FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > over priced

over priced

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etmebeurfantasy OP   Woman  over a year ago

My town

A slight rant im taking kids to a concert in may; me and mu friend decided to book a hotel or bb in Dublin as a extra treat.

Spent all day yesterday checking prices was mad. Eventually found a place for 70 euro quoted and so payed it.

Everyone delighted later on last night I get a phone call from the manager.; informing me that the price was wrong it is 189 euro

he ringing me to take extra money.

I argued my point as you would I was quoted

because I would not pay over the extra 100 euro he cancelled details.

Told me everywhere in Dublin be expensive and his staff got it wrong any other night is 70 but concert nights is more.

It was my hard luck and basically if I don't pay its tough surly he can't do that if payment went through.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"A slight rant im taking kids to a concert in may; me and mu friend decided to book a hotel or bb in Dublin as a extra treat.

Spent all day yesterday checking prices was mad. Eventually found a place for 70 euro quoted and so payed it.

Everyone delighted later on last night I get a phone call from the manager.; informing me that the price was wrong it is 189 euro

Told me everywhere in Dublin be expensive and his staff got it wrong any other night is 70 but concert nights is more.

It was my hard luck and basically if I don't pay its tough surly he can't do that if payment went through. "

what hotel is it and the original price should stand

By *urious fem ddWoman  over a year ago

dublin

Interesting that he phoned! No paper trail. Do you have his name? Call the national consumer agency. His staff made an error, their fault. Simples! Enjoy the concert x

By *alwayboyMan  over a year ago

Galway

Same with the galway races a rip off

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tell him payments gone through , his staff accepted the booking at that price, mistake not urs, they have to stand over it !!!! Tell home ur getting on to the Consumers Association straight away !!!

By *ateatnight1055Man  over a year ago

Ballybrit

Hotels in Dublin are f#@*&^s full stop! I had a cousin from the states staying in one because of/during9/11.They tried to charge her 140e to get a prescription written by an irish doctor for a refill on her meds because she had to stay longer and was running low. That's serious scumbag territory!

Ballybrit

"Tell him payments gone through , his staff accepted the booking at that price, mistake not urs, they have to stand over it !!!! Tell home ur getting on to the Consumers Association straight away !!!"

Same for garth brooks concert pure cunts!!!

If u had deal done then should stand. But unles hav receipt hard proove.as gesture he should meet halfway n divide diffrence.any b+b's?much homlier.x

If u had deal done then should stand. But unles hav receipt hard proove.as gesture he should meet halfway n divide diffrence.any b+b's?much homlier.x

Ballybrit

Write really crap reviews explaing exactly why your not happy. Post it to them first, give them a chance like, wait for their response.. if good happy days, if not find hotel review websites and post your review and the response! Let them fuck themselves! ! Totally agree with the b&b thing btw. Dublin is brilliant for that.

"Interesting that he phoned! No paper trail. Do you have his name? Call the national consumer agency. His staff made an error, their fault. Simples! Enjoy the concert x"

You need to contact the ombudsman because its a fact that the price u see is the price u pay.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

[Removed by poster at 22/04/14 09:08:00]

Lucan

It may be morally wrong, but legally it's a different matter. It depends on when it becomes an actual contract. I'm quite sure he'll have had that covered. Sadly I'm quite sure the consumer agency will tell you something similar and there's probably little enough can be done about it other than trying to appeal to their sense of decency.

Ballybrit

"It may be morally wrong, but legally it's a different matter. It depends on when it becomes an actual contract. I'm quite sure he'll have had that covered. Sadly I'm quite sure the consumer agency will tell you something similar and there's probably little enough can be done about it other than trying to appeal to their sense of decency. "

As far as i know legally it should stand at the initial price, i am not a lawyer at all but something similar happened a few years ago while i was working at a computer company, prices online were wrong and computers had to be sold at the initial price, unless they have changed that law or it's different for hotels i am sure you are right letme xx best of luck either way hun

Lucan

"As far as i know legally it should stand at the initial price, i am not a lawyer at all but something similar happened a few years ago while i was working at a computer company, prices online were wrong and computers had to be sold at the initial price, unless they have changed that law or it's different for hotels i am sure you are right letme xx best of luck either way hun "

In normal retail situations the price displayed constitutes an offer. The buyer must accept the offer and hand over the money. It becomes a contract only when the seller accepts the money that the buyer has given them. Prices displayed in shops can be incorrectly displayed. It is a myth that the seller must legally sell at the price displayed. Deposits do not generally form part of the contract either, as any victim of gazumping will testify.

Maybe online sales will differ, but there has to be an allowance for the fact that a genuine mistake will occur, so there's no hard rule that the price on a website must be accepted by the vendor.

Ballybrit

Basically. Stick your guns. Pay them what you agreed. If they try anything else, simply refuse.

I see your point Michael but at the time i worked there this happened, no myth and it did happen, i should know as i worked there, now this was like 6 years ago or even more so law could have changed since then

I still would stick to my guns , i am very stubborn lol

Lucan

"I see your point Michael but at the time i worked there this happened, no myth and it did happen, i should know as i worked there, now this was like 6 years ago or even more so law could have changed since then

I still would stick to my guns , i am very stubborn lol"

It could've happened but there wouldn't have been any legal impediment on them to sell at a mistakenly advertised price. Viking Stationery made that mistake last year when they advertised TVs at the incorrect price on their website. Quite a few people had purchased them and had paid in full before the error was discovered but they just gave the money back. Joe Duffy got a couple of hours of talk out of it, but that was the end of it as they were within their rights apparently.

Well, that was the case last year, but at the time this happens those computers had to be sold at the initial price, like i said not a lawyer just telling the truth about what happened many years back, i think it could have changed after that

My town

I thought that the price was quoted and excepted that they had to go with that price.

The member of staff told me original price twice but I got told a new member of staff did not know the increase of pricing.

It was a case of pay up or tough luck basically.

My town

I thought that the price was quoted and excepted that they had to go with that price.

The member of staff told me original price twice but I got told a new member of staff did not know the increase of pricing.

It was a case of pay up or tough luck basically.

from the consumerhelp website:

"If a shop incorrectly labels something with the wrong price, and it is lower than the price charged at the till, you do not have an automatic right to buy the goods at the marked price. As long as the seller tells you before your money is taken that the higher price applies, you can decide not to buy it.

"

What I take from this is because you have already paid for it, they can't turn around now and change their minds.

The quoted price should be the price you pay , it's not your problem they got it wrong the price should stand

Consumerhelp Helpline 1890 432 432

Why don't you give them a ring so you know 100%

Lucan

"I thought that the price was quoted and excepted that they had to go with that price.

It was a case of pay up or tough luck basically. "

Morally that should be the case, but legally it's not. Talk to Joe, or email them and tell them you're going to talk to Joe. They just might not want the publicity. It's one of the most despicable things that Irish businesses do, upping the price on busy weekends. I hateit.

My town

Thanks people for ur help.

Bloody one direction are causing me this stress.

Lucan

"Thanks people for ur help.

Bloody one direction are causing me this stress. "

I'd say sweet's advice was the best. Best of luck with it.

They cause me stress just by singing lol

Best of luck hun xx

My town

"Consumerhelp Helpline 1890 432 432

Why don't you give them a ring so you know 100%"

good woman sweet thanks darling.

My town

"They cause me stress just by singing lol

Best of luck hun xx"

ha ha I hear them all day every day..... my .poor ears.

I know hun, i have a 7 year old, i hear and see them!!!

The things we do for our children x let me know how you get on hun

My town

"I know hun, i have a 7 year old, i hear and see them!!!

The things we do for our children x let me know how you get on hun "

snap will do ena x

By *umpsMan  over a year ago

city

When the hotel accepted your money for the orginal price... They are legally binded to fullfill their part of the deal...when you paid for the accommodation it is a contract made by you and accepted by the hotel.. They cannot change the price once the tranaction was complete.

"Interesting that he phoned! No paper trail. Do you have his name? Call the national consumer agency. His staff made an error, their fault. Simples! Enjoy the concert x"

Contact the consumer agency......they can advise you on your rights as a consumer. Good luck Letme x

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"When the hotel accepted your money for the orginal price... They are legally binded to fullfill their part of the deal...when you paid for the accommodation it is a contract made by you and accepted by the hotel.. They cannot change the price once the tranaction was complete. "

This is wat I wud have thought.once payment goes tru contract made

"A slight rant im taking kids to a concert in may; me and mu friend decided to book a hotel or bb in Dublin as a extra treat.

It was my hard luck and basically if I don't pay its tough surly he can't do that if payment went through. "

they cant do tht letme!thts false advertising,id ring consumer affairs and complain

My town

I was told that most hotel or bb have on the website that prices can vary from time to time.

Did you ring the consumer agency let me? I'd be interested to know what the outcome was! I'm studying law at the mo and my understanding was that they made an offer (the price of the room online) you accepted the offer and confirmed that with consideration (that's the terminology we learnt for the money in a contract) and therefore the amount you paid was the offer, acceptance and consideration. They need to uphold their end of the deal! Also when it comes to hotel rooms we learnt that legally you don't have to pay for a room in full until after you have seen it, can't remember why though lol

By *umpsMan  over a year ago

city

"I was told that most hotel or bb have on the website that prices can vary from time to time.

"

hotels and bb can charge what they like at anytime they want..though within reason...but when you made the tranaction earlier they can't suddenly decide to change the price afterwards..

From your original forum message..I'm guess that the booking was made over the phone.. If so..im afraid that there is not much you can do.. Unless that you got the booking in writing..(an email comfirming booking) with pricing of the €70 and length of stay and numbers of guest.. Also what stands to you, if the hotel in question has already withdrawn the original value from either visa or debit card.. This is another proof of booking at the first price..so again they cannot decide to up the price there after..

best jus put it down to expierence and forget it..only annoying urself..I suppose the worker did make a mistake as we all do..if im in shop and forget my change its nice to be told..hotel receptionist made genuine mistake...but an apology would be a help ... support family run bed n breakfasts....forget nama run fancy hotels..........

By *urferniMan  over a year ago

Antrim

Even if you do get your accommodation at the lower price, I wouldn't eat breakfast at the hotel as I'd be paranoid in case they would spike your food! lol

» Add a new message to this topic