FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Darkness into Light

Darkness into Light

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    2 weeks ago

Anyone doing this next weekend? This is a very important cause for a sadly, very prevalent issue. It's a cause that is so very deserving of our love and support so I would ask anyone who is even half considering it to go for it. Its one early morning in the year that helps us remember and to help those who are fighting their demons.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *udding RoseWoman 2 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

I'll be doing the walk, I've done the walk every year since 2016!!

By *aptain Caveman41Man 2 weeks ago

Home

I'll be doing it.

By *imdm101Man 2 weeks ago

Galway

I'm doing it. My first time doing it.

By *ogladyWoman 2 weeks ago

The bog

Ive been doing it the last 7 years now..

By *reyingbeardMan 2 weeks ago

city

This will be year no 5 for me

"I'll be doing the walk, I've done the walk every year since 2016!! "

So heartening to see others willing to give their time

By *ust_PradaWoman 2 weeks ago

Cork

Yes definately be walking it ...

By *om TangoMan 2 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

Won’t do it. CEO Elaine on a salary of €120,000, up to almost €150,000 with benefits.

By *ealitybitesMan 2 weeks ago

Belfast

Never done it but I have done lots of walks over the years for the local hospice and Childline.

By *rystalsswingCouple 2 weeks ago

Galway

I did it for a couple of years while living abroad. It was amazing and I've been meaning to do it back here since.

The sense of solidarity with your community is unbelievable.

Regardless of salaries, it shines a light on one of the cruelest plagues on our society atm.

Fair play to all who do it and god help anyone who's been touched by suicide

By *ature sensual gentMan 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Have done every Darkness into Light since first in Phoenix Park in 2009. Sadly I have lost many friends to suicide and have suffered most of my life with the shitty condition that is depression. I would encourage everyone on fab to respect all and treat others with respect as they would like to be treated when they message you. You never know what goes on in people's minds behind closed doors and minds that are fragile. Sadly a number of those I have lost have been friends from fab. So if you do decide to walk or contribute do it with a clean soul and if not do an act of random kindness or two here for someone else that you never know might make their week or even their year. Stay kind to everyone you never know the result of your actions. Love to all regardless of gender age status size colour etc etc etc. Respect to all.

By *udding RoseWoman 2 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

"Never done it but I have done lots of walks over the years for the local hospice and Childline.

"

They're great causes too!

By *ature bbw party plannerCouple 2 weeks ago

noyfb

"Have done every Darkness into Light since first in Phoenix Park in 2009. Sadly I have lost many friends to suicide and have suffered most of my life with the shitty condition that is depression. I would encourage everyone on fab to respect all and treat others with respect as they would like to be treated when they message you. You never know what goes on in people's minds behind closed doors and minds that are fragile. Sadly a number of those I have lost have been friends from fab. So if you do decide to walk or contribute do it with a clean soul and if not do an act of random kindness or two here for someone else that you never know might make their week or even their year. Stay kind to everyone you never know the result of your actions. Love to all regardless of gender age status size colour etc etc etc. Respect to all."

very well said

By *ature sensual gentMan 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

"Never done it but I have done lots of walks over the years for the local hospice and Childline.

They're great causes too! "

Absolutely...any cause that helps others in need

By *ature bbw party plannerCouple 2 weeks ago

noyfb

Looking forward to Saturdays Darkness into Light walk, weather looks to be good.

By *eductivepiercingsWoman 2 weeks ago

louth

All charities CEO make an obscene amount of money the world over!

But the alternative is what?

Anyone who has not been touched by suicide is either very lonely or very very lucky.

SoSad is in cavan, drogheda, Dundalk, navan, kells, Monaghan and Laois 1800-901-909

Support them as an alternative or others similar to this.

By *panishRebelMan 2 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"All charities CEO make an obscene amount of money the world over!

Anyone who has not been touched by suicide is either very lonely or very very lucky.

SoSad is in cavan, drogheda, Dundalk, navan, kells, Monaghan and Laois 1800-901-909

Support them as an alternative or others similar to this. "

I don't agree that all charity CEOs make obscene amounts. One may say this about many international and global charities. However there are many local genuine ones. A great example is Cork Penny Dinners, or even the Simon's....

As for what alternative there is....due diligence on who money is given too.

By *panishRebelMan 2 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"All charities CEO make an obscene amount of money the world over!

Support them as an alternative or others similar to this.

I don't agree that all charity CEOs make obscene amounts. One may say this about many international and global charities. However there are many local genuine ones. A great example is Cork Penny Dinners, or even the Simon's....

As for what alternative there is....due diligence on who money is given too."

PS...I like the sound of the Darkness to Light....but living abroad I have lost some touch with who is who.

By *eductivepiercingsWoman 2 weeks ago

louth

Ceo of Simons is on around €90k a year, but you didn't read the thread did you! I gave an alternate suicide group for a different poster who did not want to support darkness into light due to the high wage the CEO receives. The average salary of Irish based charities is over €110k a year. I do personally support multiple suicide prevention groups due to being personally touched by this issue and have a 1 year remembrance in a few days. I had not expressed my personal opinion one way or the other on who gets what, other than provide an alternative to people who may need help.

By *eth TVTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Mid Meath

"Won’t do it. CEO Elaine on a salary of €120,000, up to almost €150,000 with benefits. "

Charity bodies such as Pieta are businesses who are managing 8 digit incomes, handling a lot of corporate responsibility, dealing with loads of external agencies over a lot of areas of expertise, managing large events and and are employing piles of staff. Unfortunately experienced management are in demand and need to be paid half decent wages otherwise they will not attract even halfway competent candidates to the roles.

» Add a new message to this topic