FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > What is the purpose of the forums?

What is the purpose of the forums?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishpleasure OP   Man  over a year ago

about

Looking at the recent press interest in this forum got me wondering what would Joe Bloggs think if he stumbled into here? We have marathon runners, bad hair days, extracts from songs etc. It also seems to be used like a chat room with a core (or clique according to some) involved in ping pong replies.

While I am unsure still of its purpose, I wonder if some are giving too much information on here.....

Considered, measured responses only please. This post is not an attack on anyone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

What personally information do you think ? So if I comment on a "bad hair thread " or the lyrics to a song. I'm not giving information about myself. And if someone comments why can't people comment back.

I would have meet a good few people that use the forums

Yes they might know Me and others have the good fortune of knowing me more. I'm I'll today so I'm trying some self praise

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What personally information do you think ? So if I comment on a "bad hair thread " or the lyrics to a song. I'm not giving information about myself. And if someone comments why can't people comment back.

Yes they might know Me and others have the good fortune of knowing me more. I'm I'll today so I'm trying some self praise "

hope you feel better soon xx

By *cjoyCouple  over a year ago

Galway

I feel that the purpose of the forums is to get people chatting, to give people the opportunity to express their opinions on every day issues, albeit sometimes about 'bad hair days'

The way in which each individual or couple chooses to use this site is entirely up to them.

I'm not sure that I agree fully that people give away personal information on here though, I'm quite sure that I don't.

Miss Mcjoy

about

"What personally information do you think ? So if I comment on a "bad hair thread " or the lyrics to a song. I'm not giving information about myself. And if someone comments why can't people comment back.

Yes they might know Me and others have the good fortune of knowing me more. I'm I'll today so I'm trying some self praise "

when you have everyone outlining their plans in a recorded media such as the forum it gives the press access to the scale of an activity about to take place. they have no interest in the 4 and 5s but when a post shows hundreds......

get well soon btw xx

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

ahhhh .....so it was you who gave my Ollie pop man flu...turning him in to the sexiest snot pot on here.....

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Have to agree with the op there times when maybe a tad to much is revealed. Especially when the forms are open to nonmembers most of us don't give out personal stuff but reading between the lines an article like yesterdays one can be banged together. Its not the bad hair days or the favourite song threads they are interested in

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"Have to agree with the op there times when maybe a tad to much is revealed. Especially when the forms are open to nonmembers most of us don't give out personal stuff but reading between the lines an article like yesterdays one can be banged together. Its not the bad hair days or the favourite song threads they are interested in "
u mean to tell me they not interested in my cold damm. I thought that makes front page news

about

"Have to agree with the op there times when maybe a tad to much is revealed. Especially when the forms are open to nonmembers most of us don't give out personal stuff but reading between the lines an article like yesterdays one can be banged together. Its not the bad hair days or the favourite song threads they are interested in "

I do belive there is a place for some of the discussions that take place here but is a forum a suitable spot. Many of the people most vocal about yesterday's news article also happen to the more prolific posters.....

Why not use the chat room to chat? Some other sites have the ability to create rooms where like minded people can chat about whatever they like....

I know things won't change as a culture of use has developed but we can't be surprised when what is typed in here gets into the public domain.

The forums are generally a place where people who would normally have nothing to do with each other congregate to complain about the lack of cock pics and how the timewasters and fakes are really good . . You may also find some vaguely humorous threads or ones that involve national security . . . Most should be taken without any pinch of naturally produced salt from the dead sea. . . Hope this helps. . .

we work with what we have.. there are no private chat room as far as I'm aware...

I think the forum is here to discuss any subjects and it's actually good it's not in real time, so I can join the discussion when I come home from work etc.

Whether the M&G was discussed on the forums or not, it would have gone to the press anyway. They had a copy of the actual invite which was never shared on here.

A lot of people become friends and chat privately cause of the forums its a great way to see people who u wouldn't think to message usually just my opinion

By *cjoyCouple  over a year ago

Galway

"A lot of people become friends and chat privately cause of the forums its a great way to see people who u wouldn't think to message usually just my opinion "

I agree with you

Miss Mcjoy

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

You can get more of an insight into a person fro their posts than from their profile in my opinion.

"You can get more of an insight into a person fro their posts than from their profile in my opinion. "

Agreed!

Banter an Craic for me an just getting to know those that at some point i would like to meet in the future. .or not meet lol

It's a swing site so let's swiiiing! !!

"Banter an Craic for me an just getting to know those that at some point i would like to meet in the future. .or not meet lol

It's a swing site so let's swiiiing! !!

"

+1

The chatroom is no substitute for such varied and sometimes very interesting and thought provoking threads. And, as far as cliques are concerned, the chatroom is where you will definitely find them. Some people seem to live there and it can be next to impossible to introduce a new subject or have any sort of meaningful intelligent exchange of views. The chatroom seems to be there mainly for light banter which is fine for what it is: banter.

Jeepers-I obviously need/don't need more coffee!

The more the media are talked about the more interest they will have as to what's going on..people here seem to be more concerned with the media than the media are of them..

Great place to get to know people before parties or meet and greets

Some threads are light hearted and others are more serious

But swinging is all about variety

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

I agree with the op. It is like one big chatroom but every now and then a good informative and debatable thread is posted.

"A lot of people become friends and chat privately cause of the forums its a great way to see people who u wouldn't think to message usually just my opinion "

exactly iv got chatting to some lovely people all because of the forums

around

"You can get more of an insight into a person fro their posts than from their profile in my opinion. "

I disagree. I think wrong opinions are formed of people because of their posts.

I don't think the forums are like a chat room at all :O

I used to go into the chat rooms quite a but after first joining but found it was harder to get involved due to said 'cliques' having a really quick conversation (and the constant barrage of guys asking women to strip on cam) whereas in the forums it's a much slower and diversified conversation meaning more people get to drop in their two cents haven't bothered with the chat room in a while but can't get off the forum :D

Amen to that.

If you just took me on my profile you'd think i was just some sort of beautiful well hung funny guy. But on the forum board people see how nice I am too. It's really a great service.

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"You can get more of an insight into a person fro their posts than from their profile in my opinion.

I disagree. I think wrong opinions are formed of people because of their posts. "

Perhaps, context means a lot. But I'd like to think I can tell sarcasm or banter from actual malice.

By *unstercplCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

[Removed by poster at 27/10/14 12:05:04]

around

"You can get more of an insight into a person fro their posts than from their profile in my opinion.

Perhaps, context means a lot. But I'd like to think I can tell sarcasm or banter from actual malice. "

Maybe you do but unfortunately there are a lot that don't, and some that read more into posts then what is actually posted.

By *unstercplCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"I agree with the op. It is like one big chatroom but every now and then a good informative and debatable thread is posted. "

The chat rooms are not a nice place to visit as newbies are excluded.The OP is right that the forums are used as a replacement we fear. While valid info can be broached triviality often takes over at the expense of the originaloriginal post.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Perhaps, context means a lot. But I'd like to think I can tell sarcasm or banter from actual malice.

Maybe you do but unfortunately there are a lot that don't, and some that read more into posts then what is actually posted."

Its a strange place I have being guilty of forming an opinion of a poster and taking a dislike to them, to later change that opinion due to having taken the earlier posts out of context. In chat that's not so easy as it moves along so fast and when u return its gone at least on the forms u can read back and revualate

I still think we divulge to much info at times

By the way Kim's a babe with a different outlook than most which I now find enlighting, at the start I had a different opinion glad I stuck with the fourms

To divulge personal information, have public rows and stroke egos?

"To divulge personal information, have public rows and stroke egos?

"

Like that guy with the 18ft cock, must have an ego to match after posting :L

The purpose is to bitch, moan, have a laugh and flirt

"The purpose is to bitch, moan, have a laugh and flirt "

you forgot one thing: to form wrong opinions about other inhabitants of the forum lol

"The purpose is to bitch, moan, have a laugh and flirt

you forgot one thing: to form wrong opinions about other inhabitants of the forum lol

"

Now that doesn't seem to be flirting, so you must be having a bitch/moan/laugh

"The purpose is to bitch, moan, have a laugh and flirt

Now that doesn't seem to be flirting, so you must be having a bitch/moan/laugh "

the bitch/moan/forming wrong opinions made me decide to leave the forums and only visit sporadically. there is too much negativity, which I do not enjoy. make love not war.

Did someone off

Did someone offer to stroke an ego? Begs first!!

I use the forums to put my random thoughts out there and have banter. Not everyone appreciates it but then there are plenty of threads I chose not to participate in. That's why I like it, they are there to be used as anyone sees fit so it's often a very diverse mix of subjects with lots of different views

"I use the forums to put my random thoughts out there and have banter. Not everyone appreciates it but then there are plenty of threads I chose not to participate in. That's why I like it, they are there to be used as anyone sees fit so it's often a very diverse mix of subjects with lots of different views "

"I use the forums to put my random thoughts out there and have banter. Not everyone appreciates it but then there are plenty of threads I chose not to participate in. That's why I like it, they are there to be used as anyone sees fit so it's often a very diverse mix of subjects with lots of different views "

» Add a new message to this topic