FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Positive Mental Attitude

Positive Mental Attitude

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Interested in knowing people's opinions on the benefits of a positive mental attitude.

Does a PMA increase the longevity of a persons life? For example, does a terminally ill patient who lives for each day outlive someone who gives up?

I'm in a weirdo mood today

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I believe they do, my auntie and daddy where diagnosed with cancer a week apart, she jut gave up and was dead within 6 weeks, my daddy was positive right to the very end, he survived and fought for a year, he always said positive mental attitude

No I don't think it makes much difference

I do wonder where they get that strength

"I do wonder where they get that strength "

Because the alternative is so much worse

I Think Positive Thinking helps in all aspects of life. ..I think someone with more fight and positivity in them wins over every time.

Mrs .s

Sometimes it hard to make lemonade with all the bloody lemons though

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

PMA is very important. It has lots of mental and I'm sure medical benefits. It's something I've not fully mastered but I thankfully have my moments

PMA covers a wide area of ones thoughts for example when training or having sex some people use their PMA to push themselves further beyond their boundries beyond the pain or feeling tired.

PMA can be used for gain but so can a Negative mental attitude.

Those who don’t believe in positive thinking imagine that positive thinkers expect that their desire will manifest itself if they simply think positively about it.

“It’s the action behind the attraction that makes the dream come true.“ Mr Panther

I strive to improve on perfection but sometimes its hard going.xxx

You can't have a positive life with a negative mind, that's my way of thinking.

"You can't have a positive life with a negative mind, that's my way of thinking. "

What she said....

Being able to relax is another big help I believe!

Try reading The Secret, great book and great way if thinking.

"You can't have a positive life with a negative mind, that's my way of thinking. "

Positive thinking, surround urself with positive people

dublin

"Try reading The Secret, great book and great way if thinking. "

It mustn't be a very well kept secret if there's a book printed about it!

"Try reading The Secret, great book and great way if thinking.

It mustn't be a very well kept secret if there's a book printed about it! "

Duffer wrote it

"Interested in knowing people's opinions on the benefits of a positive mental attitude.

Does a PMA increase the longevity of a persons life? For example, does a terminally ill patient who lives for each day outlive someone who gives up?

I'm in a weirdo mood today "

Pink here....i believe the power of the mind is the most powerful tool you can own...and thats what gets me through tuff times in my life....never give in never never never never give in!!

By *urious fem ddWoman  over a year ago

dublin

In the anvil restaurant in saggart they have a pic in the ladies loo about attitude. I photographed it....and if I manage to upload it to here I'll forward it to you... (its not facebook after all) but attitude is hugely important in how we perceive ourselves and the world around us.

Personally, my glass if half full, I'll always have enough. ...and I make the best of every situation I find myself in. I surround myself with positive people and am aware of people who drain positive energy.

Illness can be cruel, but positive psychology and mindfullness can increase positive outcomes. ..

"Sometimes it hard to make lemonade with all the bloody lemons though "

Might not be the best ever tasting but you have to go for it and you will get it right in the end

"Try reading The Secret, great book and great way if thinking.

It mustn't be a very well kept secret if there's a book printed about it! "

It's a book about the secret of positive thinking. Yes once you've read it, it's not a secret anymore but then keeping secrets isn't very positive

I only wish I'd written it, I'd be a very wise man, it takes views from many different people all believing the same thing.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Interested in knowing people's opinions on the benefits of a positive mental attitude.

I'm in a weirdo mood today "

well speaking from personal experience my father had been on deather door and was given the last rights a number of times but kept pulling through and fought like a champ every time that was until he had is foot then his leg and you could see it in his eyes the will to fight was gone and within 2 months of the op on his leg he was dead so if the person is a fighter the power of the mind can do wonderful things

dublin

Pink here....i believe the power of the mind is the most powerful tool you can own...and thats what gets me through tuff times in my life....never give in never never never never give in!! "

Somebody say 'powerful tool'?

By *urious fem ddWoman  over a year ago

dublin

Black and decker

i really dont know if this is the thread to start with innuendo ?

dublin

"i really dont know if this is the thread to start with innuendo ? "

Now he tells me! I don't start it! My PMA made me!!!

Some people are just more naturally positive and deal with stressful situations far better than others who seem to struggle with even minor dilemmas. Being in the company of a negative person is very draining.

I'm not sure if PMA is something you can teach yourself to have, however a friend of mine recently attended a life coach and found it very beneficial. Sometimes in life we all need to lean on something other than ourselves to get through difficult times.

If it helps you then more power to ya.

Pessimism means it's easier to find positives whereas optimism leaves you open to disappointment.

As in most things, there's room for a little of both in most lives.

I have always been a very positive person,love life and always try to see the good in people and the positive rather than negative. I was a very strong person and through my job I ended up being an agony aunt to a lot of my clients over the years all the negativity they came to me with started to drag me down so much I ended up with depression, after a while I had to try and pick myself up and try and get back to the person I was, I went to a raki master who was also a life coach, I have been going every 4 weeks for years now and she has taught me how to protect myself from all the negativity around me and it's the best thing I ever done, I am now back to the person I was and still listen to people's problems but I don't let the negativity get to me any more

Pink here....i believe the power of the mind is the most powerful tool you can own...and thats what gets me through tuff times in my life....never give in never never never never give in!!

Somebody say 'powerful tool'? "

Haha well amongst....other powerful useful tools....

Yes a positive mental attitude is of benefit, negativity leads to stress and at times ill health.

I always go to work with PMA, needed to overlook the rejections

By *ecretly seductiveWoman  over a year ago

Palookaville

"You can't have a positive life with a negative mind, that's my way of thinking.

What she said....

Being able to relax is another big help I believe!"

So agree. ... But wish I could learn how to relax. ... Maybe the I could sleep!

It definitely makes a difference. It's ultimately related to stress levels. If your stress levels are high it causes all sorts of problems. Scientifically proven!

As mentioned above by Ms Candy Store.It's all about balance,that is the attitude which I would subscribe to.

The adage”too much of a good thing is bad for you” comes to mind,as does “everything in moderation”.

A positive mindset is of course beneficial to a persons well being .

The flipside of this would be that working through negative thoughts and emotions have there place too,they get you back on balance.

Some sort of false belief is harmful too and is arrogant because it doesn't consider the feelings of those around us.We are after all pack animals,this is why we live in communities.Some of us like a lot of people around us and others enjoy their own space and joining in when we like to.

A lot of these so called self help books would be better off having a label stuck onto the front cover saying,”Go out for a long walk and think about the problem-you might not reach a conclusion today but the thought process and the endorphine release will make you feel better”.

People have been on this earth for over 200.000 yrs as homo sapiens,your not the first person to feel this way.

When in times of deep despair,someone to hold and listen to a person without being judgemental in their response can be the best tonic in the world. “When you say nothing at all” as sung by Alison Krauss. Sums this up for me.

I have always found solace in listening to music,whether it be the reassurance gleaned from understanding that the musician felt the emotion before me and had the gift of being able to put that to music and the singer could deliver it with feeling and depth.

Giving up causes the body and organs to give up. More so at later staged in life. I believe that your mind definitely can control your organs but only when they are weak. My grandfather battled cancer recently, hes always been a strong hard working man, going through chemo he still went out to the shed and made gates for people or just worked on hobbies. Was given the all clear after chemo cause he didnt give up. My other grandfather gave up on life and decided he didnt want to do anything but drink and sit around. He passed away from a heart attack....

MIND OVER MATTER !! happiness and willingness to live life the way you want to will make life alot more enjoyable.

More Sex It Is So

This is my new thing!!!! Positive mental attitude! !!! And lots of sex if it helps lol

This is very strange as I pondered starting a similar thread this morning..

Some great points mentioned above including the reference to 'THE SECRET"..

Its definitely a better life to be positive as much as possible then to be bitter but its hard work too

As a rule I do try to distance myself from negetive people as much as possible.

"I Think Positive Thinking helps in all aspects of life. ..I think someone with more fight and positivity in them wins over every time.

Mrs .s"

i agree100%

positive thoughts bring positive things

By *ig peteMan  over a year ago

derry

I think its definetly helps lol

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"positive thoughts bring positive things "

couldn't agree more....that and big tits

"positive thoughts bring positive things

couldn't agree more....that and big tits "

ha ha keeps me balanced

Gods Own Country

couldn't agree more....that and big tits ha ha keeps me balanced "

It's keeping me up

"Sometimes it hard to make lemonade with all the bloody lemons though "

That's what vodka or gin is for

" As mentioned above by Ms Candy Store.It's all about balance,that is the attitude which I would subscribe to.

The adage”too much of a good thing is bad for you” comes to mind,as does “everything in moderation”.

A positive mindset is of course beneficial to a persons well being .

The flipside of this would be that working through negative thoughts and emotions have there place too,they get you back on balance.

Some sort of false belief is harmful too and is arrogant because it doesn't consider the feelings of those around us.We are after all pack animals,this is why we live in communities.Some of us like a lot of people around us and others enjoy their own space and joining in when we like to.

A lot of these so called self help books would be better off having a label stuck onto the front cover saying,”Go out for a long walk and think about the problem-you might not reach a conclusion today but the thought process and the endorphine release will make you feel better”.

People have been on this earth for over 200.000 yrs as homo sapiens,your not the first person to feel this way.

When in times of deep despair,someone to hold and listen to a person without being judgemental in their response can be the best tonic in the world. “When you say nothing at all” as sung by Alison Krauss. Sums this up for me.

I have always found solace in listening to music,whether it be the reassurance gleaned from understanding that the musician felt the emotion before me and had the gift of being able to put that to music and the singer could deliver it with feeling and depth."

couldn't agree more....that and big tits ha ha keeps me balanced

It's keeping me up "

aim to pleased

Gods Own Country

couldn't agree more....that and big tits ha ha keeps me balanced

It's keeping me up aim to pleased "

Aim away

There was a philosopher who pondered about the stars,constantly looking upwards wondering and pondering.

He fell down the hole.

Moral of the story don't take life to seriously and live every moment like its your last. You worry you die,you don't worry you still die,why worry?

Stay positive x

[Removed by poster at 24/06/14 00:58:15]

"There was a philosopher who pondered about the stars,constantly looking upwards wondering and pondering.

He fell down the hole.

Moral of the story don't take life to seriously and live every moment like its your last. You worry you die,you don't worry you still die,why worry?

Stay positive x"

By *ateatnight1055Man  over a year ago

Ballybrit

I dunno if it's worth mentioning on here, but I'm off the back of a day I can only describe as humbling. Not in any bad way at all, just humbled by the friends and family I have. By the way they stood by me, by the way they worked selflessly for me. I don't know if I'll wake up with a pma. But I will wake up with a sense of humility and gratitude. And I will wake up happy. Great day indeed.

"I dunno if it's worth mentioning on here, but I'm off the back of a day I can only describe as humbling. Not in any bad way at all, just humbled by the friends and family I have. By the way they stood by me, by the way they worked selflessly for me. I don't know if I'll wake up with a pma. But I will wake up with a sense of humility and gratitude. And I will wake up happy. Great day indeed."

No,not worth mentioning what so ever

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

"I dunno if it's worth mentioning on here, but I'm off the back of a day I can only describe as humbling. Not in any bad way at all, just humbled by the friends and family I have. By the way they stood by me, by the way they worked selflessly for me. I don't know if I'll wake up with a pma. But I will wake up with a sense of humility and gratitude. And I will wake up happy. Great day indeed."

i always try to have a positive outlook on life and try to keep away from negativity. but thats not always as easily done as said ive seen some of the most positive and outwardly happy people take there own lives in the past few years some left notes explaining others just did it with no explanation. so all i can say about PMA is it works for some and not for others all you can do is try and get through life and find things that make you happy as you never know when the day will come when you just check out of this world.

"i always try to have a positive outlook on life and try to keep away from negativity. but thats not always as easily done as said ive seen some of the most positive and outwardly happy people take there own lives in the past few years some left notes explaining others just did it with no explanation. so all i can say about PMA is it works for some and not for others all you can do is try and get through life and find things that make you happy as you never know when the day will come when you just check out of this world."
so very true

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

I've only read the opening and last posts so I may be repeating but

My take on positive thinking means being realistic. Some people mistake positive thinking for hopeful thinking and while there is nothing wrong with doing that they should be willing to accept reality. The end result may not be the outcome required but its about taking the positivity from it, not concentrating on the negative aspects. Its all a point of perspective. Positive thoughts require positive actions. Instead of moaning and complaining get up and do something to change for the better.

» Add a new message to this topic