FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How are fabbers finding our social media ?

How are fabbers finding our social media ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otass and scorpio OP   Couple 34 weeks ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

In the last 3/4 months we have had about 10 ppl message us on messenger , instagram etc and say they are from fab , how is this happening ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan 34 weeks ago

somewhere

Do you show your tattoos on your other social media

"Do you show your tattoos on your other social media "
yes but they’re not as much on show here

By *panishRebelMan 34 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"Do you show your tattoos on your other social media yes but they’re not as much on show here "

That's concerning

By (user no longer on site) 34 weeks ago

I’ve found Instagram and Facebook suggest people I don’t know but when I check the profile and pics I’ve come across fabbers.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 34 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Do these fabbers have you as a contact in their phone, or do your you have them in yours?

This is what we have been thinking too , as we have seen a few from fab suggested to us , bu we’re not creepy enough to add them outside if fab

"Do these fabbers have you as a contact in their phone, or do your you have them in yours?

"

no most of them are/were guys

By *leasurer77Man 34 weeks ago

Athlone

"In the last 3/4 months we have had about 10 ppl message us on messenger , instagram etc and say they are from fab , how is this happening ? "

Same usernames?

"In the last 3/4 months we have had about 10 ppl message us on messenger , instagram etc and say they are from fab , how is this happening ?

Same usernames?"

no we have our real names on there and family etc , we don’t use the same pics on there as we do here … seems like there is a hidden link between fab and social media accounts , cookie tracking etc , i Dunno I’m not up on all that techie stuff

East / North, Cork

The Facebook app has access to your phone number and text/call list. Facebook shares info with instagram

East / North, Cork

Have you ever added any fabbers at all as a friend? The algorithm can suggest friends of friends

"Have you ever added any fabbers at all as a friend? The algorithm can suggest friends of friends"
quite possible but not intentionally , I suppose once we added one it will suggest us to other fabbers on there

East / North, Cork

One of the things that technology does really well is building networks of contacts between people and interests. It wants to keep you engaged with the platform and does so by using any and all info on you and links to others. It's very very effective.

"One of the things that technology does really well is building networks of contacts between people and interests. It wants to keep you engaged with the platform and does so by using any and all info on you and links to others. It's very very effective."
yes it’s deffo this I reckon ! , we have seen accounts for ppl we have met from fab on Facebook , insta etc but we’re not creepers and didn’t add them , I just wish ppl from fab would keep it to fab

By *oghunter33Woman 34 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

"The Facebook app has access to your phone number and text/call list. Facebook shares info with instagram"

If you allow Facebook to do so..., it's not compulsory to register your phone number with Facebook and you can deny Facebook access to your contacts.

somewhere

I gave someone my phone number once

Then they sent me pics of all my family from my fb page

Then they demanded money from me

"I gave someone my phone number once

This is why we’re worried about them finding us . It’s how to break the link between fab and our other socials we need to figure out

"

"

How did it all pan out??

East / North, Cork

This is why we’re worried about them finding us . It’s how to break the link between fab and our other socials we need to figure out

"

If you're worried then seriously consider deleting the social media accounts and recreating, and (as above) denying the app access to everything is wants. Either that or just use the website and not the apps. Careful though as you only need to slipup once allowing access and it will have everything . Denying access now is too late

somewhere

How did it all pan out??"

Guards wanted my phone for up to 4 years as evidence so didnt bother going any further

Googled their phone number

Found them on a few different selling websites

Selling dogs and happy ending massage ....obviously scams

But found them renting an apartment so used that info to tell them Id get all their details and go after them

They gave up ringing me after a few days

Never realised that fb had my phone number and thats how they found me

How did it all pan out??

Guards wanted my phone for up to 4 years as evidence so didnt bother going any further

Googled their phone number

Found them on a few different selling websites

Selling dogs and happy ending massage ....obviously scams

But found them renting an apartment so used that info to tell them Id get all their details and go after them

They gave up ringing me after a few days

Never realised that fb had my phone number and thats how they found me

"

Jaysus.. that must have all been really stressful. Some people are d!cks..

By *astelloWoman 34 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

I purposely have 2 sims and keep both locked down to what ever interests I have. You can get dual sims now to operate on one phone... Im uber careful but it seems ppl still find out.

By *obnbetzWoman 34 weeks ago

Destination Unknown ;-)

Jesus lads that’s terrible and very very strange.

I honestly don’t know but hope ye get it sorted

I'm wondering...rather than a fabber finding your insta, maybe someone you're friends with has found your Fab, and they are creating profiles to test the waters and see if you acknowledge the existence on Fab.

Are all the people contacting you similar styled usernames and accounts? If they have no pics, or very few pics, then they might be burner accounts.

Do you have that candle picture as your Facebook profile picture?

It would be easy to figure out .

Love that picture

"I'm wondering...rather than a fabber finding your insta, maybe someone you're friends with has found your Fab, and they are creating profiles to test the waters and see if you acknowledge the existence on Fab.

Are all the people contacting you similar styled usernames and accounts? If they have no pics, or very few pics, then they might be burner accounts."

there is definitely an algorithm that’s suggesting our fb to other users who are also on fab , as I have stated previously there is a cpl we played with before that’s been suggested to us for been friend suggestions , but we have avoided them as we’re not creepers

"Do you have that candle picture as your Facebook profile picture?

It would be easy to figure out .

Love that picture "

yes we use that pic on all sites lol

"I'm wondering...rather than a fabber finding your insta, maybe someone you're friends with has found your Fab, and they are creating profiles to test the waters and see if you acknowledge the existence on Fab.

Are all the people contacting you similar styled usernames and accounts? If they have no pics, or very few pics, then they might be burner accounts. there is definitely an algorithm that’s suggesting our fb to other users who are also on fab , as I have stated previously there is a cpl we played with before that’s been suggested to us for been friend suggestions , but we have avoided them as we’re not creepers "

If that's the case then anyone in your phone contacts or FB contacts is finding their way to your insta. Instagram, FB & Whatsapp are all the same company.

By *addy0Man 34 weeks ago

carlow town

Thats actually scary...

Bestway is keep all your social media accounts on private and for friends only, its far too easy for scammers and freaks to gather peoples info from a quick scroll on your fb page

By *chochamberWoman 34 weeks ago

Limerick

I was found on PoF within a few hours of joining by several peeps, ffs, ridiculous.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 34 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

10 people seems extremely excessive, considering you don't have face pics or anything that's instantly recognisable on your profile.

If 1 in 10 people are creepy weirdos, then for 10 people to find you and be creepy enough to message, it means about 90 normal people also recognised your profile and didn't say anything.

I made up those statistics, but still, the most likely answer, is 1 single person is behind it all, and sharing your details.

"10 people seems extremely excessive, considering you don't have face pics or anything that's instantly recognisable on your profile.

If 1 in 10 people are creepy weirdos, then for 10 people to find you and be creepy enough to message, it means about 90 normal people also recognised your profile and didn't say anything.

I made up those statistics, but still, the most likely answer, is 1 single person is behind it all, and sharing your details."

yeah most

Likely , I’d say we added one , and then fb suggested us to others they’re friends with and it snowballed from there

» Add a new message to this topic