FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The Bridgerton era

The Bridgerton era

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astello OP   Woman 4 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

After watching 4 hours of it last night. I thought about old fashioned courtship and manners..

Are we missing something in the era of "fast" everything. Has manners disintegrated in everyday life.. Is being Gentlemanly a positive or an affront to gender equality.

I appreciate the irony of talking courtship on a swingers site btw

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan 4 weeks ago

somewhere

Like to think I'm a gentleman in real life and fab life and don't have a problem in saying that

Unfortunately since we're in the digital age everything is moving at a much faster pace and everything is available online except for manners it would seem

Since covid I think its definitely gotten worse than it was in this world.

Tír na nÓg

"Like to think I'm a gentleman in real life and fab life and don't have a problem in saying that

Unfortunately since we're in the digital age everything is moving at a much faster pace and everything is available online except for manners it would seem

Since covid I think its definitely gotten worse than it was in this world.

"

I agree completely.. Indeed you are a gentleman. I found it quite interesting the popularity of this series and wonder innately do people seek some of it's splendor and refinement... Of maybe l just like the corsets and suits...

By *aseylee324Couple 4 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

People are raised to be mannerly or not, it's what they see in the home.

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

It's the constant strive to destroy the male role in the form of "toxic masculinity" , while claiming women are the same as men...men aren't chivalrous to their fellow man, welcome to equality.

I always open a door for a woman, merely an observation

somewhere

"It's the constant strive to destroy the male role in the form of "toxic masculinity" , while claiming women are the same as men...men aren't chivalrous to their fellow man, welcome to equality.

I always open a door for a woman, merely an observation "

Nothing wrong with holding the door open for anyone

The only problem is when they're slightly too far behind you ....do you hold it open and wait....do they walk faster...hate it

By *ORDERMANMan 4 weeks ago

wrexham

Manners maketh the man

somewhere

Couldn't get into Bridgerton at all but loved Downton

By *ealitybitesMan 4 weeks ago

Belfast

Like many traits these days it's often the case that people claiming to be something, rarely are.

If you have to remind people that you are a gentleman, a lady, a nice person or genuine it's highly likely you are projecting a different image.

I'm always mannerly but that has been thrown back in my face a number of times by angry people who say they don't need my manners or are more than capable of opening a fucking door.

One woman asked if my parents were proud of raising a cunt just for holding a door open.

By *ubadubdubWoman 4 weeks ago

Hereabouts

Opening a door or holding it open for someone is just nice courtesy if you ask me, nothing confusing about it.

I appreciate acts of courtesy whether from men or women but yes it is declining and as others have observed, particularly since COVID.

By *eductivepiercingsWoman 4 weeks ago

louth

What a can of worms!

It's such a thin line for most of these, if you watch videos on line you see the same thing result in very different reactions. So we all picked holding a door open! Now a guy can hold a door open for another guy! It's usually a nice thing or they are carrying something.

A girl for a girl nothing happens either!

A girl holds a door open for a guy, she gets thanked

The door for a girl does not have to mean anything at all, but yet it depends Who it is. Why? And I'm sorry but it's only us girls who have made it awkward.

louth

I have binged the new series! And made himself watch, although we did give each other foot rubs! I doubt he liked it but said nothing to me, house trained lol

By *aptain Caveman41Man 4 weeks ago

Home

"Manners maketh the man"
followed by giving a pile of fellas a right hammering

By *ipstick KissesWoman 4 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

"It's the constant strive to destroy the male role in the form of "toxic masculinity" , while claiming women are the same as men...men aren't chivalrous to their fellow man, welcome to equality.

I always open a door for a woman, merely an observation "

Do you do the same for men?

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

I always open a door for a woman, merely an observation

Do you do the same for men?"

Yes, usually.

louth

I seen it with my own fella he will get a door, holds it open but looks away then just walks on, no eye contact or chat! It's odd we are at this stage! But I have seen 1 "lady" try to say something and well I don't have any issue saying something straight back! It was in a Marks and Spencers store! My dad still does little things for my mum and I think it's cute! Minus his moaning lol

Tír na nÓg

Im a firm believer in manners and its something that I've instilled in my son. Im proud when some person compliments him on it.. Id hate to think that kindness could inferred as an attack on gender equality. Irrespective of gender, manners should prevail.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 4 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I thought I was very mannerly sitting through that bag of shite she wanted to watch.

louth

Oh God! Not a fan! Lol I did the same to mine, he may have dozed off for some episodes

By *eordie.Woman 4 weeks ago

The Sticks

"I thought I was very mannerly sitting through that bag of shite she wanted to watch. "

You deserve a medal

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 4 weeks ago

The West

"Opening a door or holding it open for someone is just nice courtesy if you ask me, nothing confusing about it.

I appreciate acts of courtesy whether from men or women but yes it is declining and as others have observed, particularly since COVID. "

Exactly, simple common courtesy.

In all my years I've never encountered rudeness when showing somebody courtesy, male or female.

I dont buy into the whole "since covid" thing either, certainly not my recent experiences.

By *ea ShellsWoman 4 weeks ago

Sligo

Loved the first in the series. Then downloaded all the books and read through them all. Enjoying now each of the family having their own season as it’s filmed.

Love the romance of each couple, their meet, their courting, the build up as well as the settings, location and the dresses. But it’s the hidden naughtiness that is the most alluring aspect. In my opinion!!

By *icsJourneyCouple 4 weeks ago

Tyrone

Opening a door open is a pretty low bar. We can do better people!

By *rRiosMan 4 weeks ago

Dublin

"

One woman asked if my parents were proud of raising a cunt just for holding a door open. "

I hope your answer was “very proud, are your’s”

By *teve.rogers321Man 4 weeks ago

Ferndown

"One woman asked if my parents were proud of raising a cunt just for holding a door open. "

That’s more a reflection of their upbringing (or lack of it).

By *teve.rogers321Man 4 weeks ago

Ferndown

"Opening a door open is a pretty low bar. We can do better people!"

It is but I think it’s the easiest reference to chivalry most have.. I think chivalry is just a fancy word for being a nice guy.. I think most people are generally nice..

By *lutterFlyWoman 4 weeks ago

Near Belfast

My son is a builder and I know the language can be rough lol but I watched him carry a ladies bags to her car at the shopping centre last weekend.

When he got into my car I asked him who she was and he replied 'no idea but she was even older than you Mum so I would hope someone would give you a hand in a year or so's time'

Lol

By *icsJourneyCouple 4 weeks ago

Tyrone

"My son is a builder and I know the language can be rough lol but I watched him carry a ladies bags to her car at the shopping centre last weekend.

When he got into my car I asked him who she was and he replied 'no idea but she was even older than you Mum so I would hope someone would give you a hand in a year or so's time'

Lol"

I'm not sure if I'd slap him or hug him! My son is trade too, language is horrendous but he's been brought up right and he's got great manners.

By *ingerNNutsCouple 4 weeks ago

dublin

Oh I do love receiving and hearing about others receiving some good courting. I will preface this with I am a total oxymoron as I’m extremely independent and everyone that knows me knows it lol. But I do love a bit of old world romance sprinkled into my life….just not too much or you’ll bore me in the bedroom hehe - Mrs

louth

Everyone should have date nights! regardless of age, how long they are together, even if they are fighting.

Get up, get dressed, get out and court! and then yes go home and make out, fight tomorrow and what was it all about anyways!

Just bring back romance, little love notes, flowers, Plan a full date, time and be on time, dress up! and us girls, dress for later! full make-up and guys shower and shave, go out! not all dates have to be pub or restaurant, it can be sitting watching the sun go down eating and icecream, blanket in your car , kiss and cuddles, watch a movie even out some place, go make out away from the kids, cook a meal for each other, breakfast in bed, massage or foot rub, walk and chat and sit down and cuddle some place.

Simple things away from others and the hustle and bustle of life, leave your phones at home. We survived before them and can last 2 hours without them. XX

Tír na nÓg

Think your right with the importance of actual romance.. Maybe thats the alluring aspect of bridgerton. Maybe its the slow build up to the actual ripping the clothes off.... Anyway I'm a self confessed sensualist so... Maybe l better procure a corset and some bloomers....

louth

I had a peak at your profile and you do like the sensual and expensive underwear. I think a lot of girls are still into old world romance and courtship. What you do back in the bedroom should not detract on how you got there. Yes to the corset and no to the bloomers, you have nice undies stick to them.

Hereabouts

"Think your right with the importance of actual romance.. Maybe thats the alluring aspect of bridgerton. Maybe its the slow build up to the actual ripping the clothes off.... Anyway I'm a self confessed sensualist so... Maybe l better procure a corset and some bloomers.... "

So many clothes though, layers and layers! I'll take the fans though, very flirty

By *carlett!Woman 4 weeks ago

I binge watched it in one night too. Was on the edge of my seat. That's real courtship. Nothing wrong with a lady wanting a gentleman on the streets & a freak in the sheets

Hereabouts

"I binge watched it in one night too. Was on the edge of my seat. That's real courtship. Nothing wrong with a lady wanting a gentleman on the streets & a freak in the sheets "

Same, and I'm in total fantasy mode after it hahaha. Even considering the advantages of other people matchmaking for me

By *carlett!Woman 4 weeks ago

"I binge watched it in one night too. Was on the edge of my seat. That's real courtship. Nothing wrong with a lady wanting a gentleman on the streets & a freak in the sheets

Same, and I'm in total fantasy mode after it hahaha. Even considering the advantages of other people matchmaking for me "

I've just posted in the FWB thread lol what's it done to us ha only on tv most times unfortunately

Tír na nÓg

"I binge watched it in one night too. Was on the edge of my seat. That's real courtship. Nothing wrong with a lady wanting a gentleman on the streets & a freak in the sheets "

Yessss

» Add a new message to this topic