FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Old pics

Old pics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittlekinks38 OP   Woman 7 weeks ago

outside belfast x

Am just curious why many people use really old pics on their fab profile like ones from 10/20 years ago?

And then turn up for a social night or coffee meet and nothing like their pics...isn't it just like catfishing folk?

Do people not realise how much they age in that time?

And also why is 49 a cut of age for many when obviously they are way older than 49 maybe even in their late 60's ???? what processes folk to do that though?

Xx CJ x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan 7 weeks ago

Belfast

I've never met anyone one to one that didn't look exactly like their pics.

I have met people at socials who don't look anything like their fab pics but that didn't bother me as I'd never spoken to them before and wouldn't be meeting them again anyway.

I have seen lots of profiles though with pics dating back to 2011 or 2012 criticising how other fabbers haven't made an effort with their profiles so it's a bit hypocritical.

I don't have a problem with anyone setting their filters below their own age if that's their preference and it's not for me to say otherwise.

By *ipstick KissesWoman 7 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

Probably because they think they'll have no chance of a meet if they use current photos, and if they can get someone to a social meet, their wit and charm will make the other person totally forget about being catfished.

I've definitely seen some that must have had hella tough paper rounds

By *nquisitive ladyWoman 7 weeks ago

meath

[Removed by poster at 12/03/24 14:50:58]

meath

I am the age I am and won't deny it. I never use photo filters. when I am meeting someone I want to be who I am on my profile here and not some cartoon or snapchat version of myself.

Definitely a lot here shave years off their age and I've been surprised when I've seen these people at socials etc .

Either you like me as I am or you don't. Just don't expect a 20 year old me to turn up.

meath

I also think Men can age better then women and should embrace it. But then thats a personal preference of mine. Give me a mature man any day.

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Mostly men in my experience but they also change their age too .

Belfast

"Mostly men in my experience but they also change their age too . "

I've only ever seen old pics on couples profiles but I have seen some couples with completely different ages on their single profiles.

By *adhatter and coCouple 7 weeks ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

[Removed by poster at 12/03/24 15:10:02]

By *om RedMan 7 weeks ago

Galway

But surely they are just fooling themselves, when you rock up to a social expecting Channing Tatum and Worzel Gummidge is sitting waiting for you, it’s not going to go any further.

By *aseylee324Couple 7 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"But surely they are just fooling themselves, when you rock up to a social expecting Channing Tatum and Worzel Gummidge is sitting waiting for you, it’s not going to go any further.

"

We always bring our own paper bags

By *aughty MilfCouple 7 weeks ago

Fermanagh/Monaghan Ireland , Northern Ireland

"Mostly men in my experience but they also change their age too . "
They put different ages so can message someone who has particular age that can message a female/ couple

By *exesrangerMan 7 weeks ago

city

I'm just waiting to meet someone.

Ya that's me

No no it's not you

No it is me

No I'm meeting someone much younger,slimmer and much more female. You much be meeting someone else.

By *hoenixagamTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Rural

I seriously don't know why people keep old pic's or try to pull a fast one.

Like David Bowie I like to change my look, hairstyles, and attire etc every so often keep it fresh and creativity is fun.

When I was cross dressing I really enjoyed it, now I'm totally flipped and going for the Viking look, personality never changes. But I enjoy the transformations

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

It is cat fishing OP using old & dated photos..& lieing about age..I met 3 cat fish on another site & the experience was disturbing tbh....all 3 were way older than they portrayed..one by at least 20yrs The experience bordered on horror movie stuff tbh ....

By *adhatter and coCouple 7 weeks ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

I don’t know why people do it . It’s deceitful as far as I’m concerned and also there’s the lying about their sexual preferences, height ,weight or age

Fab is hard work at times

By *rBandMrsGCouple 7 weeks ago

Kilkenny

We added lots of pictures when we created the profile and try to remember to add at least one from each event we attend. (when we remember to take them!)

I think that's enough

By *chochamberWoman 7 weeks ago

New York, Shannon

What's the point in engaging with anyone with pics older than 5 years...... It's like a blank or fake profile.

They know they are doing it, it's their choice, it says something about them. I usually disengage if I realise the pics are really old.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple 7 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Wonder if when chatting to someone with intention of meeting them it would be helpful to throw in a phrase "if I met someone who's photos are old and who is lying about their age I would categorically refuse to take things any further and would just turn around and leave the instant I've seen them".

Wonder if the chat would suddenly turn quiet if the person is an actual catfish or would they continue the deception still hoping to get into woman's knickers or would just admit that they might not look exactly like their photos

By *electableicecreamMan 7 weeks ago

The West

Good angles. Good filters. A photo doesn't have to be old to be misleading. It's very common and I think in a lot of cases people do it for themselves as much as anyone else.

Belfast

Some of my public pics are 4 years old but I add the odd new one when I feel like it.

I'm not currently meeting so I'm not bothered about keeping them fresh but then again I'm rarely seen in monochrome anyway.

"Some of my public pics are 4 years old but I add the odd new one when I feel like it.

I'm not currently meeting so I'm not bothered about keeping them fresh but then again I'm rarely seen in monochrome anyway. "

It's ok, you have that picture in the attic keeping you right

Belfast

"Some of my public pics are 4 years old but I add the odd new one when I feel like it.

I'm not currently meeting so I'm not bothered about keeping them fresh but then again I'm rarely seen in monochrome anyway.

It's ok, you have that picture in the attic keeping you right "

I can't look at it though

It's ok, you have that picture in the attic keeping you right

I can't look at it though "

By *elilahCouple 7 weeks ago

ballina

Our profile photos are great angles & lighting but its us. But when I send face pics I try & send ones with little or no make up. I'd hate to think someone was dissapointed meeting me. We've been catfished & it's no fun. But we both have been told we look better in real life.. Samson definitely does.

By *indenMan 7 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

I would never have dreamt of taking pics of myself prior to being on fab so I don’t have any old ones of myself to post.

I post my pictures when I take them and they’re all dated.

I would hope that anyone I have met would think that my profile is a true representation of me, but without a doubt, my greatest fear when meeting people is that I would be a disappointment…….

By *entlemanjack2Man 7 weeks ago

Midlands

Im really 65 CJ - Face like a wrinkled ball bag

By *affa31Woman 7 weeks ago

Galway

"I would never have dreamt of taking pics of myself prior to being on fab so I don’t have any old ones of myself to post.

I would hope that anyone I have met would think that my profile is a true representation of me, but without a doubt, my greatest fear when meeting people is that I would be a disappointment……. "

It’s a disappointment that you’re fully clothed….

By *indenMan 7 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"I would never have dreamt of taking pics of myself prior to being on fab so I don’t have any old ones of myself to post.

I would hope that anyone I have met would think that my profile is a true representation of me, but without a doubt, my greatest fear when meeting people is that I would be a disappointment…….

It’s a disappointment that you’re fully clothed…."

Not what the staff in Tesco said……

» Add a new message to this topic