FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Sh24 question.

Sh24 question.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *osBeautifuks OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

Dublin City

So we sent our full screen today… there was wine and Barry White and a few intimate moments with low lighting, candles and a rectal swab.

We are both registered as bisexual but we realised today there are a lot more tests for Him than Her.

He had urine, throat swab, blood and rectal swab. I only had blood and vaginal swab.

We understand why he didn’t have to do a vaginal swab but why the discrepancy?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xplorer2023Man 4 weeks ago

Dublin

I guess the male urine sample is the equivalent of the female vaginal swab.

I asked something similar once and was told that sometimes teenage girls also get the throat swab.

I just googled there and apparently, the statistics show that MSM (men that have sex with men) are a higher risk category for STDs.

By *ightfallMan 4 weeks ago

Somewhere Around/About

"So we sent our full screen today… there was wine and Barry White and a few intimate moments with low lighting, candles and a rectal swab.

We are both registered as bisexual but we realised today there are a lot more tests for Him than Her.

He had urine, throat swab, blood and rectal swab. I only had blood and vaginal swab.

We understand why he didn’t have to do a vaginal swab but why the discrepancy?"

I’d like to think there is some scientific reason and it’s not down to a low grade sexist/homophobic reason but I recently had similar experiences.. be curious to ask a professional though.

By *ddieWouldGoMan 4 weeks ago

Belfast

Yeah, it's science yo, no discrimination at play here.

How did yis find the blood collecting? As is standard in my life I didn't read the instructions the first time I did it and couldn't get any blood despite using 2 needles. Next time I got a test I watched the YouTube video and it made it so much easier, fuckin vial was overflowing.

Feels like a win when ye get the all clear, like a little medal.

By *ingerrrrWoman 4 weeks ago

Meath

Can’t understand why we don’t get the same swabs.. obviously not vaginal for the boys but you get me.

What does the urine test for?

By *lice..wonderlandWoman 4 weeks ago

Dublin

I wondered about this too

By *itlbeeCouple 4 weeks ago

Ireland

Agree with this.

Women aren't given the throat or rectal swabs.

But many women also have anal sex, and were usually also having oral sex.

That one doesn't make sense to me.

By *ethmeonfireMan 4 weeks ago

Dublin

It os something to do with the transmission rate and the way a mans and women’s body react to certain things

By *electableicecreamMan 4 weeks ago

The West

The FAQ on the Irish site doesn't say much but there is slightly more info on the UK site

"

Can I get an oral and a rectal swab in my testing kit too?

The tests you get in your testing kit are decided by:

the information you give us when you order

the services available in your area

We work with local authorities to design testing models using UK Health Security Agency and British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) guidance and regional and national statistics. This is also influenced by the budgets and need for sexual health services in each area.

If you’d like an oral or a rectal swab but you’re not offered one when you order, we might be able to help. Reply to any of our text messages and let us know. A member of our clinical team will take a look at your request.

If we cannot help you, we’ll help you find a service near you that can.

"

By *manMan 4 weeks ago

Dublin

Somewhat qualified to sorta comment,

The urine sample taken usually is a specific type of test which is specific for chlamydia/gonorrhoea.

Blood tests are generally for your hepatitis and HIV serology.

The reason a high vaginal swab was taken for females is that they also look for things like trichomonas vaginalis which is more common in females.

The reason as to why he got a rectal swab taken is that bisexual or gay men are more likely to pick up enteric pathogens like shigella etc (recently declared an STD) but again you’d have to ask the clinician to be 100% sure on that and same for the throat swab as oral sex is commonplace

Hope that helps answer your question a little

Somewhere Around/About

"Can’t understand why we don’t get the same swabs.. obviously not vaginal for the boys but you get me.

"

The clap I think.

Somewhere Around/About

"Can’t understand why we don’t get the same swabs.. obviously not vaginal for the boys but you get me.

"

HIV, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea. The blood tests for Hep C (that’s new and nice) and Syphilis. Shame they don’t test for Hep B but depending on my play style I get a full t paid panel once a year minimum

By *ingerNNutsCouple 4 weeks ago

dublin

I had this same thought too, strange how we don’t atleast get a throat swab given without having to specifically request. Still a good service

By *idubccMan 4 weeks ago

City center

HIV, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea. The blood tests for Hep C (that’s new and nice) and Syphilis. Shame they don’t test for Hep B but depending on my play style I get a full t paid panel once a year minimum "

Urine is not for hiv, blood is used for hiv testing

Hep B, supposedly you were vaccinated against it, were you not? Is hep b not part of national vaccination programme?

Extra swabs can be asked.

By *aseylee324Couple 4 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

HIV, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea. The blood tests for Hep C (that’s new and nice) and Syphilis. Shame they don’t test for Hep B but depending on my play style I get a full t paid panel once a year minimum

Urine is not for hiv, blood is used for hiv testing

Hep B, supposedly you were vaccinated against it, were you not? Is hep b not part of national vaccination programme?

Extra swabs can be asked.

"

Hepatitis B has only been included in the national infant vaccination program since 2008

» Add a new message to this topic