefully all goes well for both parties

Just not something I would be interested in

athlone/roscommon

The issue was never with my friend it was about who he was getting involved with but it turn out it was his little man who got us talking again the little lad i knew from when he was born decided to ring me off his mothers phone after 8years lol so im happy its a good news day

"The issue was never with my friend it was about who he was getting involved with but it turn out it was his little man who got us talking again the little lad i knew from when he was born decided to ring me off his mothers phone after 8years lol so im happy its a good news day "

My reason was if someone just couldn’t be bothered or had the chance at one time or another and I tried and was blanked by them witch did happen a lot during the tiger years

Then good luck and thanks

» Add a new message to this topic