FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Uti

Uti

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    31 weeks ago

It seems the older I get the more common they become. Now I can't keep getting antibiotics every single time, so if anyone has any natural remedies that actually work I'd greatly appreciate it. Currently drowning in cranberry juice and water lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *affa31Woman 31 weeks ago

Galway

I find the Biokult pro cyan tablets very good.

Some people are just more prone than others depending on how their pelvis is tilted.

By *osyRedLipsWoman 31 weeks ago

Kildare

D-mannose is often taken as a supplement to help treat and prevent urinary tract infections. It's believed to work by blocking the activity of a specific type of bacteria that causes UTIs. You can buy in health food shops

Since I swapped to non latex condoms I suffered a lot less. getting them. When I first joined Fab I was absolutely plagued with one after another couldn't get rid of them. But a very sympathetic midwife recommended I try a prescription of Macrodantin as prevention. So I would take before sex and it would prevent me getting it. I no longer need to take them but if I feel one coming on I take and stops it in its tracks. It works to change ph level in your urine

I also pee immediately after sex and drink plenty of water

By *osyRedLipsWoman 31 weeks ago

Kildare

Alkalising the urine may help to sooth the UTI. So use Bicarbonate of soda one teaspoon in half a glass of water. I tried this before when I was away and hadn't my Macrodantin. I was in so much pain and it gave me such great relief. I hope you are feeling better soon they are such a nuisance

By *ichael CoolMan 31 weeks ago

unknown

Squeeze a fresh lemon into a glass of iced water you'll be right as rain in a day or two.

By (user no longer on site) OP    31 weeks ago

Thank you all for the advice, I just can't figure out why they keep happening. I thought I was just dehydrated because it's certainly not that I'm having loads of sex haha

By *r_Insatiable666Man 31 weeks ago

Cork

"Thank you all for the advice, I just can't figure out why they keep happening. I thought I was just dehydrated because it's certainly not that I'm having loads of sex haha"

I can't help much with the UTI but I can help you with your other problem I'm terrible for staying hydrated myself. If you are reliant on fizzy or cordial, try sparkling water

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 31 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Do it up the arse instead.

By *affa31Woman 31 weeks ago

Galway

"Thank you all for the advice, I just can't figure out why they keep happening. I thought I was just dehydrated because it's certainly not that I'm having loads of sex haha"

Might be worth a visit to the GP if they’re recurring. You could just be very prone so they can put you on meds for prevention.

By *ustBoWoman 31 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Another vote here for d-mannose I have found it really good when I start to think I am getting a UTI. The joys of menopause seems to make them more frequent.

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

Raw garlic washed down with cranberry juice..that will kill any bacterial infection including salmonella

By *ichael CoolMan 31 weeks ago

unknown

"It seems the older I get the more common they become. Now I can't keep getting antibiotics every single time, so if anyone has any natural remedies that actually work I'd greatly appreciate it. Currently drowning in cranberry juice and water lol"
my sister had it persistently and it turned out to be a prolapsed womb, not what you want to hear so get it checked out if I were you.

By *ingerNNutsCouple 31 weeks ago

dublin

Cranberry tablets can help. And drinking lemon barley. Taste isn’t for everyone but it does work a treat if you can tolerate.

If it’s reoccurring maybe a referral to a consultant may be in order to check things out further

Hope you feel better soon

By *ingerrrrWoman 31 weeks ago

Meath

Hormones will do this to you. I didn’t check the ops age but this is one of the symptoms of peri menopause.

You can get localised oestrogen which helps to keep things lubricated. (Vagifem-prescribed)

I found I got them after I started menopause and having never had them before it was horrendous.

By *adger BrocMan 31 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Glass cranberry juice every morning has worked for me for the past 30 years.

By *anysicoMan 31 weeks ago

cork

Hiprex is on prescription stopped all my uti’s great relief

By *ofusplusCouple 31 weeks ago

Limerick

Men get uti's? Every day's a school day

By *ofusplusCouple 31 weeks ago

Limerick

"Do it up the arse instead."

This is the answer

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan 31 weeks ago

Midlands

Propolis. Antibacterial agent made by bees. Speak to a medical herbalist, you may need a special concoction of some sort to stop or indeed prevent UTI.

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

"Another vote here for d-mannose I have found it really good when I start to think I am getting a UTI. The joys of menopause seems to make them more frequent."

Yep, oestrogen deficiency can make some women more prone to them.

By *ady ChatterleyWoman 31 weeks ago

Athlone

"I find the Biokult pro cyan tablets very good.

Some people are just more prone than others depending on how their pelvis is tilted. "

This I second. Its brilliant

By *anysicoMan 30 weeks ago

cork

Men get uti’s for sure , catheter users are very prone to infections ,

By *ohannonMan 30 weeks ago

Louth / Meath

If you’re UTI is caused by a Kidney infection OP, cranberry juice isnt the best remedy. Cranberry juice can flush your kidneys to pass the infection but can lead to discomfort. I’ve kidney stones, my dad had a kidney transplant & we’ve been told not to drink it.

I’m aware that everyone is different & some remedies work for other people but just food for thought if you are having some more discomfort. Hope it eases up for you OP!

By *oghunter33Woman 30 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

Dunno about remedies, but here some prevention tips:

In general:

Don't use any scented products such as soap, toilet paper, wipes, douches, deodorants etc on your genitals. Only use water and a unscented pH neutral soap to clean your pussy.

Wipe your ass backwards, away from the genitals.

Sex related:

Don't use any oil based lubricants ie. baby oil or massage oils, apparently the only acceptable one is coconut oil, but I stay even away from that one

Get your play partner wash his/her hands thoroughly before touching you. Same applies to your hands. Wash your toys after and before playing

Urinate immediately sex

Don't use the same condom for anal and vaginal sex.

Fingers that were in someone else or up the bum shouldn't go back unwashed into the vagina.

And obviously when having group sex consequent change of condoms from partner to the next partner

By *oghunter33Woman 30 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

* urinate immediately after sex

By *amson4DelilahCouple 30 weeks ago

ballina

D Mannose ti be taken at forst sign & can be taken at lie dose for prevention. Vaginal oestrogen too really helps.

By *mmortalValkyrieWoman 30 weeks ago

From a galaxy far far away

Quote...

Dunno about remedies, but here some prevention tips:

In general:

Don't use any scented products such as soap, toilet paper, wipes, douches, deodorants etc on your genitals. Only use water and a unscented pH neutral soap to clean your pussy.

Wipe your ass backwards, away from the genitals.

Sex related:

Don't use any oil based lubricants ie. baby oil or massage oils, apparently the only acceptable one is coconut oil, but I stay even away from that one

Get your play partner wash his/her hands thoroughly before touching you. Same applies to your hands. Wash your toys after and before playing

Urinate immediately sex

Don't use the same condom for anal and vaginal sex.

Fingers that were in someone else or up the bum shouldn't go back unwashed into the vagina.

And obviously when having group sex consequent change of condoms from partner to the next partner

Quote...

Thank you.

This should be mandatory educational reading for everyone on Fab!!!

OP..

Demanose is brilliant and can be taken daily as a build up in your system and when a uti flares, in higher doses... pee and shower immediately, esp after oral, be fastidious about your partner washing their hands and change condoms to latex free, avoid direct toy use without a condom or plenty of lube on thd toy as they can be germ carriers, even with the best of washing and irritants...

But age plays into it too so big hug and hope it eases soon x

» Add a new message to this topic