FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Cancelled waterford meet and greet.

Cancelled waterford meet and greet.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eise68 OP   Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Hi , was wondering how many payed a deposit to this ,, and did you get a refund.

I requested one. A refund , and i suggested top up my mobile with money i payed , and sent an email giving my mobile number.

I got a reply asking send it to email sent.

As they were leaving the site.

I was puzzeled by this. And went to ask to what email. But they are no longer on the site.

I can only persume they ment an off site email. But that was deleted. And i have no way of contacting them

So im guessing i wont now get the money payed. Anyone else in same boat

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have sent a private off site email to them before it should be in your sent items unless you also delete them.

"Hi , was wondering how many payed a deposit to this ,, and did you get a refund.

I requested one. A refund , and i suggested top up my mobile with money i payed , and sent an email giving my mobile number.

I was puzzeled by this. And went to ask to what email. But they are no longer on the site.

I can only persume they ment an off site email. But that was deleted. And i have no way of contacting them

So im guessing i wont now get the money payed. Anyone else in same boat"

personally i think they should have stayed on site until the deposits were sorted out, surely they could just have hid their profile if they were getting hassle etc. just my opinion.

newcastle

"If you have sent a private off site email to them before it should be in your sent items unless you also delete them."

I deleted all the emails. And never put them into contacts. I didnt think i had to.

newcastle

"Hi , was wondering how many payed a deposit to this ,, and did you get a refund.

So im guessing i wont now get the money payed. Anyone else in same boat

personally i think they should have stayed on site until the deposits were sorted out, surely they could just have hid their profile if they were getting hassle etc. just my opinion."

I agree. Very bad form. To just dissapear like that. Just wondering was it a scam to get money.

Cant help be suspicious by the way they left so suddenly. I could be wrong.

I dont know the couple personally but they seemed to be regulars on here and I think have hosted parties before? Though don't quote me on that, however I agree very bad form to leave the site when you still need to sort people out regarding their money. When it comes to cash, there can be no messing about, whatever their reasons are for leaving the site, it does indeed look quite dodgy, though I'd like to think there was nothing sinister about it, just a lack of forethought. You are still out of pocket though, if it was me I'd be ragin.

"If you have sent a private off site email to them before it should be in your sent items unless you also delete them.

I deleted all the emails. And never put them into contacts. I didnt think i had to. "

Perhaps one of their friends could step forward as a go-between?

as candy story says... maybe someone who still has their email address could forward it to the OP

Last week they had a new venue organised, so they said anyway.

Guys I think it's time to wake up and smell the roses.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"If you have sent a private off site email to them before it should be in your sent items unless you also delete them.

I deleted all the emails. And never put them into contacts. I didnt think i had to. "

Check your recycle bin or trash folder. It may still be in there.

"Last week they had a new venue organised, so they said anyway.

Guys I think it's time to wake up and smell the roses."

I know ikandi offered all people who had booked a free club new night and they were going to go with that but they pulled at the last minute from that too. No pleasing some I guess

I still have a contact for them. I'll send them a message asking about the refunds and see what they say

"I still have a contact for them. I'll send them a message asking about the refunds and see what they say"

newcastle

Ok cool thanks.

Maybe pm me ur email address so I can pass it on.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Im sure they will refund u no problem.they werent to know ud delete email.and cant blame them for leaving like that.

Can the people who paid not contact the hotel personally? I thought the other thread said that the hotel would refund any rooms already paid for if they were cancelled before Friday 2nd May. Maybe i misread it?

The host did give a list of names on fourm who had paid there deposits so she did look to give it back before they left saw a post abt it

newcastle

Didnt blame them for anything. Asked a question was anyone else in same boat. Me personally i would have mailed everyone here who payed a deposit and this is how to claim a refund.

newcastle

"The host did give a list of names on fourm who had paid there deposits so she did look to give it back before they left saw a post abt it"

A deposit towards entry

"Can the people who paid not contact the hotel personally? I thought the other thread said that the hotel would refund any rooms already paid for if they were cancelled before Friday 2nd May. Maybe i misread it?"

The hotel is refunding the rooms, the organisers took a deposit for the hire of the function room and dj, that's to be refunded

"Last week they had a new venue organised, so they said anyway.

Guys I think it's time to wake up and smell the roses.

I know ikandi offered all people who had booked a free club new night and they were going to go with that but they pulled at the last minute from that too. No pleasing some I guess"

No, I think they said it was a kind offer and that if anyone wanted to go to fire ahead, but i don't think they directly organized anything with i-kandi.

Think they said they were having to wait on the Cheque being sent from the venue before refunding? I presume people paid by online means and the hosts could then return payment in the same manner??

People who had booked rooms were to contact the hotel by May 2nd

By *umpsMan  over a year ago

city

I also paid up front... I didn't want it back... I told them to give my money to charity... Not like i was going to be out of pocket... I do gather that some did the same... And for some of you who think they just ran off the their deposits... Thats quite low of you... They organised the event and from info from close friend of mine who are good friends with this couple.. They spend some of their own money on getting the room done up... Also they did mention about the foam machine also... Which again they were willing to throw in the exra cash themselves... So before you start judging people think about the effort of the organising they had to do.. With all the effort waisted by another person/s who loved the idea of spoiling it....

"I also paid up front... I didn't want it back... I told them to give my money to charity... Not like i was going to be out of pocket... I do gather that some did the same... And for some of you who think they just ran off the their deposits... Thats quite low of you... They organised the event and from info from close friend of mine who are good friends with this couple.. They spend some of their own money on getting the room done up... Also they did mention about the foam machine also... Which again they were willing to throw in the exra cash themselves... So before you start judging people think about the effort of the organising they had to do.. With all the effort waisted by another person/s who loved the idea of spoiling it...."

Is anyone saying they ran off with the money? Just that it lacks good judgement to disappear off the site when you still have money belonging to people, that is all.

Have passed on Deise68 email address to them so they can get in contact

"Can the people who paid not contact the hotel personally? I thought the other thread said that the hotel would refund any rooms already paid for if they were cancelled before Friday 2nd May. Maybe i misread it?

The hotel is refunding the rooms, the organisers took a deposit for the hire of the function room and dj, that's to be refunded"

Thanks Nippy, i obviously did misread it then.

I honestly think they did try their best to get a party up and running but I think they just got fed up of all the logistic problems and they just called it a day. All understandable

newcastle

"I also paid up front... I didn't want it back... I told them to give my money to charity... Not like i was going to be out of pocket... I do gather that some did the same... And for some of you who think they just ran off the their deposits... Thats quite low of you... They organised the event and from info from close friend of mine who are good friends with this couple.. They spend some of their own money on getting the room done up... Also they did mention about the foam machine also... Which again they were willing to throw in the exra cash themselves... So before you start judging people think about the effort of the organising they had to do.. With all the effort waisted by another person/s who loved the idea of spoiling it....

Is anyone saying they ran off with the money? Just that it lacks good judgement to disappear off the site when you still have money belonging to people, that is all."

The money is not the issue. Its the way they cancelled their membership when they had things to be sorted.

kildare

The way I read it they got pissed of with sad creeps here ringing hotels and sayin its for swinging party

I wudnt blame them really.they do there best to put on party and sad dreamers here who hav no intention of ever goin to party or meeting anyone tries to spoil it for everyone

Think about it.how pathetic is that

"I honestly think they did try their best to get a party up and running but I think they just got fed up of all the logistic problems and they just called it a day. All understandable"

I only seeing this post now...

I can sincerily confirm they tried their upmost to get this waterford night off to a start and everything was pretty sincere, booked the venue and paid deposit for the room with their own money, bought props and booked foam machine, dj was booked pro forma but no money was paid for the dj and in the circumstances he waived the fee costs The hotel was not aware to the substance of the party, it was to be a meet and greet, (birthday party) people booked hotel rooms and paid deposits toward the event and in the final hour, the hotel found out it was a fabswingers event, pulled the plug. I sincere dont think the organisers are ro blame, they tried hard, didnt deserve the abuse they got and I am not surprised they deleted their profile.... I will end by saying a lot of very narrow minded people (not swingers) on the site..... Hope everyone gets their refund in due course, give them time.

kildare

"I honestly think they did try their best to get a party up and running but I think they just got fed up of all the logistic problems and they just called it a day. All understandable

I can sincerily confirm they tried their upmost to get this waterford night off to a start and everything was pretty sincere, booked the venue and paid deposit for the room with their own money, bought props and booked foam machine, dj was booked pro forma but no money was paid for the dj and in the circumstances he waived the fee costs The hotel was not aware to the substance of the party, it was to be a meet and greet, (birthday party) people booked hotel rooms and paid deposits toward the event and in the final hour, the hotel found out it was a fabswingers event, pulled the plug. I sincere dont think the organisers are ro blame, they tried hard, didnt deserve the abuse they got and I am not surprised they deleted their profile.... I will end by saying a lot of very narrow minded people (not swingers) on the site..... Hope everyone gets their refund in due course, give them time. "

newcastle

Wish we knew who it was who rang hotel. So we could all block them.

"I also paid up front... I didn't want it back... I told them to give my money to charity... Not like i was going to be out of pocket... I do gather that some did the same... And for some of you who think they just ran off the their deposits... Thats quite low of you... They organised the event and from info from close friend of mine who are good friends with this couple.. They spend some of their own money on getting the room done up... Also they did mention about the foam machine also... Which again they were willing to throw in the exra cash themselves... So before you start judging people think about the effort of the organising they had to do.. With all the effort waisted by another person/s who loved the idea of spoiling it...."

I was emailed a they text me regards refund I also said keep it.

It wasn't fair on them after putting in so much effort and it cancelled.

It's a pity the left the site.

"Wish we knew who it was who rang hotel. So we could all block them. "

More then block them.

"I honestly think they did try their best to get a party up and running but I think they just got fed up of all the logistic problems and they just called it a day. All understandable

I can sincerily confirm they tried their upmost to get this waterford night off to a start and everything was pretty sincere, booked the venue and paid deposit for the room with their own money, bought props and booked foam machine, dj was booked pro forma but no money was paid for the dj and in the circumstances he waived the fee costs The hotel was not aware to the substance of the party, it was to be a meet and greet, (birthday party) people booked hotel rooms and paid deposits toward the event and in the final hour, the hotel found out it was a fabswingers event, pulled the plug. I sincere dont think the organisers are ro blame, they tried hard, didnt deserve the abuse they got and I am not surprised they deleted their profile.... I will end by saying a lot of very narrow minded people (not swingers) on the site..... Hope everyone gets their refund in due course, give them time.

"

"Wish we knew who it was who rang hotel. So we could all block them. "

It happens at most publicised events but in this case, the venue cancelled, that's the only difference. It could have been a disgruntled Couple, or Single, that had a fallout with the hosts, or didn't make the guestlist, or it could just be a Troll/Flamer, out to cause mischief. Truth is, unless someone admits it then no one will know. Maybe it was more than one person?? No real point in speculating but lessons should be learned from it. Keep details to a bare minimum, don't risk telling people(even one's you know) the venue, until the last possible minute. Pick venues that are in area's with a high density of possible venues and Hotels, so accommodation details can be given out, without compromising the possible location of the venue.

If the hosts are trusted then people should do just that, trust them!! By all means post guestlists but do people need to know anything more than "it's 15 minutes, or less, by taxi from The Fawlty Towers Hotel"??

People enjoy these events, so it's up to the same people to fully back the hosts, in keeping the event safe from the one's out to disrupt it and then can best do that by trusting them....

"Wish we knew who it was who rang hotel. So we could all block them.

It happens at most publicised events but in this case, the venue cancelled, that's the only difference. It could have been a disgruntled Couple, or Single, that had a fallout with the hosts, or didn't make the guestlist, or it could just be a Troll/Flamer, out to cause mischief. Truth is, unless someone admits it then no one will know. Maybe it was more than one person?? No real point in speculating but lessons should be learned from it. Keep details to a bare minimum, don't risk telling people(even one's you know) the venue, until the last possible minute. Pick venues that are in area's with a high density of possible venues and Hotels, so accommodation details can be given out, without compromising the possible location of the venue.

If the hosts are trusted then people should do just that, trust them!! By all means post guestlists but do people need to know anything more than "it's 15 minutes, or less, by taxi from The Fawlty Towers Hotel"??

People enjoy these events, so it's up to the same people to fully back the hosts, in keeping the event safe from the one's out to disrupt it and then can best do that by trusting them...."

"Wish we knew who it was who rang hotel. So we could all block them.

People enjoy these events, so it's up to the same people to fully back the hosts, in keeping the event safe from the one's out to disrupt it and then can best do that by trusting them...."

Years ago I used to stay in a hotel in Louth a lot with work. One evening I arrived and was asked for ID before I got a room. The lift had a security guard on it and there was a lift attendant in the lift itself. totally weird.

Turned out there was a meet and greet planned for the night which got cancelled because geniuses started ringing asking was there a "special rate for the swingers night"....

so never overestimate peoples intelligence

"Years ago I used to stay in a hotel in Louth a lot with work. One evening I arrived and was asked for ID before I got a room. The lift had a security guard on it and there was a lift attendant in the lift itself. totally weird.

Turned out there was a meet and greet planned for the night which got cancelled because geniuses started ringing asking was there a "special rate for the swingers night"....

so never overestimate peoples intelligence "

Great story.

I personally think that the cpl did their best to organise the event.. as for someone calling the hotel to tip them off i would be a bit dubious of that fact seeing as the cpl were constantly looking for people to attend the party that could only accommodate 80 ppl. I've seen other M&G's fill up in less that 3 days on here before.

Yes i was one who paid €10 and the cpl did offer to return it so i dont think it was a scam by any means of the imagination . Seems like they did their best to host an event which takes alot of time, money and effort due due to the lack of interest cut their losses even after been offered 2 other venues. I'm sure they will be back

"I personally think that the cpl did their best to organise the event.. as for someone calling the hotel to tip them off i would be a bit dubious of that fact seeing as the cpl were constantly looking for people to attend the party that could only accommodate 80 ppl. I've seen other M&G's fill up in less that 3 days on here before.

Yes i was one who paid €10 and the cpl did offer to return it so i dont think it was a scam by any means of the imagination . Seems like they did their best to host an event which takes alot of time, money and effort due due to the lack of interest cut their losses even after been offered 2 other venues. I'm sure they will be back "

I think this is more like the true story I think there wasn't enough interest or no's to hold the event

newcastle

[Removed by poster at 28/04/14 17:01:39]

newcastle

"I personally think that the cpl did their best to organise the event.. as for someone calling the hotel to tip them off i would be a bit dubious of that fact seeing as the cpl were constantly looking for people to attend the party that could only accommodate 80 ppl. I've seen other M&G's fill up in less that 3 days on here before.

Yes i was one who paid €10 and the cpl did offer to return it so i dont think it was a scam by any means of the imagination . Seems like they did their best to host an event which takes alot of time, money and effort due due to the lack of interest cut their losses even after been offered 2 other venues. I'm sure they will be back

I think this is more like the true story I think there wasn't enough interest or no's to hold the event"

Fair enough. They not should blame people for calling venue , or name them. Or say the newspapers are hounding them. All seems a bit ott...

I wonder are they related to stephen ireland.

kildare

Ur surmising there and I think ur wrong.seemed genuinely lot of interest and party was full as far as I kno

newcastle

"Ur surmising there and I think ur wrong.seemed genuinely lot of interest and party was full as far as I kno"

No actual qoutes from an email i recived ranting bout newspapers after them. N giving out

kildare

"Ur surmising there and I think ur wrong.seemed genuinely lot of interest and party was full as far as I kno

No actual qoutes from an email i recived ranting bout newspapers after them. N giving out

"

Ye they posted same.im saying ur surmising about not being enough interest. Seemed like loads of interest. I wudnt doubt their reasons

Ok im not saying they didn't have a full list but but when they asked ppl to get in contact them there was only a handful of names then when they said they had another place got they then said not enough interest so if they had a full house wouldn't have seen a problem

By *0shadesofashWoman  over a year ago

DUBLIN

The list was only people who paid a deposit sure I was goin and a few others I talk to aswel

why say there wasn't enough interest then that's what they said on the fourm just saying

By *0shadesofashWoman  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Not sure Hun think they jus couldn get the numbers up when they tried to do it for the Friday nite

seems to be all kinds of different reasons for this event being cancelled, sounds like one big messy situation.

"why say there wasn't enough interest then that's what they said on the fourm just saying "

They said there wasn't enough interest because the date was changed and the dj couldn't make it

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

[Removed by poster at 28/04/14 18:16:07]

around

"Ur surmising there and I think ur wrong.seemed genuinely lot of interest and party was full as far as I kno

"

So did they send you an email today explaining?

I believe there is an event in dublin on 24th may in the venue...

Fully equipped dj

Total alcoholic bar

Equipped playrooms upstairs

Sexy sexy sexy playmates

Keep eyes peeled on forum for more info....

By *acknnoraCouple  over a year ago

north cork

We have held m&g's and have to say no one rang the hotel because i asked did they get any nasty calls...! It has happened b4 that ppl cancled events as they didnt get the response they expect and say someone rang the hotel..! We have never asked for deposits ether so i dont know why ppl shud, pay on the night is sufficant as the hotels wait to be paid the morning after..! Hotels in this day and age are glad of the business as from our last one we have got loads of mails from hotels to hold another..! I think it went a mess as ikandi offered their venue for it and he was turned down i dont know their reasons for leaving Fab but they should have stuck their ground

"We have held m&g's and have to say no one rang the hotel because i asked did they get any nasty calls...! It has happened b4 that ppl cancled events as they didnt get the response they expect and say someone rang the hotel..! We have never asked for deposits ether so i dont know why ppl shud, pay on the night is sufficant as the hotels wait to be paid the morning after..! Hotels in this day and age are glad of the business as from our last one we have got loads of mails from hotels to hold another..! I think it went a mess as ikandi offered their venue for it and he was turned down i dont know their reasons for leaving Fab but they should have stuck their ground "

newcastle

Ok i can clarify i have recieved emails. Quite nasty ones back. And being told when i recieve a refund to post i have recieved it. And i am just back at my pc here goes. This is what was asked of me of me.And to quote ;"

oh and dont forget to post on ur thread that u fully got refunded they way u asked for true phone credit dont see u posting that whats so ever; " end of quote,

So yes i have just posted that i got refunded. Even after i said that in hindsight maybe it should be given to charity.

And yes i stand over that the now defunct couple did name another couple on site here who they blame for ringing the hotel in question. What prooff did they have. Oh they emailed enquiring about meet n greet. At same time hotel rang. They should be punished. Hung even. Sure the evidence is so strong.

And yes now the same couple have a national paper after them.

How do i know this. Oh because i dared to ask a question today in the forum. And they still can see the forum. By the looks of the last of email out of 10 i have recieved in the last 2 to 3 hours. So thank you kindly for your refund and your rantings.

So they are still on site , that didn't last long lol, jaysis this place would put years on ye!

newcastle

Looks like it And got caught out in a big lie. This place can realy suck at times. Lol

Sounds like one big FUBAR but at least the OP got his thread answered & got a result.

Happy days.

By *acknnoraCouple  over a year ago

north cork

"Sounds like one big FUBAR but at least the OP got his thread answered & got a result.

Happy days."

lol@fubar

newcastle

"lol@fubar "
i did.

I have been now called a retart in an email offline. I responded is that a twicecooked tart.

You don't have to have a profile here to read the Forums - it's on open access to anyone with an internet connection.

"You don't have to have a profile here to read the Forums - it's on open access to anyone with an internet connection.

"

Only on the full site though. Wholelottalove better sign out & check, his is the only name I saw that got better with an asterisk.

There has been a lot said about the issue of waterford do.. now i am in contact with the lads who put a crazy amount of effort expenses time and organising and are very stressed out over it. which is hard to do for all organisers to set up.. i think thats where it should be left now as they are totally gone off the site over the abuse and more they got..so i wish them well and luck in there lives now and for all of us that know them wish they hadn't left. but then again thats life for ya ..its so short should be lived to max ..

"There has been a lot said about the issue of waterford do.. now i am in contact with the lads who put a crazy amount of effort expenses time and organising and are very stressed out over it. which is hard to do for all organisers to set up.. i think thats where it should be left now as they are totally gone off the site over the abuse and more they got..so i wish them well and luck in there lives now and for all of us that know them wish they hadn't left. but then again thats life for ya ..its so short should be lived to max .. "

[Removed by poster at 28/04/14 20:33:22]

Yep, what a great place, so relaxed and everyone is lovely, polite and friendly and the atmosphere is electric. You been to the venue?

Been there going back in summer to venue ha ha more fun

"Yep, what a great place, so relaxed and everyone is lovely, polite and friendly and the atmosphere is electric. You been to the venue?"

Ya been there a few times just never seen the fully equipped bar lol

Have u been to ikandi in limerick?

Although it's bring your own drink it's a much better club very well run

Highly recommend u try it out if u haven't already

Dunno y the hosts of Waterford refused to hold it there

We was going to waterford, looking forward to it and devasted it got cancelled, we knew of 4 or 5 other couples going too but we had other meet and greets we attended with the same issue, someone let the cat out of the bag and while the event went on, it was horrible, staff watching everything for anything unthwart,, we had absolute no interest in going to limerick so the organisers didnt refuse to redirect the meet to ikandi, anyone who wanted to go was welcome I believe, they left it to each their own,,, I AM SICK OF THIS SLATING FOLK WHO TRY TO ORGANISE EVENTS, seen it many times over the years AND ALL FOR A FIVER, ridiculous

By *rBrownnSexyMan  over a year ago

Destination Unknown Munster

"Yep, what a great place, so relaxed and everyone is lovely, polite and friendly and the atmosphere is electric. You been to the venue?

Ya been there a few times just never seen the fully equipped bar lol

Have u been to ikandi in limerick?

Although it's bring your own drink it's a much better club very well run

Highly recommend u try it out if u haven't already

Dunno y the hosts of Waterford refused to hold it there

"

people are just trying to get the facts! which they are entitled to know!!

everyone knows the work load involved!!

a fiver may mean nothing to you but it may mean alot to someone else.

newcastle

"We was going to waterford, looking forward to it and devasted it got cancelled, we knew of 4 or 5 other couples going too but we had other meet and greets we attended with the same issue, someone let the cat out of the bag and while the event went on, it was horrible, staff watching everything for anything unthwart,, we had absolute no interest in going to limerick so the organisers didnt refuse to redirect the meet to ikandi, anyone who wanted to go was welcome I believe, they left it to each their own,,, I AM SICK OF THIS SLATING FOLK WHO TRY TO ORGANISE EVENTS, seen it many times over the years AND ALL FOR A FIVER, ridiculous"

Money was not the issue. The issue is people going behind peoples back spreAding gossip on hear say. I asked for clarification. In public. After i got it i said keep the money.

Its funny how you posted this After you asked me was year name mentioned as couple who rang hotel.

"We was going to waterford, looking forward to it and devasted it got cancelled, we knew of 4 or 5 other couples going too but we had other meet and greets we attended with the same issue, someone let the cat out of the bag and while the event went on, it was horrible, staff watching everything for anything unthwart,, we had absolute no interest in going to limerick so the organisers didnt refuse to redirect the meet to ikandi, anyone who wanted to go was welcome I believe, they left it to each their own,,, I AM SICK OF THIS SLATING FOLK WHO TRY TO ORGANISE EVENTS, seen it many times over the years AND ALL FOR A FIVER, ridiculous"

They did refuse it!!

I'm not slating anyone I wasn't even going to the meet and greet..

No doubt they tried their best to get it off the ground but when the shit hit the fan they deleted their account

Should have remained until every penny was returned or given to selected charities

Would like to see them return we even collected them from Dublin when they got lost one day

I believe everyone will or have got their money back, we paid in full and paid hotel for two nights and got our refunds, and when making refund I said cancelling coz of cancelled party. They never questioned my comment thus, read ehat you will. I cant say anything bad other than devasted the event is grounded, mind you mother nature has a way with keeping troubles at bay too. ...

"

a fiver may mean nothing to you but it may mean alot to someone else."

I think it's horrible for people to imply it's only a fiver. You don't know people's circumstances. Why would they be entitled to it, they should of waited and sorted everyone out first.

"

a fiver may mean nothing to you but it may mean alot to someone else.

I think it's horrible for people to imply it's only a fiver. You don't know people's circumstances. Why would they be entitled to it, they should of waited and sorted everyone out first. "

totally agree, not everyone has cash spare to throw at random strangers it's the principle of the matter.

newcastle

"We was going to waterford, looking forward to it and devasted it got cancelled, we knew of 4 or 5 other couples going too but we had other meet and greets we attended with the same issue, someone let the cat out of the bag and while the event went on, it was horrible, staff watching everything for anything unthwart,, we had absolute no interest in going to limerick so the organisers didnt refuse to redirect the meet to ikandi, anyone who wanted to go was welcome I believe, they left it to each their own,,, I AM SICK OF THIS SLATING FOLK WHO TRY TO ORGANISE EVENTS, seen it many times over the years AND ALL FOR A FIVER, ridiculous "

Exactaly the money was not the main point. Was fact they took money from people then absconded from here. When i dared to question it. I was called all sorts. And the last insult was a Retart. Retart is not even a word. I only pesume its a twice backed tart. Just shows a lack of desent respect for people if they are questioned. I pesume they meant to call me a retard. A word that shoes they have no respect. What a total lack of respect. And in my post i did state. Looks like a scam but i could be wrong.

the decent thing would have been stay til it was sorted. wev all had abuse so i know what its like but hit report and block til its sorted or even hide profile and mail who payed!

newcastle

"the decent thing would have been stay til it was sorted. wev all had abuse so i know what its like but hit report and block til its sorted or even hide profile and mail who payed! "
(

around

The 'decent' thing would of been to start thread asking did anyone know how to contact the couple in question. Full stop. Not start one full of accusations and assumptions especially when the people in question are not here to defend themselves.

Its no wonder the couple left with this crap going on. These are two people young enough to be most of our kids. The only thing they are guilty of is ignorance and innocence like most of us were at their age.

" These are two people young enough to be most of our kids. The only thing they are guilty of is ignorance and innocence like most of us were at their age."

"The 'decent' thing would of been to start thread asking did anyone know how to contact the couple in question. Full stop. Not start one full of accusations and assumptions especially when the people in question are not here to defend themselves.

Its no wonder the couple left with this crap going on. These are two people young enough to be most of our kids. The only thing they are guilty of is ignorance and innocence like most of us were at their age."

excuse me but when did i accuse anyone?? like so many of ye harper on about it is a public forum so i am entitled to give my opinion!!

around

"The 'decent' thing would of been to start thread asking did anyone know how to contact the couple in question. Full stop. Not start one full of accusations and assumptions especially when the people in question are not here to defend themselves.

Its no wonder the couple left with this crap going on. These are two people young enough to be most of our kids. The only thing they are guilty of is ignorance and innocence like most of us were at their age.

excuse me but when did i accuse anyone?? like so many of ye harper on about it is a public forum so i am entitled to give my opinion!! "

Who was talking about you???

their old enough to cop on and to stay and sort everything out. Simple as that. Can't blame the poster he wanted to know what was going on and they pissed off without telling him.

"their old enough to cop on and to stay and sort everything out. Simple as that. Can't blame the poster he wanted to know what was going on and they pissed off without telling him. "

Its no wonder the couple left with this crap going on. These are two people young enough to be most of our kids. The only thing they are guilty of is ignorance and innocence like most of us were at their age."

To be fair Kim, the op did start the thread asking how to contact them as they had gone

He was also clear further down in saying he wasn't accusing them of anything, just that it was bad form leaving the site when they hadn't got in touch with everyone

The conjectures came from other posters, and it seems from the couple in question re their email to op

Yes they were young. Same time he had mentioned about festivals etc he had hosted so one would think he was experienced enough to deal with this in an adult way

around

To be fair Kim, the op did start the thread asking how to contact them as they had gone

He was also clear further down in saying he wasn't accusing them of anything, just that it was bad form leaving the site when they hadn't got in touch with everyone

The conjectures came from other posters, and it seems from the couple in question re their email to op

Yes they were young. Same time he had mentioned about festivals etc he had hosted so one would think he was experienced enough to deal with this in an adult way

"

And he got he's answer very early on so there was no need to add. This couple did not 'abscond' as was stated. They quite clearly posted a thread about cancellation and then one saying they were leaving. My point is the couple in question are not here to defend the accusations against them and that is unfair.

And he got he's answer very early on so there was no need to add. This couple did not 'abscond' as was stated. They quite clearly posted a thread about cancellation and then one saying they were leaving. My point is the couple in question are not here to defend the accusations against them and that is unfair. "

Very unfair, plus he was on the list that they had also posted asking quite a few to get in touch regarding a refund

Lucan

And he got he's answer very early on so there was no need to add. This couple did not 'abscond' as was stated. They quite clearly posted a thread about cancellation and then one saying they were leaving. My point is the couple in question are not here to defend the accusations against them and that is unfair. "

It's their own choice not to be here. I'm sure they could've anticipated what might happen in the wake of their sudden departure.

newcastle

Well i had to add. Because they demaned i did. Say i got a refund. I had to defend myself then

because i was accused of saying they were scam artists.. At no stage was i abusive towards them. I asked a question in here. I did state it looked a bit dodgy but i could be wrong,, at no stage did i abuse them ,,

end of

around

And he got he's answer very early on so there was no need to add. This couple did not 'abscond' as was stated. They quite clearly posted a thread about cancellation and then one saying they were leaving. My point is the couple in question are not here to defend the accusations against them and that is unfair.

It's their own choice not to be here. I'm sure they could've anticipated what might happen in the wake of their sudden departure. "

So wait until they leave to have a go at them?? Very mature attitude!! NOT. but not surprising on here.

Lucan

It's their own choice not to be here. I'm sure they could've anticipated what might happen in the wake of their sudden departure.

So wait until they leave to have a go at them?? Very mature attitude!! NOT. but not surprising on here. "

Lol, it wouldn't have been a problem if they hadn't left!

newcastle

So wait until they leave to have a go at them?? Very mature attitude!! NOT. but not surprising on here.

Lol, it wouldn't have been a problem if they hadn't left! "

around

Very sad attitude from the 'mature' people on here.

Guys I think we are beating a dead donkey here, OK people are frustrated but honestly its a swingers site and stuff happens. Thankfully we all have other lives and maybe it would be better not to let our blood pressure get any higher and just try to let it go. In the bigger picture of life in my opinion its a small thing, god forbid we could all be dead tomorrow that's a euphanism by the way before I'm accused of anything. Onwards and upwards and best foot forward

By *umpsuitCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Ah people the couple involved have been in touch with us as we had paid in full and explained what happened. we have no reason to. Doubt what they said we don't believe it's a con just to make a quick. Euro I think narrow minded. Fools have ruined it for lots of us we will still be in waterford at the weekend and intend to meet the organisers to see what happened if anyone wants to know what they say just ask next week ...oh and before anyone says it we don't know them and this was meant to be our first M&G

"Very sad attitude from the 'mature' people on here. "

The point is though, none of this thread would have existed if this couple in question had stayed around until everyone had been refunded and were happy

That would have been the adult and mature thing to have done

around

"Very sad attitude from the 'mature' people on here.

The point is though, none of this thread would have existed if this couple in question had stayed around until everyone had been refunded and were happy

That would have been the adult and mature thing to have done"

And maybe they would of if certain people hadn't made their time on here uncomfortable. They are only in their early 20's... Kids. Ive kids nearly the same age and at times I find this place hard to handle. Give them a break.

And maybe they would of if certain people hadn't made their time on here uncomfortable. They are only in their early 20's... Kids. Ive kids nearly the same age and at times I find this place hard to handle. Give them a break."

And maybe they would of if certain people hadn't made their time on here uncomfortable. They are only in their early 20's... Kids. Ive kids nearly the same age and at times I find this place hard to handle. Give them a break."

I have. Look back and you will see where I've put people right with their confusions over what happened

I don't,like to see anyone get a hard time when it's totally unjustified

I'm saying its that their leaving so suddenly is the reason this thread came about and that the op never made any accusations.

around

"

I agree. Very bad form. To just dissapear like that. Just wondering was it a scam to get money.

Cant help be suspicious by the way they left so suddenly. I could be wrong. "

Their age makes no difference to good manners. Maybe best they left if your this worried about how young they are.

Well this has been dramatic I must say!

"

Cant help be suspicious by the way they left so suddenly. I could be wrong.

"

And in his next post was " Didnt blame them for anything. Asked a question was anyone else in same boat. Me personally i would have mailed everyone here who payed a deposit and this is how to claim a refund."

Really I don't see why you are lambasting the op when all he's done is ask a civil question.

around

And maybe they would of if certain people hadn't made their time on here uncomfortable. They are only in their early 20's... Kids. Ive kids nearly the same age and at times I find this place hard to handle. Give them a break.

Their age makes no difference to good manners. Maybe best they left if your this worried about how young they are. "

They had the manners and decency to post threads prior to leaving, of their intent.

Their age makes no difference to good manners. Maybe best they left if your this worried about how young they are. "

Are you implying they left cos Kim thought they were too young?? And I don't think she said she was ever worried about them....think she implied .bit young and could have bitten off more than could chew...

They posted thread like an hour before they fecked off.

Their email cancelling the event wasn't even written well or in a decent manner.

Your obvs buddy buddy with them so I'll leave you be.

You think the way they handled themselves was decent. I don't and many others. To go running off crying is ridiculous. Their not kids by any means. They were on a swinger site for god sakes. But then again the things they called the poster in an email kind of proves otherwise. To use the R word is horrendous.

Their age makes no difference to good manners. Maybe best they left if your this worried about how young they are.

Are you implying they left cos Kim thought they were too young?? And I don't think she said she was ever worried about them....think she implied .bit young and could have bitten off more than could chew..."

No read above she said they could of handled more marure but their only kids........their not!!!!!

Are you implying they left cos Kim thought they were too young?? And I don't think she said she was ever worried about them....think she implied .bit young and could have bitten off more than could chew...

No read above she said they could of handled more marure but their only kids........their not!!!!!"

Mature i think you mean...a word you should learn to spell properly ....

No read above she said they could of handled more marure but their only kids........their not!!!!!

Mature i think you mean...a word you should learn to spell properly ...."

Hahahaha aren't you hilarious. I pressed the wrong button and out comes the childish replies. Omg this place I think I'll stop posting and just go back to laughing at older people behaving like kids.

I'm leaving this post. So if the above mature adults believe in what they say there'll be no bitching or replying because I'm not here to defend myself

around

No read above she said they could of handled more marure but their only kids........their not!!!!!"

So tell me is this your mature opinion

"Just went on the forums and my god the laughs at the people on there, how about getting lives outside of this place lol"

So does this mean you've now sunk to our level!!!

Mature i think you mean...a word you should learn to spell properly ....

Hahahaha aren't you hilarious. I pressed the wrong button and out comes the childish replies. Omg this place I think I'll stop posting and just go back to laughing at older people behaving like kids. "

No wasnt trying to be funny...and I can assure you I don't act childish... And if you think people on forums don't have lives....why are you then the first to start all this up again....

[Removed by poster at 29/04/14 08:34:57]

One thing I hope this will teach everyone on this site...

Swingers cant keep anything a secret !!

The person who rang the hotel is Scum..

Tell no-one anything on this site !!!

My heart goes out to the people who tried their hardest to organise such an event.. at least the got off their arses and tried to do something.. while most people sit here behind a fkn screen and keyboard and give off about the least we thing

Anyone complaining.. ill say to them... go organise an event for swingers.. and see how much time, effort, personal cost it takes, and then come back here and post up that it was easy ?? my bollocks !!!

Keeping all swingers happy ??... much easier getting Wayne Rooney to play up front for Liverpool !!

Hope the peeps who left the site dust themselves off and get back on here for what they should be doing... having lots of fun !!!

[Removed by poster at 29/04/14 08:34:51]

Nope that's my opinion. God guys. I'm ways just said I'm leaving didn't i. I tried to give it a go and I was proved right.

See yas all. Have fun. And maybe follow my advice. This place is toxic.

Nope that's my opinion. God guys. I'm ways just said I'm leaving didn't i. I tried to give it a go and I was proved right.

See yas all. Have fun. And maybe follow my advice. This place is toxic.

"Nope that's my opinion. God guys. I'm ways just said I'm leaving didn't i. I tried to give it a go and I was proved right.

See yas all. Have fun. And maybe follow my advice. This place is toxic. "

All entitled to an opinion ...

can I just add...

this thread is so long..

I got 2 eggs in a put and them on the boil.. and came and sat down and started reading this thread and forgot about the eggs !!!!

OMG.. now have a burn put and 2 eggs which.. I might try and eat.. however they don't look so good !!

Any chance I can get a refund on here for a put and 2 eggs ???

Jesus, if it had been 2 weeks ago, I could have rolled them down a hill..

To think of all the effort that chicken gave and I go and waste them !! ffs !!

^^ predictive text.. POT !! lol

By *wink partiesCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

OP maybe u should put your efforts into organising your own m&g instead of giving out about it? Yes it was handled badly but hindsights a wonderful thing.

Lesson learnt here is, if ya have a grievance , whatever ya do don't post it on the forums!

"OP maybe u should put your efforts into organising your own m&g instead of giving out about it? Yes it was handled badly but hindsights a wonderful thing. "

Or maybe the hosts could have stuck around until it was all sorted which it clearly is not judging by some comments

"Very sad attitude from the 'mature' people on here. "

"Lesson learnt here is, if ya have a grievance , whatever ya do don't post it on the forums! "

You referring to the op?

newcastle

[Removed by poster at 29/04/14 10:54:14]

» Add a new message to this topic