Motorways

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aptain Caveman41 OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Home

What pisses you off about other drivers on the motorway

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ature sensual gentMan 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Those breaking the speed limit of 120km. Passing out I the inside lane. Aggressive tailgating. General disrespect and road rage of some drivers who in some cases feel they are privileged to break the law.

Home

"Those breaking the speed limit of 120km. Passing out I the inside lane. Aggressive tailgating. General disrespect and road rage of some drivers who in some cases feel they are privileged to break the law. "
question is if a car can undertake you it means you are in the wrong by hogging the overtaking lane.

By *ature sensual gentMan 2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Not at all this is when I'm and others in front of me are driving 120kmph

By *ealitybitesMan 2 weeks ago

Belfast

"Not at all this is when I'm and others in front of me are driving 120kmph"

If the inside lane is clear enough for someone to undertake you even at that speed then that's where you should be.

It's an overtaking lane, not a fast lane and if you aren't overtaking you should be in the left hand lane.

Home

if the inside Lane is clear you shouldn't be out there even if you are doing 120

By *exyScientistsCouple 2 weeks ago

Castlebar

People who don't know how a motorway works

By *indenMan 2 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

People who are going the same direction, the opposite direction, exiting or joining the motorway annoy me….

And especially people using their full lights lights on the opposite side just because there’s nothing in front of them but don’t seem to realise they’re blinding everyone going the other way…..

By *eralt80Man 2 weeks ago

cork

Nothing, if someone irks me I just tell myself that in 30 seconds they’ll be gone out of my life never to be seen again.

By *filnikufecinMan 2 weeks ago

Dublin

When the dead dog on the grass verge overtakes me.

By *eroLondonMan 2 weeks ago

Mayfair

Wait! You guys have motorways on the Emerald Isle??? I thought it was all delightful and winding country lanes and narrow roads of quaintness and beautiful tree-lined avenues for your motor cars. My illusion has been shattered.

By *eductivepiercingsWoman 2 weeks ago

louth

Everyone else on the motorway! Cam they not drive some other time.

By *og-ManMan 2 weeks ago

somewhere

Idiots that crash every single day on the M50 northbound in the afternoon ....every single day

By *indenMan 2 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"Wait! You guys have motorways on the Emerald Isle??? I thought it was all delightful and winding country lanes and narrow roads of quaintness and beautiful tree-lined avenues for your motor cars. My illusion has been shattered. "

Sure n begorra ‘tis when we are on a foreign holiday the laddy meant…..

Whale oil beef hooked……..

By *apri 555Man 2 weeks ago

wexford or Dublin

People tailgating,,drive me feckin nuts ,,pun intended

By *onjour691Man 2 weeks ago

Dublin

I'm a paramedic with advanced driving qualification. What really gets me is people tailgating when driving on blue lights. Then you have the people who think its funny to race an ambulance. If people only saw what can happy to a vehicle in a accident only then would they start driving properly!

By *rystalsswingCouple 2 weeks ago

Galway

"Nothing, if someone irks me I just tell myself that in 30 seconds they’ll be gone out of my life never to be seen again. "

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman 2 weeks ago

in the waves

People who overtake you then pull in front of you and slow down. Over and over.

By *onjour691Man 2 weeks ago

Dublin

"People who overtake you then pull in front of you and slow down. Over and over. "

Or when you go to overtake someone and they speed up!!!

By *eroLondonMan 2 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Wait! You guys have motorways on the Emerald Isle??? I thought it was all delightful and winding country lanes and narrow roads of quaintness and beautiful tree-lined avenues for your motor cars. My illusion has been shattered.

·

Sure n begorra ‘tis when we are on a foreign holiday the laddy meant…..

Whale oil beef hooked…….. "

·

I remember the halcyon days of cobbled streets and muddy conduits.

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

Concerned citizens or road police holding the limit in the overtaking lane,I can only imagine what they think "oh I'm driving the limit so whomever is behind me can wait" stopping people from over taking. cvpt$.

Closely followed by the people who have a tiny scratch from a small bump holding up the M50, waiting for either the cops or something, these people have a special place in every hell.

By *aois_girthMan 2 weeks ago

Portlaoise

"Nothing, if someone irks me I just tell myself that in 30 seconds they’ll be gone out of my life never to be seen again. "

Great way to look at it, will use this from now on

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 2 weeks ago

The West

This is what I hate about Irish motorways. People driving in the right lane. If there is room to undertake you, then you're in the wrong lane.

You won't see this in Europe, its quintessential bad Irish driving.

The West

Those people who drive by a motorway entrance and have a childish row in their own head, blocking somebody from entering, like they're stealing their property.

You should temporarily move to the right lane to allow traffic merge, basic etiquette and again another Irish classic you won't see on the continent!

By *ilthyNightsCouple 2 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

It never gets as far as to actually piss me off IRL. Don't sweat the small things

Belfast

People who don't understand the zipper principle at roadworks or lane closures and get angry at drivers trying to move across from the right hand lane

By *ature bbw party plannerCouple 2 weeks ago

noyfb

"Not at all this is when I'm and others in front of me are driving 120kmph

This is what I hate about Irish motorways. People driving in the right lane. If there is room to undertake you, then you're in the wrong lane.

You won't see this in Europe, its quintessential bad Irish driving."

Surely if you undertake someone going 120 in the outside lane you are driving in excess of 120 and breaking the law???? Plus undertaking from case law is also very dangerous and can result in a fine and points depending on the magistrate ...4 exceptions (slow moving traffic, you're turning left, car in front is turning right (not applicable on motorways) or in an emergency. While I appreciate the frustration of some Irish drivers hogging the outside lane is not illegal. And we all have a duty of civil care to uphold the law. Leaving aside the huge fatalities on the roads.I think the people from both sides of the argument who said earlier don't worry about it... they will be out of your life in 30 seconds, have got it spot on. And for those of you who get frustrated on either side of the argument google LFT Low Frustration Tolerance.

The West

Surely if you undertake someone going 120 in the outside lane you are driving in excess of 120 and breaking the law???? Plus undertaking from case law is also very dangerous and can result in a fine and points depending on the magistrate ...4 exceptions (slow moving traffic, you're turning left, car in front is turning right (not applicable on motorways) or in an emergency. While I appreciate the frustration of some Irish drivers hogging the outside lane is not illegal. And we all have a duty of civil care to uphold the law. Leaving aside the huge fatalities on the roads.I think the people from both sides of the argument who said earlier don't worry about it... they will be out of your life in 30 seconds, have got it spot on. And for those of you who get frustrated on either side of the argument google LFT Low Frustration Tolerance."

It's the very basics when learning to drive.

Your mentality is that you own the motorway, you are not the driving police. Its not your place to dictate what speed others drive at.

Its the reason we're the worst drivers in Europe. The lack of basic driving etiquette is the cause of so many road deaths!

noyfb

Surely if you undertake someone going 120 in the outside lane you are driving in excess of 120 and breaking the law???? Plus undertaking from case law is also very dangerous and can result in a fine and points depending on the magistrate ...4 exceptions (slow moving traffic, you're turning left, car in front is turning right (not applicable on motorways) or in an emergency. While I appreciate the frustration of some Irish drivers hogging the outside lane is not illegal. And we all have a duty of civil care to uphold the law. Leaving aside the huge fatalities on the roads.I think the people from both sides of the argument who said earlier don't worry about it... they will be out of your life in 30 seconds, have got it spot on. And for those of you who get frustrated on either side of the argument google LFT Low Frustration Tolerance.

Your mentality is that you own the motorway, you are not the driving police. Its not your place to dictate what speed others drive at.

Its the reason we're the worst drivers in Europe. The lack of basic driving etiquette is the cause of so many road deaths!"

It's an observation so please don't assume I do have a mentality on one side of the camp or the other. But thank you for clearing it up that you believe so many of the deaths are down to lack of driving etiquette and not speeding.

The West

Its the reason we're the worst drivers in Europe. The lack of basic driving etiquette is the cause of so many road deaths!

It's an observation so please don't assume I do have a mentality on one side of the camp or the other. But thank you for clearing it up that you believe so many of the deaths are down to lack of driving etiquette and not speeding."

You've gone off topic. How many deaths do we have on our motorways??

The majority of accidents on motorways are caused by poor drivers, over-braking, not indicating, driving in wrong lanes, not giving way and using phones.

noyfb

It's an observation so please don't assume I do have a mentality on one side of the camp or the other. But thank you for clearing it up that you believe so many of the deaths are down to lack of driving etiquette and not speeding.

You've gone off topic. How many deaths do we have on our motorways??

The majority of accidents on motorways are caused by poor drivers, over-braking, not indicating, driving in wrong lanes, not giving way and using phones."

Your words not mine...."The lack of basic driving etiquette is the cause of so many road deaths!"

Home

"Nothing, if someone irks me I just tell myself that in 30 seconds they’ll be gone out of my life never to be seen again.

Great way to look at it, will use this from now on"

you do that and after being stuck behind someone doing 100 in the right lane for half hour when you can legally undertake them. Keep telling yourself it will be only 30 seconds.

Belfast

Coming off a slip road on to a dual carriageway this morning with virtually no traffic.

A car in the left lane refused to move out to allow me in even though there was nothing in the overtaking lane at all so I had to come to a complete stop.

Caught up with him half a mile up the road and pulled out to overtake and he accelerated and refused to let me passed.

He came up behind a truck and with no indication at all he pulled out in front of me and I had to stand on the brakes.

He got passed the truck and pulled back in and slowed down to about 40 mph so the truck driver blasted the horn and had to move into the outside lane to avoid running up his arse.

I eventually got passed both of them.

There was no other traffic on the road so he was definitely taking the piss and having a laugh.

All this was at 70 or below so if anything had happened it wouldn't have been speed related.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 2 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Surely if you undertake someone going 120 in the outside lane you are driving in excess of 120 and breaking the law???? Plus undertaking from case law is also very dangerous and can result in a fine and points depending on the magistrate ...4 exceptions (slow moving traffic, you're turning left, car in front is turning right (not applicable on motorways) or in an emergency. While I appreciate the frustration of some Irish drivers hogging the outside lane is not illegal. And we all have a duty of civil care to uphold the law. Leaving aside the huge fatalities on the roads.I think the people from both sides of the argument who said earlier don't worry about it... they will be out of your life in 30 seconds, have got it spot on. And for those of you who get frustrated on either side of the argument google LFT Low Frustration Tolerance."

I don't feel I have a duty to uphold the law.

By *iscuits8Man 2 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

If some thick is doing 70/80 in the right lane, you better believe I'm overtaking him on the inside (once entirely safe to do so).

Anyway, it's silly in this day and age that motorway driving is not part of the EDT lessons.

» Add a new message to this topic