Do hangovers affect your sex life?

Discuss!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atherjackhackettMan 6 weeks ago

Tipperary

Not much of either lately

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

Once upon a time alcohol used to make me very highly sexed....it doesn't have the same effect now though & I'm kinda grateful it doesn't ha

By *ealitybitesMan 6 weeks ago

Belfast

It doesn't and never has done because I'm teetotal but I've no interest in meeting anyone who needs it before sex.

Again I've never had a hangover and only had one e_perience with a woman who was suffering from hangover horn.

It wasn't an e_perience I'm in a hurry to repeat.

By *ubadubdub OP   Woman 6 weeks ago

Hereabouts

Personally I prefer sober sex, it's less hazy, partners are more likely to be tuned in and sensitive to each other, and communication is clearer. I've more stamina too.

Hangovers do not make me horny at all, in fact they remove my desire

By *aseylee324Couple 6 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

I never drink enough to get d*unk, so it has no effect other than a couple of drinks might make me a little randy

Haven't had a hangover in over 2 decades

I would avoid anyone who wants to get plastered which in this country probably severely limits sexual opportunities but it's all good with me

By *ipstick KissesWoman 6 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

I rarely have hangovers because I rarely drink alcohol, and when I do I'm now more aware of my limits and what is likely to make me feel ill...and thus avoid it.

I've never ever e_perienced hangover horn; anytime I've had a hangover I've just wanted to die quietly in a dark room.

I'm also not a fan of sex with alcohol on board. I prefer to be fully aware of what's going, on plus alcohol dulls sensation for me. I prefer my sexual partners to be sober too.

By *ouls105Man 6 weeks ago

Foxford

"How does alcohol affect your sex life?

Discuss!"

Don't drink anymore but when I did it was hard work for both I'd say always took a little longer lol

By *ind PaddyMan 6 weeks ago

South County Dublin

I've not had a drink for two months, not that I'm a heavy drinker more social drinker.

It is more fun and intimate when both parties are sober and want to be with one another. I'm more passionate when sober.

By *panishRebelMan 6 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

Generally prefer sex clear headed. Having said that I met someone a few years back on a night out with my brother, and we drank a lot, there were shrooms and m d m a etc.... we hit it off and played through the night. I brought her breakfast the next day before I went away.

She drove up to see me before I flew back to Spain. We had a beautiful long distance back and forth for 20ish months. All from a d*unken night out with no aftershave etc.

So I would never knock anyone on d*unken sex. Cause in the end who knows.

By *chochamberWoman 6 weeks ago

New York, Shannon

I love how so many swingers are not heavy drinkers.

Sober sex is great, we should all be comfortable staying sober.

Alcohol makes me sleepy, I ll have relaxed sex when d*unk, can be horny when hung over.

Love when my body is healthy and want to get back to that. Cranky hungover heads, and poor alcoholic judgment and bodies is a turn off, of course.

By *eart-shaped-foxMan 6 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

D*unk sex doesn't do much for me but a horny hangover skin to skin is always welcome I'm more inclined not to drink since joining fab, always fun to meet someone during or after a sober night out.

By *entlemanjack2Man 6 weeks ago

Midlands

Alcohol helps you get up on it. No inhibitions so can be fun if alcohol consumed. Laughs flow. Too much alcohol is messy and not fun

By *og-ManMan 6 weeks ago

somewhere

Normally at socials I don't drink at all as sometimes I'm driving back to our hotel

If its the same hotel I might or might not have a few beers or shorts ...I can take it either way

Gave up heavy drinking once the kids came and it was my turn to get up at weekends with them

Haven't had a hangover in decades but know that not once when I had one did I wake up and think ....I know I'll have sex ...that'll shift it ....always a hot cup of tea with a fry up

By *iny DelightWoman 6 weeks ago

City Centre

I find a desensitisation with too much alcohol and I wont reach those heady heights compared to say, a more sober e_perience.

I like hangover sex, a lot.

I enjoy a drink with good company but excessive drinking turns me off. I'm not a fan of overloaded inebriated people at socials either

Only ever had 1 hangover in my life when I was in my early 20's and would never repeat it.

Since then, I always stick to one or two drinks and not that often as I usually drive on nights out.

I would probably have a drink on a night out with a fb of staying overnight

By *ustBoWoman 6 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It doesn't as I don't drink anymore. I've had two hangovers in my life the last one was when I was in my 20s and it made me realise it wasn't worth it.

I also never found a drink that I particularly like either.

I have had d*unk sex though and it was never great and the two hangovers I had I would not have been able to have sex because any movement caused me to boke those times. Not a sexy look.

I'm not keen on having sex with anyone who is d*unk or being around a load of d*unk people.

One of the socials I was at I was hassled a lot by a male half of a couple who was getting pretty d*unk and it was a horrible e_perience and I ended up having to leave early with a friend I went with as he would not go away or take no as an answer.

By *voidingboredomMan 6 weeks ago

around

Used to drink and get very very horny hungover but it was purely physical

Haven't drank in years and find it far more intense to be able to stare someone straight in the eyes while you have sex dead sober. Very handy to be able to drive here and there too

A little insecurity of mine is that people who are over a certain limit of d*unkenness are interested in me because they are d*unk and wouldn't be if they were dead sober and I find that a real turn off

By *hendeliverdMan 6 weeks ago

Craigavon

Could have put it any better myself. Hangover horn is definitely real

By *obnbetzWoman 6 weeks ago

Destination Unknown ;-)

As a woman who has been to countless sex parties and a non drinker.

The serious players drink very little or not at all.

By *o strings but a G-stringMan 6 weeks ago

city

"How does alcohol affect your sex life?

Discuss!"

I think when young it helps reduce the inhibitions. But being older and wiser means we know inhibitions can simply be ignored by respecting the limits of willing partners

By *tslife222Man 6 weeks ago

by the sea louth

Don’t drink alcohol for the last 12 years.

Certainly don’t miss the handovers etc

The only slight thing I miss, is having a few for Dutch courage esp around socials etc.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 6 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

The comments I am reading on this thread do not represent my e_perience of attending (and organising) events.

Sober sex is so much better ....I prefer it that way.

By *voidingboredomMan 6 weeks ago

around

"The comments I am reading on this thread do not represent my e_perience of attending (and organising) events."

I was just thinking there's alot of sobriety on this thread with very few people saying "yeah get a bottle of wine into me and everything is better".

I mean, they're called cock-tails for a reason, right?

By *affa31Woman 6 weeks ago

Galway

"The comments I am reading on this thread do not represent my e_perience of attending (and organising) events."

Certainly not of socials…I can’t attest to the level of d*unkenness at play parties

By *ubadubdub OP   Woman 6 weeks ago

Hereabouts

Oh Jeepers I'm no pioneer when it comes to drinking, don't let me be misinterpreted d*unken sex happens, but my preference would be sober

By *om TangoMan 6 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

I’m kinda into kink playing and I’d much rather both didn’t have any drinks before playing. My fear would be that someone would consent to something d*unk and regret it the next day. Plus if I’ve a few whiskeys in me I can get it up but can’t cum. Drinks can be done during the aftercare once a bottle of water is downed.

By *ealitybitesMan 6 weeks ago

Belfast

I've written often enough about my e_periences at socials and my reasons for leaving some.

Those were alcohol fuelled but some people are just arseholes regardless of whether they have been drinking or not.

I've seen blazing rows and fights between couples at socials who couldn't stand up so I'm not sure how they were planning on inviting anyone back to their room.

By *ackie5Man 6 weeks ago

cork

"Oh Jeepers I'm no pioneer when it comes to drinking, don't let me be misinterpreted d*unken sex happens, but my preference would be sober "

Ya I’m the same d*unken sex is like a big effort ha but whatever about when I’m hungover it’s the horniest I ever get only one way to fix it

By *itdubguyMan 6 weeks ago

Dublin

Personally it doesn't affect me but some people find it helps with their inhibitions. One or 2 drinks isn't a bad thing but 10 or 12 and one of you is probably gonna fall asleep or throw up on the other before the fun starts lol

By *rystalsswingCouple 6 weeks ago

Galway

The morning after sex for me (Cherry) is mandatory.

Love it

By *electableicecreamMan 6 weeks ago

The West

Sure. Having a few drinks with a lover is a lovely way to relax of an evening.

I'd say that's pretty normal for a lot of people.

Proper d*unk sex would be really rare for me and probably only ever happens with with someone I'm quite close to but filthy d*unk sex is a lot of fun.

By *electableicecreamMan 6 weeks ago

The West

I just realised I didn't actually answer the question!

Alcohol doesn't affect my sex life in as much as they don't have a direct relationship. Otherwise it's as above.

Defo get the hangover horn. The remedy is often solo effort!

By *ep-n-PixieCouple 6 weeks ago

Kildare , Dublin

Hangover horn is unreal for me…. luckily Pixie is always on hand to relive me

By *WEETESTSTRAWBERRYFOR1Woman 6 weeks ago

Clare

Definitely no point in over doing it on the drinks side especially at social event's. Prefer to remember the night before and have no regrets from alcohol made decisions.

By *itlbeeCouple 6 weeks ago

Ireland

I find it really difficult to orgasm if I've been drinking, so the swinging I've done completely sober has been far more pleasurable.

I think everyone Swinging needs to go easy on the drinks, I've definitely seen couples way too d*unk at play parties.

I heard of one just recently that got ruined by someone new being sick in the playroom. Heavy drinking and vigorous activity are a bad combo.

By *alted!Man 6 weeks ago

Cork

D*unken sex, let's face it, its not much fun as sober sex. But that's more down to the lose of sense and memory.

However nothing wrong with having a few drinks...before, during and after. Just keep yourself well paced.

Any party's iv been to most have been drinking. But just like in vanilla life overly d*unk people are to be avoided

By *hilaboutMan 6 weeks ago

kilkenny

I find having driving in slows the climax which makes for great sex

By *perienceMan 6 weeks ago

Near

The morning after drinking, I'm at peak horniness.

By *oodforfun10Man 6 weeks ago

Westport

D*unk sex can be great fun.

And hangover horn sex...mmmm!

By *ogladyWoman 6 weeks ago

The bog

I'm always d*unk at socials and have loads of hangovers...

Hangovers make my sex next level

Hangover horn is real.

Too much drink defo limits performance so finding the sweet spot is key.

There's also folk that might struggle with confidence who'll have a sip to help the chat flow...

I'm naturally full of shit so I can do without

» Add a new message to this topic